Manchester City

mrbojangles

Looks like you're punching above your weight.....

biggrin.png

Premier League clubs financial figures for 2013/14 (2012/13 in brackets), in order of wage bills, all sums in £ sterling.

Manchester United: wages 215.8m (180.5m); turnover 433.2m (363.1m); wages to turnover ratio 50 per cent (50 per cent); profit after tax 23.8m (146.4m).

Manchester City: wages 205m (233.1m); turnover 346.5m (271m); wages to turnover ratio 59 per cent (86 per cent); loss after tax -22.9m (-51.6m loss).

Chelsea: wages 192.7m (172.6m); turnover 319.8m (255.8); wages to turnover ratio 60 per cent (67 per cent); profit after tax 18.4m (-49.4m loss).

Arsenal: wages 166.4m (154.5m); turnover 298.7m (242.8m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (64 per cent); profit after tax 7.3m (5.8m).

Liverpool: wages 144m (131m); turnover 256m (206m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (63 per cent); profit after tax 0.4m (-49.9m loss).

Tottenham: wages 100.4m (96.1m); turnover 180.5m (147.4m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (65 per cent); profit after tax 65.3m (1.5m).

Thanks to Chicog for posting and his cryptic comment. Figures for ALL the Premier teams are at:

http://www.squawka.com/news/premier-league-wage-breakdown-man-utd-have-the-biggest-bill/360001

Edited by Bredbury Blue

No shopping for you MrBo....

The Saudi Interior Ministry spokesman Major General Mansour al-Turki said in a statement today that Saudi security forces would be taking precautionary measures to protect against an attempt by militants to target sites such as malls and oil facilities. The U.S. Embassy is in touch with the Saudi authorities and is monitoring the situation.

biggrin.png

Premier League clubs financial figures for 2013/14 (2012/13 in brackets), in order of wage bills, all sums in £ sterling.

Manchester United: wages 215.8m (180.5m); turnover 433.2m (363.1m); wages to turnover ratio 50 per cent (50 per cent); profit after tax 23.8m (146.4m).

Manchester City: wages 205m (233.1m); turnover 346.5m (271m); wages to turnover ratio 59 per cent (86 per cent); loss after tax -22.9m (-51.6m loss).

Chelsea: wages 192.7m (172.6m); turnover 319.8m (255.8); wages to turnover ratio 60 per cent (67 per cent); profit after tax 18.4m (-49.4m loss).

Arsenal: wages 166.4m (154.5m); turnover 298.7m (242.8m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (64 per cent); profit after tax 7.3m (5.8m).

Liverpool: wages 144m (131m); turnover 256m (206m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (63 per cent); profit after tax 0.4m (-49.9m loss).

Tottenham: wages 100.4m (96.1m); turnover 180.5m (147.4m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (65 per cent); profit after tax 65.3m (1.5m).

Thanks to Chicog for posting and his cryptic comment. Figures for ALL the Premier teams are at:

http://www.squawka.com/news/premier-league-wage-breakdown-man-utd-have-the-biggest-bill/360001

Have to admit BB i do prefer this thread when Chicogs on it!! biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Have to admit BB i do prefer this thread when Chicogs on it!! biggrin.png

I also have no problem, when he 'joins in'. I also had less of a problem with P45mustang, but it seems some did.

What do you mean by "join in?' Is that discussing what you want to discuss and nothing else? Fair question methinks.

btw, it seems Carlo Ancelotti wants away from real Madrid in the summer. He's tailor made for you. Clop too but i'd trust Ancelotti more in the rebuilding of your squad.

• Like 1

What do you mean by "join in?' Is that discussing what you want to discuss and nothing else? Fair question methinks.

btw, it seems Carlo Ancelotti wants away from real Madrid in the summer. He's tailor made for you. Clop too but i'd trust Ancelotti more in the rebuilding of your squad.

I'm pretty sure they've already done a deal with "Klippety".

biggrin.png

The Saudi Interior Ministry spokesman Major General Mansour al-Turki said in a statement today that Saudi security forces would be taking precautionary measures to protect against an attempt by militants to target sites such as malls and oil facilities. The U.S. Embassy is in touch with the Saudi authorities and is monitoring the situation.

Yeah heard about it Chicog. They've stepped up security in the Malls for a couple of weeks now. No skin off my noise if I can't go shopping biggrin.png

That is a fair question. Joining in doesnot mean discussing what i want to discuss and nothing else, he or anybody else is/are welcome to instigate discussions on Man City. By joining in I meant more related to attitude. Some non-City fans come on here and contribute in decent discussions with their point of view (I.e. join in), others come on here and just want to "stir up" City fans at every opportunity; believe this website would classify them as flamers.

Yeah heard about it Chicog. They've stepped up security in the Malls for a couple of weeks now. No skin off my noise if I can't go shopping biggrin.png

Well at least it's not stopping you going down the pub.

cheesy.gif

I dont know whether its wishful thinking, but I think Guardiola will almost certainly be the next City manager.

