Manchester City

mrbojangles

B. I doubt that an Insurance pay-out would come close to what a Premier League player could earn over a career taking into consideration signing on fee's,wages etc.

I'm sure it would be as big as you want it to be as long as you're prepared to pay the premium.

B. I doubt that an Insurance pay-out would come close to what a Premier League player could earn over a career taking into consideration signing on fee's,wages etc.

I'm sure it would be as big as you want it to be as long as you're prepared to pay the premium.

Yes thats kind of what i was thinking. Just like any other decision making process when taking out an insurance policy, it all depends on how comprehensive you wish it to be.

Mind you, when the likes of Raheem Sterling taking career advice off the likes of Aidy ward, Lord alone knows what he's been told to do.biggrin.png

^ You know why, surely? Read your own postsbiggrin.png

Disappointing but predictable from Pelle.

Errr....they played ,Man U on 23rdfacepalm.gif

City’s Elite Development Squad completed their season style with a 3-1 win in the under-21 Manchester derby at the Academy Stadium.

My earlier post was "Hoping This Charming Man might introduce a few of the youngsters on Sunday. ..Angelino, Brandon Barker, Jack Byrne, Pozo or the most obvious one, Inheanacho...for some minutes or on the bench".

Angelino, Barker & Iheanacho played the full game against ManU. Byrne and Pozo were both subbed. Without checking their ages, they're U21 but likely to be 19ish. You trying to tell me that those young lads couldn't have done minutes on the pitch even after having played ManU EDS - nobody was expecting them to play the full game, but a 'gesture to youth by Pelle would have gone down well.

City's Subs against Soton were: (GK) Caballero, (Def) Sagna, Kompany, (MF) - , (Fwds) Dzeko, Bony, Navas & Jovetic.

So by my reckoning we could have had at least Angelino (LB) and Iheanacho (Fwd) on the bench - probably instead of Sagna and Dzeko/Jovetic. It was an ideal opportunity to blood a player or two instead of players who might not even be with us next season.

On a positive note: we won, 6 on the bounce, Pelle and the boys turned it around when it looked like the wheels had fallen off and the wolves were at the gate. clap2.gif

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 2

On another (non-City) subject, as I've an interest in the Play-off tonight (several Norwich buddies), I've always had a theory that if the team in 3rd is x number of points ahead of the team in 4th - let's say 6 points ahead - then the team in 3rd should automatically be promoted and the play-offs not happen that season.

Case in point, Preston this season finished 3rd (2 points behind 2nd) 10 points ahead of 4th (and a wopping 20 points ahead of 6th)...would have been an injustice if they'd been far better than 4th to 6th over 46 games but lost out on promotion in the play-offs to say 6th. Such a change will never happen of course as the play-offs generate money and retain end-of-season interest for many clubs. [Good also to see another local club on the move in the right direction - well done Preston].

City’s Elite Development Squad completed their season style with a 3-1 win in the under-21 Manchester derby at the Academy Stadium.

My earlier post was "Hoping This Charming Man might introduce a few of the youngsters on Sunday. ..Angelino, Brandon Barker, Jack Byrne, Pozo or the most obvious one, Inheanacho...for some minutes or on the bench".

Angelino, Barker & Iheanacho played the full game against ManU. Byrne and Pozo were both subbed. Without checking their ages, they're U21 but likely to be 19ish. You trying to tell me that those young lads couldn't have done minutes on the pitch even after having played ManU EDS - nobody was expecting them to play the full game, but a 'gesture to youth by Pelle would have gone down well.

City's Subs against Soton were: (GK) Caballero, (Def) Sagna, Kompany, (MF) - , (Fwds) Dzeko, Bony, Navas & Jovetic.

So by my reckoning we could have had at least Angelino (LB) and Iheanacho (Fwd) on the bench - probably instead of Sagna and Dzeko/Jovetic. It was an ideal opportunity to blood a player or two instead of players who might not even be with us next season.

On a positive note: we won, 6 on the bounce, Pelle and the boys turned it around when it looked like the wheels had fallen off and the wolves were at the gate. clap2.gif

No wonder you and Chiqs get on so wellbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Youngsters

Man City's travelling squad - to play against Toronto and Houston

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Willy Caballero, Richard Wright

Defenders: Dedryck Boyata, Gael Clichy, Jose Angel Esmoris Tasende, Aleksandar Kolarov, Vincent Kompany, Eliaquim Mangala, Bacary Sagna, Pablo Maffeo

Midfielders: Bersand Celina, James Milner, Jesús Navas, Jose Pozo, Fernando, Fernandinho, David Silva, Yaya Touré, Samir Nasri, George Evans, Olivier Ntcham, Seko Fofana, Manu Garcia, Brandon Barker

Strikers: Wilfried Bony, Edin Dzeko, Stevan Jovetic

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Most embarrassing statistic of the season - Jesus Navas - played in 42 games this season...scored ONE!!!

