Manchester City

mrbojangles

I only pop-in to this forum to see what's happening once in a while. I don't go on any other teams football forum. So I'm curious. Why do people go on the forums of teams they don't follow?

Is it because of:

A genuine interest?

Mischief?

Wind-up?

Too much time on their hands?

Other reason?

To fellow Blues. Have you seen the Pellegrini and Khaldoon (spell check) interviews on City website...well worth 30 minutes of your time.

Pellegrini charming as ever..think id probably admire him if he was manu manager.

As for Khaldoon, what an interesting articulate man who really spreads his enthusiasm to others. The future sounds very rosy indeed.

Watched part one the other day BB, gonna watch part 2 later. I like the way Khaldoon runs the club, he is always giving interviews with updates on how things are progressing but also as you point out, you can feel the enthusiasm in his voice.

I agree with you.

My old man mentioned I should watch it as he was very impressed with Khaldoon...and not too many people impress my old man.

He's very upbeat Khaldoon isn't he, I like his enthusiasm, he knows his stuff about City as well (his recall of games over the past few years was very impressive...I even got the impression he knows who's who in the U12's team), a decent guy. I don't like too much though when he gets all misty-eyed talking about the Sheik, though I appreciate that's his boss (the man who pays his bills).

I only pop-in to this forum to see what's happening once in a while. I don't go on any other teams football forum. So I'm curious. Why do people go on the forums of teams they don't follow?

Is it because of:

A genuine interest?

Mischief?

Wind-up?

Other reason?

All of the above.wai2.gif

Quote Chicog - If you are going to say "Pellegrini" then you should say "Al Mubarak".

Go on, enlighten me, I have no idea what that means, whether it's meant to be funny or serious.

Family names.

Is it because of:

A genuine interest?

Mischief?

Wind-up?

Other reason?

Correct.

I love the humour in your posts more than anything though ,so that's why I read this topic.ermm.gif

Is it because of:

A genuine interest?

Mischief?

Wind-up?

Other reason?

Dunno mate. You are the one who started the Man U decline thread.

But i'll tell you something for free. I don't like you.

smile.png

Is it because of:

A genuine interest?

Mischief?

Wind-up?

Other reason?

smile.png

I STARTED the manu in decline, which is different than going on other teams forums.

You don't like me, I'm truly gutted.

Is it because of:

A genuine interest?

Mischief?

Wind-up?

Other reason?

smile.png

I STARTED the manu in decline, which is different than going on other teams forums.

You don't like me, I'm truly gutted.

Hypocrisy, if I may say so.

wai2.gif

I think we should all spare a thought for uptheos, cos his team missed out on The Championship on fkcing penalties.

Cruel.

That's football. Mirror of life. facepalm.gif

wai2.gif

No don't spare a thought for me, they went in HT 2-0 up which every team dreams of and blew it.

I've always been critical of poor penalties on the PL threads, I'm not any different now.

Rotherham were a beaten team and they came back, full credit to them.

• Like 1

An excellent article, one that Yaya should take note of...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yaya-toure-never-measure-up-7176209

And here is the game in question............ still one of my favourite games ever. For me its probably the most importaqnt game in recent history inasmuch as this was the beginning of the present. Had we lost the game then who knows what would have happened.

As the commentator says.."City, the original soap opera"

This game, for me, typifies what being a City fan is all about.

http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=man+city+v+gillingham&ei=UTF-8&fr=chrf-yff27

Edited by JacknDanny

is that the paul dickov game? i know a lad who left the stadium when city went two - nil down and was on the way to the station when city got one back, he heard the cheers. he thought 'consolation', kept walking, then heard the second cheer a few minutes later and legged it back to the stadium to try and get back in. they didn't let him. :)

A must see. Uncanny! And when it cuts to the crowd you can see the young Sheik Mansour twirling a coat or shirt above his head; see he's always been a blue!

Uncanny indeed, I forgot you've been plundering Arsenal players all those years.

biggrin.png

I'd forgotten what a cracking game it was - so much action - thanks for posting the 2 videos (how about posting the 3rd video - with Dickov's 2-post penalty, Nicky Weaver's keystone cops chase).

What this game, the 3v2 QPR game, the 3v4 Spurs FA Cup game with 10 men, the Liverpool 3 v 3 Palace game, all show, is that if you don't give up, you keep plugging away, maybe, just maybe you'll get the lucky break to get you back in the game. Football eh, some times beautiful, some times very chuffin cruel!