From what I read last year as well as this and admittedly reading between the lines, I think a dal has already been agreed in principal once his contract expires with Bayern.

I believe that Pelle will stay in charge next season, unless we fail to qualify for Europe, and then the season after next Pep will come.

I wouldnt be upset with Kloppetty. I prefer a Mancini/Klopp approach on the sidelines rather than a cool Pellegrini/Ancelotti.

Whoever it is, hopefully they wont be managing Yaya...... 3 days on the bounce now newspapers quoting him and/or his knob head agent. Stiring the pot again. I just want shot of him, I really do

I dont know whether its wishful thinking, but I think Guardiola will almost certainly be the next City manager.

From what I read last year as well as this and admittedly reading between the lines, I think a dal has already been agreed in principal once his contract expires with Bayern.

I believe that Pelle will stay in charge next season, unless we fail to qualify for Europe, and then the season after next Pep will come.

I wouldnt be upset with Kloppetty. I prefer a Mancini/Klopp approach on the sidelines rather than a cool Pellegrini/Ancelotti.

Whoever it is, hopefully they wont be managing Yaya...... 3 days on the bounce now newspapers quoting him and/or his knob head agent. Stiring the pot again. I just want shot of him, I really do

I think it's a bit blurred in-between those lines...Guardilola might welll end up in Italia next, somewhere like Juventus.

I think it's a bit blurred in-between those lines...Guardilola might welll end up in Italia next, somewhere like Juventus.

Really?

I beg to differ. He has conquered Spain, Germany. I would have thought the natural progression would be the Premiership. Italy??? No chance in my mind.

I just think his previous relationship with the City boys and Citys obsession with being Barcelona MK 2, mean that City will pull out all the stops to get him.

Arsenal could be another option for him as Wenger winds down, or even United when next season proves a false dawn for Van Gaal

I think last year most of us wouldn't have minded if he had left but after his lacklustre performances this year, I think most of us want shut of him.

• Like 1

Really?

I beg to differ. He has conquered Spain, Germany. I would have thought the natural progression would be the Premiership. Italy??? No chance in my mind.

I just think his previous relationship with the City boys and Citys obsession with being Barcelona MK 2, mean that City will pull out all the stops to get him.

Arsenal could be another option for him as Wenger winds down, or even United when next season proves a false dawn for Van Gaal

If City want to become the Premier League's equivalent of Barcelona,perhaps they should also adopt their managerial policy of employing from within the club. When Viera's name is mentioned, all the football sages throw their arms aloft and say that he hasn't the experience of managing a top club. Well,neither did Rijkaard or Guardiola when they took over at Barcelona, and Enrique is making a decent fist of his tenure. Managing a football club is the most overrated job there is.

Really?

If City want to become the Premier League's equivalent of Barcelona,perhaps they should also adopt their managerial policy of employing from within the club. When Viera's name is mentioned, all the football sages throw their arms aloft and say that he hasn't the experience of managing a top club. Well,neither did Rijkaard or Guardiola when they took over at Barcelona, and Enrique is making a decent fist of his tenure. Managing a football club is the most overrated job there is.

it really isn't. they all just happened to be really good at it. you can reel off dozens and dozens more ex-football players who have made a total pig's ear of the managerial jobs they've taken.

plus semantics perhaps but rijkaard had actually managed the dutch national team and sparta rotterdam before barca so it wasn't like he was entirely green.

I'd add to this that Rijkaard built the foundations of that great Barca side that Pep fine tuned. Frank Rijkaard doesn't seem to get the credit he deserved.

Add to that the work put in by the late Tito Villanova who many seem to consider was as responsible for Barca's success as Pep.

Actually i'm still waiting to see Pep build a new side to confirm to me he's as good as you all think he is. And conquering Germany with that Bayern side is something that even P45Mustang could do.

Edited by carmine

Really?

Italy was good enough for the likes of Jose and Ancelotti. Managing a team with the history and prestige of Juve would surely rate higher than many teams, it would have be on his list at some point.

Edited by BangrakBob

guardiola also played in italy for roma and brescia (i think?) so obviously quite likes the place.

Better climate, great food, less pressure from the media, what's not to like.

Only the fastest managerial sackings in europe. Its become ludicrous in Italy.

guardiola also played in italy for roma and brescia (i think?) so obviously quite likes the place.

not so sure bout the less pressure from the media bit.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But do they do good gravy. Us northern lads love gravy smile.png

i can't quite picture pep guardiola with a manchester evening news full of chips, gravy and curry sauce to be honest. gorgeous though it is like.

• Like 2

But do they do good gravy. Us northern lads love gravy smile.png

i can't quite picture pep guardiola with a manchester evening news full of chips, gravy and curry sauce to be honest. gorgeous though it is like.

Does anybody have gravy AND curry sauce?

Can't imagine Pep being a Holland's steak pudding lover, probably more of a cheese n onion man.