Manchester City

mrbojangles

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The sponsorship you speak of is really your chairman and his pals funding the club's transfer business.

One of the things which should be in FFP is sponsorship being mutually beneficial....not there however so fill your boots but don't tell me its anything other than what we all know it is.

Sounds to me like you are hoping that FIFA would do its job properly.....you can forget about that!!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Have you been asleep for the last 9 years. We all know and have never denied how much our owners have invested in us. Why throw that one liner in

It was thrown in because of you  trying to spin things by saying  

We are fabulously run with a really great chairman and we have fantastic sponsorship

like that's the reason's you are doing so well when in fact if it wasn't for the money you would be nowhere !!!

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

It was thrown in because of you  trying to spin things by saying  

like that's the reason you are where you are when in fact if it wasn't for the money you would be nowhere !!!

They are just the new Blackburn really aren't they?

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

They are just the new Blackburn really aren't they?

Spurs were called the millionaires  (and other things) back in the early 1960s

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I didn't mention Spurs in my quote but you still find it necessary to jump in when I was replying to a Liverpool fan ? You're all in cahoots and to be honest, you lot all ganging up is getting tiresome. Slag our club off and we defend them then we get slagged off as trolling and boring etc.

BJ

Give it up you will get nowhere with these endless arguments...the facts are simply this, in the past few years you have been very successfull playing some excellent football and congratulations for that after many previous years of disapointment...the reasons for this are well documented....however success in any form of life brings jealousy and contempt from others and you have to get used to it,as for the two clubs fans you mention in the above quote one of them has never won the premiership and we have to look back nearly 60 years since the "other lot" won an english league title......says it all.

Whatever way these critics wish to dress it up as it all boils down to one thing.....their bloody jealous...:thumbsup:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, petermik said:

BJ

Give it up you will get nowhere with these endless arguments...the facts are simply this, in the past few years you have been very successfull playing some excellent football and congratulations for that after many previous years of disapointment...the reasons for this are well documented....however success in any form of life brings jealousy and contempt from others and you have to get used to it,as for the two clubs fans you mention in the above quote one of them has never won the premiership and we have to look back nearly 60 years since the "other lot" won an english league title......says it all.

Whatever way these critics wish to dress it up as it all boils down to one thing.....their bloody jealous...:thumbsup:

Well well its wee Pete from Manchester's second string team.

How's life in the shadows old son?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Your friend under the bridge hasn't got that message yet it seems.

I think you know that's grossly unfair. We BOTH have ALWAYS said right from the first moment they injected the first quid that we are lucky to have owners with so much to invest in us. 

What has really annoyed other fans is that they thought we would be just a rich Arabs play thing. When in actual fact, they have done a fantastic job running the club and investing in the community. We are more than happy to have them and Khaldoon as our chairman

21 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I think you know that's grossly unfair. We BOTH have ALWAYS said right from the first moment they injected the first quid that we are lucky to have owners with so much to invest in us. 

What has really annoyed other fans is that they thought we would be just a rich Arabs play thing. When in actual fact, they have done a fantastic job running the club and investing in the community. We are more than happy to have them and Khaldoon as our chairman

Yeah, keep dreaming!  What annoys other fans isn't the money, its the abuse of it.  Just spend what you honestly generate and no one would have a problem.

Edited by carmine

57 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yeah, keep dreaming!  What annoys other fans isn't the money, its the abuse of it.  Just spend what you honestly generate and no one would have a problem.

You keep posting unsubstantiated accusations like this - you did it this week twice on the liverpool  thread and i asked you to substantiate but you didn't  respond - so:

1. What is this abuse of money (what the <deleted> is that anyhow?) to which we are accused?

2. What is this money you accuse us of not honestly generating?

You are aware arent you that the Uk has laws which businesses must comply with so what laws are you accusing  us of breaking this time?

1 hour ago, carmine said:

You love to call others Troll but here's  a classic case of your hypocrisy!

55 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You keep posting unsubstantiated accusations like this - you did it this week twice on the liverpool  thread and i asked you to substantiate but you didn't  respond - so:

1. What is this abuse of money (what the <deleted> is that anyhow?) to which we are accused?

2. What is this money you accuse us of not honestly generating?

You are aware arent you that the Uk has laws which businesses must comply with so what laws are you accusing  us of breaking this time?

The 220m quid in your budget marked as "other commercial income" all generated from the Middle East oddly enough.

Its not a law being broken...its FFP rules being bent over double.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The 220m quid in your budget marked as "other commercial income" all generated from the Middle East oddly enough.

Its not a law being broken...its FFP rules being bent over double.

