Manchester City

mrbojangles

Careful BB or I'll start posting properly again.

You can expect a nice long one on Monday in any case. ;)

Interesting. I deduce from your post that you USED to post more than one liners (I've been a decade on here but don't recall that). Keep to your strengths, one liners are an art form most of us can't do.

Expect you all back here on Monday.

"Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat".

I'd rather nail you all to the cross and watch the blood drain from you in agony.

But that's just me. :P

This game will be a very obvious test of Pellegrini's tactical acumen because he got it woefully wrong against Leicester. Both full back played a suicidal high line leaving the flanks open and the center backs exposed. We beat Leicester easily in the FA cup because Pochettino adopted a system of three at the back so when the fullbacks went forward there was cover across the width of the pitch.

Tomorrow Spurs will be looking the run and press City into the ground, starve them of any time to build from the back and reduce them to long passing upfield. i wonder what the very affable Pellegrini will have in offer?

You haven't been watching Pellegrini much these past years. His tactics comprise solely of picking his most attacking line up and sending them out there to attack the opposition. No more than that really, most the time it's worked, sometimes it's all gone badly wrong. He won't change.

]

With your embarrassment of talent, when fit, he can picks who he wants blindfold!!

I think the bottom line to Pellegrini's inadequacy at the highest level is his seeing inability to make crucial tactical chances during a game.

A prime example was last weekend where his tactics were nought short of appalling.

Careful BB or I'll start posting properly again.

You can expect a nice long one on Monday in any case. wink.png

Interesting. I deduce from your post that you USED to post more than one liners (I've been a decade on here but don't recall that). Keep to your strengths, one liners are an art form most of us can't do.

Expect you all back here on Monday.

"Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat".

We are gracious in defeat. Don't know about humble in victory because Spurs fans have done a great job all season in not digging us up, letting us continue to drift under the radar letting everyone buy into the Leicester "fairytale." Its working too, especially when you have a coach that believes in keeping his comments to a minimum.

Perhaps that graceless pig eyed <deleted> Mourinho could learn something here!

2 big scoring defeats for man city this season have been against teams that 'press'. Liverpool and ?? Us :D so i reckon it wouldn't be unfair or unkind to say that city are any where near effective playing against teams that press

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In fairness to pelligrini all of the.prem have underestimated leicester thought they could take them With their 'better ' players by just going at them and come.unstuck. If it wasn't for vardys extrodinary pace it probably would have been a lot more successful .

This game will be a very obvious test of Pellegrini's tactical acumen because he got it woefully wrong against Leicester. Both full back played a suicidal high line leaving the flanks open and the center backs exposed. We beat Leicester easily in the FA cup because Pochettino adopted a system of three at the back so when the fullbacks went forward there was cover across the width of the pitch.

Tomorrow Spurs will be looking the run and press City into the ground, starve them of any time to build from the back and reduce them to long passing upfield. i wonder what the very affable Pellegrini will have in offer?

You haven't been watching Pellegrini much these past years. His tactics comprise solely of picking his most attacking line up and sending them out there to attack the opposition. No more than that really, most the time it's worked, sometimes it's all gone badly wrong. He won't change.

]

With your embarrassment of talent, when fit, he can picks who he wants blindfold!!

I think the bottom line to Pellegrini's inadequacy at the highest level is his seeing inability to make crucial tactical chances during a game.

A prime example was last weekend where his tactics were nought short of appalling.

As stated, Pellegrini picks his most attacking team and attacks, and relies totally on his players to do it for him. He appears not to worry about the opposition - shades of Wenger - and believes fully in his team. In truth his substitutions have come earlier and improved this season. He won't change his ways.

]

2 big scoring defeats for man city this season have been against teams that 'press'. Liverpool and ?? Us :D so i reckon it wouldn't be unfair or unkind to say that city are any where near effective playing against teams that press

Hate to burst your bubble rijit, but everybody is aware of that. Another major achilles is starting slowly, conceding early and having to chase the game.

