Manchester City

mrbojangles

Don't think Jack will be saying this "Still in control of our own destiny" too much now biggrin.png

With regards to Spurs and Arsenal, we are still in control of our destiny.

The Leicester bird has flown. The only saving grace is its in unknown territory.

Regardless if we put in another performance like yesterday, we wont be winning the League this year,

Originally when you said "still in control of own destiny" was you not talking about winning the league ?

When drawn into debate with you Alfie, I wonder is it the Northern/Southern divide or maybe an age gap or are you trolling or just plain daft upstairs?? I dont know the answer, but I will try to answer in ways that hopefully you understandfacepalm.gif

Yes..still in control of our own destiny, related to winning the League this year ( not the CL or the Fair Play League or the Lottery)

Now If we win all our games left, we would only win the League if Leicester drop points, whereas if we win all our games we would finish above Spurs and Arsenal.

So we still control our destiny in winning the League with regards to Spurs and Arsenal but not with Leicester.

I think any normal person would understand the point I am making.

When you was saying "still in control of own destiny" you was obviously talking about winning the League, so now you've lost to Leicester your not in control of your own destiny with regards to winning the league, stop trying to back trap by mentioning Arsenal and Spurs.

Edited by alfieconn

The Leicester bird has flown. The only saving grace is its in unknown territory.

Regardless if we put in another performance like yesterday, we wont be winning the League this year,

Originally when you said "still in control of own destiny" was you not talking about winning the league ?

When drawn into debate with you Alfie, I wonder is it the Northern/Southern divide or maybe an age gap or are you trolling or just plain daft upstairs?? I dont know the answer, but I will try to answer in ways that hopefully you understandfacepalm.gif

Yes..still in control of our own destiny, related to winning the League this year ( not the CL or the Fair Play League or the Lottery)

Now If we win all our games left, we would only win the League if Leicester drop points, whereas if we win all our games we would finish above Spurs and Arsenal.

So we still control our destiny in winning the League with regards to Spurs and Arsenal but not with Leicester.

I think any normal person would understand the point I am making.

When you was saying "still in control of own destiny" you was obviously talking about winning the League, so now you've lost to Leicester your not in control of your own destiny with regards to winning the league, stop trying to back trap by mentioning Arsenal and Spurs.

I give up Alfie, I really do.

Sandwich short of a picnic lad.

If anybody has the patience and a spare hour or 2 to explain my posts to Alfie, feel free.wai2.gif

Don't think Jack will be saying this "Still in control of our own destiny" too much now biggrin.png

Why won't you be winning the league this year? You are still right in the mix. You had an off day. Leicester had a very much on day. Beat us next week, Leicester lose and there you go.

Don't think you will beat us mind!

I really don't think you've seen much of City this season, have you. Against a Norwich or Sunderland at home we can usually get the job done. Against anybody away we seem to be 'mentally challenged' and anything can happen. Against the top teams we don't win. We start games slowly, can't remember how many times we've gone behind, it's almost as though we have to go behind before we wake up. We seem to play in 2nd gear every game and hope for a bit of inspiration to get us a result from Aguero, Yaya or the like. I watch every game, thinking, hoping, that this will be the game when our attitude changes, we start grafting like other teams graft, and with the quality we have, we suddenly start clicking through the gears and put a big run together like past seasons. It doesn't happen, it's frustrating. I'm finding it very hard to see us being champions, in fact I think we need the other teams to blow up. That's the current reality of City.

Do I think we'll beat Spurs next week? Not if we keep playing as we have for months now...but then again maybe Aguero or someone will throw the get out of jail card we've been over using.

