Manchester City

mrbojangles

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Based upon the reports I've been reading all season, the impression i got from them was that the media considered Aguero has had a bad season, but if i'm wrong on that then i'm fine with it.

Yh the press tried to light a match with all the uncertainty that comes with a new boss but your man answered them and I'd like to see him with the record under his belt as he's been sensational and made it look pretty normal and created expectations for himself. If he's there next year I reckon he beats his season PB.

We were sweating a bit in the end.

Had a lot of tough decisions to make did the ref.

For the silva goal I thought sterling's body was marginally off, he made a movement towards the ball, goalies view wasn't blocked, goalie couldn't get to the ball therefore sterling wasn't interfering and goal correctly given.

There was an angle of mahrez from which he looked outside the box therefore no penalty should have been given. Bit of look that he double kicked the penalty - never seen that before.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

You got away with that one lads, some appalling refereeing again today. 

Apart from the dodgy first goal, in which arguably Sterling became active, even though not in the line of goalie, I think the rest of the decisions went against us Bob.

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Apart from the dodgy first goal, in which arguably Sterling became active, even though not in the line of goalie, I think the rest of the decisions went against us Bob.

Yeah the getting away with it part was relating to that goal and the 2 touch penalty. You could have easily come away with nothing.

The refeering part was that Sterling goal and the Leicester penalty for a foul a good metre outside the box.

Basic, easy decisions, horribly wrong again. 

Very sad to see Zaba leaving but the time is right. "Zabaleta has made 332 appearances since signing for £6.5m from Espanyol the day before it was announced that Sheikh Mansour was the club’s new owner and he made his debut for City in September 2008" - bargain!

One of my favourites. No more black eyes and bleeding for City. An adopted Manc now with accent to match.

404A4E3200000578-4503232-image-a-18_1494722734511.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Very sad to see Zaba leaving but the time is right. "Zabaleta has made 332 appearances since signing for £6.5m from Espanyol the day before it was announced that Sheikh Mansour was the club’s new owner and he made his debut for City in September 2008" - bargain!

One of my favourites. No more black eyes and bleeding for City. An adopted Manc now with accent to match.

404A4E3200000578-4503232-image-a-18_1494722734511.jpeg

The time was right 3 years ago, that's where you've been going wrong  :unsure:

Zabaleta = leaving.

Jesus Navas = please leave. Can run all day fast but nothing more. Reported being offered a contract...no.

Willy Caballero = took winning the league cup for us to like him. contract as backup to NEW goalie ok otherwise leave.

Gael Clichy = lost his pace. Leave!

Bacary Sagna = leave 

Yaya Touré = I always feel more confident with yaya playing. Go-to man. well worth a year contract.

Joe Hart, Eliaquim Mangala, Wilfried Bony, Samir Nasri or Jason Denayer = All will be leaving.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Zabaleta = leaving.

Jesus Navas = please leave. Can run all day fast but nothing more. Reported being offered a contract...no.

Willy Caballero = took winning the league cup for us to like him. contract as backup to NEW goalie ok otherwise leave.

Bacary Sagna = leave 

Yaya Touré = I always feel more confident with yaya playing. Go-to man. well worth a year contract.

Joe Hart, Eliaquim Mangala, Wilfried Bony, Samir Nasri or Jason Denayer = All will be leaving.

If so you be spending in the region of 750m this summer!   :shock1:

Even your best players 31yo isn't he?

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Zabaleta = leaving.

Bacary Sagna = leave 

Yeah agree with all of that. There was talk of renewing Navas contract. Yaya is definitely worth another year.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Reported we'll be spending 200m. Think replacing Silva like for like will be impossible.

Why would you need to spend such an obscene amount of money when you have the genius Guardiola in charge, because i'm reliably informed his achievements had nothing to do with managing the greatest club side this planets ever seen?

He also reckons you are the most creative side in the league!  

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

STUPID POST OF THE DAY ALERT!

"Why would you need to spend such an obscene amount of money when you have the genius Guardiola in charge..."

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

STUPID POST OF THE DAY ALERT!

"Why would you need to spend such an obscene amount of money when you have the genius Guardiola in charge..."

That didn't take long for a bite!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

With such a genius in charge like Poch when will Spurs win something: when will Poch break his duck and win something.

Te he.

I suppose when we can produce homegrown kids for nothing that turn out better than the world class mercenaries you lot spend hundreds of millions on.  

Poch can't buy success, he has to earn it.

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We were sweating a bit in the end.

Had a lot of tough decisions to make did the ref.

For the silva goal I thought sterling's body was marginally off, he made a movement towards the ball, goalies view wasn't blocked, goalie couldn't get to the ball therefore sterling wasn't interfering and goal correctly given.

There was an angle of mahrez from which he looked outside the box therefore no penalty should have been given. Bit of look that he double kicked the penalty - never seen that before.

Consensus of opinion on Goals on Sunday from looking at the slow mo's was that Sterling should have been deemed to be offside as he was making a move towards the ball thus interfering with play.

Mahrez was bought down by Clichy in the box and that the resulting 2 touch pen should have been re-taken.

52 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Mahrez was bought down by Clichy in the box and that the resulting 2 touch pen should have been re-taken.

It's not a game of best out of 3, alfie. You can't keep on taking them till you score.

The penalty taker caused the infringement and according to Law 14, the opposition takes an indirect free kick from where the infringement took place.

And no matter how much you slow down or speed up the foul, Mahrez was outside the box.

Sterling's we were lucky to get away with as he did become active.

More reason to bring in video tech ASAP.

Fair play to Bobby Madeley for getting it correct, unlike in Italy this year where the ref didn't see the double touch and it affected the result: Sassuolo 0 - 1 Milan

http://www.dutchreferee.com/bacca-touching-the-ball-twice-at-penalty-kick/

Edited by Bredbury Blue

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Fair play to Bobby Madeley for getting it correct, unlike in Italy this year where the ref didn't see the double touch and it affected the result: Sassuolo 0 - 1 Milan

http://www.dutchreferee.com/bacca-touching-the-ball-twice-at-penalty-kick/

Off topic but what a game between leipzig and munich yesterday robben is a machine

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

It's not a game of best out of 3, alfie. You can't keep on taking them till you score.

The penalty taker caused the infringement and according to Law 14, the opposition takes an indirect free kick from where the infringement took place.

And no matter how much you slow down or speed up the foul, Mahrez was outside the box.

Sterling's we were lucky to get away with as he did become active.

More reason to bring in video tech ASAP.

No no no nothing to do with the double touch, the presenter's and guest bought it to everyone's attention that the Gk was a yard off his line and 2 City player's were in the box before the double touch even occurred  :sad:

Edited by alfieconn

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Off topic but what a game between leipzig and munich yesterday robben is a machine

Saw the end of it. The manager must have gone crazy afterwards. How can you be 4-3 up on 90 mins and lose 4-5 in extra time. Rhetorical question cos they did

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

No no no, the presenter's and guest bought it to everyone's attention that the Gk was a yard off his line and 2 City player's were in the box before the double touch even occurred  :sad:

Who was the presenter? Garry Linneker per chance