• Like 1

I was home from Thailand for Christmas that 98/99 season. I remember listening to the local radio to the miserable York away result, and the victory against Wrexham (in the rain) I think it was, followed by the victory just after Boxing Day at home against Stoke. I took the girlfriend (now the wife) to the Stoke game (she'd been interested to go on previous visits home and she'd even put up with going to the freezing cold Port Vale away defeat the previous season when Kinkladze couldn't be arsed) and I remember sitting high up in the Platt Lane end, we got the victory and the feeling of belief came back to us that maybe we could kick on from this game...and we did. The play-off final I saw years later due to being in Thailand - must have been a hell of a day out!

Mr BJ and any other Blues, tell us what you can remember of the game, the trip to Wembley.

is that the paul dickov game? i know a lad who left the stadium when city went two - nil down and was on the way to the station when city got one back, he heard the cheers. he thought 'consolation', kept walking, then heard the second cheer a few minutes later and legged it back to the stadium to try and get back in. they didn't let him. smile.png

LOL!

Yep thats the one.

Dickov missed his penalty as well after extra time.... gutted he was.

I wasnt at the game, but was watching at my mates flat. When they pulled it back at 2-1, my thoughts were EXACTLY the same as when Dzeko equalised V QPR. Typical City... too little, too late. But thankfully they pulled it out of the fire both timesclap2.gif

I'd forgotten what a cracking game it was - so much action - thanks for posting the 2 videos (how about posting the 3rd video - with Dickov's 2-post penalty, Nicky Weaver's keystone cops chase).

What this game, the 3v2 QPR game, the 3v4 Spurs FA Cup game with 10 men, the Liverpool 3 v 3 Palace game, all show, is that if you don't give up, you keep plugging away, maybe, just maybe you'll get the lucky break to get you back in the game. Football eh, some times beautiful, some times very chuffin cruel!

Edited by JacknDanny

I was home from Thailand for Christmas that 98/99 season. I remember listening to the local radio to the miserable York away result, and the victory against Wrexham (in the rain) I think it was, followed by the victory just after Boxing Day at home against Stoke. I took the girlfriend (now the wife) to the Stoke game (she'd been interested to go on previous visits home and she'd even put up with going to the freezing cold Port Vale away defeat the previous season when Kinkladze couldn't be arsed) and I remember sitting high up in the Platt Lane end, we got the victory and the feeling of belief came back to us that maybe we could kick on from this game...and we did. The play-off final I saw years later due to being in Thailand - must have been a hell of a day out!

Mr BJ and any other Blues, tell us what you can remember of the game, the trip to Wembley.

A gang of 12 of us went to the match BB and were all supposed to be going on the coach. However, my mates wife had booked an holiday for them in Jamaica and got the dates slightly wrong and they had to fly out from Manchester just after midnight on that night. Coupled with the fact he had just taken delivery of his brand new M3 that week, he wanted to go in the car so he could get back quick and to give it a thrashing on the M6 of course. So 4 of us went in his car and the rest on the coach.

By the time the lads arrived who came on the coach, we were three sheets to the wind already (apart from the driver). Emotions were all over the show during the last few minutes. Loads of people were starting to leave and my mate wanted to get off to miss the traffic and ensure he got back to Manchester for his flight. No way, we were staying till the death. By the time the penalties had finished, time was ticking, he was panicking and so we had to dart straight away, leaving the ground at the same time all the Gillingham fans were leaving, whilst all the City fans were still inside Wenmbley waiting for the presentation. However, the Gills fans were all good and didn't cause us bother.

We leathered it up the motorway and my mate was lucky to only get one ticket. Easily back in time for last orders were the celebrations continued. Fantastic day and never wanted to go through those feelings again. However, being a City fan, we know only too well that they will continue to put us through that forever. The Prem title a couple of years ago being a prime example.

Not that I'll be bothering to fly back to Wembley to watch this but:-

Blue Sunday: City fans face travel misery on weekend of Community Shield as major train line set to close

THOUSANDS of Manchester City fans face travel misery on their trip to Wembley after it was revealed the main train line to the capital will be closed.

The Premiership champions are due to take on Arsenal in the season curtain raiser - the Community Shield - at the national stadium on Sunday, August 10.

However, it has now emerged there are no direct train services from Manchester to London over that weekend due to track maintenance work.

The closure between Watford and Euston is part of an £81m project and is said to have been planned months ago.

But it will cause headaches for the estimated 30,000 fans set to travel that weekend.

It leaves supporters travelling from Manchester having to go via Birmingham, Sheffield or other major cities, DOUBLING their journey time from the normal two hours to more than four.

Full story:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-fans-travelling-wembley-7196777

^ If the work is between Watford and Euston, surely trains can terminate at Watford Jnc, shuttle buses to Watford (it is walkable altho' doubt that would please the good citizens of Watford) and tube to Wembley on the Met line?