State prosecutor orders police to question more before indicting the murder suspects in court

Lite Beer

If the General has the balls for it he could now wipe the floor with the corrupt investigation chief's and bring to bear the full force of 'proper' law by allowing the British, and possibly Burmese Police to conduct a completely new investigation. Then we would get a result and the real culprit's would be boxed once and for all.

At this time the Generals support among the Thai population is at its peak so there is no better time for him to show them he is serious about 'reform'. What better way than sorting out the Police Force before moving on to other matters.

• Like 2

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the end of the day the only thing that is really and only required to clear up this case is DNA sample matching of the semen found in Hannahs body. Who ever amtches to it then the case is over. However if some people can refuse to be DNA tested then the case will never really be closed I guess. Will the Brit Police and Myanmar officials have any influence in demanding that those refusing tests will and should be tested?? I very much doubt it, sadly.

Will our new great leader also have the balls to take the bull by the horns and as he says, rid this country and this case and others of the future and past corruption????. Will he demand that nobody has the right to refuse tests too?????. Doubt it.

Will the PM shout and demand that they allow the British Police and myanmar officials the right to demand that all suspects in this case be rightly DNA tested or are the Myanmarians and British Police just supposed to sit on a fence and watch a comedy show of errors and listen to excuses of lost evidence etc etc.

Why are the prosectuors now saying that this case is again full of flaws and holes ? Because they also know that the world is also watching them too.

If Thailand really wants to preserve its image for tourists and foreign investment, it has to be seen to be doing things correctly from now on and continue to so in the future, rather than let a few self important, hi so, rich folk dictate to the regime of the day, in order to admonish themselves of guilt.

As we all know, It is not only happening to Tourists but Thai to Thai also, what is going to happen to Prince Red Bull et al????????

Now is the chance to save real face and show one and all in Thailand and around the World , that nobody in Thailand is above the law, regardless of postions in society, political affiliations or how much dodgy money they have in the bank .

While some of us on here have believed that the UK took DNA samples from Hannah's body, a member here who is involved in international affairs sent me a link and a quote saying that protocol for sending a body back to the UK is to first embalm the body. I saw that and I read that.

I have read hints from the UK that they have that DNA, but I can't find a clear statement from the UK that they do. I have been believing that surely they took samples.

Now I don't know what to think. Did the UK ask the Thais to forego written protocol and send the bodies without embalming, or were they embalmed?

Does anyone remember any clear statement from the UK saying they have DNA from Hannah, and if so is there a link?

Make these farangs believe that we did our best. ......

And you forgot to add, "then everything can go away , tourists will increase again and everything and everyone will be smiling again, as we will teach all our children the 12 core values of how to live a perfect life in peace and harmony with all.

giggle.gifbah.gif

And what you forgot to add, is that "the children will learn all this, and more about the correct democracy, from,the new and shining, proper history books" (Source: Khaosod English news) coffee1.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by jabis
  • Like 1

IMHO, it should better be the exact opposite: that a State prosecutor should be involved in (leading?) every investigation, from its start, at least in cases of homicide or wounds inflicted by weapons (not only guns, also knives, iron bars, aso). Nr.1 it would ensure that all acts of investigation are made in the ways required and accepted by the Courts; Nr.2 it could by itself eliminate (most of?) the corruption and protection by the Police, also for acts committed by, or on behalf of, 'influential persons'. This system works quite well (anyway better than letting the Police 'do its thing'...) in several European democracies...

Knowing how things work in Thailand I would guess even if they did embalm they didn't do a great job and enough DNA still exists. There is no reason to tell Thailand either way as the less the RTP know about what The British police know the better. It is easy to catch them in a lie.

Once the RTP Lie to the Brits the gloves will come off I am sure and it will get internationally nasty.

• Like 1

At the end of the day the only thing that is really and only required to clear up this case is DNA sample matching of the semen found in Hannahs body. Who ever amtches to it then the case is over. However if some people can refuse to be DNA tested then the case will never really be closed I guess. Will the Brit Police and Myanmar officials have any influence in demanding that those refusing tests will and should be tested?? I very much doubt it, sadly.

Will our new great leader also have the balls to take the bull by the horns and as he says, rid this country and this case and others of the future and past corruption????. Will he demand that nobody has the right to refuse tests too?????. Doubt it.

Will the PM shout and demand that they allow the British Police and myanmar officials the right to demand that all suspects in this case be rightly DNA tested or are the Myanmarians and British Police just supposed to sit on a fence and watch a comedy show of errors and listen to excuses of lost evidence etc etc.

