Manchester City

mrbojangles

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Good in't he. In addition to being a class act, he has a great attitude, not controversial and very shy.

A steal that lad and with Jesus up front they are going to score a lot of goals this season....big test this week though.

Some interesting quotes about Bobby Manc in Shay Givens book

Mancini spent a total of four years at the Etihad Stadium between 2009 and 2013, and in that time helped convert the club into perennial title challengers. 

The former Inter man also broke a 44-year league title drought in 2011-12 when he delivered City's first Premier League crown, although he was sacked the following season following a fall-out with the club board of directors. 

According to Given, however, Mancini's coaching methods meant that players tend to celebrate when they see the back of him. 

"For the love of me, I couldn’t work Roberto Mancini out," the former City, Newcastle and Republic of Ireland goalkeeper wrote in his autobiography, Any Given Saturday, in an extract published by the Mirror.

"We heard that when he was sacked by Inter Milan in 2008, the entire squad had a massive night out to celebrate.

"By the time I left Manchester City in July 2011, I was ready to throw a party myself.

"Roberto Mancini saw the world differently to Shay Given, that’s for sure. He fell out with everyone. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone.

"The players, the back-up staff, the physios, the kitman, the press officers, the canteen workers, the car park lads, the lot.

"He probably even swung a punch or two at his own reflection for looking at him funny."

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Some interesting quotes about Bobby Manc in Shay Givens book

Its well documented his Inter players loathed him, so no surprise if the City lads did too.  Having never met him i wouldn't know but he didn't come across as particularly likable, in a way that Pellegrini always did.

"Are BEin Sports showing all the 3 o'clock games in Thailand?"

I watch overseas on ilikehd and I think BEin thailand show about 4 games but not all (could be wrong). I was home last weekend and we were on BEin1. I'd be amazed if City vs Burnley wasn't on...I can't remember a City premier game not being on live in Thailand.

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Are BEin Sports showing all the 3 o'clock games in Thailand?"

I watch overseas on ilikehd and I think BEin thailand show about 4 games but not all (could be wrong). I was home last weekend and we were on BEin1. I'd be amazed if City vs Burnley wasn't on...I can't remember a City premier game not being on live in Thailand.

The reason I'm asking BB is that BEin in the middle east always showed all of the 3 o'clock games but about 2 weeks ago they stopped and now only show one game due to piracy issues. Last week the featured game was Man City. Non of the other games i.e. Tottenham where shown. So just wondering if BEin Thailand has the same issue

^ Can't confirm Mr BJ as I watched the <17s at the time but all games were advertised as opposed to the Arabian channels where most 3pm games except City were on beIN Connect only, The Swansea game was originally listed on beIN 9 but was removed prior to K/O. Based on the above, it looks like the Thai channels are unaffected.

• Like 1

We  came right out of the traps and stunned Nappoli going 2-0 up. Then we seemed to let them back into it, especially after they got their first penalty (well done Ederson but particularly Fernandinho to clear). They're a bladdy good side so happy with 2-1 in the end. Be a tough game at their gaff

The first 30 minutes i was thinking this was the best i've ever seen a City side; we didn't give Napoli a kick. Two goals up, underside of the crossbar, cleared off the line, we were all over them. Second half was very competitive and once they got their goal i wasn't sure if we would hold out but in truth all of their chances came from our mistakes and they didn't have any decent chances of note. Thought Fernandinho apart from giving the 2nd penalty away was everywhere and brilliant. Stones was reading the game so well. Ederson looks the real deal. Front five the 1st half were great. Impressive victory over Italy's best team unbeaten in 13 games. Very enjoyable game!

• Like 1

Just caught the replay. Pretty dominant in the first period but Napoli stepped it up a gear in the second. You have to wonder if fatigue might have been issue. A lot of sloppy passes that weren't there early on. Ederson continues to impress. Humongous difference in goal from last season.

How much rotating will Pep do against Burnley ? It'd be nice to see Bernardo and Gundogan in midfield. Aguero up front. Danilo on for maybe Walker ? And when is Fernandinho going to get rested ? I'm looking forward to seeing how Pep approaches giving some players a blow.

On 10/15/2017 at 10:30 AM, mrbojangles said:

On another note. Are BEin Sports showing all the 3 o'clock games in Thailand? Here in the middle East, BEin are only showing one 3 o'clock game due to piracy issues again. Fortunately, yesterday it was the City game but I fear it won't be the billed one next week against Burnley

Full complement of games advertised for Arabia this week unlike last time so you should be ok. Citeh on ch 2 & 11.

Edited by wilai
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Full complement of games advertised for Arabia this week unlike last time so you should be ok. Citeh on ch 2 & 11.

Strange. I've just looked on BEin Arabia and only City is advertised (Ch2 and 11) of the prem games. All the other channels are advertising mainly Bundesliga 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Strange. I've just looked on BEin Arabia and only City is advertised (Ch2 and 11) of the prem games. All the other channels are advertising mainly Bundesliga 

Channels 1,7,9, & 12 are listed on Live Soccer TV and LiveOnSat as showing 3pm EPL games. Others have German. At least your game looks confirmed anyway.:smile:

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Happy with that at least. Because we were the only game shown last week I thought we had no chance this week. If we keep on scoring 7 they might keep on showing us :thumbsup:

Where exactly are you (country wise)?

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Good of those nice and friendly Qataris.