FFP have crawled all over that and ruled it to be all fine. If you think they are doing us some sort of favour your misguided. They fined us previously and later found that we were within the rules and had to give us most of the fine back 

44 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

FFP have crawled all over that and ruled it to be all fine. If you think they are doing us some sort of favour your misguided. They fined us previously and later found that we were within the rules and had to give us most of the fine back 

I never said you were breaking the rules.....you are simply bending them to breaking point same as all of the other rich owners playthings are.

The FFP rules are a shambles which no doubt you and BB are glad of.....although you weren't always so keen if memory serves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I never said you were breaking the rules.....you are simply bending them to breaking point same as all of the other rich owners playthings are.

The FFP rules are a shambles which no doubt you and BB are glad of.....although you weren't always so keen if memory serves.

I think the root of the problem is just this.  FFP is shambolic.  But then again, what do you expect from a FIFA creation!!  Its just farcical.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

YOU may have never said that we are breaking the rules, but your mate keeps saying it and when asked to offer his reasoning behind his accusations he goes silent.

As for "simply bending them" think we all do that, think Santi would admit from his accounting days it’s part of the service offered to clients to get the most from them BUT TO STAY WITHIN THE LAW. Is your tax return 100% correct young man? - you know it isn't always :-)

All football clubs are businesses and I think you will find all clubs are try to get the best deal accounting-wise.

As for FFP i wasn't and continue not be a fan however it is there in place so we all have to comply with it. We were punished under FFP, we disagreed with but chose not to fight it (see City’s statement below). So do you think of all the clubs, that City's FFP compliance isn't checked more thoroughly that most if not all clubs! Wise up!

Here's a refresher for the one who seems to think City are breaking either FFP and/or UK laws.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/16/manchester-city-fine-transfer-cap-uefa-ffp

City "reluctantly accepted a conditional £49m fine and restrictions on their European squad and incoming transfers under Uefa's new financial fair play regime...Under the complex ruling the club must also agree to a string of other conditions: maximum losses of €20m in 2014 and €10m in 2015, to cap their wage bill at current levels for the next two seasons and to "significantly limit" spending in the transfer market for the same period. The sanctions will limit Manuel Pellegrini's options when it comes to naming his 21-man European squad, cut from the usual 25, of which eight must qualify as "homegrown"...The club, who said they were on course to break even this financial year, claimed they had complied with the FFP rules but said they reluctantly accepted Uefa's sanctions in order to provide certainty.

"In normal circumstances the club would wish to pursue its case and present its position through every avenue of recourse," City said, explaining the decision to settle with Uefa's club financial control body. "However, our decision to do so must be balanced against the practical realities for our fans, for our partners and in the interests of the commercial operations of the club."

City have argued that, despite combined losses of over £150m during the two seasons under consideration (2011-12 and 2012-13), they deserved to pass Uefa's financial test. They said that there had been "a fundamental disagreement" about how the regulations regarding players bought before June 2010 should be interpreted.

The FFP rules allowed for wages on contracts signed before that date to be discounted but only for the season 2011-12.

Uefa also had concerns over the value of their £350m sponsorship with Etihad and deals that raised £47m from image rights and intellectual property in 2012-13. It hoped that by combining sporting sanctions with a financial penalty it would hit affected clubs on the pitch as well as in the pocket.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-ffp-refund-uefa-12928418

Manchester City have been handed a £33m windfall from UEFA after complying with Financial Fair Play measures. European football’s governing body confirmed City would be refunded 40m euros (£33.4m) after meeting the requirements of sanctions imposed in 2014. City were fined £49m for breaching FFP regulations. Sanctions also included transfer restrictions and a reduced squad for the Champions League. But two thirds of the fine would be returned if City met with the operational and financial measures put in place by UEFA. In addition City agreed to limiting annual losses to set amounts each year with the purpose of moving towards break-even figures. They have achieved that comfortably - recording profit two years in succession.

A statement from UEFA read: “Manchester City FC and Paris Saint-Germain, whose settlement agreements were signed back in May 2014, have fully complied with all the requirements and overall objective of their agreements. “Consequently, they have exited the settlement regime.”

Edited by Bredbury Blue

You are heavily sponsored by a petroleum company based in Abu Dhabi....its in the link you yourself provided.

Kindly tell me what this company gets in return for its sponsorship.

You see at normal clubs sponsors expect to receive something in return for their investment.

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I have no idea what any of City's sponsors get for their money let alone a specific company, but why would they get any different to any of the major sponsors at your club and other clubs - name plastered around, etc.

Glad you said that since I've never heard of them before.

Pretty poor deal that!

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I have no idea what any of City's sponsors get for their money let alone a specific company, but why would they get any different to any of the major sponsors at your club and other clubs - name plastered around, etc.

And this pretty much sums you up.  You have no idea.