In fairness to pelligrini all of the.prem have underestimated leicester thought they could take them With their 'better ' players by just going at them and come.unstuck. If it wasn't for vardys extrodinary pace it probably would have been a lot more successful .

I read Leicester have had the fewest injuries and made the least team changes (or eas it used the fewest players) this season. Fortunate.

Just like who cares about you grizzling all week about your injuries laugh.png

I don't know if you have lost track of where you are posting Alfie but this is the City thread where we can talk about City footballing issues. Our injuries are a big issue to City and on topic. Its a lot more relevant than your Spurs "net spend" posts in here.

Ah yes we see it now Alfredo.

In the end their arrogance wins out.

We are clearly irrelevant to them and they will win the league regardless.

The injury nonsense is a smokescreen anyway...we already know they are down to one injury same as us.

It does leave the excuses a bit thin for them though...my knives are being sharpened ready for young Jellybean!

biggrin.png

Think we need to change the name of this thread to the "excuses thread" smokes, funny thing is we've already beaten them 4-1 this season and i don't think they had 7 injuries then so their excuses were that 2 goals shouldn't have been allowed blah blah blah blah laugh.png

Think you've conveniently forgotten the referring errors which gifted Spurs 2 goals that day.

I know a good optician BB because your obviously having trouble with your eye's and i see you conveniently forgot the wrong ref decision on the City goal (shock horror) biggrin.png

Alfred and Carmine - who is out for Sours this weekend as a matter of interest?

Yep we have 1 first teamer out against your 3 out, anyway be interesting to see the value of the team you put out against the value of our's even with all your injuries whistling.gif

So which "1 first teamer" is out, and which "non-first-teamers-but-players-in-the-squad" are out?

Value again. What are you, an accountant? Who cares.

I don't know if you have lost track of where you are posting Alfie but this is the City thread where we can talk about City footballing issues. Our injuries are a big issue to City and on topic. Its a lot more relevant than your Spurs "net spend" posts in here.

The injury nonsense is a smokescreen anyway...we already know they are down to one injury same as us.

It does leave the excuses a bit thin for them though...my knives are being sharpened ready for young Jellybean!

biggrin.png

I'll bring a flask of arsenic for you !biggrin.png

• Like 1

Right, lets have this right, i thought the idea of you spending 418m pounds on your squad was to have quality cover for injuries and being able to rotate if you have a lot of games to play.

You now have 7 players injured reducing the squad to 17 outfield players and your whinging you can't get a decent team out of that 17 players.

You also imply that the youngsters within your squad are not good enough, when for a long while you've been telling about this great academy that is going to produce players, we won't need to buy,etc etc, and more recently about youngsters who have made their debuts this season who it now seems are not good enough whistling.gif

On a more general theme you fark up every year in the champions league and you have failed to consistently win trophies since the new mob took over.

Taking into consideration the amount of money the owners have pumped into the club it's all a bit of a mess really and makes you wonder where you would be if you didn't have the windfall.

Anyway, no doubt Pep will be given 300m to spend so it looks like exciting times ahead and you can look forward to seeing League title's and Champions league trophies rolleyes.gif

Edited by alfieconn

biggrin.png

Think we need to change the name of this thread to the "excuses thread" smokes, funny thing is we've already beaten them 4-1 this season and i don't think they had 7 injuries then so their excuses were that 2 goals shouldn't have been allowed blah blah blah blah laugh.png

Think you've conveniently forgotten the referring errors which gifted Spurs 2 goals that day.

I know a good optician BB because your obviously having trouble with your eye's and i see you conveniently forgot the wrong ref decision on the City goal (shock horror) biggrin.png

My excuse, I'd just woke up ;-)

0v1 Alfie

Right, lets have this right, i thought the idea of you spending 418m pounds on your squad was to have quality cover for injuries and being able to rotate if you have a lot of games to play.

You now have 7 players injured reducing the squad to 17 outfield players and your whinging you can't get a decent team out of that 17 players.

