Manchester City

mrbojangles

Back to Man City news: Now, that sterling manager of men, Mr. Mancini has opted to criticize Kompany in the media for his recent international duty with Belgium. Doesn't Mr. Mancini realize that City is not going to catch United ? (sorry to say, but the truth). City have enough malcontents and underperformers on the squad without the manager spouting off at one of the club stalwarts, not to mention captain. What's the strategy ? Keep some of the overpaid, underperforming clowns, and piss off Kompany and Yaya ?!huh.png

The thing is Jelly, Kompany has been out for weeks injured and unable to play for us (his bread and butter club) yet he plays for Belgium. Could you imagine Fergie putting up with that? To be honest, I was also livid when I heard he was going to play.

I gotta say that I am super surprised at the short shrift given international football on the football threads at Thaivisa. I suppose it comes as no surprise given that so many posters from the UK (or maybe its just England) seem incredibly disenchanted and bitter about the fate of their national team(s). There is no question in my mind that a respectful percentage of players hold playing for their country just as a rewarding as playing for their club. The debate about that, the money involved, loyalties to club or country, and the rest, could go on forever. But, for me, if a player has a chance to help his country qualify for the World Cup by playing one or two matches, as opposed to playing in one near meaningless match for his club...well it might not take too much deciding about what direction to go.

I figure I may be very much alone with my thinking on this, but there are lots of football fans out there (maybe not on Thaivisa) that would agree with me.

• Like 1

Back to Man City news: Now, that sterling manager of men, Mr. Mancini has opted to criticize Kompany in the media for his recent international duty with Belgium. Doesn't Mr. Mancini realize that City is not going to catch United ? (sorry to say, but the truth). City have enough malcontents and underperformers on the squad without the manager spouting off at one of the club stalwarts, not to mention captain. What's the strategy ? Keep some of the overpaid, underperforming clowns, and piss off Kompany and Yaya ?!huh.png

The thing is Jelly, Kompany has been out for weeks injured and unable to play for us (his bread and butter club) yet he plays for Belgium. Could you imagine Fergie putting up with that? To be honest, I was also livid when I heard he was going to play.

I gotta say that I am super surprised at the short shrift given international football on the football threads at Thaivisa. I suppose it comes as no surprise given that so many posters from the UK (or maybe its just England) seem incredibly disenchanted and bitter about the fate of their national team(s). There is no question in my mind that a respectful percentage of players hold playing for their country just as a rewarding as playing for their club. The debate about that, the money involved, loyalties to club or country, and the rest, could go on forever. But, for me, if a player has a chance to help his country qualify for the World Cup by playing one or two matches, as opposed to playing in one near meaningless match for his club...well it might not take too much deciding about what direction to go.

I figure I may be very much alone with my thinking on this, but there are lots of football fans out there (maybe not on Thaivisa) that would agree with me.

You need to start looking back a bit mate.......i am English and support England and am very happy to see the progress(yes progress)they are making with the transition of the old guard into the youthful set up we now have and it will get better with the more games they play,have always said England's future is good and i am also happy to see an English manager at the helm.

• Like 1

You need to start looking back a bit mate.......i am English and support England and am very happy to see the progress(yes progress)they are making with the transition of the old guard into the youthful set up we now have and it will get better with the more games they play,have always said England's future is good and i am also happy to see an English manager at the helm.

Red-to insure that I'm not being misunderstood, I am not criticzing England's performance past or present. I am surprised at what seems to be the lack of support they receive from so many football savvy posters on Thaivisa. Its as though they have been heartbroken so many times that they have nearly given up. As I say, surprising to me, but I'm not being critical. Sharing an impression matey.

Totally agree about some of the comments people on here make about the England team in particular. But I think you got hold of the wrong end of the stick as to what I was saying about Kompany. I absolutely agree that a player should be free to play for his national team but only if he is fit. In the case of Rio Ferdinand, he has been playing for United and showing no signs of injury, yet he refuses to play. Kompany on the other hand hasn't played for City since january through injury, yet he plays for Belgium before being announced as fit to return for his club.

You can't say that. It will be interpreted as "we are going to win the next world cup". Its also arrogant and overly nationalistic. When will the football loving english ever learn. Ours is to hide away, look guilty for supporting our country and never ever raise our national flag.

Lord forbid we might upset the other tender delicate home nations. Bunch of w*nk*rs

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

You see this is why I get p!ssed off.

You are supposedly a City fan, and you dont take the trouble to actually listen to the real interview that Mancini gives!! Its annoying and disappointing!!

First of all Yaya!! How is he p!ssing off Yaya? Really? Even Yaya's agent has said that the only person who appreciates Yaya, is Mancini!! Mancini has just gone on record as saying Yaya is one of the best players in the world, and will be with City for the forseeable future!! How is that seen as p!ssing off Yaya, yet alone being even the slightest bit negative??blink.png

You want to talk about Kompany? Both manager and player have the upmost respect for each other. FACT

Kompany has been out for 2 months, City have been bringing him back to full fitness, when he gets called up for international duty, Fair Enough. But playing him for 90 minutes is downright ridiculous!! Mancini has gone public in expressing his opinion ( which in my mind, he is 100%spot on). He has no way gone to slag Kompany off in public!! He has expressed his disappointment, QUITE RIGHT, but at least Mancini respects the International Football unwritten law, as opposed to Ferguson, whose team players have an uncanny knack of suddenly developing 'injuries' before important games.

