Manchester City

mrbojangles

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"So Carmine what exactly is this completely unfair advantage City have over Spurs..."

Carmine "You can start with 295m"

Do you think the Premier League, FIFA, EUFA, etc., are aware that City have an unfair advantage? Apparently not. Why? Because it's not considered unfair advantage but is called business Carmine, and our owner/management have worked really hard to get us to the stage where we are one of the richest by revenue. Rather than whinge, maybe you need to accept the reality of your frugal owner/business model that has you competing with WHU rather than ManU, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

What planet are on?

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Is that proof then Ronnie that there is no unfair advantage as your buddy is harping on about?

Of course its not, it just means we've been punching above our weight.  Your advantage is huge, and i'm directly referring to City, United and Chelsea just so you don't think i'm picking on just City.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"You have the advantage of buying anyone in the world you want subject to availability"

With the implementation of Financial Fair Play by UEFA and by the Premier League, there is no unfair advantage for City or any other club, we are all bound by the same rules, limitations, restrictions, etc, to make it a level playing field. So what is the unfair advantage City has over Spurs?

FFP is a joke.  Just look at what you've spent and the wages you pay.  Thats why you have the calibre of player thats prepared to sit on the bench.  Why?  Because he's getting paid vast sums of money that no one else will pay him......but i suppose that doesn't give you an advantage either......not in the world of BB anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"You have the advantage of buying anyone in the world you want subject to availability"

With the implementation of Financial Fair Play by UEFA and by the Premier League, there is no unfair advantage for City or any other club, we are all bound by the same rules, limitations, restrictions, etc, to make it a level playing field. So what is the unfair advantage City has over Spurs?

What do you think Paris Saint Germain think of FFP, and the other clubs in the French league tasked with trying to beat them?  I suppose PSG don't have an advantage either?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

What do you think Paris Saint Germain think of FFP, and the other clubs in the French league tasked with trying to beat them?  I suppose PSG don't have an advantage either?

No marquee signings at Man City in the last window. They have paid seriously over the odds for good; but far from great; players. Prime example is Mendy: bought for £50 Mill from Monaco, who 12 months before bought him for just £10 Mill.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

FFP is a joke.  Just look at what you've spent and the wages you pay.  Thats why you have the calibre of player thats prepared to sit on the bench.  Why?  Because he's getting paid vast sums of money that no one else will pay him......but i suppose that doesn't give you an advantage either......not in the world of BB anyway.

No doubt we shall see an investment deal worth a few more hundred million quid all originating in the Middle East.

You can make it all as legal as you like but paying your subs 200k a week when other teams are paying em 50k a week or less is the truth of it.

Better strength in depth yet the investment there is not football generated at all.

Funny even when the obvious FFP is a total joke comment appears BB still can't see it.

Ask the Spanish FA BB....see what their opinion of the 'stringent rules' being applied.

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"you're still missing the fact that Spurs field the youngest side in the league!! 

it just means we've been punching above our weight.  Your advantage is huge,

FFP is a joke."

Seriously?

My mistake....obviously such is PSG's global following and world standing that they can afford to shell out 300m quid on one player.....of course they can.

FFP is working perfectly, nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You can make it all as legal as you like but paying your subs 200k a week when other teams are paying em 50k a week or less is the truth of it.

And other teams are paying far less than 50k a week. Don't think there is anyone at Huddersfield who is on more than 10k.  Until there is a wage cap on all teams (which I doubt will ever happen) it will continue to be a free market. In general, we pay our players more than you pay yours and Spurs pay their players more than many other teams pay theirs. It's all part of the big bad world we live in.

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And other teams are paying far less than 50k a week. Don't think there is anyone at Huddersfield who is on more than 10k.  Until there is a wage cap on all teams (which I doubt will ever happen) it will continue to be a free market. In general, we pay our players more than you pay yours and Spurs pay their players more than many other teams pay theirs. It's all part of the big bad world we live in.

Got no problem with that at all.

However when BB tries to tell us how well FFP is working there is no other response than to laugh and get the pointy fingers out.

Does FFP not work? I remember the pleasure on here a few seasons when City were supposed to have breached FFP (which we rejected by the way). I'm sure clubs pay heed to FFP these days otherwise they are punished with fines, squad reductions, etc.

It's unfair is it. Unbelievable! Can't imagine ever in my long years of following football to say it's unfair that teams were richer or poorer than City...frankly I'd be embarrassed to be using such an excuse. It is what it is. Football is a business. Some are richer than others, get over it. As I stated before rich teams do not always win, see my earlier examples of manu 26 years, Liverpool 20 years, etc.

Unfair advantage. Embarrassing!

51 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Does FFP not work? I remember the pleasure on here a few seasons when City were supposed to have breached FFP (which we rejected by the way). I'm sure clubs pay heed to FFP these days otherwise they are punished with fines, squad reductions, etc.

It's unfair is it. Unbelievable! Can't imagine ever in my long years of following football to say it's unfair that teams were richer or poorer than City...frankly I'd be embarrassed to be using such an excuse. It is what it is. Football is a business. Some are richer than others, get over it. As I stated before rich teams do not always win, see my earlier examples of manu 26 years, Liverpool 20 years, etc.

Kindly explain how FFP and the Neymar deal can work BB.

I'm all ears!

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Kindly explain how FFP and the Neymar deal can work BB.

I'm all ears!

Pretty difficult for anyone to answer that, without access to PSG's finances and commercial deals Ronnie.