Why are the prosectuors now saying that this case is again full of flaws and holes ? Because they also know that the world is also watching them too.

If Thailand really wants to preserve its image for tourists and foreign investment, it has to be seen to be doing things correctly from now on and continue to so in the future, rather than let a few self important, hi so, rich folk dictate to the regime of the day, in order to admonish themselves of guilt.

As we all know, It is not only happening to Tourists but Thai to Thai also, what is going to happen to Prince Red Bull et al????????

Now is the chance to save real face and show one and all in Thailand and around the World , that nobody in Thailand is above the law, regardless of postions in society, political affiliations or how much dodgy money they have in the bank .

While some of us on here have believed that the UK took DNA samples from Hannah's body, a member here who is involved in international affairs sent me a link and a quote saying that protocol for sending a body back to the UK is to first embalm the body. I saw that and I read that.

I have read hints from the UK that they have that DNA, but I can't find a clear statement from the UK that they do. I have been believing that surely they took samples.

Now I don't know what to think. Did the UK ask the Thais to forego written protocol and send the bodies without embalming, or were they embalmed?

Does anyone remember any clear statement from the UK saying they have DNA from Hannah, and if so is there a link?

None that I have read , to my recollection , and a good point made .

It's time the PM sacrificed some high ranking cops. Thailand knows the case is a cockup, the Western world knows it's a cockup, he still has time to regain the publics support while saving face.

One thing is to sacrifice some high ranking cops, another to sacrifice people close to the man, who indirectly brought him to power!!whistling.gif

• Like 2

If the General has the balls for it he could now wipe the floor with the corrupt investigation chief's and bring to bear the full force of 'proper' law by allowing the British, and possibly Burmese Police to conduct a completely new investigation. Then we would get a result and the real culprit's would be boxed once and for all.

At this time the Generals support among the Thai population is at its peak so there is no better time for him to show them he is serious about 'reform'. What better way than sorting out the Police Force before moving on to other matters.

What about loss of face? Even the General is a proud Thai male, and with the statements he has felt the need(?) to make about this botched 'investigation' to protect the Police in the awfull mess it was creating, he's way too deep into it now to even consider to go in reverse. Alas, IMO, as it puts a spot on the General's record, but TiT, whether you like it or hate it (like I do), it's for sure not a Pharang who will change anything to it...

“…find more circumstantial evidence before the state prosecutor could prosecute them in the court. wai2.gif wai.gif

Desperately grasping at straws aren’t they?

That's the best they've got? blink.png

circumstantial:

adjective

(of evidence or a legal case) pointing indirectly toward someone's guilt but not conclusively proving it.

The kind that gets thrown out of Court in the real world.

On a regular basis...

facepalm.gif

What happened to "Perfect'? Twice.

Edited by iReason

IMHO, it should better be the exact opposite: that a State prosecutor should be involved in (leading?) every investigation, from its start, at least in cases of homicide or wounds inflicted by weapons (not only guns, also knives, iron bars, aso). Nr.1 it would ensure that all acts of investigation are made in the ways required and accepted by the Courts; Nr.2 it could by itself eliminate (most of?) the corruption and protection by the Police, also for acts committed by, or on behalf of, 'influential persons'. This system works quite well (anyway better than letting the Police 'do its thing'...) in several European democracies...

Good idea, apart from the fact that, they are all (on all levels) part of the same failed system!!sad.png

• Like 1

"He said that case needed to have substantial evidence as it is closely watched by people around the world."

more substantial than a dna match and confession?!

is that evidence not rock solid anymore then?

It's not rock solid if RTP is lying all this while.....whistling.gif

So true, but we all know that's never ever going to happen

Lets be honest, in any first world county this so called case would never have made it past first base.

Can the powers that be just say ' hey this is a <deleted> up of the highest order, get those boys out of jail. Forget how much you are earning out of it, and lets stop making ourselves look like <deleted> to the rest of the world.

• Like 2

I see no reason why the embalming process would remove any evidence left behind if it was done at all.

The victims were sent back to the UK less than a week after the incident which is before all the publicity around the case started to gather any kind of momentum.

Edited by ukrules

“…find more circumstantial evidence before the state prosecutor could prosecute them in the court. wai2.gif wai.gif

Desperately grasping at straws aren’t they?

That's the best they've got? blink.png

circumstantial:

adjective

(of evidence or a legal case) pointing indirectly toward someone's guilt but not conclusively proving it.

The kind that gets thrown out of Court in the real world.

On a regular basis...

facepalm.gif

What happened to "Perfect'? Twice.

