Manchester City

mrbojangles

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Because you intimate that "we" (City fans) feel it takes the gloss off. Which couldn't be further from the truth. However, if you are referring to other fans believing it takes the gloss off. Well, I'm not bothered one iota about them. Why should I be? 

No, what i intimate is that it irks City fans that "others" believe it takes the gloss off.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny really. Because in that interview Bob linked to Neville/Carra in the United thread. At 5mins 30sec, Nev complemented us on our structure and that (biting his lip) United should try and emulate it.

There's no frustration because for some reason, I only ever hear this dodgy money garbage on here from you guys. So keep up with your jealousy, not knowing where your money goes (apart from a bank in the Bahamas) and be content in your net spend league. BTW, you can't even win that. ?

if you only here this "garbage" from us guys i suggest you get out more!!  

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

No, what i intimate is that it irks City fans that "others" believe it takes the gloss off.

?? You mean all those fans of teams who had more money than us for decades, or the fans who wish they had our money. Yeah right. Nice try Carms but sorry mate, we don't give a hoot about other fans.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

?? You mean all those fans of teams who had more money than us for decades, or the fans who wish they had our money. Yeah right. Nice try Carms but sorry mate, we don't give a hoot about other fans.

Doesn't sound like it.

Anyway, taking the league as a foregone conclusion, I believe as far as your owners are concerned Pep's real task is winning the CL this season, as it was when he was at Bayern.    Would you agree on that?

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

if you only here this "garbage" from us guys i suggest you get out more!!  

I get out a lot. Where I live we have a Sports Bar with TV's showing every match and supporters from most of the Prem and other leagues. Never, do they come up with the tripe you are spouting.

It might be just your little circle of Spurs fans sat in a room with a City badge on a punch bag. Giving it large in jealous tantrums

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Doesn't sound like it.

Anyway, taking the league as a foregone conclusion, I believe as far as your owners are concerned Pep's real task is winning the CL this season, as it was when he was at Bayern.    Would you agree on that?

It probably irks you that we are not irked

I don't believe the prem is a foregone conclusion. After only 2 games, you can't say that. However, I would certainly think our owners want the CL more than anything else. For me, of course I'd like the CL but if it was a toss up between the Prem and CL, I'd take the Prem again.

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It probably irks you that we are not irked

I don't believe the prem is a foregone conclusion. After only 2 games, you can't say that. However, I would certainly think our owners want the CL more than anything else. For me, of course I'd like the CL but if it was a toss up between the Prem and CL, I'd take the Prem again.

I agree with that, though by winning the CL City fans won't have to listen to the "But you've never won the CL" mantra.

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I get out a lot. Where I live we have a Sports Bar with TV's showing every match and supporters from most of the Prem and other leagues. Never, do they come up with the tripe you are spouting.

It might be just your little circle of Spurs fans sat in a room with a City badge on a punch bag. Giving it large in jealous tantrums

Atleast you gave friend Kadilo a laugh and lets face it, the Pikeys will not be getting many laughs this season as they fight relegation.?

20 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I agree with that, though by winning the CL City fans won't have to listen to the "But you've never won the CL" mantra.

Very true. But if we don't win the prem this year, then we'll have to put up with the "how could you not win, it was a foregone conclusion" mantra ?

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Very true. But if we don't win the prem this year, then we'll have to put up with the "how could you not win, it was a foregone conclusion" mantra ?

Yes ! Even more important to win the league.:thumbsup:

"believe as far as your owners are concerned Pep's real task is winning the CL this season"

I don't  believe  thats true. Think the Owners (we have more than 1 now) will want to win the Premier, try and dominate English  football  for a period if possible and try and win the CL; they are savvy enough to realise there is an element  of lottery to the CL knockout stages.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That's probably your most ill thought out response ever Bob. You're telling me the fans who go to the matches don't affect the football?

Now you’re talking like a Daily Mail journo. I didn’t say that. 

59 minutes ago, carmine said:

Atleast you gave friend Kadilo a laugh and lets face it, the Pikeys will not be getting many laughs this season as they fight relegation.?

