Manchester City

mrbojangles

But as I said, your chairman will go and buy anyone just to meet the criteria, even if he sticks them on the bench.

That means any English player would be up for grabs.

You're the ones that pay stupid money for players.

I agree most of them aren't worth it.

Stick to the point that YOU raised that since Sheik M took over in 2008 only one english player developed by the club has featured in the Premier to which I have countered with what home grown talent at other Premier clubs are we supposed to be in awe of, like which players?

My point is we are no different than any other team. We develop plenty of players who go on to feature for other clubs lower down but its difficult to develop talent good enough to get in the first team of international players.

So go on then answer my question and prove me wrong.

Have you even produced any English players that have gone on to play with other premier league clubs?

My point is why bother when you can go out and buy who you like and pay them what you like?

Why do you think Sagna isn't complaining about warming the bench on 100K a week?

Keep avoiding the question that I've posed then Chicog, wonder why?

But as I said, your chairman will go and buy anyone just to meet the criteria, even if he sticks them on the bench.

Stick to the point that YOU raised that since Sheik M took over in 2008 only one english player developed by the club has featured in the Premier to which I have countered with what home grown talent at other Premier clubs are we supposed to be in awe of, like which players?

My point is we are no different than any other team. We develop plenty of players who go on to feature for other clubs lower down but its difficult to develop talent good enough to get in the first team of international players.

Have you even produced any English players that have gone on to play with other premier league clubs?

My point is why bother when you can go out and buy who you like and pay them what you like?

Why do you think Sagna isn't complaining about warming the bench on 100K a week?

The players we've produced that sprung instantly to mind: Ireland and Whelan (both Irish sorry), Sturridge, Trippier and Mee.

BB, if we just look at the England starting 11 last night, there isn't a single prem club who can claim to be a centre of excellence for developing home grown talent.

01 Hart - City since he was 19 and Shrewsbury before that

02 Clyne - Southampton for 2 years and developed at Palace

05 Cahill - Chelsea but developed at Villa

06 Jones - Man U but developed at Blackburn

03 Baines - Everton but developed at Wigan

04 Henderson - Liverpool but developed at Sunderland

08 Carrick - Man U but developed at West Ham and Spurs

11 Delph - Villa but developed at Leeds

07 Sterling - Liverpool but could be argued QPR developed him.

10 Rooney - Man U but developed at Everton

09 Welbeck - Arsenal but developed at Man U

Taking this one step further, aside from Hart, there's only in my opinion, Baines, Sterling, Cahill and Rooney that would hold down a 1st team position in City or Chelsea teams currently, which means most English internationals are not good enough therefore necessary to buy in if you want to challenge for trophies, which is what all the top Premier teams do.

The players we've produced that sprung instantly to mind: Ireland and Whelan (both Irish sorry), Sturridge, Trippier and Mee.

Hmmm...so Sturridge was a City product yet Sterling was QPR? Ok, have your cake and eat it thenthumbsup.gif

Born in Birmingham,[1] Sturridge began his playing career at the age of 6 at local club Cadbury Athletic, before being spotted at the age of seven by the youth academy of Aston Villa.[3] He left Villa four years later to move to Coventry City, from where he joined Manchester City's Academy in 2003, aged 13.[3][4] A Football League committee later ordered Manchester City to pay Coventry £30,000 compensation, with further payments up to a maximum of £200,000 based upon appearances and international honours.

Hmmm...so Sturridge was a City product yet Sterling was QPR? Ok, have your cake and eat it thenthumbsup.gif

Born in Birmingham,[1] Sturridge began his playing career at the age of 6 at local club Cadbury Athletic, before being spotted at the age of seven by the youth academy of Aston Villa.[3] He left Villa four years later to move to Coventry City, from where he joined Manchester City's Academy in 2003, aged 13.[3][4] A Football League committee later ordered Manchester City to pay Coventry £30,000 compensation, with further payments up to a maximum of £200,000 based upon appearances and international honours.

You all seem to be pushing an agenda that City don't develop players only buy them. My point was City develop players just like every club but few developed players are better/good enough to get in the team as all top teams buy proven internationals - we're no better or worse than the other top 6 clubs - also, what is the definition of a player developed by a club as shown by virtually every player mentioned on these pages.

What is it with you and quoting?

You seem to be garbling most posts.

Arsenal have a fairly good record producing Premier League players - just not for us, it's really Gibbs, Wilshere, Chezza.

But there is some great talent knocking at the door, I think Zelalem is going to be something special.

Until City tap him up and offer him silly money, that is.

Arsenal have a fairly good record producing Premier League players - just not for us, it's really Gibbs, Wilshere, Chezza.

