Koh Tao murder suspects retract confessions: 'interpreter assaulted us'

webfact

Where was the DNA testing done? This report clarifies things a bit: ThaiPBS September 16

Where to now? Try resetting the clock to September 23 and start again. Everything reported after that is - questionable...

Thai PBS September 23: One tourist murder suspect now arrested, another on the run

Witness the u-turn of the century...

Thai PBS September 24: New twist in murder of two Brits in Koh Tao

Thai PBS September 25: Police now rule out Koh Tao headman’s son

• Like 2

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the evidence speak for itself I say, I have no doubt they have been assaulted in police custody but I do worry sometimes about people rushing to conclusions about their complete lack of involvement in the crime.

The DNA evidence is the key to the whole case and getting it checked again is going to be the decisive factor

Isn't the interpreter just some local pancake seller?

it is the DNA that keeps swaying me, if it was collected from the 2 boys and proved to be theirs, then who gives a shit about how they were treated, but I think they are now trying to turn this around because they have been told of all the talk of corruption, and are most probably using that for their advantage, if im wrong then, well retract it, because its Thailand and we are allowed to change anything we want in Thailand by the day.

Guessing the police were hoping they'd commit suicide in prison, or at least wished for a fast-track trial. Tough on them and I hope it all comes out and destroys careers and KT tourism (until it's thoroughly cleansed).

I see Mr Kent's name mentioned again. Why? And why is he still ambassador even?

I bet the British bobbies are relishing working with the Thai police. I hope they are familiar with this place as it'll be easy to run them around if not. They'd be better off being chaperoned by the army. RTP should take a backseat or, better still, get out of the car!

If the British Police play their cards right they could have a brand new Mercedes waiting for them when they get home.

Probably that nice Police Colonel the head of Koh Phangan police would let them borrow his if they wanted a test drive first?

Lies! This was a perfect police investigation and you farrangs just need time to understand.

Happiness in the Kingdom now sits at 120% and corruption has been eradicated.

Love live the Generalissimo

"Lies! This was a perfect police investigation and you farrangs just need time to understand".

Well, tullynagardy I can assure you that by world's best practice this was most definitely NOT a perfect police investigation. Like everyone else I have been following events everyday, particularly the constant stream of contradictory press releases by the RTP. Nothing, I repeat nothing, could have been more counter-productive and amateur than the performance of the RTP. I have no knowledge whatsoever as to the guilt or innocence of the accused and I would respectfully suggest that you do not either.

As for your statement that corruption "...has been eradicated", you just have to be joking. By this statement you lose any credibility you may have had. As for your ridiculous and somewhat insulting comment that "...you farrangs just need time to understand". You are obviously ignorant as to the depth of understanding that most farangs have regarding this matter.

I guess you got it wrong. He is sarcastic. Nobody with a clear mind would mean what he said.

Mon is everywhere.

He either has a finger right in this pie, or if not knowledge of what happened.

and Sean must know more too. If loads of locals apparently know what went down (is that still the claim?) then Sean does too. Hope the UK cops speak to him and he spills the beans before they go to 'observe'

Sean is back communicating ..look at the comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEMf3iuEFs&feature=em-uploademail

Glad to see he has spoken out. What he says sounds viable too. BUT there were quite a few people early on insinuating that many (local) people on the island knew what happened that night. I'm surprised that if that is the case that Sean did not pick up some of this knowledge.

And not 100% sure I believe he takes no drugs. Seen mention of the 'red pill' on one of his profiles somewhere, which is the most common colour for Ya ba no? Anyway, pleased to see him speak out. Like he says, let's see the footage of him covered in blood in Mon's bar.

Mon knows a lot imo. I've thought so since day 1. Not saying he was directly involved but he knows about it. Coulda been the DJs (the village heads sons / nephews look like they are in or hang with the DJ group)

Meh, seems a lot of you haven't seen the Matrix, nor get the gist of red pill vs blue pill, so here's a little wikipedia entry explaining it.

Ta for the clarification

"A police spokeswoman said police from New Scotland Yard had yet to contact Thai police about how or when their detectives would start "work" with them. Pol Lt-Colonel Chanchai Rattanaphanich said all details on the case including crime-scene investigation had been readied for them."

