Manchester City

mrbojangles

Is this where I restate my opinion that the defense is suspect ?wai2.gif

Would it be possible to bow out of the De Bruyne talks and spend some cash on another centre-back and maybe a fullback ? I know I repeat myself but please. Though I loathe Mourinho it wouldn't hurt City to emulate his defense first policy just a little.

• Like 1

Is this where I restate my opinion that the defense is suspect ?wai2.gif

Would it be possible to bow out of the De Bruyne talks and spend some cash on another centre-back and maybe a fullback ? I know I repeat myself but please. Though I loathe Mourinho it wouldn't hurt City to emulate his defense first policy just a little.

Spot on!

What's surprising is Pelle is an ex-centreback but seems not to see that the back 4 is aging and suspect. Once again it will be our undoing this season.

Manchester City buy out wealthy Melbourne City investors

English Premier League giant Manchester City has paid $2.25 million to a group of prominent Australian investors to take full ownership of A-League club Melbourne City.According to documents lodged with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission last week, Manchester City now owns 100 per cent of its Melbourne club, having bought out minority owners Gerry Ryan, a BRW Rich List member and owner of caravan group Jayco, Crownbet chief executive Matthew Tripp, sports entrepreneur Bart Campbell and New Zealand businessman Michael Witt.The quartet previously owned 20 per cent of Melbourne City under the terms of the deal struck in January 2013 as part of Manchester City's push to own several teams around the world.Campbell and his consortium, which own NRL club Melbourne Storm, had led negotiations for the $11.25 million purchase of the club formerly known as Melbourne Heart.Manchester City has effectively bought the quartet out for as much as they put into the original deal, having had an option to buy the 20 per cent shareholding at that valuation since the purchase.The Premier League club, which begins its season in England later in August, also owns a majority share of United States Major League Soccer team New York City FC and a 20 per cent stake in Japanese club Yokohama, majority owned by car company Nissan a sponsor of City's teams around the world.

Apparently we are trying to lure Aaron Cresswell away from West Ham. Obviously trying to bolster our home grown quota. Didn't get to see many West Ham games last year so don't know how good he is but we deffo need shoring up at the back so could be a good buy.

Apparently we are trying to lure Aaron Cresswell away from West Ham. Obviously trying to bolster our home grown quota. Didn't get to see many West Ham games last year so don't know how good he is but we deffo need shoring up at the back so could be a good buy.

Several times last season I championed buying Cresswell, then I saw him struggle badly against Navas and realised he can't handle pace.

Brandon Barker intends to be a big part of the future ofManchester City after signing a five-year contract.The 18-year-old winger was one of the standout academy players last season and was part of the first-team tour to Australia and Vietnam this summer.

Saw him a few times for the EDS in the European games and he was the eye-catcher, like a lightweight David White, fast and direct, but down the left. Management obviously think he's good enough to break through if they've tied him down for another 5 years. Good luck to him.

Brandon Barker intends to be a big part of the future ofManchester City after signing a five-year contract.The 18-year-old winger was one of the standout academy players last season and was part of the first-team tour to Australia and Vietnam this summer.

Saw him a few times for the EDS in the European games and he was the eye-catcher, like a lightweight David White, fast and direct, but down the left. Management obviously think he's good enough to break through if they've tied him down for another 5 years. Good luck to him.

Yeah hope he fulfils his potential

Have a read of this article on Kompany: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/2546977/manchester-city-can-fix-defence-without-dropping-kompany

It mentions "This was the side that started against Portsmouth seven years ago: Hart, Zabaleta, Micah Richards, Dunne, Javier Garrido, Kompany, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Stephen Ireland, Elano, Robinho, Jo" with Kompany as holding midfield player. Some changes for the better in those 7 years eh.

The article refers to Kompany playing as holding player before moving in to CB position. My recollection is different. DeJong was the 1st choice holding player. Kompany was tried as CB due to an injury crisis at CB and once tried there it was obvious to all that was his best position.

The article makes the point that City have failed to successfully find THE holding player we've needed for years, so now maybe the time to move Kompany back there. I disagree. He wasn't great in that position. He can win the ball but lacks the finesse at close quarters to use the ball once he has it. He's also not as athletic, especially now, as Dinho or Delph, in covering the ground (Matic now being the Premie's ultimate player in that position).

