Manchester City

mrbojangles

Who wrote that shit MrBo?

I notice you failed to provide a link.

coffee1.gif

I didn't post the article, BB did but seeing as you are too lazy:-

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/man-city-karren-bradys-misguided-10011814

Now if you can find anything to say the opposite and that we do qualify for the new relaxed rules, please share.

coffee1.gif

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/man-city-karren-bradys-misguided-10011814

Now if you can find anything to say the opposite and that we do qualify for the new relaxed rules, please share.

Why should you qualify for the "relaxed" rules? They're there because people like your rich Arab take the piss!

biggrin.png

Leagues are being bought...and because its not by the traditional big clubs people whinge...yet forget quickly those big clubs did exactly the same just with less money.

Really...just get over it.

Yeah but you're an example of a club that's thrown around huge amounts and money and it still isn't big.

biggrin.png

coffee1.gif

Why should you qualify for the "relaxed" rules? They're there because people like your rich Arab take the piss!

biggrin.png

No, no Chic, you can't twist and turn this one around. You agreed with Karen Brady, who spouted a load of ill informed rubbish.

Leagues are being bought...and because its not by the traditional big clubs people whinge...yet forget quickly those big clubs did exactly the same just with less money.

Yeah but you're an example of a club that's thrown around huge amounts and money and it still isn't big.

biggrin.png

Chicog, I'd be interested to know (1) what is your definition of "big" here and (2) based on your definition of "big", which teams are nos 1 to 10 of "big" clubs in England.

biggrin.png

Chicog, I'd be interested to know (1) what is your definition of "big" here and (2) based on your definition of "big", which teams are nos 1 to 10 of "big" clubs in England.

Let's be having it.

Manchester City thriving on and off the pitch thanks to Sheikh Mansour

Most Manchester City fans are no longer in the habit of pinching themselves at the sight of their club sitting at the top of the Premier League, but maybe they should, given the remarkable progress in such a short space of time.

A lot of fans couldn't believe it in early September 2008 when Sheikh Mansour -- with an estimated personal wealth of £17 billion -- bought the club from Thaksin Shinawatra. Just hours later, Robinho arrived from Real Madrid.

Buying Real Madrid players had not exactly been a common occurrence at City, and buying them ahead of the English game's biggest spenders, Chelsea, for £32 million was unheard of. It was a moment that catapulted City into a different stratosphere.

For a club emerging from a period of considerable turmoil -- once even dropping into the third division in 1998 -- quite a turnaround was about to occur.

In Deloitte's rich list of clubs printed at the time -- and taking into account clubs' finances from the 2006-07 season -- City did not even feature in the top 20.

Real Madrid, Manchester United and Barcelona occupied the top three with revenue that City could only dream about. There were, however, two clues on offer as to what might happen next. One was the shock effect of the Robinho transfer, with City removing one of the jewels of Real Madrid's much-heralded Galactico crown. The second came in the shape of the club then occupying fourth place behind these football megaliths; Chelsea.

Much has been written about the parallels, both historic and in terms of recent financial growth, of the two clubs and it can be argued that City have followed a similar path in joining the game's elite to the west London club. However, when the latest figures are analysed, the growth in the blue half of Manchester -- sustained over the last seven years -- has been nothing short of breathtaking.

City are now sixth in Deloitte's rich list, ahead of Chelsea, with revenues for the 2013-14 season now running at an estimated €414.4m. That is some achievement.

Factor in debilitating counter-balances such as financial fair play (FFP) restrictions, which hit the club's progress hard last season, plus the fact that the club has spent more or less the same amount between 2010-15 as it did between 2005-10 -- £462m as opposed to £456m in the earlier period.

You then begin to get a picture of not only eye-watering financial growth, but highly astute management by Sheikh Mansour's in-situ chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

With revenue up 300 percent since 2009, the club is second only to neighbours Manchester United in this respect. Commercial revenue has jumped an astonishing 821 percent over a similar period and at the same time, the wage bill has been reduced by 12 percent from £233m to £205m. The wages to turnover ratio is now a much more manageable 59 percent, down from 114 percent in 2011. For a comprehensive look at City's figures, the Swiss Ramble is a valuable resource.

