Manchester City

mrbojangles

With 5 Argentinians in our squad, are we the most popular team in Argentina or is it ManU or Liverpool?

The most popular teams in Argentina are local teams. Its not like Thailand where every Tom, Dick and Harry sports an EPL shirt. Most Argentines don't even follow European football much. Strange maybe but true.

With 5 Argentinians in our squad, are we the most popular team in Argentina or is it ManU or Liverpool?

The most popular teams in Argentina are local teams. Its not like Thailand where every Tom, Dick and Harry sports an EPL shirt. Most Argentines don't even follow European football much. Strange maybe but true.

Actually very pleased to hear it.

Last 4 games:

Arsenal: WWDW

United: WLDW

City: WWWW

Chelsea: LMAO

Liverpool: ROFL

Think if Newcastle beat WHU in London tomorrow then Chelsea will be in the bottom 3.

Can't wait for Mou having to field questions about the possibility of relegation.gigglem.gif

every dog has its day,enjoy it while it lasts

just a gentle internet tip

K.V.B. is the correct spelling, not KDBsmile.png

a lovely morning to all my devotee.s on the footy forumbiggrin.png

Last 4 games:

Arsenal: WWDW

United: WLDW

City: WWWW

Chelsea: LMAO

Liverpool: ROFL

Think if Newcastle beat WHU in London tomorrow then Chelsea will be in the bottom 3.

Can't wait for Mou having to field questions about the possibility of relegation.gigglem.gif

Thanks for your blessing, we're doing exactly that "enjoy it while it lasts".

Why would the abbreviation of Kevin de Bruyne be K.V.B and not KdB?

Sergio Aguero will not be fit to face Juventus, but midfield quartet Raheem Sterling, David Silva, Fernandinho and Samir Nasri are in contention for City, ahead of the Champions League opener at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday night.

Let's see if Bony can step up. I like the looks of Bony but he has yet to be much of a goal scorer for City. Seems about time for that to change.coffee1.gif

Correct spelling (initials) for who?

Thanks for your blessing, we're doing exactly that "enjoy it while it lasts".

Why would the abbreviation of Kevin de Bruyne be K.V.B and not KdB?

my error gigglem.gifsad.png please except my sincere appologiesbiggrin.png

Sergio Aguero will not be fit to face Juventus, but midfield quartet Raheem Sterling, David Silva, Fernandinho and Samir Nasri are in contention for City, ahead of the Champions League opener at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday night.

According to latest reports, Nasri and Fernandhino didnt train this morning.

I think the loss of 'Dino will be huge.

Hopefully Fernando can come in and step up, as everytime I have seen him bar fom 1 perormance, he has been a bit iffy.

Looking forward to it, should be interesting. Assuming Dinho, Nando and Nasri are fit, will he go

Bony

Sterling..Silva..KdB

Yaya..Dindo

thats the way I would go.

But I fear its going to be Nando not Dinho who gets the nod. I realy dont think Dinho is fit.

He could play Sterling up front, which I think if we are not winning after an hour or so, he may well switch formations and put Sterling up front for Bony and bring on Navas. Try and beat them by speed.

Looking forward to it, should be interesting. Assuming Dinho, Nando and Nasri are fit, will he go

Bony

Sterling..Silva..KdB

Yaya..Dindo

thats the way I would go.

But I fear its going to be Nando not Dinho who gets the nod. I realy dont think Dinho is fit.

He could play Sterling up front, which I think if we are not winning after an hour or so, he may well switch formations and put Sterling up front for Bony and bring on Navas. Try and beat them by speed.

Read the other day about Fernando and the pain he was in last year.

Manchester City 's Fernando is pain-free for the first time in around a year.

The Brazilian midfielder is poised to bolster manager Manuel Pellegrini’s midfield numbers as he nears full fitness.

That will be a boost for the Blues chief after seeing new boy Fabian Delph succumb to a hamstring problem during Tuesday night’s England match.

Fernando played much of last season - making 33 appearances - with painkilling injections to cope with a groin problem.

The issue was exacerbated during City’s pre-season tour of Australia and Vietnam.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-citys-fernando-pain-free-10025549

• Like 1

Man City:

Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandinho, Nasri, Silva, Sterling, Bony

Subs: Caballero, Otamendi, Demichelis, Fernando, Navas, De Bruyne, Aguero

Juventus:

Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Chiellini, Evra; Sturaro, Hernanes, Pogba; Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Morata

Subs: Neto, Barzagli, Alex Sandro, Lemina, Pereyra, Zaza, Dybala

Patrick Roberts capped a stunning performance as Citys Under-19s came from behind to beat nine-man Juventus 4-1.

The Blues fell behind early on, but goals from Aaron Nemane and a superb solo effort from Roberts gave Patrick Vieiras side a winning UEFA Youth League start at the Academy Stadium.Further strikes from Will Patching and Lukas Nmecha near the end meant Vieiras side have got off to a flyer in this competition, though it was one goal and three assists Roberts who stole the show.In bright warm sunshine at the Academy Stadium, City began well with Roberts causing problems on the right flank, but despite a couple of half-chances, it was Juventus who struck first when Andrea Favilli found himself in space and he gently lobbed it over the stranded Danny Grimshaw on 10 minutes.It was harsh on the hosts in what was the Italians first attack, but a timely reminder of how mistakes will be punished at this level.Undeterred, the Blues quickly got themselves back into the game though it was via a bizarre refereeing decision. As Nemane raced towards goal, he was fouled by Giulio Parodi but as Thierry Ambrose continued the move and placed the ball past Mattia Del Favero, the official instead pulled play back and sent off the Juventus defender.While the goal should perhaps have been given instead, City soon made the numerical advantage pay when Roberts low cross was turned home by Nemane from close range with 22 minutes on the clock.Roberts was again the provider as he laid a guilt-edge chance for Manu Garcia who it seemed certain would stroke the ball home from eight yards but his shot was parried by Del Favero and the danger was cleared.Roberts again showed his dribbling ability as he danced his way past four challenges but slightly overran the ball to the relief of the visitors who again scrambled the ball clear.The second-half began with City dominant and Roberts again the scourge of the Juventus defence so it was no surprise when the visitors frustration boiled over and Francesco Cassata was shown a second yellow card to reduce the Italians to nine men.With 40 minutes still to play, the Blues were soon ahead with a goal that had the Academy Stadium on their feet as Roberts danced his way through several challenges before rolling the ball home for a stunning individual goal.How Juventus hung on at 2-1 for so long is a mystery as City peppered their goal with chance after chance before the dam finally broke and Patching and Nmecha gave the score a more realistic look Roberts having a hand in each yet again.

Tough game, little between the sides. Got to take those chances, Bony and Sterling. Nasri not in the game...give Nasri 5 minutes 2nd half and hook him or Sterling for KdB. We're playing with Sterling, Nasri and Bony not contributing. Fernandinho by far our best player. Need some changes in the front 4 if we're going to get anything.

Sad about ManUs Shaw...hope he's back soon but looks real bad.

• Like 1