Kompany needs to get his head back together, stop diving in, take a look at how slower players like Demichellis and Terry play that CB role, and adapt his game or he'll be moved on in the coming seasons. Hope he smartens up.

• Like 1

Have a read of this article on Kompany: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/2546977/manchester-city-can-fix-defence-without-dropping-kompany

It mentions "This was the side that started against Portsmouth seven years ago: Hart, Zabaleta, Micah Richards, Dunne, Javier Garrido, Kompany, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Stephen Ireland, Elano, Robinho, Jo" with Kompany as holding midfield player. Some changes for the better in those 7 years eh.

The article refers to Kompany playing as holding player before moving in to CB position. My recollection is different. DeJong was the 1st choice holding player. Kompany was tried as CB due to an injury crisis at CB and once tried there it was obvious to all that was his best position.

The article makes the point that City have failed to successfully find THE holding player we've needed for years, so now maybe the time to move Kompany back there. I disagree. He wasn't great in that position. He can win the ball but lacks the finesse at close quarters to use the ball once he has it. He's also not as athletic, especially now, as Dinho or Delph, in covering the ground (Matic now being the Premie's ultimate player in that position).

Kompany needs to get his head back together, stop diving in, take a look at how slower players like Demichellis and Terry play that CB role, and adapt his game or he'll be moved on in the coming seasons. Hope he smartens up.

Kompany is an absolute liability for any CB partner getting drawn out of position and leaving a gaping hole behind him for a top class striker to expose. City won't challenge for the title without upgrading him. I think he's a shadow of the former player and has lost it.

"Trying to lure".....

Is that a euphemism for "tapping up"?

"Trying to lure".....

Is that a euphemism for "tapping up"?

Probably, I'm just more refined than you biggrin.png

Just had a great hour watching CTH.

First up was Classic Match: Lpool 1v2 City (Anelka 2). It was great watching one of my big favourites Ali B setting up chances for the likes of Anelka, Fowler and SWP. Team was Schmeichal..Sommeil..Dunney..Distin..Jensen / Horlock..Barton..Ali B..SWP / Anelka and Fowler.

Next up was Premier Legends: Tony Adams. Always quite liked him (liked most of those players during their classic years) but now I really like him. He seemed so open and honest...I was quite choked up by his story by the end. A real warrior (that statue of him though is rubbish and should be melted down and re-cast).

Shame my kids were out, would have liked them to have watched and learnt.

Sky says fee agreed with Roma for Dzeko.

20p and a cadburys creme egg then.

Reportedly 17mil. I don't think that's too bad for a 29 year old, never mind one who hasn't held down his place and not played much over the last 2 seasons.

What, in Lira?

biggrin.png

Reportedly 17mil. I don't think that's too bad for a 29 year old, never mind one who hasn't held down his place and not played much over the last 2 seasons.

What, in Lira?

biggrin.png

Oh sorry, didn't realise we had moved the conversation along to Ozil biggrin.png

What, in Lira?

biggrin.png

Oh sorry, didn't realise we had moved the conversation along to Ozil biggrin.png

Why would you think the conversation had moved from a carthorse on to a World Cup Winner?

whistling.gif

What, in Lira?

biggrin.png

Why would you think the conversation had moved from a carthorse on to a World Cup Winner?

whistling.gif

Did it really take you more than half a day to come up with that retort!!

BTW. Not that being part of a squad directly reflects the ability of an individual but that carthorse you mention is a twice premier league winner. How many current Arsenal players have that medal.

Edited by mrbojangles
to add twice

Well just in case you missed it. Look in the Prediction thread. JackNDanny has issued you a challenge. Are you gonna be chicken and lose face laugh.png

I already told them, I don't get out of bed for peanuts. Leave that to the monkeys.

I'm in two already, I'll end up spending all week on fekkin prediction comps.

tongue.png

Well just in case you missed it. Look in the Prediction thread. JackNDanny has issued you a challenge. Are you gonna be chicken and lose face laugh.png

I already told them, I don't get out of bed for peanuts. Leave that to the monkeys.

I'm in two already, I'll end up spending all week on fekkin prediction comps.

tongue.png

No you wouldnt. I am sure you wouldnt be making different predictions for different competitionsblink.png .

So it would take you 30 seconds maximum, once you had decided your predictions for your other million dollar competitionswhistling.gif . But I am sure it wont be long before you come on here telling us you just predicted all the Saturday scores correct, and had a huge accumulator come up............ AFTER the eventrolleyes.gif.