Manchester City

mrbojangles

Continuing ignoring carminrs comments.

The Guardian today on Sterling "A change of manager has brought a change in fortunes, with the player’s form improving to such an extent that he has arguably been City’s most consistent performer this season."

Sterling is for sure having a decent season than last, and it helps that Pep plays him on the right (he's poor on the left) but most most consistent I'm not so sure. It's been a strange season and nobody has really stood out as being The Man. In recent weeks Silva has improved. Sane since Arsenal has been the player to watch. Now I'm struggling. So with 2 months left I really can't pick a player of the season.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Don't know what Pep's done to upset you Carms but you do like having a dig at him. I love his style of football, unfortunately we haven't got a squad who can execute it to the full yet. Give him time to build his own team.

Dont spoil the fun!!

Nothing against as such although having listened to him going on about his trophies was extremely irritating and i find him a petulant child in interviews when he is unsettled by certain questioning.  I stick by everything i have said about him and contend that no one has yet to counter me with a plausible answer against.  Rather than bark on about his achievements theres a long list of players and ex coaches who he should be thanking for, imho being the most extraordinary recipient of others hard work and genius.

I expected him to underwhelm this season which is entirely understandable in his first season and wait to see what he's really made of.

Now i'll wait to see what nonsense BB is going to offer!

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The Guardian today on Sterling "A change of manager has brought a change in fortunes, with the player’s form improving to such an extent that he has arguably been City’s most consistent performer this season."

Sterling is for sure having a decent season than last, and it helps that Pep plays him on the right (he's poor on the left) but most most consistent I'm not so sure. It's been a strange season and nobody has really stood out as being The Man. In recent weeks Silva has improved. Sane since Arsenal has been the player to watch. Now I'm struggling. So with 2 months left I really can't pick a player of the season.

Bravo, because theres really no answer is there.  But, being my usual magnanimous self, i'll be giving him till the end of next season.  Going to have to spend big though because you need a Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, ect ect ect  

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Follow my lead MrBj and don't waste your time with camine and his hate of Pep; he doesn't like him or rate him and nowt anyone can say will change him.

Hate a big, evil  word and when used in such context is very silly indeed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Follow my lead MrBj and don't waste your time with camine and his hate of Pep; he doesn't like him or rate him and nowt anyone can say will change him.

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Hate a big, evil  word and when used in such context is very silly indeed.

BB

What you don,t understand is the said gentleman follows Spuds and after nearly 60 years searching unsuccessfully for a championship winning trophy bitterness( yes and hatred) creeps in,Liverpool,City and United up in the heartlands of football and Spuds vastly superior north London rivals Arsenal followed lately by Chelsea have,by and large, dominated english football,it must be heartbreaking for the poor chap so please try and show a little more consideration towards him :wai:

Just now, petermik said:

BB

What you don,t understand is the said gentleman follows Spuds and after nearly 60 years searching unsuccessfully for a championship winning trophy bitterness( yes and hatred) creeps in,Liverpool,City and United up in the heartlands of football and Spuds vastly superior north London rivals Arsenal followed lately by Chelsea have,by and large, dominated english football,it must be heartbreaking for the poor chap so please try and show a little more consideration towards him :wai:

Morning Pete, on it a bit early today...must be the weekend.

You must have loved Roy Keane's down to earth spot on assessment of Mourinho didn't you!!  Why should you have to listen to Jose's garbage? :smile:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think Sterling has been the one success story for Pep. Still I hope Raheem continues his shiiite form against Liverpool. Surely though that must end sometime, just hoping it's not Sunday.

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Oh dear ! apparently the City posters are already working on their excuse's for next season, the odd's on favourite is the scouser's old chestnut "we're in transition" :sad: :biggrin:

Yeah that statement wasn't thrown around much on the Spurs thread once you realised you'd spent 100 million on bag of shiiiite a few years back. :laugh:

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah that statement wasn't thrown around much on the Spurs thread once you realised you'd spent 100 million on bag of shiiiite a few years back. :laugh:

I'm not too sure you can have a pop at anyone for spending money on a load of <deleted> Bobby boy :biggrin:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It initially looked that way didn't it!  But then of course further down the line money was recouped on the mistakes (very fortuitously i'll admit with Soldado, but half his expense was unmet add ons, so clever business by Levy) and have a think about how much young Eriksen is worth now, baring in mind he cost 11m?!!

Scored an own goal with that post Bob!!  However, the worry now is what on earth is going on with Lamela.  Now that is a strange one.  He's become an important part of our midfield but not played since october.  If it is just a bad long term injury then his money will be recouped further down the line too but if its something else then we have problems.