]

Carmine. When I'm doing my daily run through the football websites, I usually read facts and opinions (match reports and opinions on what somebody saw) and I try to avoid the speculation stuff (team x will buy this player next season) as speculation is a waste of time. Now most people in the footballing world would say the likes of Rednose, Wenger, Klopp, Mourinho and Pep to choose 5 examples, are top managers. Each one has the ability with a top club, and I'm pretty sure from memory they've all done something with a lower team. I'm not quite sure why the soapbox about Pep, as without doubt he is very talented. His teams win things. They play with a nice 'footballing' style. So until he arrives and we can see what he does with the City squad he inherits and the few players he brings in, why not hold your powder dry. If he doesn't improve us then you can take a pop at pep and City fans.

For what it's worth, I'm not a huge Pep fan (I'm hoping I become one), I also think when your talented its easier to manage a top club, but I reckon he has the ability to make an average club better. I'm not as excited about next season as your average City fan, but I think Pellegrini has done a great job of steadying the ship and has taken the current squad as far as they can and I'm hopeful and reasonably confident Pep will move us forward. Having seen his teams, I would hope he will improve our defence (and I mean the whole team not just the back 4), make the players even more comfortable in possession, and most of all make us a team WITHOUT the ball..competing, and hunting down the ball, like Bayern and unlike this current City team seems unable or uninterested to do. We need him to move us forward because I think we've stagnated.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

"City have not beaten any of the top six sides in the league this season but Zabaleta denied there is a psychological block in the team." - love Zaba, the only City player I'd really love to meet, but can't agree with him, we've lost our pomp against the top sides.

"The ankle problem sustained by David Silva in the defeat took the number of injuries to seven, according to Pellegrini. City host Tottenham Hotspur next Sunday, then travel to Chelsea in the FA Cup the following Sunday, before a trip to Dynamo Kyiv three days later and the Capital One Cup final on 28 February." - The horrible injuries to KEY players goes on.

Zaba says "players unsure of futures because of managerial decision" - Have to agree with him here. Human nature to worry about your future when the boss who likes you is leaving and you don't know if you'll like the new boss or more importantly will you still like it in that club, company, office, etc. I can't see there's a beneficial aspect to the playing staff of all this change and uncertainty.

I'm hopeful and reasonably confident Pep will move us forward. Having seen his teams, I would hope he will improve our defence (and I mean the whole team not just the back 4),

Pep builds his teams from the back with everyone being in k.their right position when they don't have the ball. He only let's them have a free role when in possession and in the last third.

I'm hopeful and reasonably confident Pep will move us forward. Having seen his teams, I would hope he will improve our defence (and I mean the whole team not just the back 4),

Pep builds his teams from the back with everyone being in k.their right position when they don't have the ball. He only let's them have a free role when in possession and in the last third.

Absolutely.

And defending from the front, chasing the ball when we dont have it.

Those players are in for a rude awakening next year.laugh.png

For sure Yaya is gone. He wouldnt last 5 minutes in a Pep team. Neither would Kolarov.

He will bring in a formidable Centre Half.... he likes LaPorte. I think Otamendi wil be ok. Kompany needs to prove the rest of this year that he can stay fit, otherwise he will be off too. I think they will have to try to persevere with Mangala, but he will have to learn quickly. All 4 full backs need replacing.

Silva too, I fear for. Unless he can buy quickly into the Pep way and adapt his game, he will be gone.

I think that both Sterling and Delph will improve under Peps tutelage.

No way will Pep put up with non committed performances like Saturday

Zaba says "players unsure of futures because of managerial decision" - Have to agree with him here. Human nature to worry about your future when the boss who likes you is leaving and you don't know if you'll like the new boss or more importantly will you still like it in that club, company, office, etc. I can't see there's a beneficial aspect to the playing staff of all this change and uncertainty.

Totally disagree with this.

These players need to check their balls are still intact and make a statement...."I am irreplaceable"

Stop worrying about things out of their control. What does it matter if you like the boss or he likes you. If you are good enough you will play, simple as that.

You are under contract earning a sh!t load of money.... do what you are paid for.Play football to the best of your ability!!

