Manchester City

mrbojangles

19 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Fiver a pint in this part of Wiltshire dear boy. Not a scouser in sight funnily enough lol.

Says the lad that vouches for anyone and anything. Utter mug. Suits you sir 

Edited by Rc2702
Baboon

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

The city players should be congratulated for their marathon March to the title but where knock out competitions are concerned we have seen the flaws and the failures of many sky blues who just have not brought their A game. This is not a one off either I mean ask Wigan....twice, ask the mighty liverpool and your staring down the barrel every time you play us now. 

I'm pleased to see some key men at city aporoaching the twilight zone so whilst a congrats is in order I think this is a Leicester, a rare event and one that will not happen again soon. Order looks like it will be restored very soon. 

Wow, that's some bizarre post R2D2; where to start!

1. City have flaws in knock-out competitions

Don't all teams? Isn't that the nature of cup football? We got knocked out by Wigan by “one action” as Pep would call it, in 90 minutes. Liverpool got knocked out of the FA Cup 3rd round by the mighty WBA, bottom team in the Premier! Only one cup tournament has been concluded this season, the Caraboa Cup, and who won it? Flawed City!

2. City will be staring down a barrel every time we play Liverpool now

Are you a new Liverpool fan or something? Don't you know City have a peculiarly poor record against Liverpool? It's a mental thing in my opinion; we start a goal down in our heads based upon history. We used to do so against ManU during the 80's to 00's but now I would say they are the underdogs in that fixture. We used to do against Wenger's team but not in recent seasons. We never used to win away at Arsenal but we do now. So things can change.

3. Players approaching twilight years

Think you mean Yaya, Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva and Bravo (apologies if I forgot anyone).

• Yaya has barely featured this season; we coped without him.
  • Kompany has barely featured; great defender, not as good though as he was in Mancini years. We have proven we can cope without him as a player but he will be missed as captain / leader. Otamendi stepped up this season which helped with the loss of Kompany. He will be replaced and we will cope without him.
  • Silva is the hardest to provide like-for-like, and that probably isn’t even possible. Talk of Isco joining. Bernardo or Gundogan (or Foden) to replace Silva? He’s the player we will miss when he goes. Not sure if he has one or two years left on his contract.
  • Fernandinho in his current position can be replaced and there’s talk already of buying a player to share the position with him next season. Fernandinho as a player though can play pretty much everywhere – 10 positions according to Pep – so he’s very useful. He’s just signed an extension so he will be around for another 2 years to take him to 34.

3. “I think this is a Leicester, a rare event and one that will not happen again soon. Order looks like it will be restored very soon.”

You are aware that City have won it 3 out of the last 7 seasons aren’t you? We haven’t been out of the top 4 during that period. We’ve just freshened up our aging squad with lots of youngsters. Average age of the squad I think is 26. I’m not saying we will win it next season, as only twice have teams retained the Premier, but we must be a good bet and I would fancy us to win it again in the next 3 seasons. Compare us to Chelsea, maybe ManU, but to Leicester - that's bizarre! 

Questions for you R2D2:

1. How do you compare City to Leicester?

2. “Order looks like it will be restored very soon” – what is that order you are referring to?

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Wow, that's some bizarre post R2D2; where to start!

1. City have flaws in knock-out competitions

Don't all teams? Isn't that the nature of cup football? We got knocked out by Wigan by “one action” as Pep would call it, in 90 minutes. Liverpool got knocked out of the FA Cup 3rd round by the mighty WBA, bottom team in the Premier! Only one cup tournament has been concluded this season, the Caraboa Cup, and who won it? Flawed City!

2. City will be staring down a barrel every time we play Liverpool now

Are you a new Liverpool fan or something? Don't you know City have a peculiarly poor record against Liverpool? It's a mental thing in my opinion; we start a goal down in our heads based upon history. We used to do so against ManU during the 80's to 00's but now I would say they are the underdogs in that fixture. We used to do against Wenger's team but not in recent seasons. We never used to win away at Arsenal but we do now. So things can change.

