Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

They've been trying but I think because they didn't get their preferred targets they are banking on Kompany not getting injured again.

That must be it as well as really good centre-backs not being easy to find. But it makes me nervous, and the match against United left me with a disturbing taste of deja vu.

BTW Kompany looked quite good, but depending on him to be able to be injury free ? Pretty close to madness.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

That must be it as well as really good centre-backs not being easy to find. But it makes me nervous, and the match against United left me with a disturbing taste of deja vu.

BTW Kompany looked quite good, but depending on him to be able to be injury free ? Pretty close to madness.

I wouldn't worry about the game the other night. I think taking Mangala and Nasri (who haven't even trained under Pep) was Pep's way of making a statement.

55 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I wouldn't worry about the game the other night. I think taking Mangala and Nasri (who haven't even trained under Pep) was Pep's way of making a statement.

Trying to exorcise my natural pessimism about City early.:tongue:

I've just started sketching in my fantasy football for the coming season (Telegraph). A couple of teams I want to load with M Cty players.

A couple of questions;

01; What do you think Pep's defence will look like' assuming Vincent stays uninjured and K has departed?

02; Are there going to be many games where Aguero and Jesus start together?

03; Yaya Toure; how will the season go for him? Many starts or just sub!

Thanking you in advance.

Edited by owl sees all
spelling error

01; What do you think Pep's defence will look like' assuming Vincent stays uninjured and K has departed?

Edison
Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Mendy

Or

Walker, Stones, Kompany, Mendy

02; Are there going to be many games where Aguero and Jesus start together?

Yes. Aguero central. Jesus wide right.

03; Yaya Toure; how will the season go for him? Many starts or just sub!

Starts. Like Kompany he's so influential and he took to his deep quarterback role well.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Or

Good.

The reason why I ask this is because if the game is going OK and there is no-one carrying an injury in defence the subs seem to be further up the field. Getting the back 4 right from the start is a real bonus.

Also I'm happy to put both Jesus and Aguero in the same team now. And Yaya is also in; he he on the cheap side anyway. Some have to go for others to stay.

In one team I've got a 6/5 split between M Cty and Chelsea. Give me the dosh now!!

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Edison

Or

What about Danilo BB?

I know he's young but I doubt Pep would have splashed that much on a bench warmer

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

What about Danilo BB?

I know he's young but I doubt Pep would have splashed that much on a bench warmer

Can only see Walker and Mendy as first-choices but as we only have 3 fullbacks (Danilo covering both positions) then Danilo with his versatility at RB, LB & DM will get game time as one of Walker or Mendy is going to be injured occasionally. He sounds similar to Zaba who could comfortably switch sides and cover DM. If we sell Fernando, which seems very likely, then DM is between Danilo and Fernandinho (we're a bit limited there - wouldn't be surprised to see Stones tried there). 

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

What about Danilo BB?

From what I've been reading it sounds like Danilo is going to be a jack of all trades. Left and right back as well as a DM at times.

Posted that before reading BB's post. Stones as a DM ? No thank you !

Edited by jellydog

On 7/24/2017 at 1:01 AM, mrbojangles said:

Perish the thought that he might possibly play 2 young players instead of Mangala and Nasri.

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Perish the thought that he might possibly play 2 young players instead of Mangala and Nasri.

I'm wondering what kind of excuses Peps got for next season.

Pep - guys come on we transformed the squad most players never played in EPL so we're learning.

Why do you say that so emphatically BB?

At the top of his game he is great to watch and a nightmare to defend against.

Is he past it? Unfit? Lacking motivation? Just not fit in to Pep's system?

Pep didn't fancy him and sent him out. I can't see him changing his mind.
Nasri is on some kind of illegal transfusion investigation and may get several years ban.
Many reports this week that player's are not happy with nasri being there as he has a poor attitude and is disruptive.
I think he's in the shop window.

• Like 1

Just watched City v RM. Diaz had a very good game and scored the 4th. The Cty GK cannot be blamed for RM goal.

The commentator said RM might be saving themselves for the Barca' game.

I think Cty are saving themselves for the PL. Great game!

Roll on 12th. 

Yeah, terrific performance that. Much better and although plenty of chances in the first half, the second half had some great movements. I'm already liking what I've seen of Danillo. KdB was pure class. Walker looked really good and the link up at the back is looking better, especially with Stones and Vinny. Don't know why Pep included Mangala again.

Great to see the youngs uns getting a run out.Grimshaw, Duhaney, Adarabioyo, Roberts, Diaz (great goal), Foden and Zinchenko. They must have been in heaven in front of 90,000 fans against RM.

Just watched the PPTV rerun of City 4 v 1 Madrid. We played very well and for the most part were the better and dominant team.

Love the new maroon away kit, looks very classy. In honour of the '68 championship winning maroon away kit. Saw it today in megabangna and for someone who never buys a City shirt I might be tempted. Kids will be getting one for xmas.

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just watched the PPTV rerun of City 4 v 1 Madrid. We played very well and for the most part were the better and dominant team.

Love the new maroon away kit, looks very classy. In honour of the '68 championship winning maroon away kit. Saw it today in megabangna and for someone who never buys a City shirt I might be tempted. Kids will be getting one for xmas.

Get your Mrs one too and your dog and then you can be maroon 5 bb

Now kicking myself for not getting up early (5am?) to watch the 3v0 win over In Poch We Trust. The reports saying we played very well with Danilo, Walker, Jesus, Ederson and yet again KdB getting the plaudits.

See Poch came out midweek saying he/Spurs don't get the credit they deserve. I disagree. They do get the credit they deserve but for the credit he WANTS, well he/Spurs have to win something to get that (8.5 years a manager and he's won the same as me...NOWT!).

Edited by Bredbury Blue