Manchester City

mrbojangles

'Arsenal are not a Football Club'

[emoji6]

redrus

I guess grammatically it should be Arsenal is not a Football Club. Any english teachers among you lot can confirm.

Given their stock market status and clear divisions amongst their support you can't really argue the point. biggrin.png

It's THE Arsenal.

biggrin.png

It's NOT.

[emoji6]

redrus

I guess grammatically it should be Arsenal is not a Football Club. Any english teachers among you lot can confirm.

Given their stock market status and clear divisions amongst their support you can't really argue the point. biggrin.png

It's THE Arsenal.

biggrin.png

Woolwich Arsenal....piss off back south of the river! clap2.gif

• Like 1

Generally accepted that collective groups can be referred to in the singular or plural no matter that they have sole legal entity status. Where do you read " 'The' (sop to Chic) Arsenal are playing in the Cup tomorrow. It is the favourite to win".??

saai.gifsaai.gif zzzz...........

[Not an English teacher - thought I'd add that, as ThaiV members seem to have some pathological dislike of teachers that possibly says more about them than it does about teacherscoffee1.gif ]

[emoji6]

redrus

It's THE Arsenal.

biggrin.png

Woolwich Arsenal....piss off back south of the river! clap2.gif

Says the Middlesex fan :P

Generally accepted that collective groups can be referred to in the singular or plural no matter that they have sole legal entity status. Where do you read " 'The' (sop to Chic) Arsenal are playing in the Cup tomorrow. It is the favourite to win".??

[Not an English teacher - thought I'd add that, as ThaiV members seem to have some pathological dislike of teachers that possibly says more about them than it does about teacherscoffee1.gif ]

Our club was born at the Woolwich Arsenal, known as The Arsenal.

Which is why we are also "The Arsenal".

Shame things like that need explaining to these youngsters, but hey ho. They're new to the big time, so they're still playing catch up.

w00t.gif

Looks like someone remembered his birthday cake this year then.

Yaya Toure pledged his future to Manchester City, amid strong links to Inter.

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure said fans should not worry about his future, with the Ivorian promising to remain at the club next season.

Toure has been tipped to reunite with former City manager Roberto Mancini at Inter for the 2015-16 campaign, following an inconsistent term in Manchester.

But the Ivory Coast international, whose agent Dimitri Seluk was quoted over the weekend as claiming City owner Sheik Mansour intervened and blocked an exit from the Etihad Stadium, told the Manchester Evening News his future remains at the club.

"I will definitely stay," he said. "The fans don't have to be worried.

Shame things like that need explaining to these youngsters, but hey ho. They're new to the big time, so they're still playing catch up.

w00t.gif

WRONG. I posted "Arsenal is not a Football Club"; refer my post for context. "The Arsenal" is not a football club (The Arsenal fc...what!) but the NICKNAME of Arsenal fc.

w00t.gif

WRONG. I posted "Arsenal is not a Football Club"; refer my post for context. "The Arsenal" is not a football club (The Arsenal fc...what!) but the NICKNAME of Arsenal fc.

I'm bored with your sh-t now. Bye.

See we're being linked with Isco again. ..like the sound of that.

Not so sure of this. The Madrid fans love Isco and want him to start over Bale. More likely seeing Bale go but then again new managers have new ideas so it must depend on what view Benitez has.

Not so sure of this. The Madrid fans love Isco and want him to start over Bale. More likely seeing Bale go but then again new managers have new ideas so it must depend on what view Benitez has.

I find it strange that city havn't been linked with Bale facepalm.gif

Nah, City will be looking to their Academy rather than spending out the big bucks!!gigglem.gif

• Like 1

Nah, City will be looking to their Academy rather than spending out the big bucks!!gigglem.gif

I hope we're not linked to Bale as for me he's one of those decent but overrated players, like Beckham was.

I hope we're not linked to Bale as for me he's one of those decent but overrated players, like Beckham was.

Are you saying that he wouldn't get in your team ?

• Like 1

Not putting words in BB's mouth, well I probably am actually. The way I took what BB said was it would cost a fortune for Bale and he ain't that good value. Yeah he's decent but that money would be best spent elsewhere.

• Like 1

Yes, that was a classic was it not!!!

Not putting words in BB's mouth, well I probably am actually. The way I took what BB said was it would cost a fortune for Bale and he ain't that good value. Yeah he's decent but that money would be best spent elsewhere.

Just sounded like to me that that he doesn't rate Bale, but you put what ever spin you want on it BJ biggrin.png

Anyway when did you ever worry about a player being good value ?whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Just sounded like to me that that he doesn't rate Bale, but you put what ever spin you want on it BJ biggrin.png

Anyway when did you ever worry about a player being good value ?whistling.gif

biggrin.png

Seriously though Alfie. Do you think Bale is worth 80mil

Pink, frilly speedos are a London thing Alfie.thumbsup.gif

Your query is miles away from my comment isn't it.

I think he's a decent player but overrated at 80m or whatever it was, overrated when he's considered on par with the likes of Ronaldo as a galactico.

Would he get in City's team as of today? Yes I think he would because we don't have a left sided wide player and the only wide player we have is Navas. Would I prefer Bale over Milner? No, as Jimmy always gives 100% every game and can play just about anywhere for us, well.

Ps. Isn't one of the criticisms of Bale at Madrid that he doesn't like to defend...not to good for a player that supposedly can play anywhere leftside.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Your query is miles away from my comment isn't it.

I think he's a decent player but overrated at 80m or whatever it was, overrated when he's considered on par with the likes of Ronaldo as a galactico.

Would he get in City's team as of today? Yes I think he would because we don't have a left sided wide player and the only wide player we have is Navas. Would I prefer Bale over Milner? No, as Jimmy always gives 100% every game and can play just about anywhere for us, well.

Ps. Isn't one of the criticisms of Bale at Madrid that he doesn't like to defend...not to good for a player that supposedly can play anywhere leftside.

I'm afraid your waffling old boy,

1. You say "Bale would get in City's team because we don't have a left sided player "

2. You say " you would prefer Milner over Bale"

3. You say " Milner can play just about anywhere"

So why not play Milner on the left ?

One last point, Bale would get in your team, Milner only made 18 league appearances last season, but you prefer Milner facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I want this discussion to continue!! I particularly like the "i wouldn't want Bale in my team" stuff and i'm still waiting for MrB to throw his hat in.

Noticed Jack and JD are staying out of this too.

BB is living in cloud cook land, the Walter Mitty of the Citeh thread.