Can't wait for the UK bobbies to read the Engrishee translation of those thousands of pages. They will go nuts reading "two peoples has killd two peoples". "kon burma very maidee and run with from away bodys" and the ever incredible "DNA of two kon burma maidee bad have on them and on bidys of two peoples and all police peoples love uk peoples and wes too". w00t.gifw00t.gif

Mate please can I elect you to write the book of the story of the Thai police investigation that will be made into a miniseries. I laughed so hard at your telling of the extracts of the report. I almost spat my beer. This is priceless and bloody SPOT ON ! Well done mate.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, so many westerners, including many on this very forum, were calling for the murderers to be found quickly and sent to prison the next day. Even though in most foreign countries it takes time to find the suspects, here they are condemned for not finding the suspects next to the dead bodies. Because we live in a tourist area, they try to please the foreigners wishes and deliver results that are not correct, but expedient. Next time please give them some room to do their job.

do their job ha ha ha sat on thier butts counting tea money

Some people believe they did have the right ones at the beginning. A job well done. The police themselves decided to make this complicated, and change the course they were on. Almost everything, pictures, suspects, tools of the crime, have come directly from the police. Csi and tv just remind them, since they forgot.

This is good news, the retraction, it has put the prosecution on the back pedal, they have already responded by saying 'ok but we have the dna evidence which will be enough '.

And we all know the dna evidence is corrupted, UK police should make sure they take samples from the parents and match those with the boys , then the victims.

The case is falling to bits, watch out Koa Tao villians the clock is ticking.

• Like 1

Mon is everywhere.

and Sean must know more too. If loads of locals apparently know what went down (is that still the claim?) then Sean does too. Hope the UK cops speak to him and he spills the beans before they go to 'observe'

Sean is back communicating ..look at the comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEMf3iuEFs&feature=em-uploademail

Glad to see he has spoken out. What he says sounds viable too. BUT there were quite a few people early on insinuating that many (local) people on the island knew what happened that night. I'm surprised that if that is the case that Sean did not pick up some of this knowledge.

And not 100% sure I believe he takes no drugs. Seen mention of the 'red pill' on one of his profiles somewhere, which is the most common colour for Ya ba no? Anyway, pleased to see him speak out. Like he says, let's see the footage of him covered in blood in Mon's bar.

Mon knows a lot imo. I've thought so since day 1. Not saying he was directly involved but he knows about it. Coulda been the DJs (the village heads sons / nephews look like they are in or hang with the DJ group)

Meh, seems a lot of you haven't seen the Matrix, nor get the gist of red pill vs blue pill, so here's a little wikipedia entry explaining it.

Ta for the clarification

Be clear. Read paradiselosts review from yesterday regarding mons involvement and the initial police advise on this also. You are giving mon the benefit of the doubt which is undeserved.

• Like 1

Mon is everywhere.

Ta for the clarification

Be clear. Read paradiselosts review from yesterday regarding mons involvement and the initial police advise on this also. You are giving mon the benefit of the doubt which is undeserved.

Or tonight ....

Where was the DNA testing done? This report clarifies things a bit: ThaiPBS September 16

Where to now? Try resetting the clock to September 23 and start again. Everything reported after that is - questionable...

Thai PBS September 23: One tourist murder suspect now arrested, another on the run

Here is something I had never read before now ... it relates to ---but doesn't answer---many questions people have been asking and debating about where Hannah and David's bodies were sent for the autopsy and who performed it, where DNA tests may have been performed inside Thailand, who decided how Hannah and David's bodies were transported back to England and when, what condition they may have been in at the time they were transported, etc.

http://www.itnsource.com/en/shotlist//RTV/2014/09/17/RTV170914052/

We can all speculate on what has happened throughout the investigation (and let's admit that none of us on TVC have any idea what happened with respect to DNA testing and matching after the samples left the crime scene), but I guarantee the British authorities know quite a bit (although quite possibly not all at this point), and they probably know more than any of us ever will.

• Like 1

Mon is everywhere.

Ta for the clarification

Or tonight ....

Be happy to if you point me at it :)

Unfortunately, so many westerners, including many on this very forum, were calling for the murderers to be found quickly and sent to prison the next day. Even though in most foreign countries it takes time to find the suspects, here they are condemned for not finding the suspects next to the dead bodies. Because we live in a tourist area, they try to please the foreigners wishes and deliver results that are not correct, but expedient. Next time please give them some room to do their job.

do their job ha ha ha sat on thier butts counting tea money

Some people believe they did have the right ones at the beginning. A job well done. The police themselves decided to make this complicated, and change the course they were on. Almost everything, pictures, suspects, tools of the crime, have come directly from the police. Csi and tv just remind them, since they forgot.

about time a high profile case like this got into the international media .... showing what the RTP truly are (on a side Immigration also need to be thoroughly investigated from their corrupt practices to the ignorant manner they conduct their daily paper shuffles....they also take and assist in the persecution of migrant workers)

Thailand Karma LOL...well over due

Finally, someone else sees the Office of Corruption Immigration for what they are.

This case has got to be the biggest cover up that the useless (please stop calling them police) brown uniform wearing thugs have to deal with... and with the heat of the world on them, they will crack. I will be happy for the victims of this crime when that happens.

