Monitor lizard diet - geese disappearing

quit blamin' the poor lizards...it's probably yer neighbors sneakin' around and grabbin' birds and tryin' to cook them up whole stove top in a wok and not bein' very successful...

'Somchai! ye better make this yer last attempt...them falangs are runnin' outta birds...'

Glad you found the culprit. Here in my Bangkok moobaan which has lot of water features/canals, we have quite a few monitor lizards usually around 1 meter in length but every few months you see one around 2 meters in length. Quite a few geese and ducks in the water features.and even a couple of swans. The monitor lizards and feathered creatures seem to co-exist peacefully and no one has ever complained about the lizards eating the feathered creatures...usually a feathered creatures death occurs from being run over by a vehicle when crossing a moobaan road. From what I've seen the monitor lizards eat frogs, small fish, and snakes...walked up on a lizard along a canal just a few days ago and the lizard was chowing-down on frog...the lizard was scared by me walking up on it, it dropped the frog, and then made mad dash to the canal a few meters away.

i too have geese here in thailand,

BUT, they dont make as much noise as geese in the uk or as agresive, they just arnt the same, so dont think they are going to make much noise, well mine dont anyway, i had geese in the uk that would make visitors run for the gate, but these here like i say arnt like that,,

my ducks make more noise then the geese when anyone goes near,