Manchester City

mrbojangles

besides im standing by my initial comment that Cruz is no more then average and that Mark Hughes has bought at best above average players, with Given being the exception.

I must admit that I'm not a big admirer of Cruz but I'll put my faith in Hughes, if he really thinks he's that good. After all he probably knows him better than anyone else.

As for the others. They are all International's and IMO better than above average. Give em time to gel.

Youre right time will tell, see how Ol Sparky gets on this year.

From skysports:-

Santa clause causes concern

Rovers striker accepts he may be forced to remain at Ewood Park

Roque Santa Cruz admits there is a possibility no club will trigger his buy-out clause this summer.

The Blackburn striker has attracted interest from Manchester City, with the Blues having tracked the Paraguay international for some time.

Mark Hughes' men lodged a number of bids for the South American star during the January transfer window, but failed to match Rovers' valuation.

They are expected to reignite their interest in the coming weeks, but are once again expected to be met with stubborn resistance from Blackburn.

Santa Cruz's buy-out clause is believed to be around £20million, a figure City have so far been reluctant to meet.

Should the big spenders from Eastlands fail to match the required demands this time around, the talented frontman accepts that he will have no option but to carry on at Ewood Park.

"A signed document stipulates that there is a lot of money to pay to take me away from Blackburn," Santa Cruz told Radio 970 AM in his homeland.

"If they don't want to sell me, then I must complete my contract and continue with them.

"I am under contract until 2012."

Headline of the Century ^^ ?? :)

Well it is pretty quiet at the moment Singhy :D

Really though, my point about the post was that the situation is absolutely bonkers. I still don't know whether he'd be a good signing for us but he obviously doesn't want to be there and i doubt the fans want him now either. I just hope we stick to our valuation and don't go up to Blackburns greedy price. If they don't watch it, they'll be stuck with a player who clearly doesn't want anymore to do with them.

he obviously doesn't want to be there and i doubt the fans want him now either.

Come on Bojangles, i know you like the money in the Premier League, but wouldnt it be sweet if just for once an average talented footballer who wishes to milk another team ie yours gets put in the reserves for a season to teach the greedy <deleted> a lesson.

I went to Blackburn in about 1986 with my uncle who was a miner at the time, after buying a programme we found out they were Maggies team (she was a director) .... who cares less what this pointless clubs fans want!

Come on Bojangles, i know you like the money in the Premier League, but wouldnt it be sweet if just for once an average talented footballer who wishes to milk another team ie yours gets put in the reserves for a season to teach the greedy <deleted> a lesson.

I went to Blackburn in about 1986 with my uncle who was a miner at the time, after buying a programme we found out they were Maggies team (she was a director) .... who cares less what this pointless clubs fans want!

She was NOT a director.

She was honoury Vice President, with absolutely no financial involvement in the club :D

Just wanted to put you right on someone who was Britains greatest post war prime minister :D

Re Roque Cruz, personally I think he is over-rated, not worth 20 mill, let him stay at Blackburn :)

She was NOT a director.

She was honoury Vice President, with absolutely no financial involvement in the club :D

Just wanted to put you right on someone who was Britains greatest post war prime minister :D

Re Roque Cruz, personally I think he is over-rated, not worth 20 mill, let him stay at Blackburn :)

oh my good gods. did i just read a man city fan enthusing about the evil fascist milk-snatching warmongering country-dismantling whore? i cannot wait until she dies, i'll go out for a week.

She was NOT a director.

oh my good gods. did i just read a man city fan enthusing about the evil fascist milk-snatching warmongering country-dismantling whore? i cannot wait until she dies, i'll go out for a week.

I thought that would get a nibble Stevie :D

I am not going to start debating politics on a football forum :D

But she is my hero :D

I don't know whether it's him or Blackburn who are being greedy. But yeah I agree, there are some players who need that type of punishment.

I care. Whether you think they are pointless or not, they are just like the rest of us. Fans supporting and putting their hard earned money into their local team.

I don't know whether it's him or Blackburn who are being greedy. But yeah I agree, there are some players who need that type of punishment.

I dont think its RC.

Having followed the story, I put the blame at Big Sams door.

Blackburn payed 3.5 million in 2007, for him.

City offered 16 million for him last season, a huge profit, yet Big Sam turns it down. He is obviously still p!ssed at City re the Hamann deal.

Serves the tosser right, that soon after the player gets injured, and all Big Sam can think is "What a knob, I should have took the money"

I honestly do not think Hughes can bring himself to spend 25 mill on someone he bought for 3.5 mill less than 2 years ago.

I honestly do not think Hughes can bring himself to spend 25 mill on someone he bought for 3.5 mill less than 2 years ago.