Dear oh dear. Such an angry man. I know where we will be thanks but it doesn’t eat me alive to the point where  I cannot still laugh and don’t feel the need continuously post about how bitter I am that there are better teams who play better football in a better position than my lot. 

I’m envious rather than jealous. 

But you carry on........at least you don’t troll

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Dear oh dear. Such an angry man. I know where we will be thanks but it doesn’t eat me alive to the point where  I cannot still laugh and don’t feel the need continuously post about how bitter I am that there are better teams who play better football in a better position than my lot. 

I’m envious rather than jealous. 

But you carry on........

Still you lot can play you own little cup final against us and celebrate like you won the CL if you sneak a win....i'm not angry, just pity West Ham fans and their lack of aspirations.  And don't say i'm not right in what i say because we both know its sad but true.

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Still you lot can play you own little cup final against us and celebrate like you won the CL if you sneak a win....i'm not angry, just pity West Ham fans and their lack of aspirations.  And don't say i'm not right in what i say because we both know its sad but true.

I’ll let them know you’re thinking of them.  

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny really. Because in that interview Bob linked to Neville/Carra in the United thread. At 5mins 30sec, Nev complemented us on our structure and that (biting his lip) United should try and emulate it.

There's no frustration because for some reason, I only ever hear this dodgy money garbage on here from you guys. So keep up with your jealousy, not knowing where your money goes (apart from a bank in the Bahamas) and be content in your net spend league. BTW, you can't even win that. ?

Nev did complement City on the structure and it being the benchmark for modern football club management. But you and BB always perceive this as some sort of genius business model, strategy that got you there, like it was the success of City over the past 8 years that has been the backbone to funding it.

When the truth is sovereign wealth enabled City to buy the best, sports scientist,  managers, coaches, to build the best Facilites, infrastructure and purchase player farms around the globe.

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

I’ll let them know you’re thinking of them.  

Only for 180 minutes a season!!  I don't actually get why West Ham fans have such an obsession with Spurs.  Its not like were rivals!!?

33 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Now you’re talking like a Daily Mail journo. I didn’t say that. 

Really. Then I'll give you a chance to put the record straight. Go back and look at what you said.

Because in relation to the fans subject, you said "Point being it doesn't really effect anyone on here, myself included, smokes seems to be the only person who regularly attends matches." To which I replied "Neither does a club's net spend affect anyone here . So why does that get so much air time?" To which you replied "Well it does affect the football, and that affects us all." 

Therefore, you said the fans don't affect anyone on here but the net spend issue does affect people on here because it affects the football. Therefore, in summary, you could only have meant that the fans don't affect the football. 

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Christ the boonies brothers are having a pop at you carms.

10-15 days per year I spend in the boonies. I was only there for 4 days this week and that'll be it until at least xmas. Actually, whilst I was up there I met 2 nice fellas. One was a Spurs fan and the other a Hammers fan. The Hammers fan's son plays for Doncaster. We talked a lot about football and neither of them mentioned money once

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Nev did complement City on the structure and it being the benchmark for modern football club management. But you and BB always perceive this as some sort of genius business model, strategy that got you there, like it was the success of City over the past 8 years that has been the backbone to funding it.

When the truth is sovereign wealth enabled City to buy the best, sports scientist,  managers, coaches, to build the best Facilites, infrastructure and purchase player farms around the globe.

Proof right there that people don't  read what we post.

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

?? Coming from a Spurs fan, that's hilarious. At least West Ham have spent circa 100m to try and improve. What aspirations do Spurs have then

Spurs fan - " i'm not angry, just pity West Ham fans and their lack of aspirations."

Spurs, one of the Big 5 back in the day, sit on the top table in the past decade or more, haven't been Champions  of England since the Beatles performed at the Cavern for the first time, surely are football's definition  of lack of aspirations.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

?? Coming from a Spurs fan, that's hilarious. At least West Ham have spent circa 100m to try and improve. What aspirations do Spurs have then

Haa City praising West Ham for spending money that's about right  ? 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

To win the leaugue, FA Cup, League Cup and CL.

I'd have thought you'd have known that mrboj.