3. Players approaching twilight years

Think you mean Yaya, Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva and Bravo (apologies if I forgot anyone).

• Yaya has barely featured this season; we coped without him.
  • Kompany has barely featured; great defender, not as good though as he was in Mancini years. We have proven we can cope without him as a player but he will be missed as captain / leader. Otamendi stepped up this season which helped with the loss of Kompany. He will be replaced and we will cope without him.
  • Silva is the hardest to provide like-for-like, and that probably isn’t even possible. Talk of Isco joining. Bernardo or Gundogan (or Foden) to replace Silva? He’s the player we will miss when he goes. Not sure if he has one or two years left on his contract.
  • Fernandinho in his current position can be replaced and there’s talk already of buying a player to share the position with him next season. Fernandinho as a player though can play pretty much everywhere – 10 positions according to Pep – so he’s very useful. He’s just signed an extension so he will be around for another 2 years to take him to 34.

3. “I think this is a Leicester, a rare event and one that will not happen again soon. Order looks like it will be restored very soon.”

You are aware that City have won it 3 out of the last 7 seasons aren’t you? We haven’t been out of the top 4 during that period. We’ve just freshened up our aging squad with lots of youngsters. Average age of the squad I think is 26. I’m not saying we will win it next season, as only twice have teams retained the Premier, but we must be a good bet and I would fancy us to win it again in the next 3 seasons. Compare us to Chelsea, maybe ManU, but to Leicester - that's bizarre! 

Questions for you R2D2:

1. How do you compare City to Leicester?

2. “Order looks like it will be restored very soon” – what is that order you are referring to?

Correct bredbury. 1 cup concluded to date but in respect of your team. 3 have been concluded as you are knocked out of the rest.

A Leicester. 

I see a lot more intensity being pumped cities way in future league games. A blue print to stop city has been provided and hopefully noted. Hence a Leicester is on the cards.

LFC.

I know we are your bogey team I just wanted you to confirm it in your own words.

The city squad.

Awash with talent but severely lacking leaders on the pitch. The remnants of the spine is ageing or already dead so whilst this seas on has been great for you I don't see it happening next season. 

Restored Order.

Best forwards.

Very promising midfield

Rejuvenated defence

LFC top of the tree.

Edited by mrbojangles
Leave out the name calling

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Correct bredbury. 1 cup concluded to date but in respect of your team. 3 have been concluded as you are knocked out of the rest.

A Leicester. 

I see a lot more intensity being pumped cities way in future league games. A blue print to stop city has been provided and hopefully noted. Hence a Leicester is on the cards.

LFC.

I know we are your bogey team I just wanted you to confirm it in your own words.

The city squad.

Awash with talent but severely lacking leaders on the pitch. The remnants of the spine is ageing or already dead so whilst this seas on has been great for you I don't see it happening next season. 

Restored Order.

Best forwards.

Very promising midfield

Rejuvenated defence

LFC top of the tree.

1. "1 cup concluded to date but in respect of your team. 3 have been concluded as you are knocked out of the rest."

CUPS - So City have won 1 cup while liverpool have won what this season?

PREMIER - We won the Premier. After 33 games we're 22 points better off than last season. We're currently 21 points better off than Liverpool WITH a game in hand. Liverpool have exactly the same number of points after 34 games as last season indicating no progress.  Liverpool have won one trophy (league cup) since 2006. We're in great shape R2D2 - ask any City fan and they'll tell you we have NEVER been better off than we are right now. So need to worry about us R2D2, worry about Liverpool's ongoing 28 year failure to win the Premier and 1 trophy in 12 years!

2. Sorry I didn't make myself clear about liverpool and City so let me clarify. We do not win at Anfield.

3. Think you're about a season too late with your comments on City's squad. We've reduced the age of the squad and almost every player has improved under Pep. We've even discovered left backs we didn't know we had. Happy days. 

4. I do not understand, and I doubt anybody understands, your comments on "Restored Order" - pished by then? PLEASE explain more, what is this Restored Order?

5. "LFC top of the tree", in liverpool only, maybe.

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. "1 cup concluded to date but in respect of your team. 3 have been concluded as you are knocked out of the rest."