And I hope he doesn't spend it. 16 million was a fekkin good offer and if Blackburn don't need it (which i doubt) then stuff em. :)

But she is my hero :D

:) Years of watching crap football must have addled your brain mate!

P.S. Shouldn't that be heroine?............ hmmm...... thinking about it...... as you were :D

(JacknDanny @ 2009-06-19 09:32:15)

Just wanted to put you right on someone who was Britains greatest post war prime minister

But she is my hero

Maybe i can warn him for something thats in the TV rules. :):D Don't get me started on her. :D

warn him? he should be fuc_king well banned for life jock.

how anyone with any connection at all to the north of england can feel anything but complete loathing for that evil bitch is beyond me. i can't wait until she's dead but hope she's in excruciating pain along the way.

how anyone with any connection at all to the north of england can feel anything but complete loathing for that evil bitch is beyond me. i can't wait until she's dead but hope she's in excruciating pain along the way.

Glad to see I am not the only one to question J and D's moral low ground. But go easy on him, perhaps she is his mother.

But then again, perhaps he was trying to be sarcastic again Mancunian style but alas - he failed yet again to grasp the concept.

I care. Whether you think they are pointless or not, they are just like the rest of us. Fans supporting and putting their hard earned money into their local team.

Youre right, i made the mistake of mixing keyboards with alcohol, i was actually glad when they won the league at Liverpool for Jack Walker ........ fcuken awful town though i'd sooner go to prison!

Glad to see I am not the only one to question J and D's moral low ground. But go easy on him, perhaps she is his mother.

But then again, perhaps he was trying to be sarcastic again Mancunian style but alas - he failed yet again to grasp the concept.

James, you have no idea who Maggie Thatcher is!!

Look at the posts above, having a go at me.....that is wit, sarcasm and fun.

Your comments are offensive (bringing ones family into it is neither witty or sarcastic, just plain daft)

And if you want to compare OUR morals, I do not EVER go back on my word or welch on a bet, unlike you sunshine :)

Now you can either join in the fun on an anonymous forum, exchanging the banter. Or you can choose to make it personal.

Upto you.

James, you have no idea who Maggie Thatcher is!!

There were men known to have a fetish for her, maybe we've just outed one!

No, it's just that jack has the same hair style :)

OY!!!!!!!!!! :D

There you go james. A perfect example of banter / wit / sarcasm. I took the urine out of jack but he knew my intent wasn't personal and saw the funny side :D

From skysports:-

Santa clause causes concern

Rovers striker accepts he may be forced to remain at Ewood Park

Roque Santa Cruz admits there is a possibility no club will trigger his buy-out clause this summer.

The Blackburn striker has attracted interest from Manchester City, with the Blues having tracked the Paraguay international for some time.

Mark Hughes' men lodged a number of bids for the South American star during the January transfer window, but failed to match Rovers' valuation.

They are expected to reignite their interest in the coming weeks, but are once again expected to be met with stubborn resistance from Blackburn.

Santa Cruz's buy-out clause is believed to be around £20million, a figure City have so far been reluctant to meet.

Should the big spenders from Eastlands fail to match the required demands this time around, the talented frontman accepts that he will have no option but to carry on at Ewood Park.

"A signed document stipulates that there is a lot of money to pay to take me away from Blackburn," Santa Cruz told Radio 970 AM in his homeland.

"If they don't want to sell me, then I must complete my contract and continue with them.

"I am under contract until 2012."

Apparently its a done deal at 18 million :D

So I guess thats curtains for Vassell :)

Arrogant <deleted> or not surely young Sturridge is worth a chance.

I feel the same way about Sturridge as StevieH does about Maggie Thatcher. Need I expand :)

Yes but youre a football fan, a breed that are renowned for being fickle as <deleted>, im sure 20 goals and you'd see him in a different light.

Arrogant <deleted> or not surely young Sturridge is worth a chance.

I feel the same way about Sturridge as StevieH does about Maggie Thatcher. Need I expand :D

Yes but youre a football fan, a breed that are renowned for being fickle as <deleted>, im sure 20 goals and you'd see him in a different light.

Mr BOJ and I both agree on this.

Sturridge is undoubtedly talented, but as yet unproven!!

He is demanding 75K/week. He has been offered 45k/week( still OTT IMHO :) )

Stephen Ireland, a proven premiership player who was one of our best players over the past season, earns 60k/week.

If you go giving unproven kids, no matter how much potential they have, more money than proven seasoned professionals, then you are certainly going to have trouble in the dressing room.

Look at Nedhum Onuha. You never hear stories of him either misbehaving or making silly demands. He is a young kid who trys and trys, improving all the time.Now an England u-21 regular. That is who you make sure you keep hold of. Not these misguided teenage wannabes who are trying to hold the club to ransom.

Thankfully, Hughes is not standing for their nonsense :D