Manchester City

mrbojangles

Chicog just doesn't get. Playing a game of 90 minutes which can be decided by one refing boob, in this day and age, is pathetic - no I'm talking about any City game before anybody tries to deflect my comment, but about football in general. I want to watch a game which ends with the correct result in accordance with the rules of the game - and that should be the minimum we expect in any sport. None of us want to spoil the game, by slowing it down, making it unnecessary stop-start, but something needs to be done to try to eliminate the frequent wrong ref decisions.

...and if they introduced technology and "the first time it's used involving in City losing" I will not be squealing, how could I if the correct decision was applied.

That game wasn't decided by a "refing" (sic) boob, it was decided by your crap midfield letting Lamentable run through and toe poke the ball to a player who had been left unmarked by your crap defence.

biggrin.png

Nah cant be Crap, How much did it cost? And perhaps it might be time to reconsider lamellas nick name!

What evers said 32 mil. Was 2 much,, and a unwanted burdon for him, but his eye for the cutting pass at crucial moments is helping us to push on.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Chicog just doesn't get. Playing a game of 90 minutes which can be decided by one refing boob, in this day and age, is pathetic - no I'm talking about any City game before anybody tries to deflect my comment, but about football in general. I want to watch a game which ends with the correct result in accordance with the rules of the game - and that should be the minimum we expect in any sport. None of us want to spoil the game, by slowing it down, making it unnecessary stop-start, but something needs to be done to try to eliminate the frequent wrong ref decisions.

...and if they introduced technology and "the first time it's used involving in City losing" I will not be squealing, how could I if the correct decision was applied.

That game wasn't decided by a "refing" (sic) boob, it was decided by your crap midfield letting Lamentable run through and toe poke the ball to a player who had been left unmarked by your crap defence.

biggrin.png

The game might not have been decided by giving the pen but I didn't realise we were playing Golf and being handicapped by giving a team a goal start.

As for our defence. Bladdy rubbish all season but looked a tad better with Vinny back in the fold. I think Pep should be given a gazillion quid to sort it out biggrin.png

biggrin.png

The game might not have been decided by giving the pen but I didn't realise we were playing Golf and being handicapped by giving a team a goal start.

As for our defence. Bladdy rubbish all season but looked a tad better with Vinny back in the fold. I think Pep should be given a gazillion quid to sort it out biggrin.png

I think he will be, to buy half the Bayern and Barca sides.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

I didn't say that the City vs Spus was decided by a "refing" (sic) boob, if that's what you're thinking.

And the point of my post was that it's ridiculous to play a sport which after both clubs endevours and the fans pay good money to watch, can be wrongly settled by one wrong ref decision and therefore something should be done about it like they've introduced in to the equally fast-flowing sport of rugby.

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

What will City think of next to try and buy an advantage in the league?

biggrin.png

Confused. What was the last thing City thought of "to try and buy an advantage in the league"?

A billion pounds worth of players.

biggrin.png

A billion pounds worth of players eh; I must have missed the news of FFP being scraped.

]

biggrin.png

I think he will be, to buy half the Bayern and Barca sides.

biggrin.png

Let's hope Pep cherry picks the best of Barca and Bayern, but while we could always do with better players, it's playing as a unit (the likes of Aguero will have to defend from the front, loading areas and hassling, etc) which I'm sure we'll benifit most from Pep; under Bobby Manc and Pelle it's been very much a team containing an attack and a defence.

]

Interestingly I was listening to TalkSport on the way to work this morning and they had a guest on who was talking about the "Hypothetical" league should video technology have been used. The guest was Harry Pratt, a sports writer who has been with several tabloids and skysports. Yes, he supports the use of technology but he ain't no City fan

So thought I'd look it up when I got home. Below is how the table "hypothetically" would look (prior to this weekend) if video replays had been used for only "big calls". Before you comment, please read the notes of how they applied video replays, in particular point 3 about slowing the game down http://thehpl.net/what-is-the-hpl-and-how-it-works/

I'd love to see how these even themselves out.

