Manchester City

mrbojangles

Speaking to some Saudi's at work yesterday and they said it's games like the City V Villa game is the reason they love the EPL so much.

Glad somebody loved it.

It was quite an exciting game for the neutral.

Yeah I wasn't loving it at the time but I can see why a football loving neutral found it enjoyable.

Where did you hear that Bob? Reliable source?

It wasn't Ali-Flip-Flop selling water melons out the back his truck...Local whose father is career military.

Cheers Bob. I hadn't heard anything about that.

no worries. I hadn't neither. Chicog made me wonder myself but I've just read this...

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-arabia/riyadh-foils-terror-plot-seizes-bombs-1.1498280

Six from City in Rich List

Manchester City have six players in the top 20 richest young sports stars in Britain and Ireland.

In a list of under-30s dominated by 14 footballers, only four of which are British or Irish, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Edin Dzeko, Samir Nasri, Vincent Kompany and James Milner boast a combined fortune of £110millon.According to The Times Rich List 2015, Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney is officially the wealthiest footballer and worth £72m, second across all sports only to F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton.Two of Citys internationals, Aguero and Silva, come in at joint-sixth on the list, worth £26m each, before Chelsea and Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas in eighth place, owning £23m.Real Madrid and Wales star Gareth Bale sits ninth on the list, worth £21m, with on-loan Manchester United forward Radamel Falcao below him in 10th, with £20m.Another City pair, Bosnia and Herzegovina striker Edin Dzeko and Frances Samir Nasri, come in at joint-12th, worth £17m, while England pair Theo Walcott and Ashley Young, of Arsenal and Manchester United respectively, are joint-14th and worth £13m each.PFA Player of the Year Eden Hazard, Vincent Kompany, James Milner and Mesut Ozil round off the top 20 and own £12m each.The plethora of Manchester City players comes as little surprise, with the club second only to Manchester United in terms of their annual wage bill, spending over £200m a year.Not a single female made the richest sportspeople list, and not a single female makes the richest young sportspeople top 20 either.1. Lewis Hamilton: £88m2. Wayne Rooney: £72m3. Andy Murray: £48m4. Luol Deng: £40m5. Rory McIlroy: £38m6= Sergio Aguero: £26m6= David Silva: £26m8. Cesc Fabregas: £23m9. Gareth Bale: £21m10. Radamel Falcao: £20m11. Amir Khan: £18m12= Edin Dzeko: £17m12= Samir Nasri: £17m14=Theo Walcott: £13m14=Ashley Young: £13m16= Eden Hazard: £12m16= Vincent Kompany: £12m16= James Milner: £12m16= Mesut Ozil: £12m

Couldn't help but wonder how Ashley Young got so rich...average talent. Fergie must have signed him up on a mega deal...he's clearly worth every penny of it.

'ey you left out our Stevie lad, 42M thumbsup.gif

List of U30s.

Plenty of fight and grit today.

Everybody running and chasing, regardless of the result, thats what I want to see.

We have the class with Sergio and Silva, but we need to show the battle, which we did today.

Best game Kolarov has had for ages. Proved today that we dont need Yaya in order to win, in fact had he played today instead of Fernando or Fernandhino, I dont think we would have won. We needed 11 committed players today, which we got.

5 points in front of the Rags..... Nice!!

• Like 2

Agreed. Commitment far better today. Moved the ball better. Good challenges. Created well down the flanks. Brilliant goal from Hart.. Silva and Aguero. Hart kept us in it just before halftime. Spurs were wasteful. Enjoyed that...haven't said that too many times this season.

Congrats to chelsea. ..best team, deserved it.

Plenty of fight and grit today.

Everybody running and chasing, regardless of the result, thats what I want to see.

We have the class with Sergio and Silva, but we need to show the battle, which we did today.

Best game Kolarov has had for ages. Proved today that we dont need Yaya in order to win, in fact had he played today instead of Fernando or Fernandhino, I dont think we would have won. We needed 11 committed players today, which we got.

5 points in front of the Rags..... Nice!!

Couldn't agree more jack. For a change (and I don't know if Yaya missing was a reason) every one of them wanted that win. Like you and BB say, we just want commitment and today we got that. Spurs are hard to beat at their gaff so although it wasn't at all convincing, it was gritty.

Agüero has now scored 28 goals in 30 games this season. In his time in England he (plus Suarez) probably has been the standout forward. Yet still he's not deemed good enough for the Premier team of the Season...very strange.

Mate get used to it, it is southern media jealousy against the north, he would be my first pick he is that good.

nev, wasn't it voted for by the players? assuming you mean the PFA one?

Agüero has now scored 28 goals in 30 games this season. In his time in England he (plus Suarez) probably has been the standout forward. Yet still he's not deemed good enough for the Premier team of the Season...very strange.

Mate get used to it, it is southern media jealousy against the north, he would be my first pick he is that good.

The players for the PFA one are selected in January. Wasn't he injured a lot in the first half of the season?

If so, it's understandable.

The players for the PFA one are selected in January. Wasn't he injured a lot in the first half of the season?

If so, it's understandable.

Yep he was injured in about December so that's plausible.

Speaking of great goalscorers, sad to hear of Greavsie's current plight (doesn't he hold the record of most goals in the top tier), and I was reading the article on bbc about messi +400 goals for Barca and he's still only 27...UN BE LIEV ABLE!!!:

From numerous sources "It's 90% certain he'll leave Manchester City this summer," Toure's agent, Dimitri Seluk has said.

Right-ee-o Yaya. Off you pop lad. Fed up of him and his agent, so hope he goes and we get some money back.

And don't forget the birthday cake you don't want to upset him again.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-opinion-david-silvas-9203694 last paragraph: "In terms of consistent performance (SILVA) has been THE best midfielder in the Premier League for the last five seasons, and PFA members should hang their heads in shame" (for only including him once).

Does anybody disagree? If you do, who has been best midfielder past 5 seasons?

• Like 1

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-opinion-david-silvas-9203694 last paragraph: "In terms of consistent performance (SILVA) has been THE best midfielder in the Premier League for the last five seasons, and PFA members should hang their heads in shame" (for only including him once).

Couldn't agree more BB. It's bladdy scandalous.

Silva hasn't received enough credit and neither has Aguero. Maybe they both ought to mouth off more, get a Mohawk or take up smoking.coffee1.gif

Who says there's only been one?

Who says there's only been one?

If you mean "one" in relation to Silva, I.e. his one inclusion into the PFA team, it was in 2011-12.

If you mean "one" in relation to the question I asked of "who has been best midfielder in the past 5 seasons", the question is pretty clear, i.e. which midfield player.

I do agree and think Silva is bloody great but, to say that Mata and especially Carrick, are not fit to lace his boots, is journalism at its silliest.

redrus

• Like 1

I do agree and think Silva is bloody great but, to say that Mata and especially Carrick, are not fit to lace his boots, is journalism at its silliest.

redrus

I would agree with you on Carrick and especially Mata. And you know as well as I do the quality of M.E.N. journalists...bobbins!

• Like 1

redrus

I would agree with you on Carrick and especially Mata. And you know as well as I do the quality of M.E.N. journalists...bobbins!

Article: "In those five campaigns, the footballers of the Premier League have cast some strange votes Nani, Samir Nasri, Jack Wilshere, Scott Parker, Juan Mata, Michael Carrick, Adam Lallana, Steven Gerrard and Philippe Coutinho.To be frank, none of them has been fit to lace Silvas boots over the past five years. He has been Citys most consistent performer, the man who makes the Blues tick, gives them a cutting edge."