Manchester City

mrbojangles

Several years ago I had a few Japanese over on business. When in Japan, I ate every type of Japanese food they could dish up. So when in the UK amongst other things, I took them to my local chippie. We all got Steak and Kidney Pudding, Chips, Gravy and HP brown sauce. They quite liked the pudding, chips and gravy but in particular they loved the HP brown sauce. So much so, that the next day we had to stop off at an Asda so they could buy a dozen bottles to take back to Japan.

• Like 1

Several years ago I had a few Japanese over on business. When in Japan, I ate every type of Japanese food they could dish up. So when in the UK amongst other things, I took them to my local chippie. We all got Steak and Kidney Pudding, Chips, Gravy and HP brown sauce. They quite liked the pudding, chips and gravy but in particular they loved the HP brown sauce. So much so, that the next day we had to stop off at an Asda so they could buy a dozen bottles to take back to Japan.

Now that I would have liked to have seen.

As HP sauce, piccalilli, etc are not easy to find here in Thailand and often are out of stock for months, the wife bless her stocks up several bottles or jars at a time. She got several hp bottles a year back from Villa or somewhere, I opened one and it was an awful taste (read hp manufacturers may have changed the recipe). We now only trust hp bottles bought in the uk.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Now that I would have liked to have seen.

As HP sauce, piccalilli, etc are not easy to find here in Thailand and often are out of stock for months, the wife bless her stocks up several bottles or jars at a time. She got several hp bottles a year back from Villa or somewhere, I opened one and it was an awful taste (read hp manufacturers may have changed the recipe). We now only trust hp bottles bought in the uk.

a new bakery just opened in my village doing freshly-baked croissants, pain au chocolat, baguettes and all sorts of other lovely things every morning. went in there at lunch to get a couple of loaves and there on the shelves were bottles and bottles of HP, jars of piccalilli, pickled red cabbage, chutneys, the lot. i am going to be spending a lot of money there.

Pellegrini will again be without Vincent Kompany for Aston Villas visit on Saturday evening because of injury. The captain is one of a quartet of players who is ruled out. We have injured Kompany, [Gaël] Clichy, [samir] Nasri and Stevan Jovetic. David [silva] and [James] Milner worked the whole week without any problems. Kun [Agüero] also worked. Good news!

Are you blues familiar with/receiving: MAN CITY INFO VIA THE ALPS "McVittee! e-newsletter (and website)...it's a free read in to your Inbox. Well worth subscribing to.

Created in 1994, MCIVTA is the longest running unofficial Manchester City related web site and e-newsletter in existence.

Subscriptions (Madeleine Hawkins): [email protected]

Yes we did get away with it there, Benteke was fractionally onside so it could have been a pen and a sending off, similar to the blatant penalty and sending off for the pulldown earlier of Aguero that wasn't given. We weren't good again today, Villa were quite impressive apart from the comical defending.

Got away with it there. The Villans should have had a penalty for 3-2 and Hart red carded.

w00t.gif

Your team better turn up for the party on May 30, the Sherminators will be in da' house

Edited by BangrakBob

Got away with it there. The Villans should have had a penalty for 3-2 and Hart red carded.

w00t.gif

Your team better turn up for the party on May 30, the Sherminators will be in da' house

They're a far better team than they were before Agent Tim arrived, that's for sure.

• Like 1

w00t.gif

Poor reffing allowed Villa to stay in the game in the first place. If he'd have given the penalty on Aguero it would have been game, set and match. That being said, I was thankful he and the lino made another error.

w00t.gif

Poor reffing allowed Villa to stay in the game in the first place. If he'd have given the penalty on Aguero it would have been game, set and match. That being said, I was thankful he and the lino made another error.

Does Guzman remind you of an overgrown MiniMe?

w00t.gif

Does Guzman remind you of an overgrown MiniMe?

Now you come to mention it

post-19542-0-14423800-1430052016_thumb.j

Speaking to some Saudi's at work yesterday and they said it's games like the City V Villa game is the reason they love the EPL so much.

Glad somebody loved it.

It was quite an exciting game for the neutral.

Six from City in Rich List

Manchester City have six players in the top 20 richest young sports stars in Britain and Ireland.