But there is some great talent knocking at the door, I think Zelalem is going to be something special.

Garbling eh, bit rich coming from you.

So after a day on this it appears despite knocking our ability to produce players to play in our 1st team, the only player mentioned as an example of an excellent player who came through the ranks and capable of holding down a position at the very top is Sterling; clearly all teams are doing the same, developing decent players but HAVING to buy in the very best players.

And if you could be bothered you'd find that, according to the Independent (Oct 2014),

"Arsenal appears to have the best academy in England - both in terms of producing the best talent and for giving club-trained players a chance in the first team. The London clubs first team has had 32.3 per cent of its appearances this season from club-trained players and also has the highest number of players playing for top division teams across Europe compared to other academies in England, with 36."

As for City's talent, Rekik has played for Holland and is doing very well over there, Lopes looks the most likely and is doing well at Lille, Denayer and Guidetti are doing well at Celtic. Then there's Angus Gunn (Brynn's kid) I reckon will make it, Bossaerts, Brandon Barker heavily tipped, Devante Cole (Andrew's kid), Pozo who's played for the first team. All that said though, just like any other club, most those lads will fall short of their potential but hopefully one or two might make it in to the first team (my money is on Marcos Lopes at Lille who's talented with a great attitude).

So after a day on this it appears despite knocking our ability to produce players to play in our 1st team, the only player mentioned as an example of an excellent player who came through the ranks and capable of holding down a position at the very top is Sterling; clearly all teams are doing the same, developing decent players but HAVING to buy in the very best players.

That bears no relation to what I said at all.

I named three internationals that we've produced through the youth team.

There have been others that play international football, but not for what you call the "big" countries.

And countless others playing in the Premier League.

Face it Blue, all you do is buy (and f-xx up quoting w00t.gif )

That bears no relation to what I said at all.

I named three internationals that we've produced through the youth team.

There have been others that play international football, but not for what you call the "big" countries.

And countless others playing in the Premier League.

Face it Blue, all you do is buy (and f-xx up quoting w00t.gif )

You seem to know a little about your youth team presumably knowing a couple of players names and should therefore should know a little about the UEFA Youth competition and know that England's best representatives the past few years have been Arse..Chelsea..City..and that's a clear sign of who currently has the best development lads, however my point is that that doesn't mean those lads will make it and that their clubs don't develop talent, and clearly clubs with less money will put lesser talented players in their 1st team than teams with more money who can buy better than they develop themselves, it's simple ecomonics isn't it. Wise up man!

Serious question: Does your post 15636 look readable to you?

Because I see a load of unwanted headers that shouldn't be there.

Serious answer: YES

Anyone else see a load of stuff in that post that shouldn't there?

Takeways for you for the next few weeks MrBo. Apparently the bad guys are looking for whitey in Saudi restaurants.

blink.png

I'm in Thailand now Chicog. Don't go out and eat in restaurants anyway. I stay on compound most of the time as we have everything you'd need thumbsup.gif

Fair play to the Arse, looked really good earlier spanking those scoucers and looking more like trailing Chelsea over the finish line than we are currently.

Wouldn't surprise me if the season finished as the table currently stands.

Fair play to the Arse, looked really good earlier spanking those scoucers and looking more like trailing Chelsea over the finish line than we are currently.

Wouldn't surprise me if the season finished as the table currently stands.

Could definitely be. On the positive side, the top 4 have separated themselves from the rest. So, CL qualification seems assured barring a monumental collapse (or the EPL being cut back to 3).

Could we see a complete turnaround from City this late in the season ? I'm hoping the off week gave Pellegrini and the players an opportunity to get their head's straight for a title run. Not likely I suppose but you never know. Chelsea is essentially treading water at this point and with a couple of missteps by them the title could still be up for grabs.

Chelsea is essentially treading water at this point and with a couple of missteps by them the title could still be up for grabs.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

must be a good jolly that u are on,please pass it around

strike me pink, if c/sea are treading water. then m/city,must be drowning

C/SEA EPL FORM...last 10 matches..7wins ..3 draws

24 points..out of a possible... 30

if thats treading water,e/s is a monkeys unclesmile.png please get a grip of yourself

Chelsea is essentially treading water at this point and with a couple of missteps by them the title could still be up for grabs.

if thats treading water,e/s is a monkeys unclesmile.png please get a grip of yourself

This turdcutter is sure to be a member of the P45 Chav butt lickin' family tree.

• Like 1

I think Jellydogs point was that we've been so poor and yet Chelsea still haven't finished it off, hence treading water.

• Like 2