Manchester City

mrbojangles

Same here stevie. Yeah Negrados' performance slumped a bit after his injury but was still useful if we weren't bringing anybody in. This leaves us a little light up front now, with few options to cover all the comps, should one of the strikers get an injury.

Guidetti as 4th striker as loan move to Celtic was pulled once Negredo went?

Not sure if Guidetti is good enough. He went to Stoke last year on loan and hardly got any playing time. He might get a shot in the League Cup, so we'll see.

I

Same here stevie. Yeah Negrados' performance slumped a bit after his injury but was still useful if we weren't bringing anybody in. This leaves us a little light up front now, with few options to cover all the comps, should one of the strikers get an injury.

Definitely MrB, especially with Aguero's injury woes dating back awhile. Fingers crossed.

Think we're all shocked by the Negredo one! Apparently he/his family not settled in the North West (Alderley no doubt). Seems we'll make a decent profit on him. I do not understand this 'loan with obligation' business (they have to buy him), why don't they just buy him now? Anybody know. I think the reasoning is that with the other 3 strikers plus Pelle knows we can play Silva or Yaya or Nasri just behind (the Dzeko / Silva combination was very good] we can cope. Maybe he didn't impress Pelle that much.

I think all the clubs are now doing it to stay within FFP. Looks like a bit of a weasel or a loophole.

I think you're correct but how and why? I'm wondering if they feel that they're within FFP this time around so want to keep this sale deferred on the books until the next FFP period. Maybe?

United have been revealed as the club that top the table for the most lucrative crop of players in the division...with an overall squad value of £401.2m a whopping £57m more than defending champions City. Citys overall squad value was recorded as £344.15m, while Chelsea closely followed with £341.8m and Liverpool whose summer spending spree currently stands at £116m ranked third with £245.8M.Arsenal were the lowest ranked of the leagues elite with a squad value of £209.5m.

But none of that will matter to you non City/Chelsea fans on here will it...we'll still be the evil ones eh. Woow!

Why would we talk about it in a Citeh forum you dipstick?

biggrin.png

Why, because people, you in particular, are always talking about the evils of City/Chelsea spending but when Utd spend big, nothing, and you might not understand this being from the sarf, but you're always going to get banter between City and that lot from down the road. And who you calling dipstick. ..keep it civil will ya.

^Liverpool whose summer spending spree currently stands at £116m

30m net you [snipped]coffee1.gif

A copy and paste job from t"internet so if its wromg don't shoot the messenger. And who you calling [snipped]...unnecessary..keep it civil will ya. Edited by mrbojangles

I

Definitely MrB, especially with Aguero's injury woes dating back awhile. Fingers crossed.

Think we're all shocked by the Negredo one! Apparently he/his family not settled in the North West (Alderley no doubt). Seems we'll make a decent profit on him. I do not understand this 'loan with obligation' business (they have to buy him), why don't they just buy him now? Anybody know. I think the reasoning is that with the other 3 strikers plus Pelle knows we can play Silva or Yaya or Nasri just behind (the Dzeko / Silva combination was very good] we can cope. Maybe he didn't impress Pelle that much.

I think all the clubs are now doing it to stay within FFP. Looks like a bit of a weasel or a loophole.

I think you're correct but how and why? I'm wondering if they feel that they're within FFP this time around so want to keep this sale deferred on the books until the next FFP period. Maybe?

I don't know the full details MrBlue. I'm just saying what I saw on the BBC this morning.

I'm not a bean counter.

Might have to ask somebody who wields an axe, like carmine or Chicog.

City restrictions to be lifted

Manchester City will see their spending restrictions lifted by UEFA bosses after turning a transfer profit this summer.The Citizens, who spent their entire cap of £49.9m bringing in the likes of Fernando, Eliaquim Mangala and Willy Caballero, were still able to balance their books in style.Valencia agreed to pay the Premier League champions a £2m loan fee for striker Alvaro Negredo on deadline day, with a cast-iron guarantee of a further £23m to complete the purchase.City will also pick up around £4.8m in total for a similar arrangement they struck with Fiorentina for defender Micah Richards. They were also able to sell young Welsh midfielder Emyr Hughes to Wigan for £3.5m.It means City, who had previously sold Jack Rodwell, Gareth Barry and Javi Garcia for a combined £25m, will actually show a player trading profit of £9m.UEFA chiefs slapped a two-year spending cap on the Manchester outfit for breaching their Financial Fair Play rules but with the promise the second year would be lifted if they toed the line.- See more at: http://www.sportinastorm.com/mobile//Premier-League/Manchester-City/City-restrictions-to-be-lifted/X1Y47Z1800013#sthash.jz5cWAK2.dpuf

Oh Chicog!

Need to be careful with this net spend thingy or we'll have AirCon from Spurs putting his oar in.

Anybody got a net spend for the top clubs this window btw. Just interested mind, cos UNITED bought heavy and shifted crap for SFA.

Sweet fkc all or SAF, I'm not sure.

A copy and paste job from t"internet so if its wromg don't shoot the messenger. And who you calling [snipped]...unnecessary..keep it civil will ya.

