PM relaunches efforts to regulate public transportation vehicles

webfact

PM relaunches efforts to regulate public transportation vehicles

BANGKOK, 21 October 2014 (NNT) – Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed relevant state agencies to reorganize public van, taxi, and motorcycle taxi services as well as beach front areas after recurring problems have occurred in many areas.

The campaign has been implemented in July of this year, but since then encroachment issues continue to linger in beach areas. Vans and other public vehicles are still found illegally parked in a number of places.

General Prayut said not only will the measures be more strongly enforced, a set of assistive measures will also be extended to business operators in a bid to ensure the success of the project.

He also vowed to beef up security for international tourists in popular destinations following the double murder on Koh Tao and the recent speed boat collision near Krabi, which left two South Korean tourists missing.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-21 footer_n.gif

"He also vowed to beef up security for international tourists in popular destinations following the double murder on Koh Tao,,,"

Blaa blaa blaa...

"...and the recent speed boat collision near Krabi, which left two South Korean tourists missing." wai2.gifwai.gif

Correction: Two South Korean tourists DEAD.

"He also vowed to beef up security for international tourists in popular destinations following the double murder on Koh Tao,,,"

Blaa blaa blaa...

"...and the recent speed boat collision near Krabi, which left two South Korean tourists missing." wai2.gifwai.gif

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Search-resumes-for-missing-South-Koreans-after-Tha-30245835.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Korean-womans-body-found-but-search-continues-for--30245958.html

Edited by ratcatcher

The present government/PM seems to have done quite well in cutting out several avenues for corruption which have been runing rampant for several years. Especially when you consider the dire straits the previous group of bandits left the country in.

Granted many want instant results that can be advertised as successful or failure, but this govt./PM seem to be trained to look at the indvidual skermishes that take place to gather info, find weakness, etc. that must be taken before you make a full commitment of resources. The final results may be months or even a few years to be successful, but anything is better than what Thailand experienced during the Taksin fleecing of the people and the countries resources.

• Like 1

Blaa blaa blaa...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Search-resumes-for-missing-South-Koreans-after-Tha-30245835.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Korean-womans-body-found-but-search-continues-for--30245958.html

http://www.thephuketnews.com/breaking-second-phuket-boat-crash-victim-found-49267.php

• Like 1

Blaa blaa blaa...

http://www.thephuketnews.com/breaking-second-phuket-boat-crash-victim-found-49267.php

Thanks 4 that.

Is there any more information about the speedboat, why it crashed, speed etc. The Nation mentioned the "driver" was fiddling with a plastic bag on his foot when the crash happened. Was he speeding (notwithstanding it was a speedboat) ? No photos unfortunately.

All to divert attention from the real issues!!

and they are?? please take time out to list these issues of course I Y H O

First, I hope he didn't stage a coup to fix public transportation??

As for the real issues:

When is an election going to take place?? 2016,2017,2018................................?

Corruption!! Know it is a difficult one, but start at home and try to get rid of corruption within the army.

And when writing the new charter, why not separate politicians from the money? Know it takes a whole new structure, but anything must be better than the present system!

Wealth-distribution, unless something is done about that, we will have the vicious cycle of red/yellow going on forever.

Education! As above, stop using a poor school-system to keep people in place!!

Just to mention a few, that IMO are far more important than uniforming the motosai-taxis!!

My feeling is that Prayuth doesn't see the whole picture. As army he thinks, a raid here, a raid there will solve the problems! And since he is surrounded by yes-sayers, he is not going to get any help there.

I believe, that he really wants to do what is best for Thailand, but doubt his ability.

After all he is very much part of the system, that badly needs to be reformed.

Edited by JOC

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As for the real issues:

When is an election going to take place?? 2016,2017,2018................................?

Corruption!! Know it is a difficult one, but start at home and try to get rid of corruption within the army.

And when writing the new charter, why not separate politicians from the money? Know it takes a whole new structure, but anything must be better than the present system!

Wealth-distribution, unless something is done about that, we will have the vicious cycle of red/yellow going on forever.

Just to mention a few, that IMO are far more important than uniforming the motosai-taxis!!

My feeling is that Prayuth doesn't see the whole picture. As army he thinks, a raid here, a raid there will solve the problems! And since he is surrounded by yes-sayers, he is not going to get any help there.

I believe, that he really wants to do what is best for Thailand, but doubt his ability.

"when is an election going to take place?"

Actually I prefer if he takes 5 to 10 years before an election, because it will take a long time to get real reforms in place, e.g. education reform, massive reduction in corruption, with laws, punishments and agencies in place to quickly spot corruption / stop it from quickly recurring, frame and pass laws which prevent 'get rich quick clubs, with salary', from restarting their dictatorship drive, make real gains in equal application of the law and gain a scenario where folks realize that laws are there for good reasons.

