Manchester City

mrbojangles

"Barcelona made it six wins out of six in La Liga with 0v3 victory at Catalan neighbours Girona. Girona, who are co-owned by Manchester City, played five City loanees in the game, with Brazilian midfielder Douglas Luiz impressive in attacking positions...Pablo Maffeo, in his third season on loan, successfully man-marked Barca's Lionel Messi, who had scored 11 goals in his previous five games..."

"City youngsters follow seniors’ example as NAC Breda stun Feyenoord at De Kuip...FOUR City loanees – Pablo Marí, Angeliño, Manu García and Thierry Ambrose – started the game and a homegrown lad, James Horsfield, who joined Stijn Vreven’s side on a permanent deal in the summer, was also in the starting eleven...NAC, led by City loanee and captain Marí..." won 0v2.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Palace haven't scored a goal all season and your talking about not conceding against them,

I don't care about Palaces' previous performances. I care about our "dodgy" defence getting another clean sheet. I was merely commenting on yesterday's game. Don't know what your problem is

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't care about Palaces' previous performances. I care about our "dodgy" defence getting another clean sheet. I was merely commenting on yesterday's game. Don't know what your problem is

My apologizes, i suppose if we had a defence that was as poor as yours last season, then i'd be talking about them every week !

• Haha 1

Just now, alfieconn said:

My apologizes, i suppose if we had a defence that was as poor as yours last season, then i'd be talking about them every week !

Last season. What about this one alfonso. You forgotten your teams conceded two just 24 hours ago. Gimme the lowdown on aurier anyway what do you think of him so far? 

17 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Blimey, it took you long enough to catch on. Don't you remember last season at all? All we City fans did last year was say how terrible we were at the back and that Pep needed to sort it.

24 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Who's this patsy then. Any picture?

I'd be all over Jim mcDonalds Mrs too but that planet of the apes bird is not my cuppa tea.

The evil Scouser Pat Whelan. Must be a blue, judging by that tie. He is due to kill off 6 other characters, including Liz McDonald. She has aged a bit. She used to own a gym in Horwich near the Reebok.

The 2 other baddies are both stalking Kym Marsh. One wears specs. Nuff said.

Sad news over the weekend. Bobby Knutt has passed away. He was Kevin Websters boss at the garage.

Bobby Knutts best joke:

I went to B&Q and said "I want a bag of nails, please.

Assistant. "How long do you want them?"

BK. " Well, I'd like to keep them if I may."

images.jpg

• Like 1

This is a seriously good Shakhtar Donetsk team; can see now the win over napoli was no fluke. Feeling very uneasy. I'd get one of Aguero or jesus off (Aguero) for another midfield player where we look light when they have the ball. Best team we've played this season.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

This is a seriously good Shakhtar Donetsk team; can see now the win over napoli was no fluke. Feeling very uneasy. I'd get one of Aguero or jesus off (Aguero) for another midfield player where we look light when they have the ball. Best team we've played this season.

I concur. Wasn't expecting them to be so organised. First half wasn't our best passing display but we had to be very patient. They could have scored a few times and Ederson saved us but we could have also had a few more

Just caught the replay. A deserved three points and a workmanlike performance. Stones got away with a handball but Sterling denied an obvious PK I thought. I love Sane but he could look to make a pass from time to time in the final third. KDB a joy as always and Ederson was close to flawless.

Must add in applause for Fernandinho. Johnny on the spot time and time again.

Edited by jellydog

Really enjoyed the game last night - not sure neutrals would have enjoyed it.

Thought they were the best team we've played this season, Liverpool included. Goalkeeper was decent. Some excellent brazilians..the 5'4" guy who's name I've forgotten looked a player - could see quite a few of them in the Premier next season. Thought they may have edged the 1st half when we weren't right.

2nd half we came alive and should have had more. Good victory.

Edison continues to impress; I'm now expecting him to save and clear whatever comes his way. His distribution from hand or foot is the best ive seen in the premier. Very solid game.

I was a nervous wreck when the ball came down our left but was totally won over by a great performance from Delphy. He was surprisingly impressive.

Fernandinho had his best game in a long time; he was everywhere and I'm sure he won everything against his former club.

Stones has been a success of late.

Kdb was on another level in the 1st half and Merlin dictated play 2nd half.

Sane looks so dangerous. I'd always play ahead of sterling who frustrates me.

Aguero should have bagged at least 2. Penalty taking duties MUST be taken off him. Thought I heard the commentator say he's missed 7 out of 15 (Yaya has scored 14 out of 14).

Good to see Gundogan back..again.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Really enjoyed the game last night - not sure neutrals would have enjoyed it.

Thought they were the best team we've played this season, Liverpool included. Goalkeeper was decent. Some excellent brazilians..the 5'4" guy who's name I've forgotten looked a player - could see quite a few of them in the Premier next season. Thought they may have edged the 1st half when we weren't right.

2nd half we came alive and should have had more. Good victory.

Edison continues to impress; I'm now expecting him to save and clear whatever comes his way. His distribution from hand or foot is the best ive seen in the premier. Very solid game.

I was a nervous wreck when the ball came down our left but was totally won over by a great performance from Delphy. He was surprisingly impressive.

Fernandinho had his best game in a long time; he was everywhere and I'm sure he won everything against his former club.

Stones has been a success of late.

Kdb was on another level in the 1st half and Merlin dictated play 2nd half.

Sane looks so dangerous. I'd always play ahead of sterling who frustrates me.

Aguero should have bagged at least 2. Penalty taking duties MUST be taken off him. Thought I heard the commentator say he's missed 7 out of 15 (Yaya has scored 14 out of 14).

Good to see Gundogan back..again.

What about your supersub who put the game to bed late on? You know the one you like that can't stop scoring?

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

^What about him?

6 in 8 games this season already. Kids sharpening his boots big time. Last two seasons 47 games a season. That's called durability and add that to increased productivity. give the lad a break cos he is becoming vital to the March. 

Aguero made it seven misses from the spot in his last 21 attempts. Aguero seems to have a problem with high-pressure penalties, with five of his seven recent misses coming in the Champions League at vital stages of games. Aguero's overall record is good – he has netted 31 out of 40 – but his record has gone downhill after missing just two of his first 19.

Toure has an impeccable record of 15 successes from 15 attempts, 14 of those for City.

Gundogan has scored five out of five in his career, and that includes one in the high-pressure environment of a Champions League final.

Fernandinho has a dodgy record of scoring 11 out of 17 for Shakhtar, and Danilo has converted two out of three.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Aguero made it seven misses from the spot in his last 21 attempts. Aguero seems to have a problem with high-pressure penalties, with five of his seven recent misses coming in the Champions League at vital stages of games. Aguero's overall record is good – he has netted 31 out of 40 – but his record has gone downhill after missing just two of his first 19.

Toure has an impeccable record of 15 successes from 15 attempts, 14 of those for City.

Gundogan has scored five out of five in his career, and that includes one in the high-pressure environment of a Champions League final.

Fernandinho has a dodgy record of scoring 11 out of 17 for Shakhtar, and Danilo has converted two out of three.

We all know Aguero is a very hit and miss penalty taker at best.  Its so obvious he's not good at them its no surprise when he misses one!  So who's the big time Charlie that still sanctions him taking them?