Manchester City

mrbojangles

I look forward to him learning "the ol' onion bag".

biggrin.png

Had to look that one up. Seems Pellegrini is not so worried about the bulging onion bag, often to City's detriment.thumbsup.gif

Before googling "onion bag" I had assumed it referred to the hanging brain.smile.png

You had to look it up?!

Good grief.

It is one of the pantheon of football cliches such as "the lad's done great" and "He's wrapped his laces around that one".

I look forward to him learning "the ol' onion bag".

biggrin.png

Had to look that one up. Seems Pellegrini is not so worried about the bulging onion bag, often to City's detriment.thumbsup.gif

Before googling "onion bag" I had assumed it referred to the hanging brain.smile.png

You had to look it up?!

Good grief.

It is one of the pantheon of football cliches such as "the lad's done great" and "He's wrapped his laces around that one".

Not hep to much of the Limey football lingo. Picking it up as I go along.wink.png

I've said before on here that I like Roberto Martinez, and I agree that the ball was over the line for City's 2nd goal midweek but he doesn't seem to be seeing the whole picture in conveniently not mentioning bad ref decisions that didn't go our way in the 1st leg and the Premier games this month. So I'm very pleased to see that Pellegrini obviously also has had enough and has hit back at Martinez. Well done Manual!

"Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini roars back at Everton moaning

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has had a lot to say since the Capital One Cup game, but probably won't enjoy reading this..."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-pellegrini-everton-moaning-10808753

Trying to find the Villa v City game on a radio station but BB West Midlands seems to have WBA game and BBC Manchester seems to have the Bolton game (on iplayer). On anyone know how to follow the game on radio (believe its not on tv)

Supposedly on Five Live Extra for which you'll need a VPN or similar.

Based upon the 2nd half I saw live on some strange Chinese stream, it was very easy. Brilliant 3rd goal from Nacho. Great to finish with 4 of our kids on the park in Nacho, Celino on for Dinho, Angelino on for Clichy and 17yr old Humphrey on for Otamendi (back 4 finished as Zaba..Sangna..Humphrey..Angelino). Zaba looked very solid. Enjoyed that.

Well if KdB didnt throw himself to the deck like Sgt.Elias when he was shot in the back in Platoon then it is unlikely he would have done any damage to his knee,after all Funes mori has minimal contact.

I don't think any of us thought you were being serious. But here goes. I'll bite.

Boot down the back of KdB heel and side of his leg.

post-19542-0-25762400-1454175588_thumb.j

Then he has his knee behind KdB

post-19542-0-97032000-1454175603_thumb.j

Then whilst he has his knee behind KdB he puuts his arm across his chest and drags him down

post-19542-0-58989200-1454175640_thumb.j

When you are then going down that way your foot has somewhere to slide out from behind you but if you see Funes has his boot trapped behind KdB' foot so it has nowhere to go and then his full weight went on top of it.

post-19542-0-67138100-1454175658_thumb.j

BTW. Not one of us has called Funes dirty, these things can happen in tackles but to blame KdB for injuring himself is just plain barmy.

• Like 1

Based upon the 2nd half I saw live on some strange Chinese stream, it was very easy. Brilliant 3rd goal from Nacho. Great to finish with 4 of our kids on the park in Nacho, Celino on for Dinho, Angelino on for Clichy and 17yr old Humphrey on for Otamendi (back 4 finished as Zaba..Sangna..Humphrey..Angelino). Zaba looked very solid. Enjoyed that.

I didn't get to see any of it, gave up searching. Sounded a stroll and I'm chuffed to bits for Nacho. We on here have all been screaming for Pelle to give him more time playing and the lad is showing what he can do. 8 goals from 5 starts I think.

Also nice to see some of the young one's get pitch time

Every time Nacho plays, you just think that he looks a football player. He looks the more natural player than Sterling. Early days but his future looks very promising. Of the other 3 that came on, Angelino was the most involved and looked very assured.

I was following the game on the MCFC tweet live page, people were posting stream links most of which weren't and I came across the Chinese one with English commentary. So next round I'll do similar to try and find something to watch. I spent the 1st half listening to Bolton vs Nasty Leeds on Radio Manc but they rarely went over to the Villa game.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Apparenlty, Pep's wife was given a VIP tour of St Bedes College. She is said to have been accompanied by Txiki Begiristain's wife.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-pep-guardiolas-wife-10814749

Is that near The Theatre of Dweebs?

Yes it is (3 miles ?), and it's slightly closer to United since we've moved East from Moss Side to the Etihad, but Manchester is pretty small. Believe one of our members is an old boy.

]

City website crashes

The Manchester City website seems to have crashed moments after the news of Pep's arrival was confirmed, but here is their statement on one of football's worst kept secrets:Manchester City can confirm that in recent weeks it has commenced and finalized contractual negotiations with Pep Guardiola to become MCFC Head Coach for the 2016/17 EPL season onwards.The contract is for three years. These negotiations were a re-commencement of discussions that were curtailed in 2012.Out of respect for Manuel Pellegrini and the players, the Club wishes to make its decision public to remove the unnecessary burden of speculation.Manuel, who is fully supportive of the decision to make this communication, is entirely focused on achieving his targets for the season ahead and retains the respect and commitment of all involved with the leadership of the Club

.post-19652-0-00846700-1454332884_thumb.j

That's got to have an affect on the players and Pellegrini from now till the end of the season...lets hope it's positive though I suspect it'll be negative.

Maybe they'll have Bobby Robson syndrome.

I wonder how many gazillions Pep will want to spend.

Edited by Chicog

That's got to have an affect on the players and Pellegrini from now till the end of the season...lets hope it's positive though I suspect it'll be negative.

Difficult one that. I hope they step up a gear and show they want to play for Pep, as they know he will be watching every game and they'll know he'll be getting a war chest to replace those who he feels don't fit in.

Difficult one that. I hope they step up a gear and show they want to play for Pep, as they know he will be watching every game and they'll know he'll be getting a war chest to replace those who he feels don't fit in.

At the end of the day they are professionals and I shall be surprised if they do not give it their all.

I applaud this early announcement (which is no surprise to anyone) as it takes away uncertainty.

L. Van Gaal must be a little relieved smile.png

• Like 1