Manchester City

mrbojangles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326322/Roberto-Mancini-revealed-The-Manchester-City-dressing-room-battles-sacking.html

Interesting piece.

Particularly regarding Kompany and Hart.

I believe Kompany has always carried himself well as an articulate and intelligent professional with no agendas.

If Mancini refused to listen to his captain, who would have been extremely close to the players, then its no surprise that problems escalated.

It seems like the Man Love is slowly dissipating (already) 5.gif

I will always be grateful for what he did and the trophies he won.

It was obvious that things were not right behind the scenes for some time.

I still believe his sacking and the way it was handled was disgraceful.

But I am a realist, no person is bigger than the club. We have fantastic owners, but I dislike both Marwood and Bergiristan. Onwards and upwards, hoping the managerial appointment turns out to be the right one for the club

I think defensively City have been sound and they really don't have any primadonnas or problems there which is a plus for the new manager,it just seems that Tevez Nasri and a few others in attacking positions spit the dummy out dead easy when they are up against it....this is down to team spirit which ultimately lies with the staff and manager.

Balotelli might of been a character but his lazy style and bad attitude on the pitch where another problem.

As to Roy Keane and Mancini...............imagine if Yaya Toure had turned against the manager and add some tongue.png Ferguson the difference is there with what Fergieson did with the Legend Keano ...he got rid and the fans where 100% behind him,if Mancini had of got rid of Toure there would of been a massive problem for Mancini.

The problem with City defensively, I believe is the zonal marking, to which they have conceded too many goals. And the tinkering with 3-5-2 which for some reason, they dont get. I believe the problem was the defensive coach, who has since departed, was Italian who spoke no English!!blink.png . Hopefully that will now be resolved.

I think the problem with Balotelli, is that he received preferential treatment from Mancini, which rubbed the other players up the wrong way.

The problem as I see it, is that Mancini used the 'carrot and stick' approach but unfortunately left the carrot at home.

I dont have a problem with the rollickings he gave the players, though I do believe that they should have been behind closed doors, NOT in the press.

I do believe that he did not give enough praise to the players, and particularly when a player was subbed... no eye contact or pat on the back. You need a manager whom the players would run over glass for. Unfortunately, it appears as though Mancini wasnt that man.

. We have fantastic owners,

What is fantastic about them ? their knowledge of the game, there loyalty to the people they employ, being there for every game come rain or shine.................. oops i nearly forgot about this one, putting billions of pounds into your football club 2.gif

He had a big mouth and published it!

hmmm and arguably to best center back since the premier league was formed.

More to it than that!

Well i think Vidic has been as good as him over a longer period of time but interesting when he got sold to Lazio he was done for steriods and had a lengthy ban.In 1998-1999 he was the best defender in World football.

However Fergie said "At the time he had just come back from an Achilles injury and we thought he had just lost a little bit. We got the offer from Lazio, £16.5m for a centre-back who was 29. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. But in playing terms it was a mistake.He is still playing for Ajax at a really good level."

Edited by MrRed

I think defensively City have been sound and they really don't have any primadonnas or problems there which is a plus for the new manager,it just seems that Tevez Nasri and a few others in attacking positions spit the dummy out dead easy when they are up against it....this is down to team spirit which ultimately lies with the staff and manager.

Balotelli might of been a character but his lazy style and bad attitude on the pitch where another problem.

As to Roy Keane and Mancini...............imagine if Yaya Toure had turned against the manager and add some tongue.png Ferguson the difference is there with what Fergieson did with the Legend Keano ...he got rid and the fans where 100% behind him,if Mancini had of got rid of Toure there would of been a massive problem for Mancini.

I'd agree with most of your post with the exception of your comment on Tevez. To my amazement, he came back after that incident and has given 150% on the pitch in every game he has played. Yes, he has had off days but he still gives everything and a player should be annoyed when they get subbed, especially with themselves. Don't think anybody can really ask for more.

• Like 1

What is fantastic about them ? their knowledge of the game, there loyalty to the people they employ, being there for every game come rain or shine.................. oops i nearly forgot about this one, putting billions of pounds into your football club 2.gif

Think your being a tad harsh there alfie. Our owners are loved by the supporters and that isn't just down to money they spend on players. A good proportion of the prem are owned by foreigners and you often hear people whinge about them but we are lucky with ours that they are also pumping money into the area and community.

Think your being a tad harsh there alfie. Our owners are loved by the supporters and that isn't just down to money they spend on players. A good proportion of the prem are owned by foreigners and you often hear people whinge about them but we are lucky with ours that they are also pumping money into the area and community.

I thought money would come into it somewhere !

Well of course it does. As it does in every club, it's a key ingredient for any club to survive. What point exactly are you failing attempting to make?

Well of course it does. As it does in every club, it's a key ingredient for any club to survive. What point exactly are you failing attempting to make?

Jack made the comment "fantastic owners" as though they are any different from every other owner ( after all every owner puts money into their clubs ) the ironic thing is he then goes on to say that he is not happy with Marwood and Bergiristan, so who employs these two ? who employed Hughes, who employed Mancini ? yeah great owners with not a clue about football, lets face it twenty years ago the only sport they would have known about would have been camel racing.

Edited by alfieconn

I'd agree with most of your post with the exception of your comment on Tevez. To my amazement, he came back after that incident and has given 150% on the pitch in every game he has played. Yes, he has had off days but he still gives everything and a player should be annoyed when they get subbed, especially with themselves. Don't think anybody can really ask for more.

