Nigerians in Pattaya

Bagwain

Lately I have started seeing a few black Africans riding around the Darkside. The other night I was at a bar in a Chok Chai housing estate and there was a least a dozen Nigerian men a couple of women a kids having a birthday party. The owner of the bar confirmed they were Nigerians. I know they get down to Chanthaburi for the gemstone industry and in fact there is a black only hotel in the city there. Just wondering why so many in Pattaya and what may they be up to?

Anybody have a low down on this?ph34r.png

Several posts violating forum rules have been removed from view. This is a tough topic and if posts continue to violate forum rules, we'll close this thread.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

The easiest way to find out. Why dont you ask them?

I have. And my post above is exactly what I was told directly from multiple Africans I've spoken to. You can ask them yourself, they are not shy about what they are doing there, or in Bangkok. They are just trying to make a living by easy means.

• Like 1

Not one of them joined the long waiting queue at BKK immigration,and I was there all day in various interviews. Just strolled out from of out of view offices with loads of kids,weird

scenes there ,never would be possible at Soi 5,not explaining here

They are here to skim ATMs, work in Phone scams and send e-mails about you winning millions...

Exactly. and the sooner the many of you that have been indoctrinated to believe they are honest folk and have been bullied all their lives can realize the truth the better.

Give a man a plough and he will have food for life.

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Racist and offensive comment deleted

There appear to be many posters here who display an extreme form of Racial Discrimination on this Forum. This is loathsome - and says very little about the subjects of their scorn, but speaks volumes about the very low standards of the Posters ! ! ! ! For a minute or so, I thought I had strayed into a KKK-meeting and I felt dirty ! ! ! !

1zgarz5.gif

Not just low standards..but low IQ.

I expected the crotchety old racists would be extinct by now but somehow they managed to make their way to Pattaya!

Edited by OnMyWay2
  • Like 1

The easiest way to find out. Why dont you ask them?

I have. And my post above is exactly what I was told directly from multiple Africans I've spoken to. You can ask them yourself, they are not shy about what they are doing there, or in Bangkok. They are just trying to make a living by easy means.

Thats why I said ask them. Not surprised that they would just tell you flat out. Im kind of curious about their Visa situation after the crackdown and what not. Maybe they had to flee bkk.

I was on Sukhumvit Bangkok, the other day and went for a piss from those roadside bars. They told me go inside Soi 9 and their is a bucket to pee inside. I noted around 9 African's and asked them what they do here and a Nigerian was straight forward and told me we do anything to survive but since the coup they have to watch their back. They still run one roadside bar with several African woman's that freelance as hookers.

All in all they are certainly illegal immigrants and seem to be stucked in Thailand and are looking for a way to make it to Europe.

There appear to be many posters here who display an extreme form of Racial Discrimination on this Forum. This is loathsome - and says very little about the subjects of their scorn, but speaks volumes about the very low standards of the Posters ! ! ! ! For a minute or so, I thought I had strayed into a KKK-meeting and I felt dirty ! ! ! !

Discrimination is, by definition, a disgusting & unacceptable practice and I sincerely hope (and trust) that George's Boys will nip this in the butt; sooner rather than later !

1zgarz5.gif

I have been all over Africa and Nigerians are universally loathed as cheaters and scammers that give all Africans an undeservedly bad name.

Might not be PC, but, it's true.

• Like 2

I was on Sukhumvit Bangkok, the other day and went for a piss from those roadside bars. They told me go inside Soi 9 and their is a bucket to pee inside. I noted around 9 African's and asked them what they do here and a Nigerian was straight forward and told me we do anything to survive but since the coup they have to watch their back. They still run one roadside bar with several African woman's that freelance as hookers.

All in all they are certainly illegal immigrants and seem to be stucked in Thailand and are looking for a way to make it to Europe.

Why come to Thailand then, why not Spain??????

Discrimination is, by definition, a disgusting & unacceptable practice and I sincerely hope (and trust) that George's Boys will nip this in the butt; sooner rather than later !

1zgarz5.gif

My junk folder is full of Nigerian scammers,few russkies ,but mostly Nigerian.

Presume the are asylum seekers,looking at family members,learnt to destroy identity documents too,no doubt. but they are now getting entrenched in Pattaya,quite a few shopping today,fellow Thais scowling at them. Knowing how Asians dislike them,and the Japs do not let them into their country ,save for necessary.

Were you not the guy commenting on WW2 thread a while ago that was offended by the term "Jap" instead of Japanese?

Easy visa policies before under Thaksin. They have been many years in Thailand already.

Easy visa policies before under Thaksin. They have been many years in Thailand already.

They have been in Spain many years too, thats why i asked, because surely its easier to go to spain than thailand, scammers use pc/ internet

For the white people posting derogatory comments about Nigerians in Thailand, I would think twice. We're in a country where as white people we're often unfairly and ridiculously stereotyped by our hosts, the Thais. Maybe some of us or even many of us deserve some of that. But not all of us. Be careful about judging all people as the same based on a superficial thing like skin color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, etc. I doubt you appreciate it when it's done to you and believe me, if you're white, it is done to you in Thailand. Treat others as you want to be treated yourself. People who are actually being criminal, that's different, regardless of the group they're in. Even it is true (and I'm not an idiot, perhaps it is probably true) that Nigerians in Thailand have a high rate of criminality ... again not fair to prejudge specific individuals and not fair to judge all the many millions of Nigerian people back in Nigeria based on that either.

Thats the thing you can be sure there an equivalent 'why so many farangs?' thread on the Thai forum somewhere. Im going to seek out these elusiv Nigerians cause I've been in Pattaya for a month and havent seen any.

The only Nigerian I know personally happens to be the leader of the largest white catholic church in eastern Europe,

http://findingjustice.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Pastor-Sunday-Adelagja-570x192.jpeg

Thats why blanket statements make people look ignorant.

• Like 1

Racist comments will be deleted in accordance with the forum rules.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

This includes Nigerians and any other race of people.

• 3 years later...