Manchester City

mrbojangles

On 11/23/2016 at 3:27 AM, petermik said:

Absolutely smokie,as it is of now their record in Europe is better than ours......good luck to them or whoever :thumbsup:

Absolute mystery as to why they have not won the Premiership yet,26 bloody years for a club of their standing..........if you were a betting man what odds would you have got for predicting that :sad:

18 hours ago, MrRed said:

Bollorcks to that i dont want city or the dippers winning anything full stop.

Red

Neither do I if the truth were told,but if I replied in that manner to smokes it would put me in the same bracket as the ABU,s on here,and I like to think us reds have a little more class than that.

khao jai mai :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, petermik said:

Red

Neither do I if the truth were told,but if I replied in that manner to smokes it would put me in the same bracket as the ABU,s on here,and I like to think us reds have a little more class than that.

Still whining on about your old "ABU's" are we....YAWN, change the record

All that tells me is that despite three years in decline you are still all too full of your own importance.....

As a Tottenham supporter i can assure you we don't give a monkeys about you lot.  Our attention is on Arsenal, Chelsea and the pikeys from the east end.  You are nothing to us so get over yourselves.:smile:

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, carmine said:

All that tells me is that despite three years in decline you are still all too full of your own importance.....

Two trophies in the cabinet this year,not bad for a side in decline......remind me again when was the last time a trophy found its way down White Sh yte Lane :cheesy:

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

To be fair, I think Pep and the lads just did the required for qualification. There wasn't any urgency to get a winning goal and they seemed happy to secure the draw. 

You bet MrB. I do wish at times that Pep would settle on an eleven he is comfortable with and ditch some of the more "elaborate" formations. OTOH its still very early and a long way to go. I also wish he would stick Nacho up front with Aguero and funnel the attack through the middle more often. Seems some of Silva's talent for orchestrating is going to waste. And while I'm complaining, I'm over Navas. His pace, nice as it is, all too frequently leads nowhere.

All still a work in progress to be sure.

• Like 1

Kompany out for 6 weeks. Aguero and Zabaleta questionable for Burnley.

Looks like we are going to be hunting for a central defender. I can't see Sagna as a centre-back save for an emergency. Clichy ? Out of the question. Kolarov already is a liability.

Not much craft and guile in this team...needs minimum one from Silva KDB Gundogan

Manchester City Team vs BurnleyBravo, Sagna, Otamendi, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernandinho (c), Fernando, Yaya Toure, Sterling, Nolito, AgueroSubstitutes: Caballero, De Bruyne, Silva, Zabaleta, Navas, Sane, Iheanacho 

With that lineup I think I'll have to put my ideas about the "best eleven" to bed for awhile ! Pep is going to rotate and rotate and I'm hoping by January he'll be doing a bit less of it. In for a penny in for a pound !:post-4641-1156694572:

And, I don't have the game on TV.:annoyed:

Improved a little during the game and should have put those chances away. Goalkeeper keeping them in the game. But we look awful defending...can't keep a clean sheet (say it aint so Joe (Hart)). Sterling letting us down today, swap him for KDB.

Not very enjoyable watching City of late (except for Barca)...it's a real struggle.

Hope by now Pep has realised how difficult the Premier is. Toughed it out. Sterling poor. Sane has no confidence. Robbie Savage sounded so disappointed with City winning - how he gave MOM to Aguero I don't know (Robinson). City's MOM was Fernando or Fernandinho. We ain't playing well but we're still keeping up with the leaders.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hope by now Pep has realised how difficult the Premier is. Toughed it out. Sterling poor. Sane has no confidence. Robbie Savage sounded so disappointed with City winning - how he gave MOM to Aguero I don't know (Robinson). City's MOM was Fernando or Fernandinho. We ain't playing well but we're still keeping up with the leaders.

Some of your buys just bemuse me tbh

Three points on the road always welcome. Despite concerns, City are much better on the road than last season.

Despite my puzzling about all the rotating it was nice to see Silva get a rest. He's looked a bit weary lately.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sane has no confidence.

Agreed with the rest of your post except this bit. Considering his few starts, I like Sane and more importantly, his potential.

Overall, poor performance but i'll take the 3 points. Don't forget, a few players playing out of their normal positions and a few players rested.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Considering his few starts, I like Sane and more importantly, his potential.

I like Sane as well. Lots of potential. Not to beat a dead one trick pony, but I'd like to see more of him on the right and less of Navas.

37 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

That early penalty shout should have been awarded, 2-nil and Burnley might have got something from that. Jammy sods.

Yeah deffo penalty that BB. We got away with that one. TBH, the ref was pants. Giving Otamendi a yellow for accidental handball at the half way line but not giving a yellow when a Burnley player did the exact same thing.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2016 at 0:00 PM, petermik said:

Red

Smokie wouldnt understand you anyway he is a sweaty and dines on smokies and whiskey for breakfast.

I have come to the conclusion that the Abu tag is very real and even more so since we have been in transition ...Ahhhh!! good to get that one on and class is permenant.