Manchester City

mrbojangles

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sanchez is going to look good in this next season

4545435.jpeg

Now you get him (sanchez) firing along with Aguero and jesus and teams will see a big difference. Silly scorelines beckon.

46 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Just out of interest has anyone read kevin de bruyne autobiography. Written in 2015?"

Always seems strange people so young having an autobiography. Remember Looney has a book deal for "minimum of five books to be published over a 12-year period", he's done 3 so far, latest one he's working on is apparently titled "The Rise and Fall of Wayne Rooney'. Maybe kdb has a several books deal. 

A cracking book, is:

'Blue Moon: Down Among the Dead Men with Manchester City' by Mark Hodkinson about City's season in the 3rd tier. A seriously brilliant football book.

When i'm home next i'd like to get his book:

'Spotland: The Sun Also Rises (and other football stories)'

Yh I'm with you on that about KDB and all youngsters writing books. But they make decent stocking fillers I suppose. I never knew that about courtois and kdb to be fair must have had an impact at Chelsea the timing looks right too can't be a coincidence.

16 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Not wishing to throw fuel on this boring fire, but some interesting points :smile:

I think he's right and makes some very interesting points Bob. The youth in England do play in almost empty stadiums and they don't really compete like they do in Spain etc. I don't know how we in England fix it though, so that English youth can come through

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 3:23 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Why are your lot fixated on City’s academy and our transfer dealings? It clearly works for us as evidenced by the fact we’ve won a few things. After 9 years you should have gotten used to City by now as you clearly have gotten used to Chelsea following Abromovic’s purchase only 5 years earlier…maybe after 13 years or in 2023 the same attitude on hear to Chelsea will apply to City (but I doubt it).

2. I am not fixated on 'First 11'. I referred to first 11 meaning players who are considered first team selection players as I believe that is what your buddies are always trying to beat City up about; isn’t that the criteria and the answer in City’s case is Micah Richards. We do have kids coming through since 2008 who get the occasional appearance but they haven’t/don’t hold a first 11 place down so in answer to your question that is the criteria you beat us with when currently Spurs have ONE player who fits that criteria.

3. As squad players this season we had Pablo Maffeo (RB; 3 appearances), Tosin" Adarabioyo (CB; 3 appearances), Angus Gunn (GK; no appearances, only bench), Angelino (LB; 3 appearances), Aleix García (CM; 8 appearances) – I will leave out Iheanacho – so yes you are correct, City have no youth players coming through or getting in the first 11.

4. No I will not want to discuss “why Spurs don't have 2 international homegrown goalkeepers in our first team squad” as I realize and keep trying to make the point that clubs buy players; incidentally City’s homegrown and England’s u21 goalkeeper Angus Gunn (son of Bryan) makes our bench.

Seem's Bb was seeing things this season, it seems he's not very good with facts , must be that colour blindness again :cheesy:

DBFk2c4XUAAUM7G.jpg

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I think he's right and makes some very interesting points Bob. The youth in England do play in almost empty stadiums and they don't really compete like they do in Spain etc. I don't know how we in England fix it though, so that English youth can come through

I don't know how we in England fix it though

A quote from a City Supporter, how ironic :cheesy: :cheesy:

Have to laugh when this comes out,  English youth does come through for christ sake and i think he is talking about City rather than a general problem !

Edited by alfieconn

38 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Have to laugh when this comes out,  English youth does come through for christ sake and i think he is talking about City rather than a general problem !

Nah it could be done better I think he's saying with those b teams playing lower league for barca etc that they are more attached to the teams as opposed to the loan system. It's true really they have to readjust to new surroundings etc and it adds more pressure on them when they return. Stage fright even.

59 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah it could be done better I think he's saying with those b teams playing lower league for barca etc that they are more attached to the teams as opposed to the loan system. It's true really they have to readjust to new surroundings etc and it adds more pressure on them when they return. Stage fright even.

At last, a serious response. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Alfie, if the quality of English youth are coming through why haven't we a competition in so long? Sometimes your obsession with posting your emoticon's at every opportunity, means you actually miss the point of the discussion.

Englands football achievements are a mess and something needs to be done. Oh and it ain't all Man City's fault.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Alfie, if the quality of English youth are coming through why haven't we a competition in so long? Sometimes your obsession with posting your emoticon's at every opportunity, means you actually miss the point of the discussion.

Englands football achievements are a mess and something needs to be done. Oh and it ain't all Man City's fault.

Don't start changing things, Pep was talking about playing coming through into the first team in response to the reporter's question, nowhere was english players mentioned or the National team ! 

You said " The youth in England do play in almost empty stadiums and they don't really compete like they do in Spain etc. I don't know how we in England fix it though, so that English youth can come through"  i took it you meant into the first team which i disputed,   now you change the goalpost's and ask me the question adding the word "quality" and saying about winning a comp with the national Team which wasn't what i was disputing !

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Are you really that blinkered?

So if it doesn't come through where the Fark does it go then ? i suppose at the age of 18 every single English player pack's in it and goes get's a proper job, every single National team player came through the youth system, every single under 21 player came through the youth system, every  single under 20  player came through the youth system and there's you saying  " I don't know how we in England fix it though, so that English youth can come through"  :cheesy::cheesy:

16 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Not wishing to throw fuel on this boring fire, but some interesting points :smile:

He is blaming the system for no Man city player's  being good enough for the first team so how comes other teams don't seem to have a problem with producing players for their first team's.

