Manchester City

mrbojangles

Man City starting XI:

Caballero, Sagna, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Toure, Delph, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Jesus

Substitutes: Bravo, Zabaleta, Fernando, Nolito, De Bruyne, Stones, Navas

Let's hope Kompany's jinx for driving over a black cat is over.

Now that's a young front 3...our future. Jesus through the middle to get on the cross (sorry, I'll let myself out).

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

go bac and look  a t porto b4 jm  , they were the toppish team in that lge for ?? b4 murry took over,

NONE of the current managers imo justify  'great' to get to that u need to succede at both ends of the scale not just with bundles of cash to buy the best or your way out of the 'shit' porto had one meid table ish season b4 mutrry joined them and they were arguably THE top team in portugal for ? years b4 .  ferguson did it , clough did it could it have been argued that peirson would have justified a 'great ' tag  , ,bar from him being a gobby <deleted> and getting the boot, with what HE SET UP at leicester, it was 100% by raniere's admitance  HIS  set up AND his team that won the league , were now seeing ranieris team and current nouse..

I think my Leicester point has been taken a bit litrually. I was referring to back 2 back European triumphs in Uefa and CL by JM that was a feat and a half.

Agree Pearson laced that track. 

JM is a great manager IMO he may get itchy feet he may go wayward but most do. He gets teams in a winning shape and I'd settle for that.

25 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

go bac and look  a t porto b4 jm  , they were the toppish team in that lge for ?? b4 murry took over,

NONE of the current managers imo justify  'great' to get to that u need to succede at both ends of the scale not just with bundles of cash to buy the best or your way out of the 'shit' porto had one meid table ish season b4 mutrry joined them and they were arguably THE top team in portugal for ? years b4 .  ferguson did it , clough did it could it have been argued that peirson would have justified a 'great ' tag  , ,bar from him being a gobby <deleted> and getting the boot, with what HE SET UP at leicester, it was 100% by raniere's admitance  HIS  set up AND his team that won the league , were now seeing ranieris team and current nouse..

I disagree that if you think Ranieri has flopped. He has one eye on the unthinkable as do his team and the one player who made a big difference (Kante) has gone. He was smart enough not to stir the pot on his arrival and it paid dividends. It's a hangover season in some ways and what they did is pretty much out there on its own so I think providing Ranieri keeps Leicester up he will have a clean slate to work with whatever happens and then it will be his head on the block.

Couldn't get a single stream anywhere for today's game, so had to listen on the radio.

Sounded like a routine day at the office, professional display and some good performances from the young ones. Nice to see Kompany getting 90 minutes in. Will have to try and get some replay somehow but it isn't looking hopeful

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Couldn't get a single stream anywhere for today's game, so had to listen on the radio.

Sounded like a routine day at the office, professional display and some good performances from the young ones. Nice to see Kompany getting 90 minutes in. Will have to try and get some replay somehow but it isn't looking hopeful

I should have sent you a link, a mate of mine was streaming from Selhurst on Periscope. 

Thanks to a member on here, just got to watch some brief highlights.

First goal was a sublime pass by Jesus and Sterling took it really well. Shame he couldn't do that last week!!

Second goal was set up beautifully by Silva and Sane finished it off with ease and confidence. I like this lad

Third goal was a typical Yaya free kick. There was no stopping that beauty

Just now, BangrakBob said:

I should have sent you a link, a mate of mine was streaming from Selhurst on Periscope. 

Wish you had Bob. Had 3 City mates round at mine and for the first time this season couldn't get it on anything. We attacked my homebrew though :smile:

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I think i really like this post!!!!!

https://youtu.be/BnMFq-MJEoE
BBC highlights

Three cracking goals. Jesus defence-splitting pass, Silva carrying the ball 60-70m and putting the ball on a plate, and yaya freekick.

Good to blood Sane and Jesus, Delph and Kompany back, and the novelty of a City goalkeeper making a save. Main men from the reports I've read were Silva, Yaya and Kompany.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I take it from that comment that you must have played 4 or 5 from the academy :shock1:

Edited by alfieconn

MrBj I share your frustration. I couldn't get Radio Manc to fire up for me so had to resort to following the BBC and Telegraph updates while watching BT Sport chat show on a very poor ilikehd reception - it was worth it to see if Chris Sutton would snap and take out the most biased wobbie Savage (<deleted>)...sadly he didn't as Sutton was radiating in non-league Lincoln's wonderful victory over Championship leaders Brighton (result of the day wobbie).

There was a controversial moment around the yaya foul you can see in the highlights clip I posted. Yaya had just been booked and wobbie, Hartson and others thought it was a red. Howard Webb disagreed. Webb controversially stated that not all yellow card moments are equal. When pressed on it he said if a team had had 4 yellows and there was a sense of injustice from the booked team and their fans which might get out of hand and consequently the ref might lose control, the ref might try to regain greater control by taking the opportunity to book one of the opposing team once a bookable offence rose so that he regained total control. Interesting.

"And so to Monday evening and the comedy gold which has become our involvement in domestic cup draws.

Will City's current run of being drawn TWELVE times against Premier League rivals in the last 15 draws continue?

Will TV's favourite Stretford Galacticos series of being pitted against lower league opposition in ELEVEN of their last 14 draw participations endure?

All will be revealed!"

9 minutes ago, petermik said:

And what academy is that alfie :whistling:

Oh that would be the Academy that was going to start producing  some great youngsters and therefore they wouldn't have to go into the Transfer market to buy so many players ! 

On another point seems that they are getting desperate. 

Manchester City news: Premier League looking into Academy transfers after rival clubs make rule breach allegations

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-news-transfers-premier-league-investigation-academy-a7438521.html

Edited by alfieconn

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Oh that would be the Academy that was going to start producing  some great youngsters and therefore they wouldn't have to go into the Transfer market to buy so many players ! 

On another point seems that they are getting desperate. 

Manchester City news: Premier League looking into Academy transfers after rival clubs make rule breach allegations

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-news-transfers-premier-league-investigation-academy-a7438521.html

You do wonder what the attraction is....Citeh haven't brought through any decent players into the Premiership yet.

That school must be good...did you attend mrboj/BB? :biggrin:

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Huddersfield Town CEO Julian Winter confirms that Aaron Mooy will not be able to play against Parent club Manchester City"

Read somewhere that Aaron Mooy is off to a new club. Maybe more news today.

14 hours ago, smokie36 said:

You do wonder what the attraction is....Citeh haven't brought through any decent players into the Premiership yet.

That school must be good...did you attend mrboj/BB? :biggrin:

They studied at the academy of gentlemen,sadly not managing to pass any exams however :clap2:

Not sure what Alfies rant about our Academy / our finances / our owner / etc is about this time, maybe when spurs win somwthing with their wonderful Academy / finances / owner / etc ill give him sometime but as that doesn't look likely anytime soon...

JacknDenny said he went to that school. My school played them at football so I've played there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not sure what Alfies rant about our Academy / our finances / our owner / etc is about this time, maybe when spurs win somwthing with their wonderful Academy / finances / owner / etc ill give him sometime but as that doesn't look likely anytime soon...

JacknDenny said he went to that school. My school played them at football so I've played there.

Is that the same jackndanny  who you bored to death and now he's gone AWOL :biggrin:

• Like 1