Manchester City

mrbojangles

34 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So what is the solution?

Back to the drawing board and the financial board of course?

Does the city team need another revamp and if so who where and what is required to catapult city amongst the super elite teams who have won the elusive CL crown?

It's all well having a strong depthy squad of 50m players and a top coach for the marathon pursuit that is the domestic league but knock out elite football Comps are a different story and that is where the issue is becoming apparent.

10 years since the sheikh too over. 

The plan is not on course in their eyes with out the CL crown.

IMO, a tweak in defence is all that is required Rc. That has been a biggest issue and that might not necessarily mean going out and spending big. More of a re-org. It will also help getting Mendy back. We might buy one or 2 players in summer but I don't think we'll be busting the bank.

Lets not forget, it's only Pep's second season and only one team can win the CL. Our team are playing fantastic football, which is great to watch. A couple of decision's going our way could have changed the outcome. Everything is Rosey and I'm not worrying and panicking.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

So what is the solution?

Does the city team need another revamp and if so who where and what is required to catapult city amongst the super elite teams who have won the elusive CL crown?

It's all well having a strong depthy squad of 50m players and a top coach for the marathon pursuit that is the domestic league but knock out elite football Comps are a different story and that is where the issue is becoming apparent.

So where is the solution for City?

I don't think we have much of a problem. 

Won one 'title'. Should have gone further in FA Cup. Should have done better in CL but we were never going to win (said it many times this season due to our defence). We should win the Premier by a good margin. We've lost few. We're having the first blip of the season. We've rejuvenated our old squad, have many good young uns for years ahead and few old uns to replace (Merlin and Vinny will be hard to replace). We have a top manager (has his flaws; who doesn't)

We're in a great shape in fact the best we've been in since Mancini's title winning side.

We will of course buy in the summer, who won't.  Cover for ageing Fernandinho.  Possibly someone for Vinny.

How can we improve in Europe,  well a big improvement would be Pep could learn to stop going gungho in every game. Youngsters will have learnt and be better next time round. Liverpool are in the semis...better team than City? No I don't think so but they did what was required. We didn't against Liverpool when I think we should of. We didn't against Monaco when Pep got it wrong.

We're close. We're in good shape and better than most. Solution?  Don't think we have a problem. 

56 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So where is the solution for City?

I don't think we have much of a problem. 

Won one 'title'. Should have gone further in FA Cup. Should have done better in CL but we were never going to win (said it many times this season due to our defence). We should win the Premier by a good margin. We've lost few. We're having the first blip of the season. We've rejuvenated our old squad, have many good young uns for years ahead and few old uns to replace (Merlin and Vinny will be hard to replace). We have a top manager (has his flaws; who doesn't)

We're in a great shape in fact the best we've been in since Mancini's title winning side.

We will of course buy in the summer, who won't.  Cover for ageing Fernandinho.  Possibly someone for Vinny.

How can we improve in Europe,  well a big improvement would be Pep could learn to stop going gungho in every game. Youngsters will have learnt and be better next time round. Liverpool are in the semis...better team than City? No I don't think so but they did what was required. We didn't against Liverpool when I think we should of. We didn't against Monaco when Pep got it wrong.

We're close. We're in good shape and better than most. Solution?  Don't think we have a problem. 

Let's see how teams react to you in the last few games. I see this last week being a complete failure on city's part.

1. Got completely whipped at Anfield.

2. Opportunity to win league v man Utd.  Bottled it big time

3. Got dealt with in own back yard for return cl fixture.

Tottenham next and I think theye will do some damage to an already fragile psyche.

A few of the players may have one eye on the WC too so I reckon it's gonna be a rough ride between now and the end for sheittty 

Edited by Rc2702

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

With respect Rc! City were "amongst the super elite teams who have won the elusive CL crown." Liverpool have a good record in Europe and are easily the top English side.

In the knock-out one goes through and one goes out. Over the two legs Liverpool were considerably better. That's just the way it was; this time!!

Next season England should aim to get at least 3 into the last 8.

Nothing wrong with City in my book. One of the best League teams ever.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

IMO, a tweak in defence is all that is required Rc. That has been a biggest issue and that might not necessarily mean going out and spending big. More of a re-org. It will also help getting Mendy back. We might buy one or 2 players in summer but I don't think we'll be busting the bank.

Lets not forget, it's only Pep's second season and only one team can win the CL. Our team are playing fantastic football, which is great to watch. A couple of decision's going our way could have changed the outcome. Everything is Rosey and I'm not worrying and panicking.

Psychologically I think the players are burnt out. Not enough left in the tank mentally and a WC year means no holiday for a lot of them. The defeat to Utd was a major upset and the way they got dealt with by Liverpool highlights how lucky you are to have got the points for the league already. A 9 point gap would have me scratching my chin at this stage and think sheitty do not have the nerve. 

