Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Were not rivals because we are not playing at White Hart Lane.  Your rivals are United and Chelsea.

On a side note, Pep probably just feels a bit inadequate when it comes to us because he has the possibly the most expensive squad ever in the EPL and our cost under 80m.  And to fair fair, i don't blame him.:smile:

After 7 games, you are 3rd. Wembley or not (didn't think you would use that as an excuse) and the way you are playing makes you rivals.

As for Pep, I know you love knocking him but I doubt very much he feels inadequate about anything

"Were not rivals because we are not playing at White Hart Lane." What does that mean?

"Pep probably just feels a bit inadequate when it comes to us because..." of course he does Carmine, of course he does.

Pep's comment was probably an attempt to irritate Spurs and ManU; seems he hit the mark with the spurs fans eh!

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

After 7 games, you are 3rd. Wembley or not (didn't think you would use that as an excuse) and the way you are playing makes you rivals.

As for Pep, I know you love knocking him but I doubt very much he feels inadequate about anything

Were we at WHL i think we'd win the league.  We're not and its pure folly to suggest we are rivals.  Its you, United and that small club from west London.  With the players you have you should all be in a separate league anyway

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Were not rivals because we are not playing at White Hart Lane." What does that mean?

"Pep probably just feels a bit inadequate when it comes to us because..." of course he does Carmine, of course he does.

Pep's comment was probably an attempt to irritate Spurs and ManU; seems he hit the mark with the spurs fans eh!

If you don't know what that means i venture to say you are the only football fan in the entire country that doesn't.  

At the beginning of the season I had City and Chelsea to be contesting for the top two places. How wrong I was in elevating Chelsea to the same level as City. Now the light blues have comfortably beaten the London blues I cant see any team catching them post @@ (can't find the post but ages ago).

Chelsea were a huge disappointment. The reigning champions, playing at home; and SO, SO negative!!!! I've just watched the game and City could have won 3/4-0 and wouldn't have had to break into a sweat. I'll tell you what Conte go and watch Man City at home this year. Not afraid of anyone. Is he trying to turn the Champions into a counter-attacking team? Looks like it to me. If so then why let Salah go?

Man Utd will come to a sticky end at Anfield on the 14 Oct; while City will easily beat Stoke. They should be looking at the record points total this season (95).  Record goals too. The four timer is most definately on; EPL, CL, Fart cup and Milk cup.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

He wasn't discussing last year, he was discussing the rivals for this year and said "But we also have United, we saw again the Harry Kane team scores every day two or three goals.". What would the results of last year have to do with the conversation?

It doesn't really matter what season he was talking about, why would he come out with a pathetic remark like that ? i'm just glad our manager shows some decorum in his interview's !

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Why would he want to do that ?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Were we at WHL i think we'd win the league.  We're not and its pure folly to suggest we are rivals.  Its you, United and that small club from west London.  With the players you have you should all be in a separate league anyway

Sorry Carms but it's a lame excuse, you not being at WHL. It WAS a strange pitch to you at first but you have had enough games there now for it to be more an advantage for you guys to play on, than a visiting team.

Spurs are playing fantastic football, you're in 3rd after 7 games and therefore, you are rivals. Don't know whether you are trying to lower your own expectations and trying to deflect pressure but you ain't kidding anyone. You are rivals

37 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

It doesn't really matter what season he was talking about, why would he come out with a pathetic remark like that ? i'm just glad our manager shows some decorum in his interview's !

Can't understand a word your manager says, so wouldn't know if he is showing decorum or just doesn't know enough english to crack a joke.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry Carms but it's a lame excuse, you not being at WHL. It WAS a strange pitch to you at first but you have had enough games there now for it to be more an advantage for you guys to play on, than a visiting team.

Spurs are playing fantastic football, you're in 3rd after 7 games and therefore, you are rivals. Don't know whether you are trying to lower your own expectations and trying to deflect pressure but you ain't kidding anyone. You are rivals

It has nothing to do with the pitch.  Its all about the visiting sides, particularly the smaller teams getting the chance to play at the national stadium, something many will never get the chance to do again.  That negates any home advantage.  I really don't understand why you don't get this.

