Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Yes Liverpool deserved to go through.  Thats not in doubt.  But it shows though how fine the lines can be.

oh no doubt man. you're talking about the quarter finals of the european cup, every call and decision is massive. 

mourinho is still pissed off about the ghost goal from 2005. and even if the goal hadn't been given he's never been able to answer the question about liverpool having a penalty and petr cech being sent off. :)

City were doomed when they got a goose egg at Anfield. I think that's the long and short of it. (Though Roma found a way).

Big game away to Spurs this weekend. Another 1:45AM start. I do hate those.

City will win the league and take two trophies this season. Not a bad haul and I'm not going to be too disappointed about the CL. Tough enough to grab two, much less three or four.

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

there's never a bad time to play a beatles song?

Usually I'd agree but before you play Liverpool at home it seems a bit odd. Especially as they are a Manchester club.

Oasis back catalogue not big enough?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Usually I'd agree but before you play Liverpool at home it seems a bit odd. Especially as they are a Manchester club.

Maybe it was our way of showing how you should welcome an opposing team. Not heard anything this morning about the Liverpool team bus being attacked either.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Oasis back catalogue not big enough?!?

1. the beatles weren't football fans really though paul was always rumoured to be a boyhood evertonian.

2. the only acceptable bit of oasis' back catalogue is definitely maybe.

still annoys me that united get to go onto the pitch to the stone roses' "this is the one". 

• Like 1

Repeat... there is nothing wrong with the Beatles.

But like it or not they are band which will always be associated with Liverpool. Would it feel weird if United played them before a game at OT? Yes. Would it be even more weird if we played them before a game against Liverpool? Yes. 

Stone Roses all day long... 

• Like 1

Well done Liverpool. Go on and win it now for England. We all wish you well. 

The title is as good as ours and hopefully a new points record.

Looking forward to future challenges, not just from the Reds, but from London teams too. And who knows an 'outside smoker; as in Leicester, could get in the mix.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Great first half and yes it wasn't offside mrboj.

#var de var har har

2 perfectly good goals WRONGLY disallowed, only cements my stance on VAR Ronnie. Those bad decisions will never, ever, ever even themselves out

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

But like it or not they are band which will always be associated with Liverpool. Would it feel weird if United played them before a game at OT? Yes. Would it be even more weird if we played them before a game against Liverpool? Yes. 

Bladdy hell Rick, I thought I was bad.

City been playing Beatles for years. Frankly we play too much Oasis. 

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

2 perfectly good goals WRONGLY disallowed, only cements my stance on VAR Ronnie. Those bad decisions will never, ever, ever even themselves out

I can understand your feelings and in essence i agree.  However, if its not administrated properly it turns the game into a farce as was the case in Spurs' FA cup tie earlier this season.

Do you go with VAR or take the rough with the smooth?  Difficult one.  I'd prefer to see a flowing game without interruptions but if its at the expense of correct decisions at key moments in the game i'm not so sure. Last night maybe City's first goal would have been disallowed and the Sane one given?  

All i know is if it is brought in they need a major think about how its going to be used because it ruined two of our cup ties.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, carmine said:

I can understand your feelings and in essence i agree.  However, if its not administrated properly it turns the game into a farce as was the case in Spurs' FA cup tie earlier this season.

Do you go with VAR or take the rough with the smooth?  Difficult one.  I'd prefer to see a flowing game without interruptions but if its at the expense of correct decisions at key moments in the game i'm not so sure. Last night maybe City's first goal would have been disallowed and the Sane one given?  

All i know is if it is brought in they need a major think about how its going to be used because it ruined two of our cup ties.

I know what your saying Carms and I echo your concerns. There will be teething problems at first but I think they'll get ironed out the more it gets used and with experience. I just think that (whichever way a decision goes) as long as the right outcome is made it's worth going through a few hiccups

What's the point playing a game if it ends in the wrong result - AND NO IM NOT TALKING ABOUT LAST NIGHT. Years ago we didn't have the resources/technology to get the decisions right but we do now and we should making every effort possible. 

With regards the game last, had there been VAR, I would have no problem with City's goal being reviewed and the correct decision given (I believe it was). There were many incidents in the two games which would have benefitted VAR: Liverpool 1st goal last week (offside), City's disallowed goal last week, City's disallowed goal last night and others. Get it right should be the aim regardless if the game has to stop briefly. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I know what your saying Carms and I echo your concerns. There will be teething problems at first but I think they'll get ironed out the more it gets used and with experience. I just think that (whichever way a decision goes) as long as the right outcome is made it's worth going through a few hiccups

Ultimately so do i and i believe VAR is inevitable.  And, considering how well it works in other sport there no reason it shouldn't work in football.

Last night is a prime example because its really not good enough to shrug shoulders and say one side deserved it regardless of poor decisions.  I still remind myself of the ball being one meter behind the goal line and goal not being given and baring in mind we are fans of a sport whereby most players are constantly trying to cheat the ref and will not concede to anything they themselves have made VAR a must option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

The Smiths would have been more appropriate- Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

This morning has been horrible at work. If anymore "Liverpool" fans come out of the woodwork I'm gonna kick off. Never even knew half of them liked football never mind "supported" Liverpool

The two spotty millenial Liverpool "supporters" looked bemused when I had to explain the away goal rule to them when they thought the Roma game was going to extra time.

I just kept right on grinning.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So Liverpool fans causing trouble again

Obviously were willing to risk a belting to see their team play in the Quarter final. If only yours would have bought the tickets first. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1