Hypothetical babble and based on opinion.

You really are clutching at straws, aren't you?

A weekly Matchday review of the crunch calls is compiled by father and son outfit, Harry and Louis Pratt, using expert punditry opinion, gathered from Sky Sports, Match of the Day, BT Sport, TalkSPORT etc., to assess the rights and wrongs. Where this is unavailable, split or missed, HP and LP may intervene with deciding vote.

Any penalties awarded retrospectively by HPL are considered scored.

You are your ilk are going to ruin football.

When fans can't celebrate goals until the video ref has approved them, the game is doomed.

Rubbish, course the fans will celebrate...You never watched rugby? In rugby a try (goal) is scored, the fans celebrate the try (goal), ref decides for whatever reason he wants to check the validity of the try (goal) so he requests the video refs input, less than a minute is taken to validate the try (goal) and take the conversion kick (kickoff) or the try (goal) is not given and the ref restarts in accordance with the rules of the game. Simple and quick AND RESULTS IN THE CORRECT DECISION AND RESULT.

BB, if you think you lost that game because of a poor penalty decision you are in a state of delusion. We went into that game confident, well organized and fitter, held possession better passed more and never looked like the underdogs. we largely controlled the midfield, Silva contributing little, neither Toure, bar some dreadful fouls deserving of yellow cards and our second, whilst clinical was aided by sloppy, naive defending. It was always up to City to make the running as you needed the three points more than us and you simply didn't.

I'll let the neutrals make of it what they will.

• Like 2

BB, if you think you lost that game because of a poor penalty decision you are in a state of delusion. We went into that game confident, well organized and fitter, held possession better passed more and never looked like the underdogs. we largely controlled the midfield, Silva contributing little, neither Toure, bar some dreadful fouls deserving of yellow cards and our second, whilst clinical was aided by sloppy, naive defending. It was always up to City to make the running as you needed the three points more than us and you simply didn't.

Mate,they are handed a free stadium and billions to spend and they cry over the ref getting a decision wrong, awwwww didums we really feal for them. Edited by nev

Mate,they are handed a free stadium and billions to spend and they cry over the ref getting a decision wrong, awwwww didums we really feal for them.

No we didn't. Get your facts right nev and stop listening to myths.

As for the ref decision. Well, you have just admitted it was a wrong one, so I think we are entitled to talk about it, in the same way we have talked about poor performances from some of our players..

Mate,they are handed a free stadium and billions to spend and they cry over the ref getting a decision wrong, awwwww didums we really feal for them.

As for the ref decision. Well, you have just admitted it was a wrong one, so I think we are entitled to talk about it, in the same way we have talked about poor performances from some of our players..

it was the wrong decision, end off but what i hope it highlights is the need to address the seeming grey area surrounding this. How many of us actually have it clear in our minds what legal here or illegal. Not many i'd say.

fact that Sterling wasn't even looking in the same direction said enough for me!

All that said, City would be much better off addressing far more pressing issues than a bad refereeing decision, because ultimately as i said in my post before, it would be very remiss to believe that decision lost you the game.

• Like 1

it was the wrong decision, end off but what i hope it highlights is the need to address the seeming grey area surrounding this. How many of us actually have it clear in our minds what legal here or illegal. Not many i'd say.

fact that Sterling wasn't even looking in the same direction said enough for me!

All that said, City would be much better off addressing far more pressing issues than a bad refereeing decision, because ultimately as i said in my post before, it would be very remiss to believe that decision lost you the game.

Totally agree that there are many unclear areas about how to interpret the laws. And non of us have said that decision cost us the game but giving you a goal start ain't ideal. You have been lucky with decisions in both matches against us this year.

Can't blame the ref or lack of video replays.

A video replay would not have awarded the penalty and a video replay would have shown Aguero to be on-side which was wrongly given off-side. The resulting free kick led to Spurs second goal. Ironic really, as Spurs where given 2 clear off-side goals by Clattenburg in the game at WHL.