Support your manager, or if you have a problem with him, at least get the facts right!!

You are supposedly a City fan, and you dont take the trouble to actually listen to the real interview that Mancini gives!! Its annoying and disappointing!!

First of all Yaya!! How is he p!ssing off Yaya? Really? Even Yaya's agent has said that the only person who appreciates Yaya, is Mancini!! Mancini has just gone on record as saying Yaya is one of the best players in the world, and will be with City for the forseeable future!! How is that seen as p!ssing off Yaya, yet alone being even the slightest bit negative??blink.png

You want to talk about Kompany? Both manager and player have the upmost respect for each other. FACT

Kompany has been out for 2 months, City have been bringing him back to full fitness, when he gets called up for international duty, Fair Enough. But playing him for 90 minutes is downright ridiculous!! Mancini has gone public in expressing his opinion ( which in my mind, he is 100%spot on). He has no way gone to slag Kompany off in public!! He has expressed his disappointment, QUITE RIGHT, but at least Mancini respects the International Football unwritten law, as opposed to Ferguson, whose team players have an uncanny knack of suddenly developing 'injuries' before important games.

Support your manager, or if you have a problem with him, at least get the facts right!!

Hey, I'll get my "facts" and you can get yours. Spare me all your outraged exclamation marks. I can be a fan of City and not agree with you. And, I never said Mancini criticized Yaya. My reference was to Yaya's recent contract issues and the reported problem there, not with Mancini.

Here's the ESPN article:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1391343/roberto-mancin-said-vincent-kompany-put-belgium-before-city?cc=4716

So, unless Mancini was misquoted, he did criticize Kompany. And further, the point of my original post was to focus on the use of the media to criticize players. Which I find juvenile and unbecoming a professional manager in any field of endeavor. You can continue to slip on your blinders about Mancini's weaknesses at your leisure. I'm not so inclined. And, as has been pointed out here before, this is a forum. When it becomes a forum that only allows your particular Man City take on things, be sure to let me know. Cheers.

Edited by jellydog

Hey, I'll get my "facts" and you can get yours. Spare me all your outraged exclamation marks. I can be a fan of City and not agree with you. And, I never said Mancini criticized Yaya. My reference was to Yaya's recent contract issues and the reported problem there, not with Mancini.

Here's the ESPN article:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1391343/roberto-mancin-said-vincent-kompany-put-belgium-before-city?cc=4716

So, unless Mancini was misquoted, he did criticize Kompany. And further, the point of my original post was to focus on the use of the media to criticize players. Which I find juvenile and unbecoming a professional manager in any field of endeavor. You can continue to slip on your blinders about Mancini's weaknesses at your leisure. I'm not so inclined. And, as has been pointed out here before, this is a forum. When it becomes a forum that only allows your particular Man City take on things, be sure to let me know. Cheers.

Read my post again!!!!!!!

You state....... " and p!ss off Kompany and Yaya", and you refer to 'the manager, ie Mancini in that sentence. So how is Mancini p!ssing off Yaya? We both know you cannot answer that, so you are using your obvious dislike for Mancini, to make something out of nothing!!

You can go back over the last interview Mancini gave relating to Kompany ( find it yourself) and any other interview where he talks about our Captain.

I dont have a problem with you and I having differing opinions over our manager, who brought us our first, and second trophy , in more than 35 yrs. But use facts, or listen to the real interview before pontificating over 2nd and 3rd hand newspaper reportswink.png

Here's the ESPN article:

Now Now Lads keep calm its only opinions wai.gif

It's just a pity you don't support SAF and all the work he does to Help and support ENGALAND'S National Team and the EPL biggrin.png

BT smile.png

Here's the ESPN article:

Now Now Lads keep calm its only opinions wai.gif

It's just a pity you don't support SAF and all the work he does to Help and support ENGALAND'S National Team and the EPL biggrin.png

BT smile.png

I dont have a problem with someone having an opinion different to mine. Just use facts or reasoning to back it up.

I have supported City since the 60's, old fart that I am. Some people seem to forget how lucky we are right now. I dont appreciate when someone quotes something and infers something that isnt fact, when its easy to listen to an actual interview to understand what is actually said.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Here's the ESPN article:

Read my post again!!!!!!!

You state....... " and p!ss off Kompany and Yaya", and you refer to 'the manager, ie Mancini in that sentence. So how is Mancini p!ssing off Yaya? We both know you cannot answer that, so you are using your obvious dislike for Mancini, to make something out of nothing!!

You can go back over the last interview Mancini gave relating to Kompany ( find it yourself) and any other interview where he talks about our Captain.

