Manchester City

mrbojangles

MrBj you'll like this.
https://footballshirtcollective.com/blogs/football-shirt-collective/122982471-my-favourite-football-shirt-david-conn

I'm the same as David Conn, love that City shirt but I also love the red n black shirt which was the first City kit I ever received and the first City scarf I ever bought myself (always used older brothers scarfs up till then) was the red n black one
[Nev, bought it from Edgerley Sports near County's ground, do you remember it?]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfie...you are one of the 3 muppets I have on ignore so I don't have to read your irritating posts, however if somebody quotes you then I have no choice but to read your posts. Seems you're not familiar with the wonderful ignore function. Read and learn muppet.

Screenshot_2017-01-26-11-31-35.png

no no no, you still don't have to read them you muppet even if it's in a quote :cheesy::cheesy: 

P.s and stop using my words think of your own :biggrin:

48 minutes ago, MrRed said:

Why would you have Alfie on ignore?

I find him to be one of the most educated posters on this forum and he consistently offers honest and unbiased views on all teams threads,he makes me feel intellectual.

I LOVE the 3 stooges thread Moe Larry and Curly aint got nothing on them

Love in :smile:

Which one is which??? Defo Alfie in the middle!

Healthywealthy.jpg

He has me on ignore cos i make him look silly, bit defeatist really, like running away from a fight  but that sums him up !

Edited by alfieconn

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

MrBj you'll like this.
https://footballshirtcollective.com/blogs/football-shirt-collective/122982471-my-favourite-football-shirt-david-conn

I'm the same as David Conn, love that City shirt but I also love the red n black shirt which was the first City kit I ever received and the first City scarf I ever bought myself (always used older brothers scarfs up till then) was the red n black one

Aye lad things were hard in them days, even had to use my brothers scarf and it was a boiled egg for breakfast between 14 of us aye :biggrin: 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

MrBj you'll like this.

Yeah, I'd say that was my all time favourite. I also bought a few years back the white shirt with the black and red horizontal stripe. That's one of my favourite "newer" style shirts.

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

(9.5 years in to Pep's management career,) how Pep’s achievements at the age of 46 compare to other modern managerial greats...not too shabby

http://www.squawka.com/news/how-pep-guardiolas-achievements-at-the-age-of-46-compare-to-other-modern-managerial-greats/881009

Much more impressed with JM. What he did at Porto was leiecesteresque and he made Chelsea. He's been great for football and has had a much harder journey management wise and his current task was not mapped out for him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

(9.5 years in to Pep's management career,) how Pep’s achievements at the age of 46 compare to other modern managerial greats...not too shabby

Counts for nowt BB,your only concern is what he does at Citeh in the future......"taking us to another level" was one of the comments a blue moaner posted at the time of his appointment :whistling:

He was great at Barcelona......and Keith Hill (just 4 you BJ) would have done well with the players they had :thumbsup:

He moved on to Bayern who were European Champions at the time. but failed to retain the title under his management :unsure:

Now he,s in the Prem and our league is far more intense than Germany or Spain as he is realising now,will he come to terms with it is anyones guess, but do not start sprouting about his past achievements until he has won top titles here :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Counts for nowt BB,your only concern is what he does at Citeh in the future......"taking us to another level" was one of the comments a blue moaner posted at the time of his appointment :whistling:

He was great at Barcelona......and Keith Hill (just 4 you BJ) would have done well with the players they had :thumbsup:

He moved on to Bayern who were European Champions at the time. but failed to retain the title under his management :unsure:

Now he,s in the Prem and our league is far more intense than Germany or Spain as he is realising now,will he come to terms with it is anyones guess, but do not start sprouting about his past achievements until he has won top titles here :thumbsup:

The phrase you seek is "flat track pony".

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can confirm Truevisions ch28 does show 3hrs of CityTv every Friday night at 1.30pm. ..it's in thai...currently showing the spurs game. Seems Pep is called Peparella (or similar) by the thai commentator.

I have EPL live matches on a Vietnamese channel and some pronunciations are a bit skewiff. Ibrahimovic is just Ibra.

"Counts for nowt BB,your only concern is what he does at Citeh in the future."

You are right, it counts for nowt. You could be a genius manager but move to another club or league and do nowt there. I posted as I thought it showed his pedigree against his peers.

"He was great at Barcelona......and Keith Hill (just 4 you BJ) would have done well with the players they had...".

Well Rijkaard did bugger all in the 2 seasons prior to Pep taking over and rejuvenating Barca, and so it's a fact that Rijkaard couldn't do it "with the players they had". It therefore doesn't follow that the great Keith Hill or any other manager "would have done well with the players they had".

Suggest some of you lot need to read up on your Pep and Barca facts.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I agree with your statements on what he did with Porto and Chelsea.

I think signing Zlatan is up there. It might kick rooney on in terms of longevity and he's a great role model in many respects it's a cantona move so I reckon a bit of argy bargy could happen too.  Master stroke

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Counts for nowt BB,your only concern is what he does at Citeh in the future."

You are right, it counts for nowt. You could be a genius manager but move to another club or league and do nowt there. I posted as I thought it showed his pedigree against his peers.

"He was great at Barcelona......and Keith Hill (just 4 you BJ) would have done well with the players they had...".

Well Rijkaard did bugger all in the 2 seasons prior to Pep taking over and rejuvenating Barca, and so it's a fact that Rijkaard couldn't do it "with the players they had". It therefore doesn't follow that the great Keith Hill or any other manager "would have done well with the players they had".

Suggest some of you lot need to read up on your Pep and Barca facts.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: outside yourself nobody is bloody interested about "Pep and Barca facts"

get a grip BB :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Even the great Keith Hill has been sacked once

Barry

You know and I know that once you get over Blackstone Edge and into tyke territory you taking a huge gamble,cricket and rugby league they understand but football no,never in a million years :whistling:

Hilly thought that at Barnsley he could show them (and other yorkies) how football should be played but they simply could not grasp his ideas so bye bye...............their loss and The Dale,s gain :thumbsup:

my apologies to other readers who may not understand........BJ will :jap:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Much more impressed with JM. What he did at Porto was leiecesteresque and he made Chelsea. He's been great for football and has had a much harder journey management wise and his current task was not mapped out for him.

go bac and look  a t porto b4 jm  , they were the toppish team in that lge for ?? b4 murry took over,

NONE of the current managers imo justify  'great' to get to that u need to succede at both ends of the scale not just with bundles of cash to buy the best or your way out of the 'shit' porto had one meid table ish season b4 mutrry joined them and they were arguably THE top team in portugal for ? years b4 .  ferguson did it , clough did it could it have been argued that peirson would have justified a 'great ' tag  , ,bar from him being a gobby <deleted> and getting the boot, with what HE SET UP at leicester, it was 100% by raniere's admitance  HIS  set up AND his team that won the league , were now seeing ranieris team and current nouse..