Manchester City

mrbojangles

He's a good player??

Surely for £55m he should be a bit better than good?

Is he as good as Delle Alli?

Now there is a question!

biggrin.png

Bloody hell Smokes, disagree with someone on here and they are all over you like a bad suit biggrin.png

Honestly, how is that different than ANY TV Forum. Sad really isn't it.

Why don't you watch a couple of matches and make your own informed view then Alfie.

I have no reason to laud or decry ginger-top, but I've watched 2 or 3 TV full broadcasts of matches where De Bruyne played including the Liverpool and Juve games. Personally i think he is an excellent player and worth the money they paid. Lively, tracks back, good feet and great crosser of the ball.

Over to you as another non-Manc to tell us what you think, rather than just extrapolating from what you think the generality of journos are not saying about him.

Shalln't be entering a debate with you about it as I suspect you are merely trolling anyway.

Read my previous posts Numpty :

Why don't you watch a couple of matches and make your own informed view then Alfie. :From this comment "De Bruyne would walk into any team" biggrin.png now you are aving a laugh", i would have thought that you would have realized iv'e seen him play !!!

I also said "where is that saying that he is not a good player ? "

Shalln't be entering a debate with you about it as I suspect you are merely trolling anyway. : so why have you posted then ? biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

For the thicko's on here, nowhere have i said that he is not a good player, all i done was disagree with bb about him "walking into any team" , now if people want me to say that he would walk into any team such Barce, Rm, BM just let me know and i'll say it biggrin.png

Not quite sure you read the full posts with Carmine above. I agreed with JD that Pogba was an excellent player but I doubted he was worth (to buy) more than KdB, to which it was that Carmine posted that Pogba 'would walk in to any team in the world'; I commented that so would KdB. Now anybody with any sense would realise that both of us were using the term 'good enough to walk in to any team in the world' in a football sense of 'being good enough to' and not literally as obviously there are managers who wouldn't want to change what they already have. Sometimes it gets tiresome posting on here!

I think on these TV Football forums you can break down the usual suspects in to:

those who come on here for a serious football discussion and offer their comments on any forums in that way,

those who post seriously on their own team's forum but go on other team's forums to troll,

those who post seriously on their own team's forum but go on other team's forums to joke.

We all probably have a very good idea who fits in to which category. Personally I could do without people trolling; be good if we all could have a go at cutting it out, sure it would result in more interesting/fun forums. Ok bring on your trolling, know it's coming.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

He's a good player??

Now there is a question!

biggrin.png

We know you like to joke but you're on top form this morning.

I'll tell you what...our player has justified his transfer fee...how about yours?

I like it BB. A bit more defensive than normal but on recent performances I think we need that kind of set up. It will be great to have Silva back, with him and KdB swapping over at will. Do think we'll be light wide out in the wings though, in particular the left as we can't rely on Kolarov pumping down and tracking back.

He's a good player??

Now there is a question!

biggrin.png

We know you like to joke but you're on top form this morning.

I'll tell you what...our player has justified his transfer fee...how about yours?

Yes he has. However, Sterling justifying his fee as of yet is another matter.

Why don't you watch a couple of matches and make your own informed view then Alfie.

I have no reason to laud or decry ginger-top, but I've watched 2 or 3 TV full broadcasts of matches where De Bruyne played including the Liverpool and Juve games. Personally i think he is an excellent player and worth the money they paid. Lively, tracks back, good feet and great crosser of the ball.

Over to you as another non-Manc to tell us what you think, rather than just extrapolating from what you think the generality of journos are not saying about him.

Shalln't be entering a debate with you about it as I suspect you are merely trolling anyway.

Read my previous posts Numpty :

Why don't you watch a couple of matches and make your own informed view then Alfie. :From this comment "De Bruyne would walk into any team" biggrin.png now you are aving a laugh", i would have thought that you would have realized iv'e seen him play !!!

I also said "where is that saying that he is not a good player ? "

Shalln't be entering a debate with you about it as I suspect you are merely trolling anyway. : so why have you posted then ? biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

For the thicko's on here, nowhere have i said that he is not a good player, all i done was disagree with bb about him "walking into any team" , now if people want me to say that he would walk into any team such Barce, Rm, BM just let me know and i'll say it biggrin.png

Not quite sure you read the full posts with Carmine above. I agreed with JD that Pogba was an excellent player but I doubted he was worth (to buy) more than KdB, to which it was that Carmine posted that Pogba 'would walk in to any team in the world'; I commented that so would KdB. Now anybody with any sense would realise that both of us were using the term 'good enough to walk in to any team in the world' in a football sense of 'being good enough to' and not literally as obviously there are managers who wouldn't want to change what they already have. Sometimes it gets tiresome posting on here!

Don't worry i knew exactly what you meant and whether a manager wanted to change a team or not he wouldn't walk into them 3 teams.