You also imply that the youngsters within your squad are not good enough, when for a long while you've been telling about this great academy that is going to produce players, we won't need to buy,etc etc, and more recently about youngsters who have made their debuts this season who it now seems are not good enough whistling.gif

On a more general theme you fark up every year in the champions league and you have failed to consistently win trophies since the new mob took over.

Taking into consideration the amount of money the owners have pumped into the club it's all a bit of a mess really and makes you wonder where you would be if you didn't have the windfall.

Anyway, no doubt Pep will be given 300m to spend so it looks like exciting times ahead and you can look forward to seeing League title's and Champions league trophies rolleyes.gif

Don't know about anybody else but I have no interest in answering any of that except

"...and you have failed to consistently win trophies since the new mob took over. Taking into consideration the amount of money the owners have pumped into the club it's all a bit of a mess really and makes you wonder where you would be if you didn't have the windfall..."

Have a look what we've won and where we have finished in the Premier since Spurs last won a trophy and our owners took over, in 2008. Yeah, it's been a bit of a mess really.

Where would we be without the windfall of the Sheiks money? Well nobody can answer what might have been, but I'm pretty sure not where we've been since 2008. Bit of a mess really.

Oh, and one last point, it's been a bit of a mess really.

;-)

]

You forgot they built a new stand and still cannot fill the already adequate seating capacity biggrin.png

And the under 21's got beat by United this week tongue.png

Think you'll find ManU are closing a section of your ground, in the European 2nd competition, because you can't fill it. Glass houses...stones...

Yes your U21s won at home 1v0. Believe that makes you 2nd and us 3rd in the table. Congratulations.

You forgot they built a new stand and still cannot fill the already adequate seating capacity biggrin.png

To be fair MrRed, i think they will always be in your shadow smile.png

Living in your neighbours shadow will be something you Spurs fans will know a lot about eh! Have you ever been the biggest club in Larndon?

Don't know about anybody else but I have no interest in answering any of that except

"...and you have failed to consistently win trophies since the new mob took over. Taking into consideration the amount of money the owners have pumped into the club it's all a bit of a mess really and makes you wonder where you would be if you didn't have the windfall..."

Have a look what we've won and where we have finished in the Premier since Spurs last won a trophy and our owners took over, in 2008. Yeah, it's been a bit of a mess really.

Where would we be without the windfall of the Sheiks money? Well nobody can answer what might have been, but I'm pretty sure not where we've been since 2008. Bit of a mess really.

;-)

]

Thats a very weak answer BB!! Just saying....

And trying to make an argument compared to us, baring in mind the mind boggling amounts of money you have spent. Sorry, it all sounds very limp to me....

For all the oil money spent, their return on the investment is piss poor.

Think you'll find ManU are closing a section of your ground, in the European 2nd competition, because you can't fill it. Glass houses...stones...

Yes your U21s won at home 1v0. Believe that makes you 2nd and us 3rd in the table. Congratulations.

United 13 +22 31 2 Sunderland 14 +16 29 3 Man City 13 +7 21 4 Reading 15 -2 21 5 Everton 13 +3 20 6 Tottenham 16 -1 20 7 Liverpool 13 -3 15

biggrin.pngwai2.gif no we are top BB

And we are not closing any sections for the Europa game.

Your Acadamey team is doing very well though ....hopefully we will see some of them in the first team one day eh?

Edited by MrRed

Stop repeating myths that you fellow RAGs have made up, just to deflect your own problems. I had you down as being more savvy than that.

Last year we had a stadium capacity of 48,000, this year it's 55,000. Here's the facts MrRed. I'll let the picture do the talking.

post-19542-0-49993500-1455342716_thumb.j

• Like 1

;-)

]

So why do you have interest in answering some and not the other part ?

Anyway I'm talking about Man City nothing to do with Spurs,after all we're just a small club with no money so we are not expected to win anything, you might as well have inserted Carlisle instead of Spurs laugh.png

Footnote: sorry carms, only just seen your post above.