Edited by Nowisee
  • Like 1

Guessing the police were hoping they'd commit suicide in prison, or at least wished for a fast-track trial. Tough on them and I hope it all comes out and destroys careers and KT tourism (until it's thoroughly cleansed).

I see Mr Kent's name mentioned again. Why? And why is he still ambassador even?

I bet the British bobbies are relishing working with the Thai police. I hope they are familiar with this place as it'll be easy to run them around if not. They'd be better off being chaperoned by the army. RTP should take a backseat or, better still, get out of the car!

Stop believing that the embassy never does anything .

They have quite cleverly managed to get access for thr British police without annoying anyone in thailand. They have made their statements about the problems with the case quite firmly and diplomatically.

What would you like them to do? Send in thr SAS?

The observation granted to the British police has nothing at all to do with the British embassy in BKK and everything to do with Cameron meeting General Prayuth in Italy. The fact that Cameron spoke with him about it has nothing to do with his desire for the truth but thanks to pressure from the media both online and hard copy newspapers etc

Edited by MJP. Alywn please don't use the 'D' word. Thank you.

Lies! This was a perfect police investigation and you farrangs just need time to understand.

Happiness in the Kingdom now sits at 120% and corruption has been eradicated.

Love live the Generalissimo

What do you smoking buddy ??

I think he's smoking something called "sarcasm"

• Like 1

How does a guy who was scared for his life, then say he had a good nights sleep, expect anyone to believe him.

He was running to stay alive one minute then up having a lovely breakfast the next.

What a lying piece of shit.

You're an idiot. For believing the newspapers who misconstrued something I wrote on Facebook, and for taking someone you don't know to commit suicide when you don't know the facts yourself. I never said I knew the killers. I said if I got killed then it was by someone looking for a scapegoat. I would love to help the investigation, but I've said everything I could possibly say.

A post with messed up quotes and what could be construed as a threat to someone else has been removed.

Try to keep calm, no ones going to be hunting anyone. Leave all this to the Police (British).

Not mentioned thus far, as far as I know: In Thailand, if you confess (to a crime you're accused of) you get a comparatively lighter sentence. If you don't, and it goes to trial, you will get a heavier sentence if found guilty.

The earlier 'confession' by the Burmese scapegoats probably was cushioned by a promise of 'no death penalty.' However now, since they've officially retracted, they could be facing execution.

Yesterday, 22:51

Somtamnication, on 22 Oct 2014 - 06:13, said:

"A police spokeswoman said police from New Scotland Yard had yet to contact Thai police about how or when their detectives would start "work" with them. Pol Lt-Colonel Chanchai Rattanaphanich said all details on the case including crime-scene investigation had been readied for them."

Can't wait for the UK bobbies to read the Engrishee translation of those thousands of pages. They will go nuts reading "two peoples has killd two peoples". "kon burma very maidee and run with from away bodys" and the ever incredible "DNA of two kon burma maidee bad have on them and on bidys of two peoples and all police peoples love uk peoples and wes too".

Mate please can I elect you to write the book of the story of the Thai police investigation that will be made into a miniseries. I laughed so hard at your telling of the extracts of the report. I almost spat my beer. This is priceless and bloody SPOT ON ! Well done mate.

######################################

Agreed, and if the mini series ever gets off the ground can I play the banana pancake interpreter man. I've been told i make a GREAT pancake.

Ironic that the RTP / BIB erected a sign today...

Dead set hilarious is what it is.

Thank you police farce another example of your stupidity.

Photo is almost a month old. Hopefully the mods will kill all the posts answering this. What'a the point now, everyone knows what is thought of the BIB...

beatdeadhorse.gifbiggrin.png

Thai officialdom has tried in every way to shore-up this frame-up, but it could come down like a sand castle hit by a big wave - when truth replaces bullcrap. No one should be surprised when Mon and Nomsod all of a sudden can't be found - when summoned. Quite likely they both have quick exit plans.

The Brit ambassador probably knows a lot more than he lets on. However, I think he's playing his cards too politely. I understand diplomacy, as I grew up in a diplomatic family (dad was a career diplomat). I'd like to see him take a tougher stand and tell Thai officialdom that we (expats and most Thais) have a lot of doubts about how the investigation has been going.

Yes indeed, seems 8th Region Commander may have had a call from BKK.

Some say Police Institute of Forensics could not have determined race (ie Mongolian/Asian) of rapists.

But check this:

Sat 20th Sept: Pol Gen Somyot states DNA shows they are looking for 2 Asians

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/asian-suspects-rape-english-tourist/

Sun 21st Sept: Pol Gen Somyot says DNA tests will be done in Singapore.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/koh-tao-murders-dna-tests-will-be-done-singapore

Apologies, prob inet connection/java inserting links

• Like 1