Sometimes the only way you are gonna know if a player is good enough for the first team is to stick him in there and persevere which City cannot do because they need instant results all the time. To be fair sometimes you might get lucky and produce an exceptional player who fit's into the first team straight away, say a Wiltshere but obviously City haven't produced one of them yet.

It's no co-incidence that city and the Chavs have probably had the best under 18's teams over the last 5 year's  but both have been some of the highest spender's so what does that tell you why neither have had too many home grown players in their team's ! 

6 hours ago, alfieconn said:

He is blaming the system for no Man city player's  being good enough for the first team so how comes other teams don't seem to have a problem with producing players for their first team's.

Sometimes the only way you are gonna know if a player is good enough for the first team is to stick him in there and persevere which City cannot do because they need instant results all the time. To be fair sometimes you might get lucky and produce an exceptional player who fit's into the first team straight away, say a Wiltshere but obviously City haven't produced one of them yet.

It's no co-incidence that city and the Chavs have probably had the best under 18's teams over the last 5 year's  but both have been some of the highest spender's so what does that tell you why neither have had too many home grown players in their team's ! 

Alfie you raise some good points and a lot of effort has gone into this post so I'll have a stab at it.

I think your right in that it's been a while and the starlets are not coming through but Man city as some city fans have said; are in transition. There goal I think is a fast paced one which requires proven world class experience all over the pitch and even though they have spent a fortune they are not where they are aiming to be for the last 2 seasons at least. If city were putting away teams 3-4-0 inside 70 minutes then I think that's fair game time for youngsters and it should happen a lot with all teams but for city it ain't been happening and that is causing issues.  Teams like Everton do not really have that same pressure and can afford to bed in youngsters and be seen to be doing right and in many cases they also make a very good profit but there targets are world's apart so that's the key difference I think. I'd be interested for a breakdown of the spurs lads who have broken through over the last 5 year's.  Bentaleb I think was the one before Kane who shone a bit but now he's gone but off my head I'm not conjuring up many main stayers that broke through with spurs and became a proper squad/team player?  

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Alfie you raise some good points and a lot of effort has gone into this post so I'll have a stab at it.

I think your right in that it's been a while and the starlets are not coming through but Man city as some city fans have said; are in transition. There goal I think is a fast paced one which requires proven world class experience all over the pitch and even though they have spent a fortune they are not where they are aiming to be for the last 2 seasons at least. If city were putting away teams 3-4-0 inside 70 minutes then I think that's fair game time for youngsters and it should happen a lot with all teams but for city it ain't been happening and that is causing issues.  Teams like Everton do not really have that same pressure and can afford to bed in youngsters and be seen to be doing right and in many cases they also make a very good profit but there targets are world's apart so that's the key difference I think. I'd be interested for a breakdown of the spurs lads who have broken through over the last 5 year's.  Bentaleb I think was the one before Kane who shone a bit but now he's gone but off my head I'm not conjuring up many main stayers that broke through with spurs and became a proper squad/team player?  

So your blaming the starlet's for not coming through because they are Transition, so how long have they been in Transition for ?

Most of your post about City is similar to what i was saying  i was saying, not sure where Spurs come into this as the subject was about Pep saying that their younger player's couldn't compete, but anyway i'll give you a breakdown on the Spurs thread !

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Very pleased with our new signing Yaya Toure, even if it is for one season. seven years, 299 matches, 79 goals (better than some forwards) and 48 assists. I always feel more confident when he's on the pitch; still has it if used properly.

Still the best link from back to front on the squad ! 

With the recent One Love Manchester and the solidarity of feelings there, did they miss an opportunity? My old man and others talk of the old days pre-club rivalry and animosity when fans would watch City and ManU on different weekends. Liam performing in a half City / half ManU shirt missed opportunity?

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

With the recent One Love Manchester and the solidarity of feelings there, did they miss an opportunity? My old man and others talk of the old days pre-club rivalry and animosity when fans would watch City and ManU on different weekends. Liam performing in a half City / half ManU shirt missed opportunity?

Haha Liam  "no chance rkid" 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 8:42 AM, wilai said:

^We're looking at getting a Series 4 Cabriolet this Summer.........Problem is it will be a rental only. After three months we'll be back to Astras again for a few years!:saai:

On 5/28/2017 at 8:14 AM, carmine said:

Trolling or cynicism....i meant every word of it.  So what, Pep's going spend upwards of 200m putting together a side of multi talented players and go on to be hailed a genius.  Too right i'm cynical, but trolling, not in the least.  Same goes for Mourinho.

The premier league is now akin to a grand prix with three drivers behind the wheel of  BMW's and the rest in Vauxhall Astras.  Call it trolling if you like but i'm just saying it as it is.

<deleted>....Ist time out in our new BMW and we get done for speeding!:saai:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

He's too thick to have thought of it himself. Half the audience wouldn't have a clue who he was - too young. Will he ever live it down: playing with Coldplay?

Ilkay Gundogan returns to training 

Norwich City have signed England Under-21 goalkeeper Angus Gunn from Manchester City on a season-long loan.The 21-year-old, son of former Canaries keeper Bryan

Balotelli set for Borussia Dortmund move...the Italian now a free agent