Now that you've hopefully calmed down bj lets have a serious discussion about this :

a. Even if Arguero was onside he wasn't in a goalscoring position.

b. The resulting free kick did not lead to a Spurs goal, in fact after the free kick was taken Toure ran away with the ball only to be tackled by Dembele who in turn laid it into Lamela.

I have now watched it on 4 different TV Broadcast's.

Cth and Astro with the same commentary whereby the commentator and co-commentator said, "extremely tight" "margins as fine as that"

BBC no mention of the incident

Sky, Nial Quinn ( ex goon, ex man city) said it was level.

Of the post match discussions not once was the incident mentioned on any of the above, now i deem from that that either the decison was correct or if it was incorrect then the broadcaster deemed it in irrelevant.

So for you and Bein to conclude that it was definitely offside ( Bein being an Arab broadcaster) i am going to have to accuse both of you being bias.

The reason i asked about the camera being in line is because the way i see it on calls as close as this it is impossible to call unless you / Camera are directly in line with the players,, which in this case they were not.

Did you find any pics of the incident by the way ?

Rubbish, course the fans will celebrate...You never watched rugby? In rugby a try (goal) is scored, the fans celebrate the try (goal), ref decides for whatever reason he wants to check the validity of the try (goal) so he requests the video refs input, less than a minute is taken to validate the try (goal) and take the conversion kick (kickoff) or the try (goal) is not given and the ref restarts in accordance with the rules of the game. Simple and quick AND RESULTS IN THE CORRECT DECISION AND RESULT.

No I don't watch it, because it's boring and it's ruined by shi'ite like video refs.

And half the time the video is inconclusive anyway, and the refs actually *gasp* have to make a decision.

sick.gif

• Like 2

No I don't watch it, because it's boring and it's ruined by shi'ite like video refs.

And half the time the video is inconclusive anyway, and the refs actually *gasp* have to make a decision.

sick.gif

is right. anyone using rugby to justify anything in football has already lost the argument anyway. stupid bloody egg-chasing posh nonsense.

• Like 2

Which number post did I say or infer that City "lost that game because of a poor penalty decision"? I don't believe I did.

In one one post I referred to us not being good enough (as we've been since September). In another I posted generally that the least you should expect when watching sport is the rules are applied correctly.

sick.gif

is right. anyone using rugby to justify anything in football has already lost the argument anyway. stupid bloody egg-chasing posh nonsense.

Absolutely, peanut hugging rubbish.

sick.gif

Not a rugby fan eh.

The pointsis, if the ref in rugby can't make a decision based on what he saw (he thinks he knows what happens but wants confirmation something happened or didn't happen (for your information as you dont watch rugby, the ref refers it to the video ref with a clear question of something like "any reason why the try can't be awarded" if he thinks its a try should be awarded), and the video ref reviews the video footage based on the question. If the footage is inclusive the video ref can't confirm try can be awarded. If it can't be seen on video and ref is not positive, then try is highly unlikely to be awarded. In football the ref is supposed to ref on what he or his officials saw...don't see or not sure then don't guess.

sick.gif

post-19652-0-42164200-1455605464_thumb.j

And the Bredbury-styled "Best player in premiership history" being unable to hit a cow's ar$e with a handful of rice?

Explain.

I don't think that needs any explanation.

Does actually but go on I'll make a few assumptions. One is obviously your comment is aimed at me. Second i assume your comment is referring to Aguero. Third is you believe i referred to Aguero as the "Best player in premiership history". I don't even believe Aguero is the best player at the Etihad.

Good god man, you have the memory of an amoeba.

Weren't you the one saying David Silva was God?

biggrin.png

So you mean Silva and not Aguero as I presumed; see you should have explained when first asked as your original post isn't clear is it.

So you're saying that I once posted that Silva is the "Best player in premiership history". Don't believe I've ever made that statement verbally to anyone or in writing anywhere. Making it up again aren't you! Show me where I posted that statement on Silva otherwise we'll all take it as Chicog bullshiting again!

