Manchester City

mrbojangles

Interesting article (defending Pellegrini)

Manchester United and FA damaged the Cup more than Pellegrini ever did

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/24/manchester-united-fa-cup-pellegrini-manchester-city-chelsea-everton

What utter rubbish, I got to rested Rooney, he was injured so only Carrick and Ronaldo rested, Ronaldo needed a rest at that stage, the writer gas never written anything possitve about united he hates us, if he had done some research he would have found out Rooney was injured, so how is resting 2 players disrespecting the Fa cup.
The articles comments page would be a good place to put the journo right about the errors in his piece. You owe it to your club to put this wrong right, so get right on this...jump to it. Edited by Bredbury Blue

Interesting article (defending Pellegrini)

Manchester United and FA damaged the Cup more than Pellegrini ever did

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/24/manchester-united-fa-cup-pellegrini-manchester-city-chelsea-everton

What utter rubbish, I got to rested Rooney, he was injured so only Carrick and Ronaldo rested, Ronaldo needed a rest at that stage, the writer gas never written anything possitve about united he hates us, if he had done some research he would have found out Rooney was injured, so how is resting 2 players disrespecting the Fa cup.

Van de Sar, Neville, Scholes, Giggs, ronaldo, Rooney (injured but who played a few days laterwhistling.gif ), Evra, Fletcher.......all regulars who didnt play.

At least get your facts right nev.

Resting 2 players!!!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good win that.

Scoreline could have been so much better.

Couple of enalties we should have had, couple of easy chances missed.

Thought Kompany was excellent and for me MOM was Fernando.

Dont like Fernandhino stuck out there on the right and I dislike Sterlings "Amos Brierleys" even more.

Type of game that Yaya thrives in. Slow pace, no pressure on him. He can do that all day long.

Excellent performance - haven't said that much this season - really enjoyed it. Could easily have been a 4 or 5 nil victory. At 60 minutes and 0v2 up cruising, and then they got the heavily deflected goal. Hart saved us at 80 mins. Yaya should have headed in with minutes to go...I was feeling so disappointed at that stage we hadn't killed it...then a brilliant move with a classic Yaya finish for 1v3. Great poachers finish by Aguero for 0v1, brilliant Aguero-Sterling- Silva move for 0v2. Some excellent performances with Fernando and Silva standing out. Well played City!

^One of the few players who played for City and United and is loved not loathed by both blue and reds. First time round for us my oldn man says he was brilliant. 2nd time round for us I saw him a lot as I was going home and away, and though I don't remember him being that great, we have that golden memory of THE GREATEST BACKHEEL IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL TM. It's often reported that THE GREATEST BACKHEEL IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL TM was his last kick in football but in fact he played in the following preseason Texaco Cup games away at Blackpool, away at Sheffield United and home against Oldham (I went to all 3 games)

Happy Birthday Denis!.

First time I saw him I was 11 years old at Main Rd (my cousin took me he was/is City daft) playing for Torino in a pre-season friendly (part of the deal in the transfer from City) and when he signed for United in 1961 for £115,000 which was a British record at the time I saw him make his debut for the Reds and that,s how my allegiance came about,he was stabbed in the back at United by Tommy Doc and went to City but was only a shadow of the player he once was due to recurring knee injuries,it was ironic that his back-heel goal against the Reds would ultimately send then down into the then second division.

Great player in great footballing times and a nice man also.

p.s. Good performance from City last night,a kind draw in the semis and who knows thumbsup.gif

Good win that.

Scoreline could have been so much better.

Couple of enalties we should have had, couple of easy chances missed.

Thought Kompany was excellent and for me MOM was Fernando.

Dont like Fernandhino stuck out there on the right and I dislike Sterlings "Amos Brierleys" even more.

Type of game that Yaya thrives in. Slow pace, no pressure on him. He can do that all day long.

agreed Jack.

• Like 1

More than happy with that result. Bossed it for most of the game. In the main I thought we played out a good strategic game, letting them have the possession when they had it at the back but pressing hard as soon as it got to the midfield.

As Jack and BB have said, we could have had several more.

Funny isn't it, how we aren't playing our best football and yet because that useless seeding system has gone, we look like we will progress further this time than when we were playing better.

Well worked by City and barring a nightmare at home will progress to the next round. So nice to see a sharp Silva and see Kompany make it through knock free. Still suspect defensively at times though.

As somebody else mentioned it would be great to see Sterling eliminate the simulation. I'm hoping Pep will lay down the law about that tomfoolery next season.

Well worked by City and barring a nightmare at home will progress to the next round. So nice to see a sharp Silva and see Kompany make it through knock free. Still suspect defensively at times though.

As somebody else mentioned it would be great to see Sterling eliminate the simulation. I'm hoping Pep will lay down the law about that tomfoolery next season.

Stop your nonsense.

You just need to send him for better acting lessons over the summer. ;)

Nice to see my whistle is working again.

That'll be another penalty for us this weekend. :D

You work for your luck...never forget that Citeh.

:lol:

The spine of City's team for the past 5 seasons Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero.

In Kiev on Wednesday it was just the second time since August that they have all played together. They all played well; the tean played well. Need them to stay fit and to get some of the others back.

• Like 1

The spine of City's team for the past 5 seasons Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero.

In Kiev on Wednesday it was just the second time since August that they have all played together. They all played well; the tean played well. Need them to stay fit and to get some of the others back.

If we could add KdB and Fernandinho to that core for the remainder of the season, I'd be happy with any other 4 from the rest of the squad.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/?NoMobileRedirect=true&id=64bdb311-d45c-4ef8-aa95-280893cf5d90

Are you Blues old enough to remember the '76 League Cup run and final win vs Newcastle?

Went to all the home games and final.

Had a very clear view of Martin Buchan's "tackle" on King Colin which killed his career - Colin's description here of the explosion in this knee makes gory reading...Asa Hartford took over and totally dominated ManU as a very pissed off City team took out their frustration after Colin was stretchered off (Bell's comeback was probably the most emotional moment I've seen at City).Always liked Newcastle fans since that final as they were very fair and appreciative after the game (in the car park getting back to the coach...could have been a scarey walk for this school kid but they were great).

I am at odds with our manager again this weekend.

Joe Hart should be in goal this weekend and NOT Willy Wonka.

Surely you pick your best available team>? Sad for Willy, but he is getting well paid and he isnt our number 1 keeper.

Using Pellegrinis train of thought, is he going to play Demichelis rather than Kompany? I doubt it.

Look like Pep has got one of his players.....LaPorte on his way. Gundogan is another who is coming and I think they will do their upmost to get Neymar.

I doubt if we will get any of Bayerns players, even though Pep would take Alaba and Alcantara in a heart beat.

Busquets is an outside bet for a move.

I hear a lot about Pogba, but I think he is too much of a fancy Dan footballer for Pep.

Surely you pick your best available team>? Sad for Willy, but he is getting well paid and he isnt our number 1 keeper.

Using Pellegrinis train of thought, is he going to play Demichelis rather than Kompany? I doubt it.

Totally with you jack. It's barmy, did Pelle not watch Willy's performance last week. Liverpool must be rubbing their hands.

Totally with you jack. It's barmy, did Pelle not watch Willy's performance last week. Liverpool must be rubbing their hands.

I think this is Pelles biggest weakness. Too nice a guy and lets his heart rule his head.

I know he has a special bond with Willy after their time at Malaga, but in football you have to be ruthless at times.

The correct footballing decision is Joe Hart should play and unfortunately he wont.

A lot of dreaming going on on this thread especially about the players gladys is going to bring with him...oh how the times have changed i thought you was already the best team in the World lol,