Why don't you pop in their while your in blighty Ups, the trophy room alone must be worth visiting laugh.png

I can't believe as a Spurs fan you have just posted that.

Why don't you pop in their while your in blighty Ups, the trophy room alone must be worth visiting laugh.png

I can't believe as a Spurs fan you have just posted that.

Net spend jinglejangles!! ;)

• Like 1

Wife's Diary---

Today, I thought my husband was acting weird. Id been shopping with my friends all day long, so I thoughthe was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what waswrong. He said nothing. I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset; that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior. I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too'. When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there, quietly and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About fifteen minutes later, he came to bed. But, I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep. I cried, I didn't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster!

Husband's Diary--

How the hell did Sterling miss that open goal, how?

Classic mate, I do it myself wife goes off on a rant and accuses me of having a gik or something along those lines and I am in deep thought about united, after a bit of nagging and telling me to stop the car and let her out and she will walk home, so I stop to let her out, she opens the door and asks where you go, I just say not home, straight away she jumps back in, 5 mins later all good again and I can plan watching the football.
  • Like 2

Wife's Diary---

Today, I thought my husband was acting weird. Id been shopping with my friends all day long, so I thoughthe was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what waswrong. He said nothing. I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset; that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior. I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too'. When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there, quietly and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About fifteen minutes later, he came to bed. But, I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep. I cried, I didn't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster!

Husband's Diary--

How the hell did Sterling miss that open goal, how?

Classic mate, I do it myself wife goes off on a rant and accuses me of having a gik or something along those lines and I am in deep thought about united, after a bit of nagging and telling me to stop the car and let her out and she will walk home, so I stop to let her out, she opens the door and asks where you go, I just say not home, straight away she jumps back in, 5 mins later all good again and I can plan watching the football.

In recent times I was with family on a road trip upcountry we like to go on these days for holiday, in the hotel somewhere remote, nit noi on tv, so trying to entertain the kids, we had a game where we all had to say the best and worst personality trait of each family member. Come my turn the kids said my best trait is I'm funny (yep I agree, hard to believe isn't it), while my worst trait the kids reckoned was I'm not fun to be around while watching City (that I understood but it hurt a bit coming from my kids so I try not to get involved in the game too much watching these days with the kids).

]

• Like 1

I like it BB. A bit more defensive than normal but on recent performances I think we need that kind of set up. It will be great to have Silva back, with him and KdB swapping over at will. Do think we'll be light wide out in the wings though, in particular the left as we can't rely on Kolarov pumping down and tracking back.

Seems like there's no consensus on team selection this week

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-v-southampton-writers-10515295

Caballero,

Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov,

Delph, Fernandinho,

De Bruyne, Toure, Sterling

Aguero

SUBSTITUTES: Wright, Clichy, Fernando, Silva, Navas, Iheanacho, Bony

Pleased to see Delph getting a start over Fernando...guess we'll be more mobile. Silva to come on late on I guess.

Yep. MoM again

But is he £55m worth of <deleted>?

Not even a hat-trick.

His value goes up a quid daily.

And his job is to supply, scoring the odd goal here and there. Not to score hat tricks. That's Bony's job, whose value decreases by a million quid daily. Useless git he is.

• Like 2

On Southampton's goal. Never a foul in the first place and then he let them play advantage forever before pulling it back

Ref clearly had been watching rugby world cup where they pull it back minutes later when no advantage accrues; I was going mental at the ref's decision, think he rewrote the rule book today, he was very poor today. I look forward to seeing the replay to see how long he let advantage run before he pulled it back and gave a free kick.

And how the hell did the ref miss that handball on the line by Davies on 20 mins at 1v0 up...red card and penalty.

Ref was rubbish.

Brilliant to start with. Should have been more than 2v0 up. Then let them back in the game before HT. Soton get one back early doors following very strange ref decision. 2v2 looked likely with City sloppy. 3v1 brilliant finish from kolorov past 5 soton players. Pleased to get the win again. ..was beginning to forget what it felt like.

Nice three points and good efforts from KDB, Sterling, Caballero and Otamendi. Demi was weak and an off performance from Dinho I thought. Yaya was very lively but had a goal on his mind and should have passed the ball instead of trying to rampage his way through the defense. Bony belongs in a circus. Nice to see Silva get some work and boy does he need it. He looked super rusty and not himself.

Aguero lacking form and hope he gets it together soon.

Overall I thought City flattered a little with 3-1 but not terribly so. Here's hoping Vinnie's calf starts improving.

*Forgot to mention Delph who was a sparkplug in the first period but tailed off late.

Edited by jellydog

^Willy wasn't so wonky and saved us on at least one occasion.

Aguero has been poor ALL season bar 20 minutes vs Newcastle. He's either injured, coming back from injury, disinterested or a combination thereof. Bony doesn't look like he's got it in him to turn his poor form around. Can't help thinking our lack of forwards might be decisive, luckily currently other players are chipping in with the goals.