Took the words out of my mouth MrBoj.clap2.gif

Jack made the comment "fantastic owners" as though they are any different from every other owner ( after all every owner puts money into their clubs ) the ironic thing is he then goes on to say that he is not happy with Marwood and Bergiristan, so who employs these two ? who employed Hughes, who employed Mancini ? yeah great owners with not a clue about football, lets face it twenty years ago the only sport they would have known about would have been camel racing.

Alfie, either you are acting dumb else just being naive.

In every organisation throughout the world, there are people employed by the owners who are disliked either by fellow employees or shareholders.

Our owners ARE fantastic, (do a bit of research instead of coming on with benign comments) and we are very lucky to have such owners.

Personally I do not like Marwood or Tixi......personal opinion. Doesnt mean the owners were wrong in employing themblink.png

No alfie. Jack merely said they are fantastic owners. He wasn't comparing them to any other owners, it's you who is doing that. As for who they employ. I actually like the fact that they stay out of the footballing decisions and leave that to the Chairman etc it's much better than the Abramovich style. Wouldn't you agree.

As for what the owners were doing 20 years ago. What does that matter? Joe Lewis was busy crashing the stockmarket at about that time wasn't he. wink.png

On a final note. It wasn't our current owners who employed Hughes. It was Shiniwatra who brought him in but Mubarak at least gave him a chance and he had 1.5 years.

Has he sorted out his driving license yet MrB?

Has he sorted out his driving license yet MrB?

biggrin.png

Hey Carms, wasn't it you who yesterday was going on about Beckham and not caring what he does off the pitch? As long as Tevez does it on the pitch, I'm not bothered about his driving licence.

It's just that you are preaching on as though they are any different from most other owners, nearly all clubs do something something for the community, well that just makes all them owners fantastic i suppose, hears one for Norwich http://www.fitc.org.uk/ yeah fantastic owners at Norwich yeah yeah yeah, stop dreaming, your owners are no different from most other owners just that they have more money so they can make a bigger impact.

It's just that you are preaching on as though they are any different from most other owners, nearly all clubs do something something for the community, well that just makes all them owners fantastic i suppose, hears one for Norwich http://www.fitc.org.uk/ yeah fantastic owners at Norwich yeah yeah yeah, stop dreaming, your owners are no different from most other owners just that they have more money so they can make a bigger impact.

No we are not preaching on about anything. We are just saying ours are fantastic owners. If others want to say theirs are fantastic as well, that's fine. But we believe ours are.

and Ju Jitsu thumbsup.gif

Including building fantastic state of the art youth and training facilities

• Like 1

"I was surprised... actually no, you can't say you're surprised, not with some owners today. So you can't be surprised, but I still don't think it was right."

I think someone forgot to tell him how fantastic the owners are 4.gif

He just wants to make it difficult for the new manager to win over the supporters.

Pellinguini's got a hard enough job as it is, as most City supporters expected a big name and are disappointed.

I dont think so.

He had a bond with the City fans.

He has stayed quiet since his sacking. I think its a classy thing for him to do.

As for the big name. Who do you think most City supporters want? What big name? Mourinho? Already Chelsea bound, and would in no way fit in with the 'holistic approach' that Tixi wants. Klopp? Who else? What big name?

Pellegrini, I knew little about, but having done a lot of research on him lately, it appears he is very well respected, has had big clubs after him, and seems to be well thought of by ex players alike. Maybe it will be a good fit.

But you are wrong saying City fans are disappointed as they wanted a big name.

He just wants to make it difficult for the new manager to win over the supporters.

Pellinguini's got a hard enough job as it is, as most City supporters expected a big name and are disappointed.

I dont think so.

He has stayed quiet since his sacking. I think its a classy thing for him to do.

As for the big name. Who do you think most City supporters want? What big name? Mourinho? Already Chelsea bound, and would in no way fit in with the 'holistic approach' that Tixi wants. Klopp? Who else? What big name?

Pellegrini, I knew little about, but having done a lot of research on him lately, it appears he is very well respected, has had big clubs after him, and seems to be well thought of by ex players alike. Maybe it will be a good fit.

I don't think it's classy at all, just makes it harder for the new manager.....if City start badly, I can see the banners now, it could be another Chelsea. I think a large percentage of City fans were hoping to steal Mourinho and most probably never heard of Pellinguini. But that doesn't mean he won't be good, no-one at Highbury had heard of Wenger at the time.

Why are you quoting the holistic approach, it wasn't an issue until the statement the other day?

I dont think so.

I don't think it's classy at all, just makes it harder for the new manager.....if City start badly, I can see the banners now, it could be another Chelsea. I think a large percentage of City fans were hoping to steal Mourinho and most probably never heard of Pellinguini. But that doesn't mean he won't be good, no-one at Highbury had heard of Wenger at the time.

Why are you quoting the holistic approach, it wasn't an issue until the statement the other day?

You obviously do not understand City fans!!

I can guarantee you will never see 'another Chelsea' NEVER.

We have employed some right numpties as managers in the past, the fans just get on with it, supporting the team.

I am quoting 'holistic approach', as that is what the so called aim is for the club. Therefore Mourinho would never fit in with the Spanish Amigos, that is why Barca would not employ him when they had the chance.

I would imagine most City fans has heard of Pellegrini, we are not all wet behind the earsrolleyes.gif , just that we were not expecting a management change .