Manchester City

mrbojangles

8 minutes ago, champers said:

There are other players City could buy. Dybala anyone? Vardy would be a good fit too.

Vardy would be interesting. He certainly has the pace Pep favors. Long odds on that one though.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Some very dangerous "tackles" in the last few games.

Kane on Sterling. Yellow correctly given.
Deli on KDB. Yellow given; definite red and KDB very lucky not to be injured.
Newcastle player on Gundogan. Yellow given; definite red and Gundogan very lucky not to be injured.
Puncheoni on KDB. Yellow given; definite red and KDB injured.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Alderweireld’s contract contains a one-year extension option, which is scheduled to activate in the summer of 2019 and would see him contracted until 2020. But it also features a £25m release clause. In the summer of 2019, the central defender would be permitted to leave if a rival club were to pay £25m and complete the transfer at least 14 days before the closure of the window.The 28-year-old earns a basic wage of £50,000 a week at Tottenham and he wants a substantial rise in what could well be his last major contract."

Sign him up Pep for 25m and 100k a week contract. Bargain!

Why are you talking about something that can't  happen until the of summer 2019, anything could have happened by then !

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We have TWO forwards..Aguero and Jesus. We have players who can do a short term job up front in Sane, Sterling and Silva. It was a gamble going in to the season with just Aguero and Jesus, it will be a bigger gamble going in to the 2nd half of the season and the Champions league knockout relying on just Aguero and the 3 diddymen.

I don't get Alfies constant gripe. City buy players in the transfer window that's not right or unfair? Did he moan on the Liverpool pages over their purchase of VVD? Spurs can splash some cash if they want but probably can't as they have to pay for their new ground (thank you David Bernstein for doing the brilliant Etihad deal for us).

But my post's ARE ON IGNORE so how do you read them ?

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

A further post has been removed. Please don't discuss moderation.

No more friendly posts. Warnings will be given

You really ought to use the card system; this is the football forum after all.?

:post-4641-1156694606::post-4641-1156693976:

I hope this post doesn't get me carded.

I posted recently how it was always the norm at this time of year for City and ManU to play vs scousers or Yorkshire or Stoke, I.e. local games.

This festive season ManU play Burnley and Southampton at home with the short trip to Goodison.

City have Newcastle and Palace away and Watford home. Looking on the bright side, suppose it could have been worse and been Newcastle and Swansea away.

Fooballing anomaly. City had used 3 subs, palace 2. Puncheon chops KDB down; should have received red but gets only yellow. KDB carried off..City down to 10men. Puncheon carried off but subbed. Palace, the transgressor, gains a 1man advantage which luckily on this occasion didn't prove significant.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

KDB - it is reported that he told friends on Monday that he is fine and had nothing to worry about. Pep Guardiola will decide on Tuesday morning whether to play him in the home game against Watford.

David Silva - is also back in training, with The Sun backing up the earlier report from Spanish journalist Jose Alvarez Haya, and the 31-year-old has declared himself fit to play.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

:thumbsup: Dann out with same injury as well following his challenge on Jesus.

Amazing. You could go a long time before you'd see something like that.

Jesus out with and MCL. That is the injury I thought of when I saw him go down scissors. I didn't post my diagnosis but I'd like credit anyhow. Thanks !:coffee1:

13 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Amazing. You could go a long time before you'd see something like that.

Jesus out with and MCL. That is the injury I thought of when I saw him go down scissors. I didn't post my diagnosis but I'd like credit anyhow. Thanks !:coffee1:

Puts you on a par with Michael Owen punditry wise.....not sure that's much of a complement tho':thumbsup:

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah BB. Very happy that KdB is fit and the others are back.

A couple of cup games now and then Liverpool up next in the prem

Great news with Spanish Dave back. You got to love KDB but I think D. Silva is still the main man in the engine room. City have definitely missed him. He's an essential ingredient in City's ability to go through or around a bus.

• Like 1