Manchester City

mrbojangles

If I might just intercede, it is not in your hands.

Technically, it is Leicester's to lose.

Thank you Chic's wai.gif but no doubt he'll come back with some more waffle biggrin.png

Alfie, did you actually learn to read at school?

If so, read my post and then read Chicogs. I know the words are different but the meanings are the same.

Now be a good boy and nob off and bore someone else with your trolling.

If you come back on here, make sure your singular brain cell is with youthumbsup.gif

Thank you Chic's wai.gif but no doubt he'll come back with some more waffle biggrin.png

If so, read my post and then read Chicogs. I know the words are different but the meanings are the same.

If you come back on here, make sure your singular brain cell is with youthumbsup.gif

Right, lets clear this up once and for all, you continually said "Still in control of our own destiny" at this moment in time are you still in control of your own destiny? just a yes or a no please and no waffle wai.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Right, lets clear this up once and for all, you continually said "Still in control of our own destiny" at this moment in time are you still in control of your own destiny? just a yes or a no please and no waffle wai.gif

No Alfie.

When jack said that it was before the Leicester match and at that point, if we had won all of our matches and maintained the goal difference, it wouldn't have mattered what Leicester had done for the rest of the season. Now they have beaten us, we have to rely on them dropping points. Don't see what you was finding so hard to understand.

• Like 1

If you come back on here, make sure your singular brain cell is with you:thumbsup:

No Alfie.

When jack said that it was before the Leicester match and at that point, if we had won all of our matches and maintained the goal difference, it wouldn't have mattered what Leicester had done for the rest of the season. Now they have beaten us, we have to rely on them dropping points. Don't see what you was finding so hard to understand

I know exactly what Jack said and thats why i said

Don't think Jack will be saying this "Still in control of our own destiny" too much now biggrin.pngwhich unless things change again he won't be saying,

So what don't i understand ?

I tell you what Bj so not to bore people further why don't you send me an pm to explain.

Edited by alfieconn

So tell me chaps, will you be happy with a draw next sunday? smile.png

We both need the win Carms. Anything else isn't really of any use to either us or you. Should be a cracker

I'm glad you're at home....should mean you come out fighting...will make for a great spectacle.

As it stands now, would i be happy drawing with Spurs? No, as i expect City's current team to beat to beat Spurs current team (i expect us to beat everybody but that ain;t happening) - but see my recent emails on City letting City fans down this season.

If Spurs are battering City and we sneak a draw - one of those games we've had plenty of this season - then i would be happy with the draw.

How about you Carmine? Will you be happy with a draw next sunday?

As it stands now, would i be happy drawing with Spurs? No, as i expect City's current team to beat to beat Spurs current team (i expect us to beat everybody but that ain;t happening) - but see my recent emails on City letting City fans down this season.

If Spurs are battering City and we sneak a draw - one of those games we've had plenty of this season - then i would be happy with the draw.

Well from my perspective we hope to win every game and rarely play badly these days.

So if we play as I expect and barring an Aguero show I'd expect us to beat you.

A draw however would be no disaster.

My honest opinion is i think we will dominate the game and win convincingly. Nothing else acceptable. We are younger fitter and full of confidence. We beat Leicester easy away from home in the FA cup and frankly i'm happy right now playing anyone, home or away.

My only concerns are injuries to Kane and Alderweirald. if this happens we don't have cover (pulling Dier out of DM is not ideal at all) and we will only have ourselves to blame.

Obviously every team has an off day and could take a hammering but with the workmate and attitude installed by Pochettino this is unlikely as opposed to past seasons when it was always on the cards.

^Your certainly more confident than me

well right now we should be confident. Seven wins and a draw in the last nine and improving every game. Media thankfully is

largely ignoring us and fawning over Leicester whilst they continue this ridiculous carry on with van Gaal.

City look lost at the moment, on a low with a long list of injuries. If Pellegrini can pick his team up to their best next weekend it will say a lot about him and his players.

its been an unusual season so who knows what will happen but right now we should be confident.

well right now we should be confident. Seven wins and a draw in the last nine and improving every game. Media thankfully is

largely ignoring us and fawning over Leicester whilst they continue this ridiculous carry on with van Gaal.

City look lost at the moment, on a low with a long list of injuries. If Pellegrini can pick his team up to their best next weekend it will say a lot about him and his players.

its been an unusual season so who knows what will happen but right now we should be confident.

I agree with that, except its City we are talking about.

The only team I know who can tease and infuriate in equal measures. Who lose when they should win and then when you expect a loss, win easily. Does my head in, but then thats what being a City fan is all aboutlaugh.png .

So we are playing like tools at the moment, we have injuries all over the place and we have the worst record against the top 6 sides.

Therefore we will win 4-1 or 5-1biggrin.png

• Like 1

The only team I know who can tease and infuriate in equal measures. Who lose when they should win and then when you expect a loss, win easily. Does my head in, but then thats what being a City fan is all aboutlaugh.png .

So we are playing like tools at the moment, we have injuries all over the place and we have the worst record against the top 6 sides.

Yes, whilst i'm confident i haven't ruled out something strange happening either!

Yes, whilst i'm confident i haven't ruled out something strange happening either!

Went to this fixture last season while home on holiday. Spurs started the game great and we couldn't get to grips with their lovely link up play in our half; they were cutting through us with ease. Not sure how but we won 4v1, Aguero scored 4 (think he missed a pen...Soldado I remember did miss a pen). Strange game football.

More troubling news as Silva is in Spain to have his ankle looked at. Apparently he won't be available for Spurs. This ankle issue has been going on for awhile and likely explains his lack of form recently.facepalm.gif

Particularly worrisome without KDB as well. Sterling to the middle for Spurs ? Delph pushed up ? Yaya closer to the action with Fernandino and/or Fernando/Delph as a double nickel ?