<deleted> lad...you are trolling, and, if you post crap, expect to be called on it. Or, use your own intellect and knowledge,not some sensationalist crap you pick up off the internetbah.gif

A copy and paste job from t"internet so if its wromg don't shoot the messenger. And who you calling [snipped]...unnecessary..keep it civil will ya.

<deleted> lad...you are trolling, and, if you post crap, expect to be called on it. Or, use your own intellect and knowledge,not some sensationalist crap you pick up off the internetbah.gif

Relax mate. Liverpool will finish higher than City. Never mind the money.

A couple of things.

(1) Maybe we're all too busy laughing at the Moaners, who have not fixed their defensive woes and still have Darren Fletcher and Michael Carrick.

(2) Dipstick is a term of endearment. Stop being such a pansy or I shall start calling you c***.

biggrin.png

1. “a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic…”

2. Posting article from the internet about Man City on the Man City page = not trolling.

3. Post added to inform those that repeatedly bang-on about City’s spending, City’s Arab owners, City & FPP – and we all know who you are – despite City fans on here repeated requests to cease (aren’t they the ones guilty of trolling?), that City are not the big spenders you all paint us as.

4. When posting an article taken from the internet, you surely don’t expect people to check the validity of every statement therein do you. If no reason to doubt, then reasonable to post. I am not so knowledgeable about other teams as I am about Man City, for obvious reason – so if it’s stated from a reasonable source (no I don’t believe everything I read on the internet), why would I have any reason to doubt it. If someone sees something wrong with the validity of something posted, just inform don’t preach.

6. What’s with all the name calling i.e. <deleted> lad...leave it out will you, it has no place on a forum intended for a bit of fun.

lad...you are trolling, and, if you post crap, expect to be called on it. Or, use your own intellect and knowledge,not some sensationalist crap you pick up off the internetbah.gif

1. a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic

2. Posting article from the internet about Man City on the Man City page = not trolling.

3. Post added to inform those that repeatedly bang-on about Citys spending, Citys Arab owners, City & FPP and we all know who you are despite City fans on here repeated requests to cease (arent they the ones guilty of trolling?), that City are not the big spenders you all paint us as.

4. When posting an article taken from the internet, you surely dont expect people to check the validity of every statement therein do you. If no reason to doubt, then reasonable to post. I am not so knowledgeable about other teams as I am about Man City, for obvious reason so if its stated from a reasonable source (no I dont believe everything I read on the internet), why would I have any reason to doubt it. If someone sees something wrong with the validity of something posted, just inform dont preach.

6. Whats with all the name calling i.e. lad...leave it out will you, it has no place on a forum intended for a bit of fun.

Don't know why you got so upset, on checking Liverpool did spend 116m quid as reported. From the guardian

Liverpool, net spend £36m

In: Adam Lallana (Southampton, £25m), Lazar Markovic (Benfica, £20m), Emre Can (Bayer Leverkusen, £9.8m), Rickie Lambert (Southampton, £4m), Mario Balotelli (Milan, £16m), Divock Origi (Lille, £10m), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla, £12m), Dejan Lovren (Southampton, £20m), Javier Manquillo (Atlético Madrid, loan)

<deleted> lad...you are trolling, and, if you post crap, expect to be called on it. Or, use your own intellect and knowledge,not some sensationalist crap you pick up off the internet:bah:

Why is it trolling Wilai? Liverpool did spend £116m. According to this article in the Daily Fail, your net spend was £35.7m http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2739255/Transfer-deadline-day-numbers-All-stats-facts-figures-need-know.html

Yes, you did well selling but which ever way you want to slice and dice it, you still spent £116m and that is all BB put. I remember on here when Spurs sold Bale, other fans were quoting their gross spend that summer and Spurs fans were stating net spend. The table in the attached isn't ranked in net spend, it's ranked on gross. When you hear on skynews about the transfer window, they always state the £857m spent by prem clubs over the summer, they don't add the caveat "but Prem League clubs sold £466m and so net spend was £391m"

• Like 1

The silence on here from you non City/Chelsea fans over Man Us summer spending is DEAFENING!

Crap......Exactly what has this to do with Manchester City? Aimed at Man Utd with a dig at other team's supporters = Trolling. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Maybe you need to go on a Mods course Mr BJ?biggrin.png

And as for BB, he should go to the Hall and get a threesome with the nurses. Sure he'll know what I mean (altho' mine was 1 nurse and 1 physio) thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by wilai

Anybody got a net spend for the top clubs this window btw. Just interested mind, cos UNITED bought heavy and shifted crap for SFA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2739255/Transfer-deadline-day-numbers-All-stats-facts-figures-need-know.html

Excellent.

City well inside FFP cap and Chelsea in the black.

thumbsup.gif

Here we go...it's always either Kompany or Aguero we're sweating over isn't it...good job Nasty didn't move on

"Man City facing defensive crisis with Vincent Kompany sent for scan over calf injury"

The latest from Wilmots is that Vinnie escaped any major injury and may actually play in their match. Let's hope Vinnie is hurt just enough not to, but ready for City's upcoming games.thumbsup.gif