• Like 1

My word it already sounds like you've written this season off.

biggrin.png

Not yet. But there have been too many bad bad performances. And now our injuries are mounting up. One more whack on Sergios ankle and we will be screwed.

If we win the league this year, it will probably be the lowest point total . And it will be because Leicester implode.

I am excited for next year though.

Pep Pep Pep it is now,previously Robbie was the messiah who would transform Manchester City F.C.into

a semblance of a football club,keep living the dream and maybe, just maybe, your dreams will be answered whistling.gif

don,t hold your breath though chaps cheesy.gif

City are City and nowt will ever change................no matter what wai2.gif

biggrin.png

I don't think we've written off the season anymore than you guys at arsenal, but I believe in telling it as it is, and things aren't great at City; we've been amazed we've been holding on to the leaders coat tails for so long, as injuries are effecting, and we ain't put a performance together for months.

biggrin.png

I don't think we've written off the season anymore than you guys at arsenal, but I believe in telling it as it is, and things aren't great at City; we've been amazed we've been holding on to the leaders coat tails for so long, as injuries are effecting, and we ain't put a performance together for months.

If injuries are affecting you with your squad think what injuries do to everyone else.

Pep Pep Pep it is now,previously Robbie was the messiah who would transform Manchester City F.C.into

a semblance of a football club,keep living the dream and maybe, just maybe, your dreams will be answered whistling.gif

Have you not been watching football for the last 5 or so years, Peter.

• Like 1

Peter, how can you say "nowt will change" when you and the rest of us have witnessed the calamitous fall from grace United have undergone since Sir RedNose retired to a bottle of whiskey?

United currently sit as a blueprint on how things can change.........and very much for the worse.

To compound matters worse it seems a certain reality that you might well appoint that pig eyed toxic <deleted> Mournho as your coach for next season.

• Like 2

Thought it was very commendable of the City fans yesterday to show solidarity by joining the Liverpool walkout (tongue very firmly in cheek).

You have to walk in before you walk out

Plenty walked in Bob, it was our record attendance at the Etihad.

Would have thought that it would have been a full house !

Edited by alfieconn

Liverpool under-21s were denied a fifth successive Barclays U21 Premier League win as they slipped to defeat against Manchester City at Anfield 0v3.

But City proved too strong and won the game with goals from Ashley Smith-Brown, Brandon Barker and David Faupala.

Citys starting XI was spearheaded by striker Bersant Celina, who had appeared for their first team 24 hours earlier when coming off the bench to set up Sergio Agueros goal in the 3-1 defeat to title rivals Leicester City.

MAN CITY U21s (4-1-4-1): Gunn; Horsfield (M Garcia 58), Kean (Humphreys 46), Adarabioyo, Tasende; A Garcia; Barker, Smith-Brown, Glendon, Bytyqi (Faupala 79); Celina. Subs: OBrien, Kongolo

Thought it was very commendable of the City fans yesterday to show solidarity by joining the Liverpool walkout (tongue very firmly in cheek).

You have to walk in before you walk out

Plenty walked in Bob, it was our record attendance at the Etihad.

Would have thought that it would have been a full house !

It was SOLD OUT and our RECORD ATTENDANCE at the Etihad.

]

Vincent Kompany, Eliaquim Mangala, Kevin De Bruyne, Jesus Navas, David Silva, Samir Nasri and Wilfried Bony...makings of a decent team there..all injured...Spurs must be feeling very confident. Think City need to wrap up and lock in a safe place Aguero and Hart for the weekend.

Vincent Kompany, Eliaquim Mangala, Kevin De Bruyne, Jesus Navas, David Silva, Samir Nasri and Wilfried Bony...makings of a decent team there..all injured...Spurs must be feeling very confident. Think City need to wrap up and lock in a safe place Aguero and Hart for the weekend.

Always best to get the excuses in early biggrin.png

Well only 3 of them would be in your strongest eleven and i'm sure the net 250m you've spent over the last 3 years should make up for them being missing !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1