In a list of under-30s dominated by 14 footballers, only four of which are British or Irish, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Edin Dzeko, Samir Nasri, Vincent Kompany and James Milner boast a combined fortune of £110millon.According to The Times Rich List 2015, Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney is officially the wealthiest footballer and worth £72m, second across all sports only to F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton.Two of Citys internationals, Aguero and Silva, come in at joint-sixth on the list, worth £26m each, before Chelsea and Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas in eighth place, owning £23m.Real Madrid and Wales star Gareth Bale sits ninth on the list, worth £21m, with on-loan Manchester United forward Radamel Falcao below him in 10th, with £20m.Another City pair, Bosnia and Herzegovina striker Edin Dzeko and Frances Samir Nasri, come in at joint-12th, worth £17m, while England pair Theo Walcott and Ashley Young, of Arsenal and Manchester United respectively, are joint-14th and worth £13m each.PFA Player of the Year Eden Hazard, Vincent Kompany, James Milner and Mesut Ozil round off the top 20 and own £12m each.The plethora of Manchester City players comes as little surprise, with the club second only to Manchester United in terms of their annual wage bill, spending over £200m a year.Not a single female made the richest sportspeople list, and not a single female makes the richest young sportspeople top 20 either.1. Lewis Hamilton: £88m2. Wayne Rooney: £72m3. Andy Murray: £48m4. Luol Deng: £40m5. Rory McIlroy: £38m6= Sergio Aguero: £26m6= David Silva: £26m8. Cesc Fabregas: £23m9. Gareth Bale: £21m10. Radamel Falcao: £20m11. Amir Khan: £18m12= Edin Dzeko: £17m12= Samir Nasri: £17m14=Theo Walcott: £13m14=Ashley Young: £13m16= Eden Hazard: £12m16= Vincent Kompany: £12m16= James Milner: £12m16= Mesut Ozil: £12m

Couldn't help but wonder how Ashley Young got so rich...average talent. Fergie must have signed him up on a mega deal...he's clearly worth every penny of it.

No shopping for you MrBo....

The Saudi Interior Ministry spokesman Major General Mansour al-Turki said in a statement today that Saudi security forces would be taking precautionary measures to protect against an attempt by militants to target sites such as malls and oil facilities. The U.S. Embassy is in touch with the Saudi authorities and is monitoring the situation.

Yeah heard about it Chicog. They've stepped up security in the Malls for a couple of weeks now. No skin off my noise if I can't go shopping biggrin.png

The army found 7 car bombs almost finished in North Riyadh last week, destined for malls care of IS apparently rolleyes.gif

Six from City in Rich List

Manchester City have six players in the top 20 richest young sports stars in Britain and Ireland.

In a list of under-30s dominated by 14 footballers, only four of which are British or Irish, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Edin Dzeko, Samir Nasri, Vincent Kompany and James Milner boast a combined fortune of £110millon.According to The Times Rich List 2015, Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney is officially the wealthiest footballer and worth £72m, second across all sports only to F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton.Two of Citys internationals, Aguero and Silva, come in at joint-sixth on the list, worth £26m each, before Chelsea and Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas in eighth place, owning £23m.Real Madrid and Wales star Gareth Bale sits ninth on the list, worth £21m, with on-loan Manchester United forward Radamel Falcao below him in 10th, with £20m.Another City pair, Bosnia and Herzegovina striker Edin Dzeko and Frances Samir Nasri, come in at joint-12th, worth £17m, while England pair Theo Walcott and Ashley Young, of Arsenal and Manchester United respectively, are joint-14th and worth £13m each.PFA Player of the Year Eden Hazard, Vincent Kompany, James Milner and Mesut Ozil round off the top 20 and own £12m each.The plethora of Manchester City players comes as little surprise, with the club second only to Manchester United in terms of their annual wage bill, spending over £200m a year.Not a single female made the richest sportspeople list, and not a single female makes the richest young sportspeople top 20 either.1. Lewis Hamilton: £88m2. Wayne Rooney: £72m3. Andy Murray: £48m4. Luol Deng: £40m5. Rory McIlroy: £38m6= Sergio Aguero: £26m6= David Silva: £26m8. Cesc Fabregas: £23m9. Gareth Bale: £21m10. Radamel Falcao: £20m11. Amir Khan: £18m12= Edin Dzeko: £17m12= Samir Nasri: £17m14=Theo Walcott: £13m14=Ashley Young: £13m16= Eden Hazard: £12m16= Vincent Kompany: £12m16= James Milner: £12m16= Mesut Ozil: £12m

Couldn't help but wonder how Ashley Young got so rich...average talent. Fergie must have signed him up on a mega deal...he's clearly worth every penny of it.

'ey you left out our Stevie lad, 42M thumbsup.gif