Manchester City

mrbojangles

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I wonder which team the person who posted that supported ?

I support Man City. The FA attempting to endear themselves to knuckleheads ought to be a concern for all football fans. Its an indication of how utterly out of touch they continue to be. Alarming really. The FA needs a thorough cleaning.

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The FA tweet was embarassing, but was probably a mistake by the kid who is running their social media account, rather than a ploy from the senior level management to unsettle Kane.

Either way Kane is under no more pressure than any England striker of the past going into a WC. He does need to deliver, and if he doesn't the vultures will be out to get him. If you don't like it, don't play for England.

Personally I couldn't care less. United over England every time. The best major tournaments are the ones which England don't qualify for. 

I'd be more than happy if he didn't play.  It took Poch two months to restore the confidence in our England played after they got Hodged.  No doubt it will be similar after Southgate's finished with them.  And all in a country that should never have been awarded it, and a tournament that we will do little of merit.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

I support Man City. The FA attempting to endear themselves to knuckleheads ought to be a concern for all football fans. Its an indication of how utterly out of touch they continue to be. Alarming really. The FA needs a thorough cleaning.

Half agree but I think it's more indicative of how social media has become. Which club can produce the funniest meme / video / get the most likes. But obviously the FA should be staying neutral, and their marketing department has got out of control if it is making mistakes like this. 

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'd be more than happy if he didn't play.  It took Poch two months to restore the confidence in our England played after they got Hodged.  No doubt it will be similar after Southgate's finished with them.  And all in a country that should never have been awarded it, and a tournament that we will do little of merit.

At least he won't be taking corners this time. 

• Haha 1

Just now, jellydog said:

And then there were Chelsea fans.  Their perceived rivalry with Liverpool, their perceived biggest derby with us, their view that they are a big club.........why are they building a 60000 seater stadium anyway when you can't even fill your existing one for a CL game?

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Half agree but I think it's more indicative of how social media has become. Which club can produce the funniest meme / video / get the most likes. But obviously the FA should be staying neutral, and their marketing department has got out of control if it is making mistakes like this. 

Yes, and informative that when the FA embraces social media they make a mess of it. I wouldn't have expected otherwise.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I did mean the  person from the F.A (which team does he support?)

Was he a Man U supporter ?

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Probably and probably lashed up watching the game with his mates.

A stupid error of judgement and nothing more really.

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

And then there were Chelsea fans.  Their perceived rivalry with Liverpool, their perceived biggest derby with us, their view that they are a big club.........why are they building a 60000 seater stadium anyway when you can't even fill your existing one for a CL game?

With Liverpool having one just one League cup in the last ten years and Chelsea have won the Champions league , Europa League , Premier League 3 times , FA cup 4 times and the League cup twice , there is NO rivalry on that front 

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Probably some young media guy with rocks for brains trying to be "funny".

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

their view that they are a big club.........why are they building a 60000 seater stadium anyway when you can't even fill your existing one for a CL game?

Yeah, completely ignore every PL home game being a 41 000 sell-out in the last 15 years and pretty much every other cup home game selling out and focus on ONE game that wasnt a full capacity and come to a conclusion that Chelsea couldnt  fill a 60 000 stadium !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sanemax
addition

36 minutes ago, carmine said:

Not wanting to get too much involved in you're london tiff ongoing right now, but MY PERCEPTION as a football fan over many decades, is that Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and WHU are ALL BIG clubs so why bother with the 'we're bigger than you'.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not wanting to get too much involved in you're london tiff ongoing right now, but MY PERCEPTION as a football fan over many decades, is that Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and WHU are ALL BIG clubs so why bother with the 'we're bigger than you'.

I can see why you say this as without the oil money they would be enjoying a Championship relegation decider at Maine road today! :clap2:

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I can see why you say this as without the oil money they would be enjoying a Championship relegation decider at Maine road today! :clap2:

Apart from the obvious Maine Rd error, you never know what we'd be doing and it is absolutely impossible to try to even speculate. Since we returned to the Prem in 2002, up until the takeover we were always around lower to upper mid-table. Not that much different to your good selves. You had a couple of 5th places and then dropped to 11th. Anything could have happened IF the Arabs hadn't took over. We might have discovered a lottery ticket player like you did :smile:

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Apart from the obvious Maine Rd error, you never know what we'd be doing and it is absolutely impossible to try to even speculate. Since we returned to the Prem in 2002, up until the takeover we were always around lower to upper mid-table. Not that much different to your good selves. You had a couple of 5th places and then dropped to 11th. Anything could have happened IF the Arabs hadn't took over. We might have discovered a lottery ticket player like you did :smile:

You'd be back down in league 1 where you belong. If not for an Arab injection. Your manager is a bit of a prick too but congrats on the new purchase. Will look really nice in the safe err I mean cabinet.

49 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You'd be back down in league 1 where you belong.

Wow. That's a fantastic skill you have there. Did you get that by a premonition or sixth sense. Come on then, seeing as you have this great ability, how many fingers am I holding up!!

58 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You'd be back down in league 1 where you belong. If not for an Arab injection. Your manager is a bit of a prick too but congrats on the new purchase. Will look really nice in the safe err I mean cabinet.

Diddums!

Sounding bitter and childish there R2D2. One day you might win the Premier :post-4641-1156694572: Maybe you need some oil money and a manager who's a bit of prick to do it. But the wait goes on. To cheer you up have a read of what might have been.

https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/what-if-gerrard-had-never-slipped-against-chelsea

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Wow. That's a fantastic skill you have there. Did you get that by a premonition or sixth sense. Come on then, seeing as you have this great ability, how many fingers am I holding up!!

I want the lottery numbers from the Oracle R2D2.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Diddums!

Sounding bitter and childish there R2D2. One day you might win the Premier :post-4641-1156694572: Maybe you need some oil money and a manager who's a bit of prick to do it. But the wait goes on. To cheer you up have a read of what might have been.

https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/what-if-gerrard-had-never-slipped-against-chelsea

Comments are par for the course from both sheitty fans lately 

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I love it when I get a big blue marlin on my hook.

Must be a 300lb fish I reckon! :shock1:

I had to throw that tiddler BB back in the sea though till he grows up some. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Haha 2

Champers from Liverpool thread:
"City are just as happy if they stop them playing for EPL rivals...

...Rodwell, Sinclair, Roberts and Stones prove my argument,..."

I don't believe any club buys players to stop them playing for rivals any where in the world.
Regarding the 4 players supposedly bought for that reason:

Stones has played 68 games for City. He's currently lost out injury and to Vinny's return not Laporte as Stones only plays rightside and Laporte only plays left side.

Sinclair and Rodwell were bought as bright young things by Mancini. Sinclair is a bit of a gypsy and has played at about a dozen clubs; he wasn't good enough for us. Rodwell was seen as another Kompany; centreback or defensive midfield but he was injured a lot he wasn't good enough for us. Roberts was a Pellegrini buy; not sure why he hasn't been given much of a chance.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

7 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

Iniesta to leave Barca at the end of the season, linked with a move to China. What chance of him accepting an offer from New York City and a season long loan to 'Al Citeh'?

Unless there's a big change in Iniesta's thinking there's no chance (I doubt City would be interested, but you never know).  I think the China move awaits crossing a t and an i.

Personally I'd like to see him go to the MLS. China is a money pit but not much else, whereas football in the states is growing bigger by the year.