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

With respect Rc! City were "amongst the super elite teams who have won the elusive CL crown." Liverpool have a good record in Europe and are easily the top English side.

In the knock-out one goes through and one goes out. Over the two legs Liverpool were considerably better. That's just the way it was; this time!!

Next season England should aim to get at least 3 into the last 8.

Nothing wrong with City in my book. One of the best League teams ever.

I'm not convinced Guardiola is the man to deliver the CL. Do you think city have a leadership issue on the pitch?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Psychologically I think the players are burnt out. Not enough left in the tank mentally and a WC year means no holiday for a lot of them. The defeat to Utd was a major upset and the way they got dealt with by Liverpool highlights how lucky you are to have got the points for the league already. A 9 point gap would have me scratching my chin at this stage and think sheitty do not have the nerve. 

You're trying to over analyse mate. In the end, on paper Liverpool beat us and deserved it but a couple of decisions going the right way could/would have made the CL games a totally different kettle of fish. Coming away from Anfield 3-1 and then going in at half time 2-0 would have been a huge difference. Now, the decisions went against us and we have to live with that but it doesn't mean we are in turmoil.

The same can be said about Saturday. Pep was clearly focussed on the CL (against many City fans wishes) and left KdB, Aguero and Jesus on the bench. Even then we went in at half time 2-0 up and should have been 4 or 5 (Aguero would have put Sterlings chances away).

As for Spurs. It would be a tough game with or without this weeks losses, so I still won't be reading too much into whatever result comes out of that one.

We're all happy mate, don't you fret yourself

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm not convinced Guardiola is the man to deliver the CL. Do you think city have a leadership issue on the pitch?

Well Pep's already won it as both a player and a manager, so don't know how you can come to that conclusion.

As for on the pitch. We do miss Vinny when he's not playing. It's that position and character that we need to be looking at getting in the summer IMO

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well Pep's already won it as both a player and a manager, so don't know how you can come to that conclusion.

As for on the pitch. We do miss Vinny when he's not playing. It's that position and character that we need to be looking at getting in the summer IMO

Well he had a great team and won it twice whilst at barca but he had another great team in bayern and fluffed it each time. 2011 was his last success and in the 7 years since he has not got as close as his pedigree suggests he should have.

Let's see how teams react to you in the last few games. I see this last week being a complete failure on city's part.

1. Got completely whipped at Anfield.

2. Opportunity to win league v man Utd.  Bottled it big time

3. Got dealt with in own back yard for return cl fixture.

Tottenham next and I think theye will do some damage to an already fragile psyche.

A few of the players may have one eye on the WC too so I reckon it's gonna be a rough ride between now and the end for sheittty 

You may be right but so long as we pick up 5 points from our last 6 games we'll be laughin.

So who's going to win then as apparently we "do not have the nerve" to win it. Stick your neck out; which one you going for then,  ManU or Spurs?

If he delivers the Premier I'll be more than happy. I can live without seeing City win the CL but I love seeing liccle old citeh lording it over all those big clubs.

Not sure R2D2 if you're trying hard to make a point about City or Pep but we're all happy enough at liccle old citeh, we've never had it so good and we appreciate everything the sheik and everyone else at the club is doing for us. Year after year we're climbing and becoming one of THE teams ...a famous rednose once said "not in my lifetime" well we proved him wrong didn't we in only a few years. 

35 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So who's going to win then as apparently we "do not have the nerve" to win it. Stick your neck out; which one you going for then,  ManU or Spurs?

I said if the gap was 9 points but as it is. It's yours to lose.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Stating the bleeding obvious! 

I tell you what is bleeding obvious bareback. Your lack of grace on here after the losses in the last 3 games. We done you home amd away we lost as a result of a sending off to you but that is it. I think we have marked your playback and I'm looking foreward to seeing if other teams take note and get stuck into your continually suspect defence.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I tell you what is bleeding obvious bareback. Your lack of grace on here after the losses in the last 3 games. We done you home amd away we lost as a result of a sending off to you but that is it. I think we have marked your playback and I'm looking foreward to seeing if other teams take note and get stuck into your continually suspect defence.

Lost your rag there :sleep:

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

We LOSE games and I have to show some kind of "grace" (think that might apply when you win). Get out of here, you're aving a larf.

Re City and Liverpool this season and particular on the 5v0 / sending off for dangerous play, read my comments exchanged with BangrakBob today. 

Our "continually suspect defence" has been part of a team that to date has lost the least (2 losses) and conceded the least in the Premier. If our defence is continually suspect what does that make the other defences?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

27 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We LOSE games and I have to show some kind of "grace" (think that might apply when you win). Get out of here, you're aving a larf.