Edited by carmine

On 3/17/2017 at 6:53 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

^Defoe defo deserves a squad place.

Yeah thats it....the national team....building for the future....LOL

He had his chance fifteen years ago.  The futures with the likes of Rashford.  

When are we ever going to learn from the europeans!!!

1 hour ago, carmine said:

It initially looked that way didn't it!  But then of course further down the line money was recouped on the mistakes (very fortuitously i'll admit with Soldado, but half his expense was unmet add ons, so clever business by Levy) and have a think about how much young Eriksen is worth now, baring in mind he cost 11m?!!

Scored an own goal with that post Bob!!  However, the worry now is what on earth is going on with Lamela.  Now that is a strange one.  He's become an important part of our midfield but not played since october.  If it is just a bad long term injury then his money will be recouped further down the line too but if its something else then we have problems.

Initially it looked that way? It still looks that way now.  

I'm not talking about balancing the books, I'm talking about Spurs writing the book on how to spend 100 M in a window and send your team backwards. 

Yeah thats it....the national team....building for the future....LOL

He had his chance fifteen years ago.  The futures with the likes of Rashford.  

When are we ever going to learn from the europeans!!!

I don't have a problem with him including Defoe if he is the one in form. A good team is always well balanced with youngsters and experience

9 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm not talking about balancing the books, I'm talking about Spurs writing the book on how to spend 100 M in a window and send your team backwards. 

Yep spent 104m in season 13/14 and dropped one place from the previous season.

So how far backwards did your mob go when you spent 117m in season 14/15 ?  obviously your talking about our mob going backwards as your club are an expert on the matter :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We didn't turn up 1st half but were decent 2nd half vs Monaco. So hard to say Bob. Hoping Yaya is reinstated, Pep got that wrong badly..less gungho we might have had a better chance. Should be a good game against our bogeyteam - why is that?

It's payback for the Sterling offside at the Etihad in the year of the slip. Fuckin 10 yards on side all pissin' day. 

16 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You're going to need a bigger shovel Bob!!

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't have a problem with him including Defoe if he is the one in form. A good team is always well balanced with youngsters and experience

Yet the countries that actually win european and world cups do the opposite and bar the odd rare exception have been doing the opposite for years.  

I'm sure they think our attitude to bringing back the golden oldies is hilarious.  I for sure do.

"As a piece of fiction, a film about a former Nazi paratrooper who becomes a hero of English football might struggle to convince audiences. But the true story of Manchester City goalkeeper Bert Trautmann has inspired a major movie that begins shooting this summer." A huge favourite/hero to a generation of blues, including my old man.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Yet the countries that actually win european and world cups do the opposite and bar the odd rare exception have been doing the opposite for years.  

I'm sure they think our attitude to bringing back the golden oldies is hilarious.  I for sure do.

Klose 36 at the time, Schweinsteiger 30 at the time, Lahm 31 at the time, were all in the German winning team for the 2014 World Cup. Don't know what the average of the German team was but they weren't full of youngsters.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Klose 36 at the time, Schweinsteiger 30 at the time, Lahm 31 at the time, were all in the German winning team for the 2014 World Cup. Don't know what the average of the German team was but they weren't full of youngsters.

yep lets all pick the exceptions to the rule rather than understanding the general policy.  Its the English way and its failed since 1966.  

Anyone gentlemen can quote exceptions to the rule.  Thats my opinion anyway.

btw MrB, why have you thrown Lahm into the equation?  All you are doing is enhancing my argument.  he started really young in the national set up and never left it till he was old.  Unlike the FA bringing back has bins into the fold after long breaks in oblivion.

Edited by carmine

yep lets all pick the exceptions to the rule rather than understanding the general policy.  Its the English way and its failed since 1966.  

Anyone gentlemen can quote exceptions to the rule.  Thats my opinion anyway.

btw MrB, why have you thrown Lahm into the equation?  All you are doing is enhancing my argument.  he started really young in the national set up and never left it till he was old.  Unlike the FA bringing back has bins into the fold after long breaks in oblivion.

Hunger and Desire.

Defoe has that in abundance and that is a great example too. I'm pretty sure Defoe is great for team spirit. In his own words- "definitely" 

It raises hopes for other players approaching twilight zone and experienced heads are needed amongst the younger lads. Rooney fouled up so much during WC preps etc, his head could never have been in the game. Super injunctions whilst SA WC was commencing and a long list of BS personal issues which dogged his and England's chances should not be forgotten. 

I like Defoe but at the end of next season he is not likely to be playing EPL football week in week out. Gray will be; either at Burnley or elsewhere. Defoe has had his chances for England and has fallen short.

Is Gray good enough for England? Pick him and find out.