Manchester City

mrbojangles

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You really haven't got a clue have you. Or are you just being argumentative for the sake of it?

Success from a Academy is when your consistently bringing through players into the first team,  until that happens your probably best to stop harping on about it as all that talking means nothing :biggrin:

Manchester City's owners have bought Uruguayan side Atletico Torque.The club play in the Second Division of the Uruguayan league and have had two top-six finishes in two years.The City Football Group already owns clubs in Australia, Japan and the United States and the purchase of Atletico Torque is seen as a way of increasing scouting in South America.City have also entered a collaboration agreement with Atletico Venezuela of the Primera Division of Venezuela.CFG chief executive Ferran Soriano said: "We are pleased to take this next step in our football development operations."The investment in CA Torque enables our organization to build on existing connectivity in Uruguay and helps to expand the options for identifying and developing local and South American talent."This move also provides us with an administrative hub for our pre-existing scouting operations in the region and provides a footprint for City Football Group in South America."CFG owns MLS outfit New York City, A League Melbourne City, and J League Yokohama F Marinos.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

until that happens your probably best to stop harping on about it as all that talking means nothing :biggrin:

You Southerners certainly have a different view of the word "harping on". I wasn't harping on, I merely replied to Champers post and said it takes time.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Success from a Academy is when your consistently bringing through players into the first team,  until that happens your probably best to stop harping on about it as all that talking means nothing :biggrin:

Also, from your analogy, where you can only "harp" on once you are successful, shouldn't you Spurs lot stop harping on and maintain silence in your thread until you actually win something :laugh:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You Southerners certainly have a different view of the word "harping on". I wasn't harping on, I merely replied to Champers post and said it takes time.

Also, from your analogy, where you can only "harp" on once you are successful, shouldn't you Spurs lot stop harping on and maintain silence in your thread until you actually win something :laugh:

You don't harp on about your academy :cheesy: how many times do you think you have mentioned  your academy in the last couple of years ? sorry the new Academy :clap2:

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Shouldnt it be:
Success from a Academy is when your consistently bringing through players into the first team OR sell on and make a profit

And now your going to tell us which one you've done out of the two :cheesy::cheesy:

35 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You don't harp on about your academy :cheesy: how many times do you think you have mentioned  your academy in the last couple of years ? sorry the new Academy :clap2:

Alfie, you are the world champion at "harping on" I couldn't possibly come anywhere near your achievements

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Alfie, you are the world champion at "harping on" I couldn't possibly come anywhere near your achievements

To be fair, i certainly have reason to harp on about what our academy  is doing now :whistling:  but you harp on about what your academy might do in the future, see the difference ?  anyway  have you taken over from Mystic ? :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We've won plenty thanks, in fact even more than yourselves and that's with all your money :cheesy:

51 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair, i certainly have reason to harp on about what our academy  is doing now :whistling:  but you harp on about what your academy might do in the future, see the difference ?  anyway  have you taken over from Mystic ? :cheesy:

Funny how nobody else laughs at your quips. They must be funny in your mind though

Anyway, to be fair I don't remember bringing up (as in starting) many conversations about our academy. In the main I only mention them in a response to someone else bringing up our academy. I would hardly class that as harping on.

40 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

in fact even more than yourselves and that's with all your money :cheesy:

So when we got our money in 2008, what have you won?

And please don't list the Feyenoord Jubileum Tournament in Holland in 2008

^Feyenoord Jubileum Tournament in Holland in 2008. 

I thought you'd made that up till I googled. Twice you've cracked me up tonight MrBj.

Enjoy the Hull game you lucky man! And get that kid of yours one of those 20 quid retro shirts on sale in the clubshop. ;-)

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Shouldnt it be:
Success from a Academy is when your consistently bringing through players into the first team OR sell on and make a profit

So anyway, how is this seasons achievements thus far seen in Bredbury World?

19 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Keep me out of the AlfieConn debate on City's Academy...been there, done that. Next.

So, how is City and Pep's progress this season in Bredbury World?  Regression or progression?

^Thanks for asking.

For me mainly progression with some regression.

We're far more exciting and a better team going forward under Pep than Pellegrini but defence remains a major concern. Goalkeeper wise we definitely regressed and has cost us many points. Jesus, Sane and Gundogan are progression but we regressed further at fullbacks and should have sorted that out. Stones looks like a good un and IF we can just get vinny back we're sorted central defence. Silva is back to his best and has progressed in his deeper role - 300 games this weekend, bargain, genius! Sterling has progressed under Pep. Aguero looks like he's upped his game and stopped being a lazy barsteward since Jesus.

It hasn't quite happened this season. If football matches could be won on points like boxing we'd be top as we continually better teams but as Pep says we lose to the better teams in the boxes.

I'm VERY optimistic about next and subsequent seasons under Pep.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2017 at 7:57 PM, alfieconn said:

Revolutionizing  !!!!!  they are not doing anything different to any other football academy .  

Basing success on being better than Utd's academy :cheesy::cheesy:

United's academy does bring young players through; so does Spurs and Arsenal. City and Chelsea are not committed to bringing youth players into the first team. City's academy is little more than a community project that gives the owners' brand good PR.

Leading 1v0 at HT to a fortuitous own goal, City playing pretty football,  making one or two chances but not good again' in the boxes'. Silva bossing it. Aguero looking interested. Stones playing for 2 men as navas clueless at fullback - get him off. It's not as though Hull have parked the bus. Not good enough. ..I was bored during that half. Get kdb on.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Apart from silva's brilliance running the game. Apart from delph's cracking goal. Honestly i was bored. Good to see delph MOM and 2nd good game after 2 years of injury problems. The team that finished that game looked like our B team. Bravo had nowt to do except called on once; slightly deflected but not good enough attempt to keep it out. Yawn.

On 4/5/2017 at 7:11 PM, mrbojangles said:

You started off your previous post by saying we upgraded the complex. The plans got put forward a couple of years after our new owners took over and the Platt Lane End facility got an upgrade whilst the new campus was being built. This wasn't merely an upgrade, it was a complete re-build, a new philosophy, a new strategy, more investment and the new Etihad Campus opened in December 2014. All of this, to me suggests you haven't been following (and why should you) what has been happening at our academy. There is just no comparison to what we had before.

The main success about the academy is the total change of attitude about Man City from the kids. Years ago, all the kids wanted to go to the United academy and why shouldn't they, they were winning everything. However, things have changed, United aren't winning as much, our training facilities and schooling are better than Uniteds and young kids are choosing City's academy over United. Even Ex-united players are sending their kids to City.

You can't rush 5 and 6 year old kids through the academy, this will all take time for the crop who started at the new academy to pop out at the other end and the one's who are starting to pop out are doing well. I'm quite patient about it, our owners are patient and have shown how serious they are by investing huge sums, so I don't know why you are so impatient to want results now.

This is also worth a read :- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/29/how-manchester-city-are-revolutionising-the-entire-football-acad/

There's been some cracking comments on here in the past but this has to be the best :

You can't rush 5 and 6 year old kids through the academy :clap2:

• Like 1