Manchester City

mrbojangles

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Do you get Neville there Bob? We get Keys and Gray

DXB lounge Jangles...vipbox stream

edit. I do get those pair of <deleted> when home ?

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

Against WBA you can accept this but against the current champions this is pretty damning

Manchester City break passing records in 1-0 win over Chelsea

Manchester City broke a number of passing records in their 1-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday. Pep Guardiola’s men dominated the reigning champions and became the first team since Opta began collecting records in 2003 to complete 900 passes in a Premier League match.

Guardiola's side had set the previous record at the Hawthorns back in October when they made 843 successful passes in the win over West Brom. That total was smashed as they completed no fewer than 902 passes in beating Chelsea at the Etihad Stadium.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11276697/manchester-city-break-passing-records-in-1-0-win-over-chelsea

18 hours ago, jellydog said:

I honestly can't see any of them in the starting eleven. Pep would laugh at the thought of zero work rate Ozil. Aubameyang would get some time.

Would X get into Y's side - it depends how you take the question. If Ozil and Aubemayang had been playing under Pep for 2 seasons, maybe they could make it into the starting XI.

Either way I said you could make an argument for it, not that it would be a given. Miki and Wellbz no chance though. 

Gary Neville and a couple of people had a problem with him naming 6 subs.

After it was revealed that City's youth team had a game on the Friday night I think anyone with a brain accepted that was a fair enough reason not to fill the spot with a youth players.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Gary Neville and a couple of people had a problem with him naming 6 subs.

After it was revealed that City's youth team had a game on the Friday night I think anyone with a brain accepted that was a fair enough reason not to fill the spot with a youth players.

You should have been around on here at the time to see some 'knickers getting in a twist'!

We got rid of 4 old boys in the summer in Zaba, Sagna, Clichy and Kolorov and brought in Walker, Mendy and Danilo. Walker has had a decent season. Mendy appeared in only 5 games. Danilo has been poor value until he got a recent run out of position at left back. Midfielders Delph and now Zinchenko have been excellent as standin LBs. I'm sure a new LB would have been on the cards this summer but Pep has ready made options in the squad. Will he bring back Angelino and/or Maffeo who've been doing great in Holland and Spain?

I think we could also see Pep trying 3 again at the back - not successful last season but Stones, Otamendi and Laporte might work with Walker and Mendy/Delph/Zinchenko pushing forward as wingbacks.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

From 1v0 up to 1v2 loss. That was defeat on all night. City very poor. Pep seemed more interested in experimenting than winning.
5v2 Agg.

Even though there were 9 changes from the first leg, Pep can't be happy with the second half. Yes, he gave the rusty ones and  young ones a run out but they didn't create anything in the second half. In fact, they didn't look like they wanted to create anything. Yaya's days are well and truly over. 

59 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Just three losses this season; Liverpool, Wigan and Basel. Must keep away from The Reds until the C/L final. What a game that will be!

...4 losses...Shakhtar Donetsk 2 vs 1 Manchester City in December.  In fact last night was very similar and proved our reserve team isn't as good as Shakhtar and Bssel.

• Like 1

^Surprised Peo didn't try to rescue it (bring on kdb, etc) but I think he wanted to see how certain players (Foden and Yaya mainly) coped. Thought Sane was excellent on the ball. Enjoyed Diaz brief cameo. But mostly they played like I was feeling at 4am...knackered!

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...4 losses...Shakhtar Donetsk 2 vs 1 Manchester City in December.  In fact last night was very similar and proved our reserve team isn't as good as Shakhtar and Bssel.

Yes!! You are right. Forgotton about that one. A good team knows when to lose (when it's not crucial to win).

I knew we are the Premier top scorers (83 vs Liverpool's 67) but when did we become the meanest defence (20 vs ManU's 22)? Think we can put the main reason for our improved defence is Ederson (way better than Bravo) and a greatly improved Otamendi.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I knew we are the Premier top scorers (83 vs Liverpool's 67) but when did we become the meanest defence (20 vs ManU's 22)? Think we can put the main reason for our improved defence is Ederson (way better than Bravo) and a greatly improved Otamendi.

You became the meanest defence this week. Was level on 20 goals conceded before the Palace game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Kun twattered
"During yesterday's training I had a discomfort on my left knee. The club's doctors told me I'll be back with the team in approximately two weeks. Now it's time for a full recovery!"

Any excuse to hit the whisky and contemplate the next two weeks without aguero