CUPS - So City have won 1 cup while liverpool have won what this season?

PREMIER - We won the Premier. After 33 games we're 22 points better off than last season. We're currently 21 points better off than Liverpool WITH a game in hand. Liverpool have exactly the same number of points after 34 games as last season indicating no progress.  Liverpool have won one trophy (league cup) since 2006. We're in great shape R2D2 - ask any City fan and they'll tell you we have NEVER been better off than we are right now. So need to worry about us R2D2, worry about Liverpool's ongoing 28 year failure to win the Premier and 1 trophy in 12 years!

2. Sorry I didn't make myself clear about liverpool and City so let me clarify. We do not win at Anfield.

3. Think you're about a season too late with your comments on City's squad. We've reduced the age of the squad and almost every player has improved under Pep. We've even discovered left backs we didn't know we had. Happy days. 

4. I do not understand, and I doubt anybody understands, your comments on "Restored Order" - pished by then? PLEASE explain more, what is this Restored Order?

5. "LFC top of the tree", in liverpool only, maybe.

Let me clear some of your hazy brain matter up.

You do not beat us at the etihad 11v11 either.

We've got more titles to our name than you have upto now. Titles change names I know that so whilst the EPL has been called the EPL you have more. Granted

We've got a squad together who you cannot beat 11v11 and we got that squad for a fraction of the cost of your squad and we played you off the park on 3 occasions via a variety of methods. We have heavy metalled you we have calmly disposed of you and thanks to these methods we have the chance to win the 1 competition your sheiks yearn for.

I can't wait to play you next season. I do not think you are as excited.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Let me clear some of your hazy brain matter up.

You do not beat us at the etihad 11v11 either.

We've got more titles to our name than you have upto now. Titles change names I know that so whilst the EPL has been called the EPL you have more. Granted

We've got a squad together who you cannot beat 11v11 and we got that squad for a fraction of the cost of your squad and we played you off the park on 3 occasions via a variety of methods. We have heavy metalled you we have calmly disposed of you and thanks to these methods we have the chance to win the 1 competition your sheiks yearn for.

I can't wait to play you next season. I do not think you are as excited.

Not sure why you refer to "You do not beat us at the etihad 11v11 either", but we did.

11 players started on each side.

We were winning 1v0 when Mane was sent off for dangerous play.

We won 5v0.

All facts!

We weren't arguing about whether Liverpool have more titles, we were arguing about City and Liverpool currently.  Stop trying to move the goal posts - remember you commenced this argument. 

Yes you do have a squad who can beat us; you did so 3 times. So far you haven't won any trophy though. In the Premier we won a battle each but we won the war. In the 3 cups you've won nothing. ManU recently beat us but I don't see them banging on about it - and they're currently 2nd - as they know the reality this season: Liverpool beat City but seem to put that higher than winning the Premier - get real.

The feeling is mutual; can't wait for next season - wish we could start now -  and playing liverpool and all the other contenders. After the great season we've had I'm very confident. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It's a Leo lek for me. 39 baht a day 6 days a week. 

No wonder you are so full of regret and anger.

Anyone know if the Crossbar has replaced their Talisker yet?

We drained both bottles on Monday evening.

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not sure why you refer to "You do not beat us at the etihad 11v11 either", but we did.

11 players started on each side.

We were winning 1v0 when Mane was sent off for dangerous play.

We won 5v0.

All facts!

We weren't arguing about whether Liverpool have more titles, we were arguing about City and Liverpool currently.  Stop trying to move the goal posts - remember you commenced this argument. 

Yes you do have a squad who can beat us; you did so 3 times. So far you haven't won any trophy though. In the Premier we won a battle each but we won the war. In the 3 cups you've won nothing. ManU recently beat us but I don't see them banging on about it - and they're currently 2nd - as they know the reality this season: Liverpool beat City but seem to put that higher than winning the Premier - get real.

The feeling is mutual; can't wait for next season - wish we could start now -  and playing liverpool and all the other contenders. After the great season we've had I'm very confident. 