Any possibility of Pellegrini going defensive and trying to nick three points 1-0 on the back of one magical Aguero moment ? Nah.

When is Nasri back ?blink.png

Silva has had ankle problems for several seasons now. A big loss again in a stop start season of injuries to key players.

With Silva, KdB and Nasri out, where's the invention?

We used to play around the pitch based on nice little triangles by Silva, Yaya and Nasri; we don't seem to ever have players available to do that these days.

I don't rate Sterling in the middle so I'd probably go for Yaya as the 10/advanced midfield player.

Spurs are one of those teams that like to compete and hound the opposition. Everytime this season we've played a team with high energy pressing game (Spurs..Leicester. .Liverpool) we've been caught out. Pellegrini needs to get the players on the pitch who can compete and press...a bit foreign to City I know but don't do and we'll suffer (the only game I can think of where we pressed was sevilla away...with great success). I also reckon until we get the forward players back that maybe we need to concede possession, defend as team and play more on the break.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Silva has had ankle problems for several seasons now. A big loss again in a stop start season of injuries to key players.

We used to play around the pitch based on nice little triangles by Silva, Yaya and Nasri; we don't seem to ever have players available to do that these days.

I don't rate Sterling in the middle so I'd probably go for Yaya as the 10/advanced midfield player.

Spurs are one of those teams that like to compete and hound the opposition. Everytime this season we've played a team with high energy pressing game (Spurs..Leicester. .Liverpool) we've been caught out. Pellegrini needs to get the players on the pitch who can compete and press...a bit foreign to City I know but don't do and we'll suffer (the only game I can think of where we pressed was sevilla away...with great success). I also reckon until we get the forward players back that maybe we need to concede possession, defend as team and play more on the break.

I think I'd like to see this happen but not fully convinced of it. Changing horses in midstream might be too much to ask of this squad. Besides that I very much doubt Pellegrini would go that route anyway. Either way Spurs have shown an ability to adjust regardless of what defensive set up have been thrown at them. Echoing others I wouldn't be too unhappy if City nick a point, which is a sad thing to say this far into the season and playing at home. I'm concerned the wheels might be coming off what with all the injuries, the fixture load and all the Pep talk (those hyper capitalist scum selling City/Pep stuff last week should be drawn and quartered). I hope I'm wrong but Pellegrini has a humongous job at this point to revive City and be competitive down the stretch.

• Like 1

I think I'd like to see this happen but not fully convinced of it. Changing horses in midstream might be too much to ask of this squad. Besides that I very much doubt Pellegrini would go that route anyway. Either way Spurs have shown an ability to adjust regardless of what defensive set up have been thrown at them. Echoing others I wouldn't be too unhappy if City nick a point, which is a sad thing to say this far into the season and playing at home. I'm concerned the wheels might be coming off what with all the injuries, the fixture load and all the Pep talk (those hyper capitalist scum selling City/Pep stuff last week should be drawn and quartered). I hope I'm wrong but Pellegrini has a humongous job at this point to revive City and be competitive down the stretch.

So where shall we meet up Jellybean?

I will try to tolerate your giggling and elbows throughout the match ! How about the place we both know but whose name escapes me ? Where we met for drinks with the fair one.

• Like 1

I will try to tolerate your giggling and elbows throughout the match ! How about the place we both know but whose name escapes me ? Where we met for drinks with the fair one.

You're on...I will be there early.

• Like 1

Well probaly only 3 of your strongest eleven will be missing and i'm sure the net 250m you've spent over the last 3 years should make up for them being missing !

Edited by alfieconn

Well probaly only 3 of your strongest eleven will be missing and i'm sure the net 250m you've spent over the last 3 years should make up for them being missing !

Alfie have you considered changing your name to "Net Spend".whistling.gif

• Like 2

Alfie, either you've posted the exact same post before (and I answered it) or I'm having a massive deja vue moment.

From memory the players out are kompany..mangala..navas..nasri..silva..KdB..Nasri..Bony. some line up that. Every one of those players we use regularly. Kompany (captain)..Silva (merlin)...KdB (merlin apprentice) are starters, Navas is a Pellegrini player, the other 3 would start from the bench. Anyway, so you spend your money on a squad, your limited to the number of players in a squad of shall we say 'a certain level' (you can chuck your english youngsters in)...7 of the squad are injured, we are left with 13 or 14 fit first team squad members (plus some of the EDS kids). That's the reality and whether we'd spent 10m quid or a billion quid, that's irrelevant if your squad loses 1/3rd to injury. Levels the playing for Spurs though ;-)

Alfie, either you've posted the exact same post before (and I answered it) or I'm having a massive deja vue moment.

From memory the players out are kompany..mangala..navas..nasri..silva..KdB..Nasri..Bony. some line up that. Every one of those players we use regularly. Kompany (captain)..Silva (merlin)...KdB (merlin apprentice) are starters, Navas is a Pellegrini player, the other 3 would start from the bench. Anyway, so you spend your money on a squad, your limited to the number of players in a squad of shall we say 'a certain level' (you can chuck your english youngsters in)...7 of the squad are injured, we are left with 13 or 14 fit first team squad members (plus some of the EDS kids). That's the reality and whether we'd spent 10m quid or a billion quid, that's irrelevant if your squad loses 1/3rd to injury. Levels the playing for Spurs though ;-)

Thats enough for a team ain't it ? biggrin.png anyway, to be fair, the krux of it seems to be that your squad just ain't that got the right balance so perhaps you need to spend some more money whistling.gif