The club continues to tread a fine line, however. Maintaining season ticket prices as one of the lowest in the Premier League and reducing the wage bill significantly cannot be balanced solely by the enormous television money about to be paid to Premier League clubs.

The ground's capacity has been increased to 55,000 and a fortune has been paid on a sparkling new academy, which the club hopes will one day allow a future manager to rely less heavily on buying the best players in the transfer market to keep the club competitive.

With the club expected to post a solid profit when 2015's figures are produced, its value continues to soar from the Sheikh's initial outlay of £210m to an estimated £900m today.

Despite setbacks and the difficulty muscling into an established elite that has been understandably reluctant to let others in, slowly but surely the football world is looking at Manchester City in a new light.

The way FFP has developed means there is little chance of this happening again. Having put the brakes on the likes of City and Paris Saint-Germain in an attempt to slow down their growth spurts, UEFA president Michel Platini has now loosened the stringent restrictions, allowing old money teams with new owners like the two Milan clubs to start an expensive rebuild.

The irony of this will not be lost on those who run City and PSG, but the inescapable truth remains that both clubs have been successful in jumping inside before the drawbridge was fully raised.

Given all this, perhaps City fans would be wise to carry on pinching themselves for a little while longer.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2015/09/manchester-city-i-threw-brick-through.html?m=1

Manchester City - I Threw A Brick Through A Window

A very intelligent accounting report on City's financial situation - loved the comments also.

The financial future is rosy!

Good read that Bred. Indeed the financial future is rosy. Particularly if we can renegotiate the sponsorships with Nike and Etihad. As the article says, City's deals are now behind the market.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2015/09/manchester-city-i-threw-brick-through.html?m=1

A very intelligent accounting report on City's financial situation - loved the comments also.

Good read that Bred. Indeed the financial future is rosy. Particularly if we can renegotiate the sponsorships with Nike and Etihad. As the article says, City's deals are now behind the market.

Yes those Etihad negotiations will be really tough I imagine. :o

Yes those Etihad negotiations will be really tough I imagine. ohmy.png

Are you suggesting there is something untoward with Etihad biggrin.png

I love the desperation with which they try and cover up this gross nepotism.

The massive sponsorship deal is set to be signed with Aabar investments, already a Manchester City club sponsor and definitely not related to the club’s owner. Aabar Investments are a private company registered in Abu Dhabi and are a subsidiary of the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC).

Meanwhile....

The company’s parent is the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC), which is wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi.

blink.png

cheesy.gif

Oh, and Bredders, do these freebies from the family count as "commercial revenue"? Might explain why it's up...... That Karren Brady's got it spot on.

w00t.gif

Edited by Chicog

The massive sponsorship deal is set to be signed with Aabar investments, already a Manchester City club sponsor and definitely not related to the club’s owner. Aabar Investments are a private company registered in Abu Dhabi and are a subsidiary of the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC).

Meanwhile....

The company’s parent is the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC), which is wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi.

blink.png

cheesy.gif

Oh, and Bredders, do these freebies from the family count as "commercial revenue"? Might explain why it's up...... That Karren Brady's got it spot on.

w00t.gif

Oh and Chicog you still owe me an answer to my earlier post "(1) what is your definition of "big" here and (2) based on your definition of "big", which teams are nos 1 to 10 of "big" clubs in England".

Meanwhile....

blink.png

cheesy.gif

w00t.gif

Oh and Chicog you still owe me an answer to my earlier post "(1) what is your definition of "big" here and (2) based on your definition of "big", which teams are nos 1 to 10 of "big" clubs in England".

