Manchester City

mrbojangles

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Just woke up to hear the news of a bombing at Manchester Arena (just 2 miles from the Etihad). R.I.P to those who died in this cowardly attack on innocent people.

When I went to City last month, anyone with a bag was searched but it wasn't the most stringent of searches. However, that was going into the stadium, there really isn't much security where people congregate outside. With so many people attending football matches they really are a soft target for these cowards and I think it really is only a matter of time before something terrible happens at a UK ground. 

The potential for mass mayhem is really quite frightening, moreso now that stadiums are getting larger. The security services have done a fine job keeping the lid on things over the past 12 years or so but 2 atrocities in short order show how vulnerable to attack the country is.

• Like 1

It's emerged that Pep's wife and 2 daughters where at the concert the other night. Apparently Pep was in shock but his family don't appear to have been injured. Thoughts particularly to the kids and hope there is no long lasting mental trauma

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It's emerged that Pep's wife and 2 daughters where at the concert the other night. Apparently Pep was in shock but his family don't appear to have been injured. Thoughts particularly to the kids and hope there is no long lasting mental trauma

Good lord. I would have been out of my mind.

At the beginning of this season I asked the question of you City fans "what do you consider as success in Pep.s first season" BJ wisely chose not to answer,I explained further (in my honest opinion) why he might struggle coming to terms with the intensity of the Premiership having been used to coaching at clubs who were already outstanding in their own countries with limited opposition.

On their day with a fully fit Kompany and Silva City are a joy to watch and more than a match for anyone in the Prem.....sadly you have grossly underperformed this season.

Next season is a big one for Pep and City,is he good enough.....or will your owners lose patience,time will tell :whistling:

• Like 2

On 05/22/2017 at 6:11 AM, mrbojangles said:

Man United decling again. Looks like nobody wants to watch them anymore :laugh:

yeah its a shame, used to like watching their european nights and made an effort to see them, but

ATm highlights will do.

On 05/22/2017 at 0:26 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

The Pep and Yaya long embrace on Yaya's substitution looked ominous...give him a contract!

From whats reportedly gone on in the past, 100% he's after the large  pay check so  he'll go and  maybe  to china?

6 hours ago, petermik said:

At the beginning of this season I asked the question of you City fans "what do you consider as success in Pep.s first season" BJ wisely chose not to answer,I explained further (in my honest opinion) why he might struggle coming to terms with the intensity of the Premiership having been used to coaching at clubs who were already outstanding in their own countries with limited opposition.

On their day with a fully fit Kompany and Silva City are a joy to watch and more than a match for anyone in the Prem.....sadly you have grossly underperformed this season.

Next season is a big one for Pep and City,is he good enough.....or will your owners lose patience,time will tell :whistling:

I think the biggest mistake he made was his Hart decision and when you show very little regard for a player who has been through thick and thin. Maybe he should have got him onside from the outset. As a team mate surely seeing that is going to unnerve you and then he admits on tv "I am still learning" which shows he knew he was not in a comfort zone like at munich and barca and yet he unhinged his own team like that. If Hart had been there a lot of the losses would not have happened and I think you could have been fighting right till the end.

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

On their day with a fully fit squad ManU are still not a joy to watch.....you have grossly underperformed this season.Next season is a big one for Maureen and ManU,is he good enough.....or will your owners lose patience,time will tell.

Whats that got to do with City Trigg ? :biggrin:

Leaving:

Zaba - i'll miss the man

Clichy - Should have left a season ago; lost his main asset, speed.

Navas - Pleased to see the back of him and his 'hit the first defender crossing style'. 8 goals in 180 games is shocking. 

Sagna -  Offers little going forward. Competent defender. Time to move on.

Willy - Think we all changed out minds about him after the Final defeat of Liverpool but not really good enough.

[5 out]

Hart, Mangala, Nasri & Bony will all be sold on in this transfer window or the next year. 

That leaves Yaya who i hope stays for another year.