UEFA are definately looking at it though. So if there is anything untoward, they'll be getting restrictions and fines imposed on them.

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Pretty difficult for anyone to answer that, without access to PSG's finances and commercial deals Ronnie.

UEFA are definately looking at it though. So if there is anything untoward, they'll be getting restrictions and fines imposed on them.

Is this why you never bought Messi?

I have no problem with big players coming to the UK....makes the footy I watch more entertaining.

Still will wait for BB's report on the matter since he appears to be an expert! :post-4641-1156694083:

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Really, Mr BJ? I seriously doubt that anyone in the Huddersfield first team squad is on less than £20K per week. £10K per week gets you middle grade Championship players. City's youth team wouldn't get out of bed for £10 grand a week.

15 minutes ago, champers said:

Really, Mr BJ? I seriously doubt that anyone in the Huddersfield first team squad is on less than £20K per week. £10K per week gets you middle grade Championship players. City's youth team wouldn't get out of bed for £10 grand a week.

Is that their famed U10's?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

I think they still have a £10k wage cap. Aaron Mooy who they just bought from us is on £9k per week. The wage cap will probably go up next year if they stay up

http://sillyseason.com/salary/huddersfield-town-players-salaries-104163/

hudders.JPG

Just now, mrbojangles said:

BTW. For those of you think loads of City players are on 200k per week. This article is a good short read. Our wage bill has actually reduced since the 2013 season. Salaries are more focussed on bonus/incentive schemes now.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-city-player-salaries/

Sterling 180k a week. Now I know why BB has such a problem with the lad. His man Sane is on 60k and Jesus 70k. Sterling's agent as much as a winker, is no fool.

^I have a problem with Sterling because he is inconsistent and therefore frustrating. He has moments of brilliance interspersed between all those moments when he gets it so wrong.

The money he is on does not come in to my thinking at all.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You keep using the word "embarrassing"......  

So, as i read you argument it would appear that in your opinion City, Chelsea and United don't have an advantage on the basis of "it is what it is, get over it"

On the basis on that i really don't think that you have the right to knock anyone else post let alone call them embarrassing, because that "it is what it is therefore theres no advantage" is frankly the debating skills of a ten year old.

Furthermore football has changed dramatically since the days of those two winning teams and of course Forest and its pointless drawing comparisons to the modern era.

A number of City fans still try to hold this delusional blinkered view that you don't have an advantage and you need to man up and just accept it.  Especially if you're only argument lies with "IT IS WHAT IT IS, GET OVER IT"  because its thats really the sum of it, then that BB really is rather embarrassing

I find your 'it's so unfair' rant embarrassing, though not as bad as your "Stop being so mean" comment a while back. Will you be coming up next with arguments such as it's so unfair because another team's players are faster, better, bigger, etc.?

And keep amusing me with your classic "Spurs field the youngest side in the league!!". Why do you persist on coming on the City thread - but no other thread - to go on about your youth, your youngest team, your net spend? Do you have an inferiority complex with City you feel you need to fulfill?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I find your 'it's so unfair' rant embarrassing, though not as bad as your "Stop being so mean" comment a while back. Will you be coming up next with arguments such as it's so unfair because another team's players are faster, better, bigger, etc.?

And keep amusing me with your classic "Spurs field the youngest side in the league!!". Why do you persist on coming on the City thread - but no other thread - to go on about your youth, your youngest team, your net spend? Do you have an inferiority complex with City you feel you need to fulfill?

Well if clubs have hundreds of millions more to spend on faster, bigger, better players than the other clubs then yes, of course you have an unfair advantage!!!!!  What part of that don't you get for God's sake?!!!

If facts amuse you then fine, i'll find some more, since you are so easily amused!!!

OK, so, in short, "it is what is is, get over it" remains your only argument in response to my question.  Thanks.

23 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

BB

You should be happy City are drawing so much attention,its a form of flattery....enjoy it.

In the old Maine rd days few (outside Manchester) gave City any thoughts,now you are competitive at the top level it brings resentment from other clubs fans,just take it with a smile :thumbsup:

Hey who knows in a few years time when City happen to have had a "lean" spell someone might start a thread on here about them being in "decline"..........thats when you know you have really made it :sleepy:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See you persist in resisting my query so here it is again:
Why do you persist on coming on the City thread - but no other thread - to go on about your youth, your youngest team, your net spend? Do you have an inferiority complex with City you feel you need to fulfill?

I've spent loads of time on the United thread, apparently i am the forth highest poster according to someone.  You seem to suffer from selective memory issues and a chip on the shoulder.  We can't you just accept the obvious and enjoy the arab financial rollacoaster you have been gifted.  

I also gave you my reason about Chelsea but such is the delicate wallflower you are you felt a little embarrassed by the Spurs fans view of Chelsea even whilst failing to understand the contempt with which we hold that club and its fans in.

City, old chap are frankly a mid table club that won the lottery and to that end not significant enough for us to really have an opinion on,  less of course the opinion that no matter how much extra financial resource you have thrown at you it still offers you no advantage over anyone else. We hold our breath for the next galactico you buy  (that will condemn yet another youth team player into obscurity)  At least United self generate their cash!!  You take every opportunity to have a swipe at us and in all honesty, baring in mind the imbalance in resource we have compared with your good selves it leads us to the quite obvious conclusion that its you, and not other City posters that appear to hold an inferiority complex with us.  Anyway i really don't give a toss anymore.

That should hopefully answer all you questions to end this!  

Edited by carmine