Go and buy a tape measure and work it out for yourself, you boring old fart.

huh.png

• Like 1

The massive sponsorship deal is set to be signed with Aabar investments, already a Manchester City club sponsor and definitely not related to the clubs owner. Aabar Investments are a private company registered in Abu Dhabi and are a subsidiary of the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC).

Meanwhile....

The companys parent is the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC), which is wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi.

blink.png

cheesy.gif

w00t.gif

Go and buy a tape measure and work it out for yourself, you boring old fart.

huh.png

I'll translate the true meaning of your comment for the forum: My name is Chicog and I like to make unsubstantiated comments to irritate the forum, but don't like it when I'm reasonably asked to substantiate them.

;-)

• Like 2

City's Manuel Pellegrini has won the Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month award for August. The Chilean guided his side to a flawless four successive wins in the month, during which the Blues scored 10 goals and conceded none. Pellegrini, picking up the award for the fourth time, is delighted at not only the cold statistics, but also the stylish manner in which the victories have been achieved.

• Like 1

I'll translate the true meaning of your comment for the forum: My name is Chicog and I like to make unsubstantiated comments to irritate the forum, but don't like it when I'm reasonably asked to substantiate them.

;-)

Tottenham not being a "big" club is a long standing joke going back to when they paid Petit's taxi fare to come and sign for Arsenal.

Stop taking everything so seriously you anal retentive.

biggrin.png

City's Manuel Pellegrini has won the Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month award for August. The Chilean guided his side to a flawless four successive wins in the month, during which the Blues scored 10 goals and conceded none. Pellegrini, picking up the award for the fourth time, is delighted at not only the cold statistics, but also the stylish manner in which the victories have been achieved.

winning award such as this is fluffing zilch

a few weeks ago i looked at pelle coaching acheivements, fluff all to be honest, when compared to fergy, mou,king carlo,pepe, klopps and company etc etc

with only 4 matchs been played,and 34 to go,would not get so cocky as your post suggests

and with C/L, F.A. , L cups to kicked in,and leading the E.P.L. in style

we will see if his balls have returned from his meltdown in fergy squeaky bum time last season

J.M.O. his coaching record cast serious doubts on winning a swag of trophies,this season, which his owners will want OR

he has always looked shaky when under the gun and when things are not going his way,

2014/2015 will be his season of reckoning, champ or chump

a very nice afternoon to all my admirers on the footy forumsmile.png

;-)

Tottenham not being a "big" club is a long standing joke going back to when they paid Petit's taxi fare to come and sign for Arsenal.

Stop taking everything so seriously you anal retentive.

biggrin.png

Sorry, I must stop trying to wind you up all the time.

winning award such as this is fluffing zilch

a few weeks ago i looked at pelle coaching acheivements, fluff all to be honest, when compared to fergy, mou,king carlo,pepe, klopps and company etc etc

with only 4 matchs been played,and 34 to go,would not get so cocky as your post suggests

and with C/L, F.A. , L cups to kicked in,and leading the E.P.L. in style

we will see if his balls have returned from his meltdown in fergy squeaky bum time last season

J.M.O. his coaching record cast serious doubts on winning a swag of trophies,this season, which his owners will want OR

he has always looked shaky when under the gun and when things are not going his way,

2014/2015 will be his season of reckoning, champ or chump

a very nice afternoon to all my admirers on the footy forumsmile.png

Not being cocky, was just spreading the news. Down boy.

Maybe this will help you. It's dead scientific like.

cheesy.gif

http://www.bigclubornot.co.uk/bigclubindex.html

Interesting site and approach. If I understood it correctly, they've ranked the clubs by points per positions in tournaments over the years. It places Liverpool above Manu but I'd probably say ManU are a bigger club. The top 15 places are filled with lots of teams you'd place there but teams like WHU are surprisingly lower placed.

I think in addition to success, you'd probably have to factor in support, when assessing 'big clubs'. Until recent times the clubs with the most support tended to have more money therefore more success. Therefore it would be interesting to see a table of total home crowd attendance say post-WW1 to last season and it would probably bear similarities to the table by success.