Oh

Oh I forgot to mention you pay rent so its not free just subsidised by Manchester residents.

How much do you pay a year?.

We didn't get a free stadium, and as a local you probably know that already.

Sport England wished to avoid creating a white elephant, so they insisted that the City Council agree to undertake and fund extensive work to convert CoMS from a track and field arena to a football stadium, thereby ensuring its long-term financial viability. Sport England hoped either Manchester City Council or Manchester City F.C. would provide the extra £50 million required to convert the stadium to a 65,000 seater athletics and footballing venue with movable seating. However, Manchester City Council did not have the money to facilitate movable seating and Manchester City were lukewarm about the idea.

The stadium was designed by Arup Associates and constructed by Laing Construction at a cost of approximately £112 million, £77 million of which was provided by Sport England, with the remainder funded by Manchester City Council.

The stadium, originally proposed as an athletics arena in Manchester's bid for the 2000 Summer Olympics, was converted after the 2002 Commonwealth Games from a 38,000 capacity arena to a 48,000 seat football stadium at a cost to the city council of £22 million and to Manchester City of £20 million.

Manchester City F.C. have leased the stadium from Manchester City Council since moving from their Maine Road ground in the summer of 2003.

From the wonderful world of Wiki

;

&So you're saying that I once posted that Silva is the "Best player in premiership history". Don't believe I've ever made that statement verbally to anyone or in writing anywhere. Making it up again aren't you! Show me where I posted that statement on Silva otherwise we'll all take it as Chicog bullshiting again!

Of course I'm paraphrasing for convenience, but you opened a thread that essentially said "David Silva is the best player in the Premiership and I'll disagree with anyone who posts otherwise".

Well now he's shit.

Just to remind you:

Why didn't you just entitle this arbitrary thread "David Silva is probably the best player ever which is what you'd expect from someone who earns 160 grand a week and cost 38 million euros".

<Yawn>

Edited by Chicog

Oh

Oh I forgot to mention you pay rent so its not free just subsidised by Manchester residents.

How much do you pay a year?.

As BB has said. We gave them Maine Rd and Platt Lane in exchange, plus we stumped up over 20 mil. That most certainly isn't giving us anything for free.

Also, as Maine Rd's capacity was 35,150, we agreed that we would pay a % of ticket sales over 35,150.

Also, who do you think paid for last years expansion and the ongoing expansion. Who do you think paid for the 80 acre academy as well as rejuvenating a run down area of Manchester and putting jobs back into the community?

United is built on an industrial estate with no community around, so you don't really care about that do you

Also, who do you think paid for last years expansion and the ongoing expansion. Who do you think paid for the 80 acre academy as well as rejuvenating a run down area of Manchester and putting jobs back into the community?

Some rich Arab.

• Like 2

Some rich Arab.

Yep and not the local council or residents. Keep up Chiccy

&So you're saying that I once posted that Silva is the "Best player in premiership history". Don't believe I've ever made that statement verbally to anyone or in writing anywhere. Making it up again aren't you! Show me where I posted that statement on Silva otherwise we'll all take it as Chicog bullshiting again!

Of course I'm paraphrasing for convenience, but you opened a thread that essentially said "David Silva is the best player in the Premiership and I'll disagree with anyone who posts otherwise".

Well now he's shit.

Just to remind you:

Why didn't you just entitle this arbitrary thread "David Silva is probably the best player ever which is what you'd expect from someone who earns 160 grand a week and cost 38 million euros".

No, you were not paraphrasing for convenience, you were BULLSHITTING FOR EFFECT but you're not big enough to admit it.

FACT - I NEVER once posted that Silva is the "Best player in premiership history".

FACT - Last year I opened a topic titled "Who has been the best player in the English leagues over the past 5 seasons" in which I nominated David Silva.

FACT - Best player in the premier HISTORY and best player in the english premier league OVER THE PAST 5 SEASONS is not the same in fact they are very different.

Don't make up what YOU THINK someone said. Try admitting it when you're wrong.

You're forgiven ;-)