With all due respect, circumstantial evidence is often the best evidence there is. It's much better than, say, eyewitness testimony.

A DNA match is circumstantial evidence. So are fingerprints. So are microscopic machining marks on a bullet proving it came from just one gun. So are fingerprints on bullets in that gun.

It does often require a chain of evidence to prove something. However, if my semen matching my DNA is found in the body of a rape victim, Those circumstances show that I was it.

I see no reason why the embalming process would remove any evidence left behind if it was done at all.

The victims were sent back to the UK less than a week after the incident which is before all the publicity around the case started to gather any kind of momentum.

So are you saying slinging two dead bodies in the back of a pick up truck wrapped in blue plastic isn't called embalming

Edited by bertty

So are you saying slinging two dead bodies in the back of a pick up truck wrapped in blue plastic isn't called embalming

I'm not sure what you're inferring here but they were first frozen and then sent to Bangkok. From Bangkok they were sent to the UK. This all happened in 6 days.

What happened in Bangkok is anyones guess.

It's time the PM sacrificed some high ranking cops. Thailand knows the case is a cockup, the Western world knows it's a cockup, he still has time to regain the publics support while saving face.

From two scapegoats to one sacrificial lamb.

I wonder who it is going to be.

However a cross check of the suspects’ claim with Koh Pha-ngan police chief Pol Col Prachum Ruangthong showed there was no beating as claimed by the suspect. The officer confirmed no beating or torture.
  • Like 1

Works in the UK.

Edit: No it doesn't. I thought you were talkin' bout my vid. Sorry.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=722122301198831&set=vb.596740650403664&type=2&theater

works

Edited by kaobang

at least give them a chance to do this questioning without calling it a farse, observers will be able to hear the questions and make their own conclusions.

Will they be allowed to draw their own conclusions? probably, will they be able to make their conclusions public?

Zip back twenty years, not a chance.

But now?

This has been a farce since day one, and this is a prime opportunity to drag Thailand out of the 19th Century.

• Like 2

at least give them a chance to do this questioning without calling it a farse, observers will be able to hear the questions and make their own conclusions.

Will they be allowed to draw their own conclusions? probably, will they be able to make their conclusions public?

Zip back twenty years, not a chance.

But now?

This has been a farce since day one, and this is a prime opportunity to drag Thailand out of the 19th Century.

We live in an age of leaks. I have a feeling information will make it's way into the public domain one way or another.

It is indeed a farCe. Indeed, it is a farce of epic proportions. It is only because of social media and international outcry that the farce is being exposed to the light of day. Now I am beginning to think that farces and atrocities of this magnitude are commonplace in Thailand. I never realized it before. I knew that bad things happened, but I always comforted myself by thinking that somehow the victims must have done something to deserve it, surely the powers that be could not let such things happen, much less let them go unpunished. How wrong I was to think like that.

• Like 1

Confessions, DNA and witnesses aren't enough? rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

"He said that case needed to have substantial evidence as it is closely watched by people around the world."

Otherwise, "hey, the guys we picked up are Burmese nobodies, so just sentence them to death quickly and be done with it."

You and the poster above don't know the DNA matches. The witnesses have been unreliable. The Burmese-and-cop show of the reenactment was a farce, with a photo even showing how the Burmese had to be coached to get the facts right. The confessions were said to have been made under duress and there is mountains of evidence over the years that this is a regular occurrence, it could be called common knowledge thus confessions in MANY countries including the USA and Thailand are very often suspect. Never mind that confessions are traded for leniency and intimidation regarding punishment is also used.

Do you think the hundreds of thousands of people who are suspicious of the conclusions about this case are daft? Conspiracy theorists?

I notice the ratio of doubters to true believers on this forum is huge, though the post count thanks to the trolls and possible shills is nearly even! But

the momentum is on the side of getting to the real bottom of this so carry on with your unfounded certainties but if justice is eventually served you'll be in for a surprise.

Some posters obviously don't understand the rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif emoticons.

rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Apologies for my obtuseness.

I used to own a CBX650, great bike smile.png

• Like 1

i would like to comment on is this scenario.

Suppose,just for a moment, that the real killer(s) are island bound locals, and these suspects were convicted, then lawfully the case would be closed,but will give the real culprits a license to kill again, now wouldn't it?

Then...in that scenario... there are forces at work , even bigger and more powerful the General Prayuth, now won't there?

Or is it so dumb and crazy that dangling medals,straightened postures,and as many camera;s as possible to feed a compulsary addiction to attention ...is more important then the public Global image of Thai law enforcement ?

If so...........what would you do?

Leave?