Also got 9 premier assists. And only played 18 x 90 mins. Not bad for a winger. Haterz gonna hatethumbsup.gif

Citys Elite Development Squad completed their season style with a 3-1 win in the under-21 Manchester derby at the Academy Stadium.

No wonder you and Chiqs get on so wellbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Eh, I'm a big admirer of Chiccy, our resident Troll.

Most embarrassing statistic of the season - Jesus Navas - played in 42 games this season...scored ONE!!!

Also got 9 premier assists. And only played 18 x 90 mins. Not bad for a winger. Haterz gonna hatethumbsup.gif

I'd stop there if I was you; it's so obvious you don't watch us very often if you're even contemplating putting up a defence for Navas.

Rumoured Euro90m bid from Real Madrid for Aguero.

Would you be tempted? Would the Arab be tempted, they love to bargain.

biggrin.png

Nope. Not tempted one iota. I want to keep Mr Golden Boot. However, it's not my money.

Not banging my City drum here, but if we sold Aguero, how many players are there (available or not available) on the world market who could replace him for us, and how much would it cost? It's a no-brainer Chicog. In my opinion, since Suarez left the scousers, Aguero is the no. 1 striker in Britain (I rated them equally, Suarez better out of the box, Kun better in the box).

biggrin.png

Nope. Not tempted one iota. I want to keep Mr Golden Boot. However, it's not my money.

Not banging my City drum here, but if we sold Aguero, how many players are there (available or not available) on the world market who could replace him for us, and how much would it cost? It's a no-brainer Chicog. In my opinion, since Suarez left the scousers, Aguero is the no. 1 striker in Britain (I rated them equally, Suarez better out of the box, Kun better in the box).

What if they sweeten the deal with the Welsh wizard?

biggrin.png

Aguero with 26 goals, dangerous as the devil in a bad mood, and more fit with his new diet and work out regimen. Not the time to be letting him go.

Add in City's history of overpaying for a horde of shit strikers. Let's keep one who turned out good.

biggrin.png

Bryan Giggs...well past his sell by.

• Like 1

[

fair dinkum B/B, u think the owners will take the last 6 on the spin as a postive, if so, u are on another planet

I.M.O. they would be looking at the previous 6 matches (squeaky bum time) won 2....lost 4...total ,6 points from18

c/sea,s same period...won 4..drew 2..total,14 points from 18

c/sea gained 8 pointsbiggrin.png and incidently c/sea won the title by 8 points

match their performances,during this time,and u would have been champions, on goal differencesmile.png

but sadly m/city bottled it when it counts

and the wolves are still at the gates, and very hungry i might add

Thats not bad compared to the stats of Andros Townsend. They are nothing short of appalling.

We're hoping to sell him to City for big bucks!

biggrin.png

No, because City are going to mug themselves off buying Sterling.

Sorry don't see the relationship or relevance of (i) the question posed on selling Aguero and (ii) on Sterling.

You don't rate Sterling then? He looks the most talented (skilled) English player of his generation to me, the cream of Liverpool's team, and if the price is right - and that's the key - would love him to join us. With Milner seemingly off, Nasri out of favour and maybe off, Navas lacking the quality of a team aspiring to be a top team, Sterling would be an excellent addition to our team/squad.

Sorry don't see the relationship or relevance of (i) the question posed on selling Aguero and (ii) on Sterling.

You don't rate Sterling then? He looks the most talented (skilled) English player of his generation to me, the cream of Liverpool's team, and if the price is right - and that's the key - would love him to join us. With Milner seemingly off, Nasri out of favour and maybe off, Navas lacking the quality of a team aspiring to be a top team, Sterling would be an excellent addition to our team/squad.

Then lets hope you go ahead and buy Sterling. I think you are the only realistic destination. oh and i'd take Coutinho over Sterling all day long too.

Selling Milner seems a mistake too.