Re City and Liverpool this season and particular on the 5v0 / sending off for dangerous play, read my comments exchanged with BangrakBob today. 

Our "continually suspect defence" has been part of a team that to date has lost the least (2 losses) and conceded the least in the Premier. If our defence is continually suspect what does that make the other defences?

Yh well I reckon your gonna concede more goals in your last 6 games than you have done in your previous 15 games. So let's play the wait and see game bareback as I said; If teams have took note it's gonna be a difficult end what should have been a fantastic season. As the outright big time spenders it's a near given you should win/buy the league but guts you just cannot buy. I'd take our approach any day over yours I'd feel like we were cheating doing it the way you do it anyway. I suspect you know what I'm saying too and you understand the feeling I can only imagine, more than most. 

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh well I reckon your gonna concede more goals in your last 6 games than you have done in your previous 15 games. So let's play the wait and see game bareback as I said; If teams have took note it's gonna be a difficult end what should have been a fantastic season. As the outright big time spenders it's a near given you should win/buy the league but guts you just cannot buy. I'd take our approach any day over yours I'd feel like we were cheating doing it the way you do it anyway. I suspect you know what I'm saying too and you understand the feeling I can only imagine, more than most. 

How many did we concede in our previous 15 games then so I do this comparison? 

20 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

So what is the solution?

Forget the Etihad, obviously this comes down to the loss at Anfield.

IMO they can't have it both ways. It's great that they want to play the same brand of football at all costs, but sometimes in CL football / playing against an ultra attacking team like Liverpool, you have to be a bit more cute in terms of tactics. 

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Forget the Etihad, obviously this comes down to the loss at Anfield.

IMO they can't have it both ways. It's great that they want to play the same brand of football at all costs, but sometimes in CL football / playing against an ultra attacking team like Liverpool, you have to be a bit more cute in terms of tactics. 

The argument could be made that Pep attempting to be "cute" didn't help, but hurt. At any rate, the amount of negative rubbish in the media about City's "problems" is laughable. They're running away with the league and will have two trophies. The recent "swoon" obviously brings comfort to their rivals and fodder for nearly all and sundry, but little more than that.

City will look to beef up with defensive midfield help for Fernandinho in the summer, and address any other issues. They'll be back next season in full stride ready to battle Liverpool, Spurs and even Man United (assuming Mourinho can permanently pull his thumb out of his bum).:smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

The argument could be made that Pep attempting to be "cute" didn't help, but hurt. At any rate, the amount of negative rubbish in the media about City's "problems" is laughable. They're running away with the league and will have two trophies. The recent "swoon" obviously brings comfort to their rivals and fodder for nearly all and sundry, but little more than that.

City will look to beef up with defensive midfield help for Fernandinho in the summer, and address any other issues. They'll be back next season in full stride ready to battle Liverpool, Spurs and even Man United (assuming Mourinho can permanently pull his thumb out of his bum).:smile:

Not saying they have major problems. We were discussing how they can go further in the CL. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Not saying they have major problems. We were discussing how they can go further in the CL. 

City will go further in the CL if Pep stops trying to outscore teams in both legs and plays it a bit cannier in the away leg like Maureen would do. Simple.

Pep on being sent off. Can't disagree with his passion but he seems incapable of controlling his passion. One of his staff needs to give him a slap when he's about to lose it.

"I prefer to be with my players than to be with my chairman, but it’s the decision of the referee. I should react better but I am who I am and I do what I do for my club. I am a human being. I try to defend my team, my club. They deserve to not feel alone.”

The Catalan made the big call that a Premier League title means more than the Champions League. “Now we have before us the most important title in the season by far. You can win the Champions League playing a good seven games. The league, no.”
Said earlier I'd rather be Premier champions, but where does Pep get his SEVEN from?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep on being sent off. Can't disagree with his passion but he seems incapable of controlling his passion. One of his staff needs to give him a slap when he's about to lose it.

"I prefer to be with my players than to be with my chairman, but it’s the decision of the referee. I should react better but I am who I am and I do what I do for my club. I am a human being. I try to defend my team, my club. They deserve to not feel alone.”

The Catalan made the big call that a Premier League title means more than the Champions League. “Now we have before us the most important title in the season by far. You can win the Champions League playing a good seven games. The league, no.”
Said earlier I'd rather be Premier champions, but where does Pep get his SEVEN from?

So this is the solution. It's the management who is to blame for their guns blazing approach. Has this guy got this tactic in his armoury amd personell though?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

?????????? you guys are <deleted> hilarious "the Catalan" ?????? "decision of the referee" ?????? " they deserve not to be alone" ??????

5-1 <deleted>!