As i say, it has nothing to do with the pitch, we've already proven how well we are capable of playing there.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Carms mentioned last season

This season, last season, regardless, its just a silly, rather childish jibe to come out with.  Especially from a manager thats spent what he has.  Even if it was true, most other clubs have nothing like the player resources he's been gifted.

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Can't understand a word your manager says, so wouldn't know if he is showing decorum or just doesn't know enough english to crack a joke.

Yes always best to deflect away from the question i asked !!!

why would he come out with a pathetic remark like that ?

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Do you reckon its cos we have a better manager then?

Well the real question is one that can't be answered.  Would we be anywhere near as good as we are currently and last season if he had been our manager working off the same limited resources?  I personally doubt it very much.

Then again, there is no argument that City are very impressive and playing lovely football and will take a lot of beating to the title.  

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

At the beginning of the season I had City and Chelsea to be contesting for the top two places. How wrong I was in elevating Chelsea to the same level as City. Now the light blues have comfortably beaten the London blues I cant see any team catching them post @@ (can't find the post but ages ago).

Chelsea were a huge disappointment. The reigning champions, playing at home; and SO, SO negative!!!! I've just watched the game and City could have won 3/4-0 and wouldn't have had to break into a sweat. I'll tell you what Conte go and watch Man City at home this year. Not afraid of anyone. Is he trying to turn the Champions into a counter-attacking team? Looks like it to me. If so then why let Salah go?

Man Utd will come to a sticky end at Anfield on the 14 Oct; while City will easily beat Stoke. They should be looking at the record points total this season (95).  Record goals too. The four timer is most definately on; EPL, CL, Fart cup and Milk cup.

You need to get on them then as you can buy them at 89 at the moment.

1 minute ago, petermik said:

No........your chairman,s a tight arse.......sorry for the language.....:clap2:

Well done for posting publicly.  I thought you might have made your usual stupid <deleted> post via personal message like you did to me!!

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

No........your chairman,s a tight arse.......sorry for the language.....:clap2:

We're happy to not be bundreds of millions in debt thanks.

Oh and with a brand new stadium almost built.

Delli Alli to Madrid or Barca for 200million will likely pay for a large part of that.

Pragmatic but true....hopefully not for another 18 months however.

37 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Yes always best to deflect away from the question i asked !!!

I didn't deflect. I said Poch "just doesn't know enough english to crack a joke."

Anyway, lighten up. It was just a joke. Spurs fans are turning into snowflakes

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well the real question is one that can't be answered.  Would we be anywhere near as good as we are currently and last season if he had been our manager working off the same limited resources?  I personally doubt it very much.

Then again, there is no argument that City are very impressive and playing lovely football and will take a lot of beating to the title.  

They are actually entertaining to watch now which surprised me....about time!

13 minutes ago, petermik said:

Good luck with that one Ronnie........you have waited a long time for it........:whistling:

no returns in business without proper investment in the first place :thumbsup:

Ah yes the Glazer business model. Hilarious.

19 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You need to get on them then as you can buy them at 89 at the moment.

Yes 89 as you say. But Burnley at 41.5 the best value in the EPL. I have Everton sell at 56.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Do you reckon its cos we have a better manager then?

Don't understand Spurs obsession with who is the best manager and whether Poch is better than Pep. You have a great manager and so do we. Poch has been at Spurs for about 3 years now and Pep has just been with us over a year.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't understand Spurs obsession with who is the best manager and whether Poch is better than Pep. You have a great manager and so do we. Poch has been at Spurs for about 3 years now and Pep has just been with us over a year.

Strange that you mention a few figs but no mention of money spent figures  :whistling:

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Strange that you mention a few figs but no mention of money spent figures  :whistling:

Probably only strange to you and other Spurs fans who seem obsessed with the money element.

Instead of complaing to us about how much you haven't spent, complain to your owner about spending more.