Manchester City

mrbojangles

Another important decision which could have been cleared up in seconds, with video assistance!!

As it was Sterling and he should have had a penalty in the first game, it leaves me with a clearer consciencelaugh.png

I thought we played a lot better when Toure went off. More compact and seemed to create more.

Just hope KDBs injury isnt as bad as it looked.

Highlights

Second goal should never have stood,the ball was clearly out of play.

That said the times man city hit the woodwork seems they were deserved winners.

From a picture I've seen on the Telegraph, the ball looked out before Sterling crossed it.

Everton rightly feel a sense of injustice, as we did after the first leg (an offside call for their 1st goal and a penalty which should have been given for foul on Navas) and the recent 0v0 (Stones penalty not given for foul on Stirling).

Pellegini's take on it:

The City boss told a news conference after the match:

"Maybe it was a mistake by the referee, but I think Everton cannot complain about the referee.

We lost at Goodison Park with a clear offside for the first goal, a clear penalty for Jesus Navas.

We drew here with a clear penalty on Aguero.

One mistake against four or five mistakes.

I think we had two shots on the post and were the better team."

]

Seen the highlights, read the reports, but how did we play? Usual 'flat play wait to we go behind and wake up' stuff or we were at it last night?

Who played well and who didn't? Who was MOM? (hate it when I can't watch it).

Have you not got decent internet BB? Even in the boonies I can now watch a match as the internet is much better.

Fernandinho and Aguero where our best. Silva is improving and KdB made a huge impact when he came on, the lad is pure class hope he is ok. Zabba put in a decent shift and Navas also made a good impact when he came on but the rest were average to poor. Once again we were dodgy at the back and we really need a quality CB, we can't keep on relying on Otamendi and Demichellis as a pairing. If we don't win the prem this year it will be because of that position.

Seen the highlights, read the reports, but how did we play? Usual 'flat play wait to we go behind and wake up' stuff or we were at it last night?

Who played well and who didn't? Who was MOM? (hate it when I can't watch it).

Have you not got decent internet BB? Even in the boonies I can now watch a match as the internet is much better.

Fernandinho and Aguero where our best. Silva is improving and KdB made a huge impact when he came on, the lad is pure class hope he is ok. Zabba put in a decent shift and Navas also made a good impact when he came on but the rest were average to poor. Once again we were dodgy at the back and we really need a quality CB, we can't keep on relying on Otamendi and Demichellis as a pairing. If we don't win the prem this year it will be because of that position.

Yep I would agree with that.

The reason Navas had an impact is he actually CROSSED the ball a few times!! Something he normally steers clear of.

2nd game in a row where Kun has had a sublime effort hit the post!!

I think Everton missed an opportunity by not using that Delafuene (?) more . He had Demichelis and Clichy chasing air in the first few minutes. That defence just cannot handle being run at with speed.

Just read a report that KDB has suspected medial ligament damagesad.png . Bummer is that!!

Glad to see we made it through to Wembley. A pity about KDB though it sounds like it wasn't the dreaded ACL. Bad news even so.

I had high hopes for Otamendi. He has had some stand out performances but others less than good. Consistency the problem.

ON THIS DAY IN 1961: DENIS LAW SCORES SIX GOALS FOR MAN CITY AND STILL ENDS UP ON THE LOSING SIDE!

When Man City played Luton Town in the FA Cup fourth round on this day in 1961, they were 6-2 up after 69 minutes with Denis Law helping himself to all six of Citys goals.Sadly, it all went swiftly downhill from there for the young Scottish striker. The game was abandoned with 20 minutes left due to the water-logged pitch at Kenilworth Road resembling a beach with the tide out, with deep mud and a shallow lake according to a local news report.The game was rescheduled and played again on 1st February. As Sods Law would have it, Law scored again but City ended up losing 3-1.Just to add insult to injury, Laws original six goals were struck from the record which meant that he missed out on being the top FA Cup goalscorer of the 20th century.He eventually finished on 41 FA Cup goals, while Ian Rush topped the table with 44.Its not every day that you score six goals, Law later recalled to BBC Sport.I never did it again the most I managed in a game that counted was four, which I got a couple of times at Manchester United.Obviously it wasnt meant to be. The funny thing was when we went for the replay on the Wednesday the pitch was in a worse state than it ever was on Saturday.Bugger.

Typical City!

Highlights

From a picture I've seen on the Telegraph, the ball looked out before Sterling crossed it.

Everton rightly feel a sense of injustice, as we did after the first leg (an offside call for their 1st goal and a penalty which should have been given for foul on Navas) and the recent 0v0 (Stones penalty not given for foul on Stirling).

Pellegini's take on it:

"Maybe it was a mistake by the referee, but I think Everton cannot complain about the referee.

We lost at Goodison Park with a clear offside for the first goal, a clear penalty for Jesus Navas.

]

Which effectively is a long winded way of saying "it evens itself out".

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Highlights

Pellegini's take on it:

]

Which effectively is a long winded way of saying "it evens itself out".

biggrin.png

I doubt whether Pellegrini knows that English phrase. He navigates to the point in his own inimitable way.wink.png

I look forward to him learning "the ol' onion bag".

biggrin.png

Had to look that one up. Seems Pellegrini is not so worried about the bulging onion bag, often to City's detriment.thumbsup.gif

Before googling "onion bag" I had assumed it referred to the hanging brain.smile.png