Go general go.

Spot on, let them take their time with elections (Thais don't understand elections anyway. Oh, we don't like the result, let's have a protest resulting in a coup). Give the current bunch of pollies the time necessary to root out current problems and to come up with the systems, the accountability, to get things done.

The systems required need to start from scratch. eg. How to allocate public money to a job and have that money available for the job. I saw first hand how poorly Thai systems work recently. I travelled daily on the road between Yasothon and Mukdaharn during a major upgrade. Doubling it's width and total resurfacing. By the time the money made it to the job there was obviously nothing much left, because the build job was a disgrace - the new road had holes in it after 2 weeks of completion. And these holes rapidly got larger because there is no structure underneath.

Public money disbursement - a major problem for Thailand with it's feudal systems.

As for the real issues:

do you know i am almost sorry i asked i think you are the most concerned poster i have read about with something that doesn't really matter what you think unless you are DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM BRIGADE

As for the real issues:

In other words: Don't need to solve any problems as long as an election date is not set.

Another day, another 'crackdown'. I thought the vans were going to be prevented from using Victory in the last crackdown; I thought the sidewalks were to be cleared of vendors...there is no plan here....just a series of press releases to keep the good general on the front pages.

To get things done, you don't tackle 25 issues at the same time....you focus on one or two important issues, formulate plans and then implement them, and keep on implementing until they take root and the issue is solved for good...then move onto another one or two and implement them.

I have listened to the general's speeches...great long rambly unfocussed affairs, where he tells us all the issues have been resolved, but never gives any specifics....frankly it's amateurish. Nothing will ever get done with good intentions if an unfocussed approach means that it is impossible to implement. Now after each crackdown, 5 minutes after each press release we are be back to business as usual.

My advice...start with the top of the police force and stamp out corruption...unless the senior officers are clean how can you expect the troops to be clean? Send the corrupt ones to jail for long periods until they get the message. I think Thailand has way too many police but if you have a problem there is no redress because the police will not or cannnot help....I say if they can't even help with violent crime (because there is no money in it for them or because the have links to the perps) then get rid of half the police force because they don't keep the peace anyway, so there is no downside for law and order, and it might save motorists some tea money. There is no respect for the law amongst citizens, because the police who are supposed to uphold it, don't do their jobs...it is a failed institution. If the general does this he will set Thailand on the path forward to a bright future....if he fails to root out corruption in the police, the future looks dim indeed.

• Like 2

Another day, another 'crackdown'. I thought the vans were going to be prevented from using Victory in the last crackdown; I thought the sidewalks were to be cleared of vendors...there is no plan here....just a series of press releases to keep the good general on the front pages.

To get things done, you don't tackle 25 issues at the same time....you focus on one or two important issues, formulate plans and then implement them, and keep on implementing until they take root and the issue is solved for good...then move onto another one or two and implement them.

I have listened to the general's speeches...great long rambly unfocussed affairs, where he tells us all the issues have been resolved, but never gives any specifics....frankly it's amateurish. Nothing will ever get done with good intentions if an unfocussed approach means that it is impossible to implement. Now after each crackdown, 5 minutes after each press release we are be back to business as usual.

My advice...start with the top of the police force and stamp out corruption...unless the senior officers are clean how can you expect the troops to be clean? Send the corrupt ones to jail for long periods until they get the message. I think Thailand has way too many police but if you have a problem there is no redress because the police will not or cannnot help....I say if they can't even help with violent crime (because there is no money in it for them or because the have links to the perps) then get rid of half the police force because they don't keep the peace anyway, so there is no downside for law and order, and it might save motorists some tea money. There is no respect for the law amongst citizens, because the police who are supposed to uphold it, don't do their jobs...it is a failed institution. If the general does this he will set Thailand on the path forward to a bright future....if he fails to root out corruption in the police, the future looks dim indeed.

Agree 100%. Law and order is the backbone of any society, without it you have Anarchy.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The present government/PM seems to have done quite well in cutting out several avenues for corruption which have been runing rampant for several years. Especially when you consider the dire straits the previous group of bandits left the country in.

Granted many want instant results that can be advertised as successful or failure, but this govt./PM seem to be trained to look at the indvidual skermishes that take place to gather info, find weakness, etc. that must be taken before you make a full commitment of resources. The final results may be months or even a few years to be successful, but anything is better than what Thailand experienced during the Taksin fleecing of the people and the countries resources.

How many coups does it take to change a light bulb?

Thirteen and counting.....