Fact is when 11 players finished the game for lfc we finished you off home and away. Were still in the elite son you ain't.  These are the facts. roma next can't wait.

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No wonder you are so full of regret and anger.

Anyone know if the Crossbar has replaced their Talisker yet?

We drained both bottles on Monday evening.

And from your red face and continual pub hopping your always full of alcohol. Being a spud drove you.

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

And from your red face and continual pub hopping your always full of alcohol. Being a spud drove you.

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

Do you know who Ronnie Pickering is?

So many unanswered questions here.

Rest assured I completed my swim in record time today and am available any time for a chat r2d2.

LOL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Fact is when 11 players finished the game for lfc we finished you off home and away. Were still in the elite son you ain't.  These are the facts. roma next can't wait.

R2D2

Fact is you can raise your game for certain games, like vs top of the table City.

Fact is you can't do it regular can you as witnessed by being 21 points behind iCity in the Premier. 

Fact is you've lost 32 out of a possible 102 points. 

Which is why you lot will finish behind the terrible ManU team you lot keep banging on about and you may finish the season empty handed,  again.

.:post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2018 UEFA Youth League SEMI-finals will be played today in Nyon, Switzerland.

Chelsea (beat Real) vs Porto (beat Spurs)
13:00CET

Manchester City (beat liverpool) vs Barcelona (beat Athletico) 
17:00CET

Final (Monday 23 April, 17:00CET)

What happened in the previous finals?

2017: Salzburg 2-1 Benfica (beaten semi-finalists: Barcelona & Real Madrid)
2016: Chelsea 2-1 Paris Saint-Germain (beaten semi-finalists: Anderlecht & Real Madrid)
2015: Chelsea 3-2 Shakhtar Donetsk (beaten semi-finalists: Anderlecht & Roma)
2014: Barcelona 3-0 Benfica (beaten semi-finalists: Real Madrid & Schalke)

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2

Fact is you can raise your game for certain games, like vs top of the table City.

Fact is you can't do it regular can you as witnessed by being 21 points behind iCity in the Premier. 

Fact is you've lost 32 out of a possible 102 points. 

Which is why you lot will finish behind the terrible ManU team you lot keep banging on about and you may finish the season empty handed,  again.

.:post-4641-1156694572:

Err yh I agree it is difficult for a lot of clubs to compete against such a financial disparity and it is no coincidence your only real success as a club in God knows how long has been as a result of the injection you have received this last decade.

The joy comes from not just doing you home and away but also seeing the youngsters we have helping us achieve, TAA, Gomez etc, the shrewd investments which have turned into absolute bargains. AOC, Salah.

The sale of apparent irreplaceable  players which has resulted in a more fluid understanding between our attackers.  

Every step has resulted in progress this season and next season with Keita and 1-2 more we will compete more aggressively for the league and put you to the sword again and again bareback. And hopefully we will be the defending European champions so let's not look too far ahead just yet, our season is not over.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Err yh I agree it is difficult for a lot of clubs to compete against such a financial disparity and it is no coincidence your only real success as a club in God knows how long has been as a result of the injection you have received this last decade.

The joy comes from not just doing you home and away but also seeing the youngsters we have helping us achieve, TAA, Gomez etc, the shrewd investments which have turned into absolute bargains. AOC, Salah.

The sale of apparent irreplaceable  players which has resulted in a more fluid understanding between our attackers.  

Every step has resulted in progress this season and next season with Keita and 1-2 more we will compete more aggressively for the league and put you to the sword again and again bareback. And hopefully we will be the defending European champions so let's not look too far ahead just yet, our season is not over.

The irony is Citeh's season IS over!

You need to have played five Premier League games for the champions to be eligible for a winners' medal. However, City will be given 40 commemorative medals in total, so once those players who have qualified for a medal have received theirs, the club can decide which members of the coaching staff, officials and other players also receive one.

Players currently who've played less than 5 games are:

Benjamin Mendy - 4
Brahim Diaz - 3
Phil Foden - 3
Claudio Bravo - 1

Could we be seeing Bravo in the next few games? Umm.