Manchester City

mrbojangles

55 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Now kicking myself for not getting up early (5am?) to watch the 3v0 win over In Poch We Trust. The reports saying we played very well with Danilo, Walker, Jesus, Ederson and yet again KdB getting the plaudits.

See Poch came out midweek saying he/Spurs don't get the credit they deserve. I disagree. They do get the credit they deserve but for the credit he WANTS, well he/Spurs have to win something to get that (8.5 years a manager and he's won the same as me...NOWT!).

Let's wait and see who is winning when the season starts.

Our team will be ready but looks like yours is peaking too early.

Dear oh dear! :biggrin:

Another season is upon us and I,m repeating the same question to you City fans as I asked last year.....what will you consider a successful season under Pep,last one was hugely disappointing,so what are your minimum requirements this time round :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

Another season is upon us and I,m repeating the same question to you City fans as I asked last year.....what will you consider a successful season under Pep,last one was hugely disappointing,so what are your minimum requirements this time round :thumbsup:

Blood out of a stone Mik but as an avid follower of the failings under Pep I can safely say 4th is where city will be come end of season and only because spurs will drop off given the ground situation. Adios Pep.

22 hours ago, petermik said:

I think the most disappointing thing for me last season, was that we weren't still in the chase for the title at the end. It was Pep's first season and his first in the prem, so I'm going to give him some slack (even though all city fans knew for a long time where our frailties lay and didn't get addressed). He doesn't have that excuse this year.

I reckon those weak areas have almost been sorted now and so as a minimum, we should be aiming to be in the title chase (with whomever) right to the death and getting to the semi's of the Champs League. Those two comp's will be where our strongest line ups will be utilised but I also think we have enough quality in depth to be able to put out a strong enough line up for good cup runs.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:23 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Now kicking myself for not getting up early (5am?) to watch the 3v0 win over In Poch We Trust. The reports saying we played very well with Danilo, Walker, Jesus, Ederson and yet again KdB getting the plaudits.

See Poch came out midweek saying he/Spurs don't get the credit they deserve. I disagree. They do get the credit they deserve but for the credit he WANTS, well he/Spurs have to win something to get that (8.5 years a manager and he's won the same as me...NOWT!).

Yeah it was 1am here in Saudi and up for work, so didn't catch the game but watched extended highlights. Starting to look really good now, Still think we should have tries to squeeze in another couple of friendlies before the start of the season. All these new players need to gel very quickly.

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I think the most disappointing thing for me last season, was that we weren't still in the chase for the title at the end. It was Pep's first season and his first in the prem, so I'm going to give him some slack (even though all city fans knew for a long time where our frailties lay and didn't get addressed). He doesn't have that excuse this year.

I reckon those weak areas have almost been sorted now and so as a minimum, we should be aiming to be in the title chase (with whomever) right to the death and getting to the semi's of the Champs League. Those two comp's will be where our strongest line ups will be utilised but I also think we have enough quality in depth to be able to put out a strong enough line up for good cup runs.

Best of luck Barry,a LOT of pressure on Pep this season....far more than last,will he hack it..........we shall see :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I saw last season as a 'throw-away-year'. A year of learning about the club, the players, the league and opposition. He knew early on the players who were going to make it through to this season and who would be discarded. Where he needed to strengthen and who he wanted to bring through from the youth set-up. Pep has tightened his grip and asserted his authority in readiness for 2017/18.

Normally my interest wanes a bit for the cups but this season I look forward to see the likes of Roberts and Diaz in full-throttle mode.

My hopes are top 2 in EPL (Chelsea also top 2). At least quarters in CL. I'm not too bothered about the cups but I do want to see youngsters performing and getting ready to step up the following season (and I think they will).

30 minutes ago, petermik said:

Best of luck Barry,a LOT of pressure on Pep this season....far more than last,will he hack it..........we shall see :thumbsup:

Kyle Walker won't....he is a bottler as the blues will soon discover.

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bit harsh that ronnie. Just cos he was part of the spurs team that bottled it at WHU last season doesn't mean he is himself a bottler.

".what will you consider a successful season under Pep,last one was hugely disappointing,so what are your minimum requirements this time round" - A new season, the start of trying to wind up the City fans by the usual suspects, what a joke. If you are going to post usual tosh that on our forum i expect to see you  post that on all the top teams forums, your own forum AND answer it on your own.

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

".what will you consider a successful season under Pep,last one was hugely disappointing,so what are your minimum requirements this time round" - A new season, the start of trying to wind up the City fans by the usual suspects, what a joke. If you are going to post usual tosh that on our forum i expect to see you  post that on all the top teams forums, your own forum AND answer it on your own.

Not many other teams laid the foundations 2 years in advance of their saviours arrival. Sacrificed the last season of a superb manager to hail the arrival of PG. All that for 4th and some extremely cringing interviews.

28 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2, mine was a valid comment.

To be fair it is a wind up but it has already been answered by BJ who sees it as the last chance saloon for PG. No excuses it's fight to the death for you lot but I am a bit concerned PG will point to his overhauled squad and say he needs time again.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Done brilliantly over the last two matches. Considering that was against RM and Spurs it looks quite bright for the future. How's our ex youth player player doing?

Why the pessimism???

We'll see in the first game just how much City are up for it this season.

City are not EPL favorites for nothing.

Edited by owl sees all

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Done brilliantly over the last two matches. Considering that was against RM and Spurs it looks quite bright for the future. How's our ex youth player player doing?

A couple of friendlies lol.

34 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You got pretty much beat up by us yesterday Ronnie. Considering it's virtually the same team you fielded last year I would have expected you to have done better

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bit bitter I notice Ronaldo. How much you spent again? Levy left the chequebook in WHL. Well it's been a great couple of years for ya anyway. Brace yourself for the parachute jump to 8th and tell poch to post the keys through the letterbox when he joins arsenal next season.

• Haha 1

This thread is living in a fantasyland.

Tottenham will be in the top four again next season based on the stability of our squad and the improvement of our young players year on year.

You can buy as many players as you like but you can't buy a successful team.

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This thread is living in a fantasyland.

Tottenham will be in the top four again next season based on the stability of our squad and the improvement of our young players year on year.

You can buy as many players as you like but you can't buy a successful team.

Stability? Toby last year of contract no deal in sight? A year in rented accomodation a talismaniac with a penchant for petulance when waters get ruff  and a manager approaching his 10th year and not a single winning line crossed. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Top 10 forecast

01 Chelsea/Man Cty

03 Arsenal

04 Everton

05 Liverpool

06 Man Utd

07 WHU

08 Spurs

09 Bournemouth/Saints

Liverpool/utd

Chelsea

Everton

Citeh

Arsenal

Spuds

Ronnie your statement "This thread is living in a fantasyland." I assume is related to brummie R2D2's statements on here about Spurs and not related to anything any blue has stated on here. If not, then expand your statement so we know what you mean.

Always bear in mind R2D2 is just one of the forum windup merchants.