Manchester City

mrbojangles

11 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Your right Pick's and i just don't get why our players salaries are a constant topic of debate i mean it's not like we're anywhere near the lowest payer's in the Premiership, think we are about 6th ain't we ? :sad:

6th is about right for your final position this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Spot on Rc, why should we be any higher ? as generally League positions follow money spent on players and salaries.

With that mindset I guess no one will be complaining but the players and management might fancy a change of scenery and without the current crop sixth will be the target for a very long time.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

With that mindset I guess no one will be complaining but the players and management might fancy a change of scenery and without the current crop sixth will be the target for a very long time.

We're still waiting two years down the road for your Spurs doom and gloom visions to come to fruition!!  Meanwhile, things continue to go well, with stability and a new stadium nearly finished. 

Pray continue, if your predictions get any worse we might end up winning the CL.

Just now, carmine said:

We're still waiting two years down the road for your Spurs doom and gloom visions to come to fruition!!  Meanwhile, things continue to go well, with stability and a new stadium nearly finished. 

Pray continue, if your predictions get any worse we might end up winning the CL.

Even 2nd in CL may be worth rolling out the open top. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

With that mindset I guess no one will be complaining but the players and management might fancy a change of scenery and

It's not a mindset it's a fact !  but just means we have been punching above our weight for this season and the last 3 season's :biggrin:

without the current crop sixth will be the target for a very long time.

Very true but as far as i know the current crop are still at the club and are very happy ! 

Crikey, even Pep's in agreement about his position not sure about one of the best three though !!!!!

Fernandinho, who has made 30 appearances in all competitions so far this season, has been described as "one of the best three holding midfielders in the world," by City boss Pep Guardiola.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

From ManU forum

Carmine "Pep Guardiola referred to Fernandinho as a holding midfielder.  he occupies and holds space.  Alfie, who you have on ignore. took a recent quote from Pep who clearly disagrees with you too."

And the reason Pep Guardiola referred to Fernandinho as a holding midfielder is because since Fernando left us Fernandinho IS CITY's HOLDING MIDFIELDER however we bought him as a box-to-box midfielder he'd been playing as in Russia or where ever it was we got him from.

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

From ManU forum

Carmine "Pep Guardiola referred to Fernandinho as a holding midfielder.  he occupies and holds space.  Alfie, who you have on ignore. took a recent quote from Pep who clearly disagrees with you too."

And the reason Pep Guardiola referred to Fernandinho as a holding midfielder is because since Fernando left us Fernandinho IS CITY's HOLDING MIDFIELDER however we bought him as a box-to-box midfielder he'd been playing as in Russia or where ever it was we got him from.

Its lame BB come on dear boy you can do better....or just admit you're wrong.

Its beer o'clock so it shouldn't hurt too much! :biggrin:

Damn hot here in Hua Hin today.

MrBj ork brings me to 'nam and saigon is my RnR place (wife visiting this weekend). Have to say if I was a young man coming to Asia I'd definitely be interested in settling in Saigon but still I'm more than happy with my three decades in Thailand.

Problem is I can't find anywhere central district 1 showing our late game so the wife and I will be watching it on my phone in bed. ..romantic bugger eh!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie, get yourself down the Sofitel (or whatever it calls itself these days) for one of the BEST breakfasts in Thailand...not cheap mind...but I know you're not a keeniao Jock. Cheers!

Which one?

Think we stayed at a new one in Cha Am the other year.

Just did a few nights at the Sheraton which wasn't bad...the Dusit bfast was crap.

At our third hotel now but her bag is almost full of beach towels so time to go home soon I suppose.

39 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

MrBj ork brings me to 'nam and saigon is my RnR place (wife visiting this weekend). Have to say if I was a young man coming to Asia I'd definitely be interested in settling in Saigon but still I'm more than happy with my three decades in Thailand.

Problem is I can't find anywhere central district 1 showing our late game so the wife and I will be watching it on my phone in bed. ..romantic bugger eh!

Phatties close early these days??

Watched a game there a couple of months back - City won and England beat Aussies at rugby so a good night. Went to check earlier today if they'll be showing the late game and was told they close midnight and the only bars showing late game were in backpackers street wrongside of district 1 so ilikehd will save the day..bottle of wine on chill.

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

From ManU forum

Desperate stuff!!!

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Watched a game there a couple of months back - City won and England beat Aussies at rugby so a good night. Went to check earlier today if they'll be showing the late game and was told they close midnight and the only bars showing late game were in backpackers street wrongside of district 1 so ilikehd will save the day..bottle of wine on chill.

Bonus! Hotel had it on a vietnamese channel.  

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nope not wrong on Fernandinho being a box-to-box midfielder now playing as Citys defensive midfielder.

Its lovely and breezy here, having cocktails on a saigon rooftop bar.

but no way is he anything other than box-to-box midfielder and to even think he is an “predominately defensive” midfielder is complete nonsense as he is more attacking than defending

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

How so?

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

but no way is he anything other than box-to-box midfielder and to even think he is an “predominately defensive” midfielder is complete nonsense as he is more attacking than defending

Hope this explains your continued folly.  Please add me to your ignore list.

Atleast enjoy your holiday but please don'y try and discuss football with me. 

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You just couldn't make it up could you?!!  And he's still claiming i'm talking nonsense and what i am saying is "unbelievable." 

It was fun to start with but now its a bit sad.  I'm not expecting BB to hold his hands up for being totally wrong  but matter closed nonetheless.  

• Like 1