I dont have a problem with you and I having differing opinions over our manager, who brought us our first, and second trophy , in more than 35 yrs. But use facts, or listen to the real interview before pontificating over 2nd and 3rd hand newspaper reportswink.png

J&D-as far as re-reading posts, I never said Mancini was pissing off Yaya and Kompany. You can re-read posts as well as I can. I don't know the opinion of ESPN in the UK, but is not considered a 2nd or 3rd hand newspaper. And, I don't have a huge dislike for Mancini. He clearly irritates me with what I consider to be mysterious substitutions, and I think his man management skills are often poor. That's about it. His hair is also in need of a trim, and his English perplexing.wai.gif

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

This is what you said...................................Doesn't Mr. Mancini realize that City is not going to catch United ?
(sorry to say, but the truth). City have enough malcontents and
underperformers on the squad without the manager spouting off at one of
the club stalwarts, not to mention captain. What's the strategy ? Keep
some of the overpaid, underperforming clowns, and piss off Kompany and
Yaya ?!huh.png

So unless English is not your first language.............. Man Up and admit what you said!!

He has already said that United have won the league. He criticises the Belgium manager, and states that Yaya is one of the best players in the world and will be at City for the forseeable future. You can listen to the interview on several news agency networks. Its nothing like what you are making it out to be

This is what you said...................................Doesn't Mr. Mancini realize that City is not going to catch United ?

(sorry to say, but the truth). City have enough malcontents and

underperformers on the squad without the manager spouting off at one of

the club stalwarts, not to mention captain. What's the strategy ? Keep

some of the overpaid, underperforming clowns, and piss off Kompany and

Yaya ?!huh.png

So unless English is not your first language.............. Man Up and admit what you said!!

He has already said that United have won the league. He criticises the Belgium manager, and states that Yaya is one of the best players in the world and will be at City for the forseeable future. You can listen to the interview on several news agency networks. Its nothing like what you are making it out to be

Jeez, this could go on forever. I can see where I'm misintrepreted. I'm irritated with Yaya's contract situation and I then get irritated by what I see as needless criticism of Kompany. I did not mean to say that I blame Mancini for the Yaya situation. If Yaya leaves I will sure as hell blame City management. My disquiet has to do with what I perceive as two very important City players possibly not being treated well. If I am wrong about that, then great, I hope I am. I don't want to continue this pointless debate. I'm not making anything "out to be". My comments were responding to a news article. You have doubts about the veracity (English being my first language) of the material in the article, OK, you have doubts.

I have sent you a private message. I am also in the process of contacting Mancini to recommend you as his agent.wai.gif

Edited by jellydog

So he was dumped by Arsenal then!

Yes not good enough for Arsenal and dumped by Spurs say's it all really, how desperate city have become since the FFP.biggrin.png

So Nev does that mean there will be no RedNose led FA investigation as to why he didn't join Utd?

Why would there be? he is not good enough for spurs or arsenal so he is no where good enough for man utd, as for bringing Fryers up again answer reds question, why did you let him go to liege then sign him after we know why being a spurs fan do you?

The lad was homesick in Belgium and Spurs helped him out. wink.png

I probably should leave this alone, but here's something else that touches on Mancini, Kompany and the issues between clubs and international football:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/4552?cc=4716

The guy who wrote the article is either retarded or just a knob.

When has Mancini been 'well spoken'? His English is at best below average.

Mancini has NEVER accused Kompany of being disloyal.

The Belgian manager is a tosser. Kompany hasnt played for 2 months. Had he been fit he would have played last weekend. I understand the loyalty for country. Had he played for 45 minutes, I would have considered that a fair compromise.

Now I doubt he will play on Saturday. I dont think the club will risk him playing 2 games in a few days. Mancini has been more than honest with his players and Internationals . He doesnt make lame excuses about them not being fit etc. But when a player has been out for 2 months, had his first game been on Saturday V Newcastle, then there is a good chance he would not have played a full 90 minutes. Why could the Belgian manager not play fair and let him play part of the game? Like I said.... Tosser

They still have it every year i think although now it is billed as "summer in the park" really enjoyed going out round teh area and ending up in Withington village or hi-so tongue.png Didsbury village.

They still have it every year i think although now it is billed as "summer in the park" really enjoyed going out round teh area and ending up in Withington village or hi-so tongue.png Didsbury village.

Didsbury? Shows yer low expectation when a couple of pubs and nepalese restaurants constitutes "hi-so". laugh.png

You need to get to Bangkok a bit more mate. tongue.png

Wasn't he having a go at the Belgium manager rather than the player?

Both, from what I read today.

Yes i see what you mean.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21970988

I fully understand why Mancini is angry, but surely the way to handle it would have been to have been more forceful with his views before it happened. He says that he spoke to both the manager and the player to try and stop the player playing, but in the end, they both ignored him. Sounds like Mancini has been messed around then, and he needs to ask himself why people think they can do that to him and get away with it. Perhaps it has something to do with having allowed himself to be walked over in the past by the likes of the Tevez's and the Balotelli's.