[

fair dinkum B/B, u think the owners will take the last 6 on the spin as a postive, if so, u are on another planet

I.M.O. they would be looking at the previous 6 matches (squeaky bum time) won 2....lost 4...total ,6 points from18

c/sea,s same period...won 4..drew 2..total,14 points from 18

c/sea gained 8 pointsbiggrin.png and incidently c/sea won the title by 8 points

match their performances,during this time,and u would have been champions, on goal differencesmile.png

but sadly m/city bottled it when it counts

and the wolves are still at the gates, and very hungry i might add

Firstly, i think mine was a fair statement and reflection of recent events. Don't think i raised anything in my post about our owners. However as you ask, i have no idea whether our owner will take the last 6 on the spin as a positive or not. You would think they will, and I hope they do, and i get the impression from what i read that the management is happy enough with Pellegrini. I'm hoping our management are not a sacking management like Real Madrid's say. You'll probably recall that Pellegrini's 'brief' is as Soriano stated:

"It doesn't mean we are going to win one or two titles but in the grand scheme of things, if we look at the next five years and I could plan now, I would say I want to win five trophies in the next five years. That may mean we win no trophy one year and two in another but on average I want one title a year. That includes the Champions League, the Premier League or the FA Cup. Is it a realistic aim? I think it is, yes, but I am talking about five years. If next year we don't win but progress our football and get to the semi-finals of the Champions League, finish second in the Premier League and lose the FA Cup final again that will be fine. What we are asking the new manager to do is build a squad but also a football concept and a way of working that will last for the next 10 years. The manager has a shorter span [than that]. We are asking the manager to win this season, next season and every Sunday."

We'll see how this develops over the weeks. We all know the 'usual suspects' should they decide to move Pellegrini on.

I know you/Chelsea just won the title but i don't think there's any point trying to equate what we did to what Chelsea did. Chelsea had a good season, City never really got going (my posts over the season repeatedly stated my frustration with our form). Like Chelsea did the previous season, we fell short this season. In the games against Chelsea, you were probably better at ours, and we were better at yours (watched the Starrmforrd Bridge game the other day). What has to be established by our management is how we were able to catch up by Xmas to then throw it away over the coming months - what happened, what were the factors. You seem to like saying we bottled it; i think if you don't turn up in one game you bottled it, but if you don't turn up over a period of several weeks then its not bottling it (players bottle it) but something wrong with one or more of such as team selection, players performances, substitutions effective or not, tactics/game plan, good luck or bad luck, etc. We didn't bottle it, but just like Chelsea the previous season, we weren't good enough consistently - a good indicator is that probably only the following players can hold their head up this season, Aguero (best fwd), Silva (best mfd), Milner, DeMechellis (best dfd) and Hart - 5 players is not enough to make a championship challenge.

Wolves are still at the gate, and will remain so. If you are a Chelsea fan since the start of the Roman era then you'll know that the media is waiting on any sign of dropping standards to start with the knife in the back stories.

Do i think we'll win it next season. No, not with the squad as of the final day of last season. We're coming towards the end of our 5-6 year cycle and need to freshen it up while Chelsea look good to go already next season (biggest concern is finding a replacement for my favourite player John Terry) and you'll proably buy a few more to strengthen. Do i see a challenge to Chelsea next season from the other teams, no. Do i see a challenge to Chelsea from us - depends on our summer.

PS. 'Fair dinkum' - guessing you're not from darn Larnden way then eh, but an Ozzie?

• Like 1

Then lets hope you go ahead and buy Sterling. I think you are the only realistic destination. oh and i'd take Coutinho over Sterling all day long too.

Selling Milner seems a mistake too.

Sterling, Sturridge and Coutinho are the only players to buy from the scousers. Don't think we need Coutinho so much as Sterling (need a wide fast player)

Think you'll find that we are not 'selling' Jimmy.

Everybody at City would like Jimmy to sign a new contract but it doesn't seem that he wants to. Reading between the lines he wants to go to a team he will start every game, like Liverpool, rather than be a utility/squad player at City, and whatever he decides, if he leaves us I think everybody will be ok wth him for his decision (he's we'll liked).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

thks B/B for your post #16255

greatly appreciated and fully respect your points raised

with aquero as your lethal striker u can win anything, at any timesmile.png he is a perfect pro on and off the feild

it would be nice to take it in turns( winning the EPL) fluff the restbiggrin.png

my only fear for m/city, is pelle going to be up to it next season????and that toure is bad news when he got the sulks, he is like cancer in the d/sheds

yes i am a aussie born and bred in south sydney district , a loyal rabbitoh supporter in rugby league

to all my detractors and all have a very nice evening,(bet u are still looking inbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png )