Edited by alfieconn

Living in your neighbours shadow will be something you Spurs fans will know a lot about eh! Have you ever been the biggest club in Larndon?

Nope, just like you've never been the biggest in Manchester.

Nope, just like you've never been the biggest in Manchester.

Seems you don't know the footballing history of Msnchester. Do a bit of research...focus on the start of the clubs to WW2. And Spurs? ;-)

Im enjoying Spurs fans coming in here and lecturing us on success and OUR failings..maybe we'll have Newcastle fans on next.

Strange as it seems BB, our little old club has still won more major trophies over our history than your big club has over it's history and thats including trophies you've won since 2008, in fact have a look at the amount of trophies we have both won when we were on a level playing field (i.e.before you won the pools) whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

United 13 +22 31 2 Sunderland 14 +16 29 3 Man City 13 +7 21 4 Reading 15 -2 21 5 Everton 13 +3 20 6 Tottenham 16 -1 20 7 Liverpool 13 -3 15

biggrin.pngwai2.gif no we are top BB

And we are not closing any sections for the Europa game.

Your Acadamey team is doing very well though ....hopefully we will see some of them in the first team one day eh?

1. Congrats on your U21s being top. Interesting to see Sunderland and Reading up at the top.

2. Manchester United to close tier at Old Trafford for Europa League tie due to lack of demand

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/12141437/Manchester-United-to-close-tier-at-Old-Trafford-for-Europa-League-tie-due-to-lack-of-demand.html

3. Top of my head, youngsters that have come through to the first team this season are:

Nacho, Angelino, Besant, Evans, Humphreys, Barker, Garcia...some debuted, some bench.

;-)

]

Thats a very weak answer BB!! Just saying....

And trying to make an argument compared to us, baring in mind the mind boggling amounts of money you have spent. Sorry, it all sounds very limp to me....

For all the oil money spent, their return on the investment is piss poor.

I'm feeling no love on here today (or yesterday) from the Spurs fans. Don't know what we have done to get such a bashing. Maybe pre-fight neves but anyway.

Don't think BB's answer is weak at all Carms, in fact I'm surprised he answered at all. I started to reply to Alfies post myself but ended up thinking what's the point. For instance, anybody who thinks that any teams squad is made up of 24 players and then you simply deduct the injured players and that is what you have left to pick a team from, isn't worth responding to.

I know Spurs fans will be trying shrug off our injuries but let's be fair here. We have 7 key players currently injured and Kompany and Silva who have only just been given the all-clear. In fact, I don't even know if they are fit enough to even start. No matter how much money your club has, you have to admit that having that amount of players out must have an effect. How would Spurs be doing if Kane, Demi Alli and say Eriksen had been missing for long spells?

Im enjoying Spurs fans coming in here and lecturing us on success and OUR failings..maybe we'll have Newcastle fans on next.

Strange as it seems BB, our little old club has still won more major trophies over our history than your big club has over it's history and thats including trophies you've won since 2008, in fact have a look at the amount of trophies we have both won when we were on a level playing field (i.e.before you won the pools) whistling.gif

League:

Winners = Spurs x 2 (last time 1961!) / City x 4 (last time 2014!)

Runners up = Spurs ? / City x 5

FA Cup

Winners = Spurs x 8 (last time 1991!) / City x 5 (last time 2011!)

Runners up = Spurs ? / City x 5

League Cup

Winners = Spurs x 4 (last time 2008!) / City x 3 (last time 2014!)

Runners up = Spurs ? / City x 1

EUFA Cup

Winners = Spurs x 3 (last time 1984!) / City 1 (last time 1970!)

Runners up = Spurs ? / City x 0

Spurs last trophy = Milkybar Cup 2008

City last trophy = League 2014

Conclusion: Spurs better in the cups, City better in the League. Know which I prefer to be successful in...;-)

Not sure the facts back up your statement Alfie.

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue